z

Young Writers Society

Monster Exchange

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:15 pm
untameabletiger says...

Shadowland and Presand schools singed up for an exchange student program, forcing the schools to join together.Neither of the schools did research on the other schools, so when they were paired for the month exchange Major problems appear.

Shadowland- a strictly all mythical creatures/monsters academy,(werewolf's,vampires,zombies,etc.) until the exchange,located in a dark, small,said to be an abandoned town.For lunch they go to a forest, find , kill and eat their food.

Presand- a regular academy with no mythical creatures/monsters until the exchange. located in a very busy and very populated area, with lots of sunshine.

The monsters are forced to try and control themselves, because of their grade, but that doesn't mean they all will.
The humans must always stay on guard, and be able to defend themselves.

Will the monsters be able to control themselves? Will the both be able to survive?

character profile:

Name:

monster/human:(if you choose to be a monster please include what type you are)

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

strengths:

Weaknesses:

Love?:

other:

Theme:(opitional)

Rules:
-normal YWS rules
-no God modding
-no sex scenes(unless necessary to the story, do not make them very detailed)
-you can cuss but keep it to a minimum.
-no killing people unless they say you can.

PM me for suggestions(:
Last edited by untameabletiger on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:13 am
f1shes says...

I'll join! C:

Name: Agnes Bungard

Monster/Human: Human

In normal school/in exchange school: Exchange school

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Agnes is very closed off, she over exaggerates often and is usually hostile towards her classmates. She's forced herself into being an outcast by making those who engage her feel insulted or uncomfortable. Whether or not her classmates are as unbearable as she makes them out to be, she has very exaggerated hate for people. She does well in school grade-wise, but gets in trouble often for creating conflict. She signed up for the exchange program in hopes of escaping the fishtank of vapid students, and her unhealthy attraction towards her teachers, both male and female. (fueled by her dislike of her own age-group)

History: Agnes' mother had her when she was 16. She never met her father, but often plots against him for "ruining" her mother's life. She has never had more than one or two friends at a time because she gets sick of people quickly. In 8th grade a rumor started that she had killed her father. She let the ridiculous rumor live because it kept more people away.

Strengths: Fast on her feet, cunning, a quick thinker and creative

Weaknesses: Her low self esteem, people who don't give up on her

Love?: Sure, but it would take effort considering her personality.

Other: She smokes cigarettes
Last edited by f1shes on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:32 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Gaw, I can't get enough of these!

Name: Jules Dove

monster/human:monster- She's a werewolf.

in normal school/in exchange school: Exchange student.

Appearance: Her eyes are black as coal, and they seem to smolder just like coals. Her hair is virtually white, with shocking turquoise streaks. As a wolf, she's grey, and has an almost feline body no matter which form.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Sarcastic, laid back, a little intimidating. She's sort of passive, and though her temper is rather short, you'll have no idea when you're beginning to upset her. She's very good at hiding her emotions.

History: Jules was born a little grey wolf, and was thrown out on the street when she changed into a little girl. Clutching her blanket and with nothing else, she wrapped herself in it (very intelligent little girl) and huddled behind the building. Eventually, she was found, almost a week later, and was taken in by a young man who had a fondness for wolves. When she switched back, he didn't change his mind, and raised her. When she was seven, he put her into the school, and almost immediately after, was killed in a hit and run. Jules was never quite as happy after that.

strengths: running, has her wolf side very under control, skateboarding, smart, patient.

Weaknesses: blacks out when exerted too much, spaces out sometimes, touchy, a little too confident, over proud.

Love?: Sure

other: When she switches to wolf, she has tufts of turquoise fur.

Theme: Dig, by Incubus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZxAQ4QRQvM
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

13 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:35 am
f1shes says...

Just a suggestion, but I think you should choose one school for it to be set in. That way we won't have to have two plots going on and we can just assume some students from the school went to the other.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 am
Pundit says...

(better)
I think we should limit the number of each type of monster.
Name:Panini Jyran Shesh

monster/human: naga

in normal school/in exchange school: exchange

Appearance:http://seat42f.com/images/stories/tvshows/Heroes/Season3/Promo/sendhil-ramamurthy-mohinder-suresh-heroes.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fVtcnir-XXA/RqbxB14gCRI/AAAAAAAAACI/vjwVX31Cqbo/s400/king-cobra-india.jpg

Personality:very intelligent, he can be overly confident

History:

strengths:

Weaknesses: has a hard time holding his alcohol

Love?:yes

other:gay, is very fond of rice wine

Theme:(opitional)
Last edited by Pundit on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:23 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Balthazar Gilmore

monster/human: Monster-Vampire

in normal school/in exchange school:

Appearance: His skin is pale but his hair is jet black. He's 6 feet and eight inches tall. He's very muscular too. He has bright green eyes framed with thick black eyelashes.

Personality: Balthazar is usually kind of quiet. Humans call him a bad boy. He gets angry easily and he hates people that think they know everything. He accepts different peoples personalities. He also enjoys freaking out humans.

History: Balthazar has been through tons of wars but he hates it. Everyone around him dies. His comrads, the enemy. But he can't die. He's witnessed a lot more than you could imagine. But he finds it intriguing to watch how the world is evolving. But he hates it since everything else can change and he's stuck the same.

He also finds the excuse people found for vampires quite funny. He's also tried several times to destroy himself. But to entertain himself he loves to freak out humans

strengths: Freaking people out, intimidation, strength

Weaknesses: Girl that are younger than him. Especially if they look like him...it reminds him of his sister, who he accidently killed, so he can't bare harming them.

Love?: Sure, why not.

other: He's recently started smoking again. It's not like it'll affect him anymore. He just likes the feel and taste of it.
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:24 am
untameabletiger says...

good idea, but witch one? we already have people in both.

13 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:34 am
f1shes says...

untameabletiger wrote:good idea, but witch one? we already have people in both.

That's why I thought of the idea. Because that way all the characters are mixed, not just a few. I think humans in the monster school sounds like the most interesting idea, but it's entirely up to you. :)

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 am
untameabletiger says...

thanks, we will do that. So the Exchange thing mixed the schools?

13 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 am
f1shes says...

That might cause complications with the different classes, but I think it could work. Maybe if it was a boarding school there would be more interaction. Sorry if I'm imposing or anything. I don't want to ruin your original vision.

EDIT: Nevermind, I get what you're saying. :)

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:54 am
untameabletiger says...

i'm Kind of confused now, but i do agree with your idea.

13 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:56 am
f1shes says...

untameabletiger wrote:i'm Kind of confused now, but i do agree with your idea.

Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. So, are we doing the humans going to the monster academy idea now?

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 am
untameabletiger says...

Yes. thanks for the suggestion!(:

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:09 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Crystal

monster/human: Mermaid

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's generally sweet and caring, but tries to stay away from humans. She has a hard time keeping secrets, and doesn't want to blow the fact she's a mermaid to the humans. She likes to gossip, and can't resist a good story. Once she can trust you she will be friendly, but tends to still be overcautious.

History: She was born to a human, but her father was a merman. That gave her the ability to walk on land, while still keeping all her mermaid powers. She went to the school when she was eleven, hoping to learn to control her powers. Because, at that time, she would just have spells where she would flicker back and forth between mermaid and human. She learned to control herself, but can't go near water. Crystal can walk on land as a human, but if any water gets on her she turns into a mermaid. Therefore, she avoids it like the plague. She hunts raw fish in the school lake.

strengths: she is a good swimmer, can breathe underwater, very graceful, has a pretty voice, has some control over water

Weaknesses: can't keep a secret, can't go near water, she's a gossip

Love?: sure

other: she has a very pretty singing voice, and almost as pretty a speaking voice

Theme: No Ordinary Girl- Kate Alexa
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:01 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Rose

monster/human: Human

Appearance: around 5'11" slender.
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Personality: Rose isn't a very daring person she doesn't like to take risks. Because she's quiet, and very shy around new people, most people think she's conceited.The saying "people who don't know me think i'm quiet, people who don't wish i was" describes her to the point. She is very smart, but does have her "blonde moments". She stands out in the crowd because of her unique style, but she has trouble being social when people confront her.

History: Despite her looks and new personality, Rose has a criminal record,and a emotional past. It started when her dad killed her mom whom she loved dearly and her only brother committed suicide, she was out for revenge. So she made her dad's life a living nightmare, until her dad called the police,and went to court.Her dad was in a relationship with the judge so she lost and was sent to a Juvenal Delinquent academy. She recently returned to her school just as they agreed to temporarily join the two schools together.

strengths: Once Rose is motivated, nothing can stop her from achieving her goal. She is VERY persuasive, she has a way with words, once she gets up the courage to talk to people.

Weaknesses: She doesn't communicate easily, and has a huge fear of heights.

Love?: Sure!(:

other: She usually wears shirts that cover her neck because of a long, uneven row of scars running down the front of her chest starting at the middle of her neck.

Theme: The Last Night-Skillet

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr