z

Young Writers Society

If You Really Knew Me...

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Zeke:

As I scratched Ace's neck I looked up to see who was around me. My breath got caught in my throat when I saw the long pink scars on Kassie's arm. I gave a cough to get rid of the breath. I watched Kassie run her finger up and down the scar and remembered one of my old foster brothers. He always cut himself, and ther scars were just like Kassie's. I frowned and sat back, closing my eyes.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I noticed Zeke had been looking at the long pink lines on my arm before he had closed his eyes. I put my glove back on, closing my own eyes. I wasn't special, I knew that, but I definitely wasn't normal. Not every 16 year old girl in the world is pregnant and cuts and has no parents, though I guess being different was the new normal, huh? I leaned my head against the wall of the van, so tired, yet not able to go to sleep.

I remembered all the times I had used the pain to get out of reality. To silence the memory of the accident. It was all there behind my lids. The glass, the blood, the sound of the rain. All of it was suddenly there for the first time sense I last cut more than a month ago. Of course the memory had always been in the nightmares, I had heard the rain then. The vision of my mother's bones cracking and bending in the wrong direction were always there in my head. But, unlike the nightmares, these visions were vivid, like they were happening now.

I covered my ears as the sound of the rain pounding on the top of the car, the sound of the windshield cracking and shattering into a million pieces felled my head. I wondered if anyone was watching, and if they thought I was having a breakdown right now. Then again, I was. I needed the blade to make it all go away. I needed the blade to make me forget again.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jasey~

Jasey reeled her head to look over at Kassie. Or as some of her friends called her, the Loner Slut. Jasey, however, knew better. In elementary school, she and Kassie had practically been best friends, but in middle school they sort of parted. It was more like Kassie never returning her phone calls, never wanting to talk to her, never wanting to even come in contact with her. Jasey knew it was because of the car accident, but still, they'd been best friends! Personally, if it was her, she'd want all that she could have after her family was taken from her.

Kassie's eyes were shut tightly, her head in her knees, and her hands over her ears. Jasey, biting her lip, could see the beginnings of tears in the corners of Kassie's eyes. Taking off her seatbelt, Jasey slid over next to Kassie, and put one arm over her shoulders, hugging her to herself tightly. Kassie stiffened, but slowly relaxed, still in the same position.

After a couple of minutes, Kassie stopped, and looked up at Jasey. "Thanks," she said softly, Jasey smiling back at her.

"No problem, my friend," she smiled, her smile fading at Kassie's forlorn expression. Did she say something wrong? Kassie just smiled at her, placing her hand back over her small stomach. She was hardly even showing. Jasey smiled and crossed her arms and legs, smiling sweetly at Kasey. "Do you know what it is?" She asked softly, smiling at Kassie still.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:46 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jess

I would've been touched by what was transpiring. If I wasn't so.

Dang.

TIRED.

I was dozing off and on, usually woken by a rude word from one of the others, or Kassie crying, or something or other. The next time they woke me up, I was going to murder them all. Each and every one. Separately. And slowly. And painfully.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not heartless. I saw what was going on with Kassie, and why Jasey was concerned. I was just exhausted. You don't think I had reason? You try planning out every scene change, music shift, volume at each moment, lighting, light coloring, costume fitting, rehearsal dates, and dealing with the cast of a never-been-done, one and a half hour show.

By yourself.

Thought so.

Even as I slept (oh, and how wonderful sleep felt), I couldn't escape it.

Set two, replace set three, lights up one point five notches.

Bring mic three up two, mic six down one.

Code 000674 won't do... 000945? No, too red.

Play track 22, thirty seconds in, volume twelve at five mic.

You see what I have to put up with? Add that to teens who are dead set against your sleeping, and you have one cold, heartless, going-to-kill Jessyka Cord on your hands.

And don't. Call. Me. JESSYKA.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

Maybe it was more obvious than I thought? Either way, I wasn't trying very hard to hide it, was I? I wondered what it would be, hoping it would be a girl. But with a baby, you couldn't be sure. The only thing I could do was hope. Hope that it would be, and pray that we'd both live through this thing.

"I'm not sure yet," I whispered, keeping my voice low. She used to be my best friend, but now, we seemed to ignore each other. I wasn't ready to talk to people yet, or at least that's what I let myself think. I pierced my lips, looking down. Sudden;y, I looked back up at her. "You know, I'm really sorry. Sorry for ignoring you all those times you called, all the times you tried to talk to you. I know I must seem like an ass right about now, but I am. I'm not asking you to forgive me yet, but if you let me try, I'm sure I can make up for all these years." It all came out in a rush. What was I saying? I was sorry that I had been rude to her, sorry that I had just ditched her in middle school, ignored her. And I hoped she would let me try again. Try to be the friend I used to be before the shock of the accident finally hit.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:56 am
ForsakenAngel says...

DON'T DIE!!!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:46 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Don't let this die please!!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 am
retrodisco666 says...

Adam

I had come to the conclusion that this was going to be the end of life as we know it. I had to share a house with, them. I mean a few of them I could tolerate, but the majority were just to much. The head cheerleader, sick. The jock who smelt like he had never washed ever, gross. No my idea of fun. I just drained out the world by listening to my ipod. It wasn't until after five minutes that I realised that I has been singing Defying Gravity out loud.
"oops" I said. Everyone sort of laughed. The air felt a little lighter then, I thought.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer