z

Young Writers Society

If You Really Knew Me...

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:27 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Adam

She sat their thinking she had the world on her shoulders, thinking that she was the only person in the world to have issues'. Poor little knocked up kid. Anyone of my friends could make the world think they were pregnant and they wouldn't pick her as being it out of a line up. I guess this is probably what she wanted.

After what felt like an eternity the man who brought us hear spoke.

" I want you to pay close attention" he started.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:01 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry i didn't post yesterday. I was really busy. And I'd post now but I'm not sure how to continue from what retro posted.
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Okay y'all, I'm going to play Greyson (the big, scary looking guy) as well, of course :D Sorry for not posting!**

Greyson~

Greyson gazed over the group of students before him. Of course, he'd gotten their parent's consent, just... without them knowing. "Okay," he began, smirking at the group, "I want you all to pay close attention." A blonde, seemingly the 'Queen Bee' turned to Greyson, her gaze poisonous. Abigail. The name registered She opened her mouth to speak, the words spilling out with malice.

"I hope this is all over by two-thirty. I have a hair appoi-"

"Shut up, no one here cares other than Chad," a dark haired, raccoon eyed girl spat, glaring. Jasey Rae. Greyson smirked at the little spat between the students.

"Hey, just because she and I had a little thing going on, doesn't mean I care." Chad. Greyson was close to laughing.

"Prick." One of the guys snorted. Zeke.

As the scene played on, Greyson was sure he had them all down pat.

The king and queen, Chad and Abigail. The little, loner kids, Zeke and Kassie, who was looking a bit plump in the stomach area... as if she was pregnant or something of the sort. The over dramatic theatites, Jess and Adam. The nerds, Chloe and Ryan, and finally, the oddly dressed, wild-haired 'scenetites' Toby and Jasey.

"ENOUGH!" Greyson boomed, smirking. Everyone shut up, the van falling silent. "This will be your first semester. You'll spend a semester in a house, together. You will not be allowed to leave for more that two hours, and you will always have someone else with you. You will all be dropped off at home, and then... at ten AM, we're picking you all up and taking you to the house. Bring whatever you like, except alcohol, cigerettes, or drugs. We will force a cavity search if we think you're hiding something."

The students simply stared up at him, silent.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Zeke:

The guy seemed authoritive and in control. I didn't like him much. And it didn't help that I wasn't allowed cigarettes. I could live without them, foster parents number seven were always on my tail about it, but I just chose not to.

My house was closest to the school so we went there first. The run down house looked abandoned with the weeds, tall grass, dark windows, and things falling off the house. I didn't care that they all saw. I didn't care that they were judging me. What I cared about was the looks they were all exchanging.

I pulled open the door to the van and jumped out. I felt their eyes on my back as I walked through the tall brown grass to the dirty white front door.

Once I got in the house I went to the window and peered out. They were gone.

I'd always kept my stuff to a minnimum. It's just easier to deal with that way for when I move again. I walked the short distance to my room and grabbed the faded bue duffel bag out from under my bed. I went around throwing in my stuff. Jeans, t-shirts, my one other pair of sneakers. I untacked posters and pictures from the wall and put them in the bag. Finally, I went over to my shelf. Puttimg my hand at the end I swiped all of the shelf's contents into the bag. My secret-I love to read.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I simply looked at him like he was stupid. He had to be kidding. My stomach was doing flips, and it wasn't because of the baby. I couldn't be with these people. Not one of them liked me, and I knew it. I wasn't the best person in the world, but none of them were any better than me. I looked around, remembering all of their faces, some harsh, some confused, some angry, and some amused. Was this a joke, or would we really be...living together? I gulped, hoping it was the first.

I wondered if they would do me the favour of killing me the minute we got there. I wondered if Kyle knew about this. I wondered what he would think of this. I needed to stop wondering. I needed to think about how they would think if I threw up every morning, right there in front of them. Most of all, I prayed none of them had been at the party to see me go crazy, and I hoped, if they were, they wouldn't bring it up, or say anything about it. I was sure some one would have noticed, considering I barely remembered anyone from the party accept the one jock Chad that had thrown the party. I couldn't remember if he saw me or not, but the way I was dancing, I was sure everyone had. I sighed, ashamed of myself.

My house was coming close, but they dropped a few more people off before I got off, and I knew the were staring at the way I held my stomach as I climbed out and hurried to the front door, opening it, and rushing in, trying to ignore the urge to kill myself right there. I went to my room and sat on the mattress I called a bed for a few seconds before jumping up, grabbing my bag out of the closet and throwing four pairs of black jeans in there and a few "Eff the World" shirts, then one dress my mother had bought before it had ended. I looked at it, then folded it up and stuffed it in the bag. I grabbed a poofy short skirt that was one of my favourites. I put a tank top and a pair of loose sleeping pants in there, followed by my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I sighed, sitting on the bed again, wondering what else I needed. I grabbed on of my smaller bags and put a bunch of little things from atop my shelf in it--pictures, necklaces, jewelry boxes, makeup bag, though I doubted I'd need that much if I spent most of my time with my head in the toilet. I shivered, and my cat, Sweetie, jumped on the shelf, rubbing her face against my arm. I smiled, looking around for her pet box. It was sitting in the corner of the room, open with two empty bowls in it. I picked her up, holding her above my head for a moment and looking at her.

"Time to go on a little trip," I said, kissing her nose and holding her against my chest. She looked so clueless about everything, but she didn't complain as I put her in the box, pouring some food in the bowl and putting the bag off to the side in the cage. I closed the box, kissing my fingers, then touching them to the metal bars as she rubbed against them.

I sighed, picking up the bag and putting it with my stuff. My stomach was churning, and then it heaved. I was in the bathroom before I even thought about it, leaning over the toilet.

Now that I had that over with I thought, wiping my mouth with a rag. I grabbed my hairbrush and bath bag, knowing I forgot something. I was ready, only I wanted the damn baby out of me so I might at least look normal. I touched me stomach, waiting to feel a slight movement telling me there was a kid in there. I hadn't felt one sense I found out about a week ago, and I had been waiting, maybe it would change my mind about getting rid of it.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jess

I was dropped off next. I waved to Jasey and Adam and let myself in. Ren, whose middle school didn't start for an hour, looked up in surprise, spoonful of cold cereal in hand. She raised an eyebrow.

"Did you attack that Louher guy again?"

I laughed. "For the record, he started it, and no. Something funky's going on, but it's fine. I gotta get some stuff."

I ruffled her hair, blonde like Dad's, and trotted up to my room. I grabbed a suitcase. I threw in my clothes and quilt, and jammed in a spare pillow. I picked up Bobi, my stuffed panda, and carefully slid her in. I sat down on the bed and picked up a picture frame. It was me and Ren and my mom; I was nine, and Ren was six.

I wiped away a tear and put in the frame. Emmy crawled up my back, mewling. She was my cat- only mine. I scratched her back and slipped her into her cage, then put in some more clothes in my suitcase. I brushed through my hair, then packed my hairbrush too. That was followed with all other toiletries, and some shoes. By the time I was finished packing, I had looked at enough memory holding items to make my eyes slightly pink and cut streaks in my blush.

Ren had left for school, so I had the house to myself for a little while. Which basically meant this was going to be another tear fest. I had my iHome and iPod safely stowed away, so I had barely anything to do other than watch TV. I supposed teachers already knew, which meant they wouldn't mind that I had missed rehearsal.

Or that Chad Louher might not come back alive.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 am
SisterItaly says...

Abby

I was next, when he opened the the door, I didn't want to get out. I saw my brothers car. That meant he had skipped today. I hopped out and strode up to my house, trying to seem confident. Once I was safely inside, that was a different story. I slumped against the door as I heard my brother yell.
"Who the hell is it!" I fought back tears as he came into the foyer. "What are you doing home? What ever doesn't matter." He grabbed my wrist and roughly yanked me to my room. He pushed me on the bed and slammed the door shut, locking it. I was stuck here until they came and got me tomorrow. So I started packing. I emptied a drawers worth of outfits into my suitcase and headed for my little half-bathroom. It only had a toilet and a sink. but I had my bathroom bag in here, just in cause. So I grabbed it, as I continued to scurry around, packing for tomorrow.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:58 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jasey~

Jasey growled when the man shoved her from the van. She had half a mind to turn around and kick him, but thought better of it. Instead, she stomped up to the huge, two-story, mansion-like house. Yeah, gaze in disbelief at the little emo girl's home. She snarled in her mind, and walked through the door, slamming it hard enough to make the large windowed wall rattle.

What kind of parents put a whole wall of glass in a house where their sixteen daughter stayed alone?

Where they asking for someone to break in and kill her?

Duke suddenly bolted into the living room, his back paws sliding across the wooden floor as a wooden duck, tied to his furry tail, quacked loudly behind him, the huge dog yelping and yowling in fear. Rita's daughters, Ellie and Emma screamed in laughter as Rita walked from the kitchen, shaking her head and smiling softly, surprise in her eyes upon seeing Jasey. "You're home early." She noted, obviously having tooken in Jasey's angry attitude.

"Yeah... I'm going to be gone for the semester. I have to get some clothes and Duke, and we're supposed to be leaving at four in the morning." Rita sighed, telling Ellie and Emma, in her native tongue, to untie the dog and give Jasey a hug goodbye.

"Your parents told me. We'll leave so you can have your last day in the house in peace." Jasey chuckled softly, nodding as she hugged the twins to herself tightly.

God... the one thing she loved more than music and animals, were kids.

She hugged Rita next, and when they left, walked upstairs to pack her clothes. First of all, she had to pack Snickers. She set the rabbit on her bed, reminding herself to pack him in the morning before she left. Jasey tossed two large suitcases on the bed. She packed twenty pairs of different colored jeans, ten skirts, five pairs of basketball shorts, a couple pairs of sleeping shorts, about fifteen band tees, twelve tank tops, and five dressy-type shirts. She packed three dresses as well and over ten pairs of shoes, two of the three bags buldging. In the last bag she put the normal stuff. Makeup, hygiene necessities, iPods, DVDs, and everything else she might want or need. She packed a couple posters and even a can of pain. Hey... her room would have to be decorated some how.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 am

Chad

I let myself in silently. "Sue?" I called. "Sue, are you here?"

"Yeah, in the kitchen!"

I smiled. I set my bag down and walked in, kissing her blonde hair. Dear Sue, my only family.

"Er, Chad, can you.." She sighed. She hated asking for help. "I can't move."

I softened and picked her up, carrying her to the living room and putting her down on the couch. "Go pack," she said, grabbing the TV remote. I nodded and walked upstairs.

I opened my suitcase and started packing. A picture of Mom, me, Dad and Sue. A football. A sketchpad, and pencils. Clothes. Toiletries. Pillows and blankets.

Done.

I hadn't let myself think at all while packing. If I did, I would cry. Crying was for the emo kids. And girls. My dad would've hit me if I started crying.

Or at least, he would've if he had been drunk- which was nearly always. It had killed him, hadn't it? Learned my lesson. I laughed bitterly and zipped up the black case, then flopped on my bed. I heard Sue singing downstairs and smiled. Singing was just about the only thing that kept her happy nowadays.

Wait!

I ran downstairs, practically three at a time. "SUE! Who's going to take care of you?!"

"Don't worry about it, Chad. I got a nurse to come over."

"But Sue-"

"Chad!" She paused. "Please. I'll be fine." I sighed and nodded.

I wished that stubborn part of my mind could believe that.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

One of the few times my stomach stopped hurting, and I was hungry. I sighed, getting up and out of bed. I had been simply laying there, not sure what to do. Sweetie had gone to sleep a while ago, and I had nothing to do. My iPod was, no doubt, in my makeup box, hidden from Kyle. He used to take it all the time and listen to it while I was gone, and it would be dead by the time I got home. All of the stuff for it was packed already, and I didn't feel like pulling it out.

I wanted food. I went downstairs, wondering if Kyle had gotten paid for the week and bought some food. I skipped down the stairs, thankful the movements didn't hurt. I went to the fridge, a little more happy than usual. I was going to be away, doing something. I wouldn't be stuck here alone half the day. There was milk, eggs, bacon, and orange juice. The essentials for breakfast. I wondered if we had a box of cereal. I wasn't in the mood to cook, but then again, when was I ever? I checked the cabinet. Sure enough, there was a box of Cheerios sitting there. I pulled the box out, the cereal falling out of a hole in the bottom where a rat had chewed through. I sighed.

"What kind of rat eats Cheerios?" I asked myself, cleaning up the mess and throwing the box in the trash. I guess cooking was the only thing left to do. I pulled out the eggs and bacon, turning to stove on and grabbing a pan from the cabinet. I cracked an egg and watched as it sizzled on the pan. I was suddenly in the mood to make a big meal, and my stomach growled. I was hungry, and for a minute, I forgot I was now feeding two instead of simply myself. I cracked another egg, scrambling the two together. I grabbed a plate, scooping up the eggs with the spatchula, putting the on the plate, then putting bacon on the pan.

I went to pour my orange juice, happy for the heat of the stove to be off my stomach. I sat down at the table, staring out the window. I wondered if we would have our own rooms, or if we would be sharing with someone. I needed my privacy if I was going to puke each morning.

Sighing, I sipped the juice. I really had to think of the good things about all of this. I might finally begin to understand how their siblings and parents felt living with them. I laughed, thinking about how rude that was. Did it matter? They all hated me, as if it mattered what I thought about them.

I put my dishes in the sink, going back to my bedroom to lay down for a while and get some sleep. I didn't know exactly when they would be coming back for me, but I really hoped it was after I was ready to get up. I needed to rest, the baby was making me weak, and from Kyle's words, I looked like crap. How lovely?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:25 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Zeke:

I wandered the house "Ace! Ace, come!" I entered the living room and spotted Paul, my foster dad. "Hey Paul, have you seen Ace?" He looked at me annoyed and said "I put him out back." "Paul1" I yelled "There's no fence back there!" I ran out the front door and around the house.

I searched the tall grass "Ace! Come here boy." Ace came running, coated in dirt. He tackled me and we began rolling on the ground. I allowed myself to laugh as I scratched under his chin. He doesn't exactly get along with other people or animals but I couldn't leave him here without me, at the mercy of Paul who ahtes dogs.

That's when the van pulled up. I opened my bedroom window and slipped in. "Ace, sit." He sat and stayed whike I grabbed my bag and slifd back out the window. After closing it I grabbed Ace by his muddy collar and headed to the van.

Here we go.
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Jess

I peeped out the window. The van was rolling up. I grabbed my suitcase and Emmy's cage and dashed downstairs, leaving a love-filled sticky note for Dad and Ren. I loaded my stuff into the open trunk ad crawled up to a seat, shutting the back doors behind me.

Zeke (aha! That was his name- Zeke!) glanced at me and grunted. I nodded and buckled in, pulling my hat down lower. I closed my eyes and let my mind wander off. I did need sleep- lord knows it. This play was driving me mad, and the director and the cast were all complaining that my color choices were too subtle. Adam even had said that the colors were too muted.

So I had spent the past three weeks' worth of sleep not resting, but stressing about light patterns and sound timing. I really wished I actually had a supportive cast to back me up. But Ren was quite the little techie, in all her thirteen-year-old glory, and had noticed things I hadn't had a chance of spotting.

The door slammed loudly, waking me from my half-nap. I looked up, eyes narrow, at my sleep-breaker. It was Louher- big surprise there. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the window, closing my eyes.

Chad Louher would not prevent me from sleeping. EVER.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

Abby

I looked out the window, kneeling on my bag. I saw the van pull up, shit! Adrian still hadn't met me out. At least I was ready, and my floor was on the first floor. I opened my window as the van honked the horn. My bedroom door opened and Adrian came in as I finished opening the window. He looked furious.
"What are you doing?!" He screamed and he walked over in three swift steps and closed the window. I swooped down and grabbed my bag as he grabbed my arm.
"T-the van out front is for me." I whispered. He yanked me into the hallway, heading for the foyer.
"Speak up, and get out." He said shoving me into the door and heading for his X-Box. I slowly opened the door, as light flooded my eyes I blinked. I saw the van, as the driver honked again. I took a deep breath and put on my happy, preppy, I'm better then you face.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jasey~

Jasey sighed as Breaking Benjamin blared in her ears, her eyes outcast onto the street. Duke was laying next to her, whining softly. It was so... lonely. So... quiet. Maybe staying a while in a full house would be something good. She'd at least have SOMEONE to talk to when she needed it. Looking down at her uncovered wrists, her eyes danced across the intricate scars that decorated across the veins. Oh, how she longed to do that again.

NO!

Jasey had stopped that a year ago, after her death scare, and she simply couldn't do that to her dear nanny. Somehow, she found herself wondering if her parents even cared. What was the point of having a daughter who had been as accomplished as Jasey was in middle school.

Oh how she had thrived for just a sliver of attention from her parents. A slight acknowlegemeant would've even worked.

With a heavy sigh, Jasey strode over to the jewelry box in her room, opening the lid.

Mom and Dad, they never cared, and they still don't. I'm just another thing they have to pay for. Another bill.

She picked up the shining razor blade, and slid it into the back of her tiny gorilla before grabbing her bunny and putting them both into the suitcase. Duke barked, growling at her. She shushed him with a small, slightly insane, smile and rolled her bags down the stairs and out into the yard, Duke's leash in hand. The pack of cigs on the kitchen counter were tempting, but she didn't dare run back in to grab them, especially with the van in front of her house.

Jasey grabbed her skateboard and everything else, throwing them into the second van before climbing into the main van with Duke, sitting down and staring out the window, not a word said to a single person. Had she looked around, she would've realized she'd sat down next to the devil himself.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

Sighing, I realized that I hadn't gotten one ounce of sleep in the--I looked over at the clock. I jumped up, glancing outside, and hand unconsciously going to my stomach. That was going to be a small problem. Or big problem, I guess it depended upon how you looked at it. I shrugged, thinking it a small problem.

In the two hours I had been laying down trying to ignore the stomach aches, I had thought about that baby. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be. I had actually started thinking about coming up with a name, but I hadn't thought of anything yet. I had gotten out a small notebook and scribbled down baby names at the top, boy's on one side, and girl's on the other, drawing a line down the middle of the page. I heard it outside, and I checked once more to see the van pulled up outside. I couldn't help but grab the blade I hadn't used in so long and put it in my pocket. I didn't think I'd use it, but who knew. With a sigh, I grabbed my things and headed to the front door, giving one last long look at my home before hurrying out the door before I could give them a chance to come get me.

I got in the back of the van, Sweetie finally waking up. She wasn't too fond of the dogs that was in there, but they didn't bother me. It looked to be Zeke and Jacey's dogs. I felt the metal, heavy in my pocket, but I tried to ignore it. By the looks of things, I obviously wasn't the only cutter. Jacey looked like she had plenty of scars on her wrist from the looks of things.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad about myself. I did feel sad for her because I knew just how addicting the pain could be. I remembered the one time Kyle had caught me, razor in hand, while I was trying to add to the scars on my body. He was so mad, and he thought he had to watch me everywhere I went. I had kicked him trying to keep him from taking the one thing away from me that actually made the pain from the accident go away. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

This isn't something you want to do again, I said, remembering the sight of all that blood, all the cuts. I unconsciously pulled my long glove off, not caring if anyone saw the long pink line that went down my arm, or any of the other faded pink lines around it. I traced it, remembering how the sting of the blade had made all of the memories from the accident went away. I remembered how sweet if felt. How good it feels.

You couldn't say that something that hurts so badly feels good exactly. It's more that it just feels right. And something that feels so right just couldn't be bad. It has to be good. It is good, better than good. Better than anything with any guy ever. That was my thought on the subject. Kyle had thought I was crazy, and he had searched my whole room to see if I had more razors, then he gave me a huge lecture. Thank God women have bras, or I would have been nothing. But I hadn't even used it sense then. I had hoped I was over it, but I saw now that I wasn't completely done with that activity.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig