z

Young Writers Society

If You Really Knew Me...

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

Yes Ninja, you can post if you want:D But everyone, have your first post making your character getting to school, and getting to their groups. Make sure they see the big guy getting out of the car, and the characters getting chosen as well!

Kthxbaih!!
~Chup
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jess

It had been a usual morning. Dad had dropped me off at school early (today was, as my father said, Let's Wake Up Early To Watch Weird Advertisements Day) and I had smiled, told him I loved him, and went to the rest of the theater group. My second family.

Today was a good day, no fights with the jocks or anything. In fact, when I passed, Head Jock Mr. Chad Louher simply nodded and said, "Theater girl." And I had nodded and replied. "Jock."

So off I had walked, knit hat set at a tilt, the zippers on my cargoes jingling, Vans patting the ground softly. I had taken a seat on the grass and reviewed my notes- Curtain up, stage lights up, track 02 play. That's when Rach had pointed out the buff dude with the black van. We had scooched tighter together and ducked our heads.

My wrist ended up getting grabbed anyway. I had shrieked a little and tried to fight him off, but he had smiled and told me to follow him, that we were just going inside the school. Glaring at him, I followed. I saw others with us too- Head Jock and the Queen Bee, and others. I smiled at Ryan, who had helped Adam with math once, and picked up the pace. I didn't want to be anywhere near Louher and Myers.

What was going on?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 am
SisterItaly says...

ABBY

I stepped out of my brothers car.
"Have a good day at school." He said, loud enough for everyone to hear. Sure! Act like the model big brother while everyone is watching and listening! I took a deep breath and slammed the door shut.
"Sorry." I said, very snarky. He glared at me. I was sooo going to get it later. But for now I had school and everyone who envied me. I saw Chad, and waved at him. i had made out with so many jocks it was hard to remember if he was one of them... It didn't matter. I walked over and sat with the rest of my friends. I was going to be stuck at home again tonight... with my brother. That meant, no phone, no laptop, just me and my four walls for hours on end. I shrugged my bag off as Hilary waved me over. I winked at her and cartwheeled over, meeting up with everyone before Chad got over there. Take that stupid jock, with your stupid perfect life. Sure he had a few exes who hated him, but like that compared to my life... I saw some creepy guy pull up in a van. I jumped up and gave Chad a welcome hug.

*NCM you cna have him choose us*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 am

Jess

We stopped at the Golden Group's cluster. I scowled and turned my face, tugging my hat at more of an angle. There. I heard The Queen trying to protest, and Louher trying not to laugh. I whipped around.

"Louher! Myers! Just come on already, I have rehearsal in an hour." I snapped, turning back around immediately. Louher was a heartbreaking jerk. Myers was a demon straight from down below. I hated them both.

I folded my arms and followed the man. Chloe and Ryan had already been pulled into the group, as well as a pale girl (I think her name was Kassie something), a brown haired guy (started with a z), a blonde guy, Adam, and a smiling girl with brown and blonde hair. Jasey Rae.

I smiled at her and started a conversation, ignoring the brooding Z-guy, eerily smiling blonde guy, the nervous looking geeks, and the Queen and Louher.

This could be interesting.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:29 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie Kennedy~

It wasn't easy, getting up every morning, puking your guts out, eating breakfast, brushing the bad breath away, going to school trying not to throw up there either, try to be ignored and hide the scars. But I seemed to do it. Kyle was there, of course, as a big brother/mother/father. He felt bad for me, I could tell by the face he made when he saw the scars from the car accident every time he saw them when I took of my long gloves with the fingers cut off. Just finding out you are pregnant doesn't help the situation either, but we seemed to be working it out. This had happened one late night, one fun party that no matter what, I can't seem to remember what happened to me and how much I drank, and how the hell I woke up on the trampoline outside the neighbor's house of the jock who threw the party. Yea, I was a loner, but once I drank, I was out there.

I was deep in thought, too deep. Kyle touched my arm, making my head snap up. I looked over at him, realizing it was time for me to get out and go face life. He smiled awkwardly, and I hugged him, trying not to hurt myself as I got out and waved to my big brother. I didn't smile back, but he understood why. I began thinking again, and it wasn't long until I lost myself again. Good thing I was a loner, no one to talk to.

Someone grabbed my arm, pulling me off the bench and forward. I didn't realize it was a huge, bald buff dude until he released me into a seat. There were others around, but I ignored them, wondering what was going on, and why I'd never seen this guy before, but suddenly he was pulling me somewhere, and the other weirdos were here. OK, they weren't weird, unless you were talking about the other loner Zeke Rave, who quite frankly I ignored, like me or not. He was misunderstood as well, but I wasn't giving a damn. I was scared for myself. OK, more for the new life growing in me, but yea, me. This baby was part of me now, if all the throwing up wasn't bad enough, I was having cramps and eating a lot more. And if that wasn't a sign that I was pregnant, I started holding my arm around my stomach, and when I noticed people looking, I dropped my arm. Hiding it was useless, soon, I'd be two hundred pounds, and waddling everywhere.

I shuddered at the thought. Not that it made me disgusted, I was perfectly fine with it. It was the thought of all the pain I'd be going through, both mentally and physically. Pain scared me. It all reminded me of the night we had wrecked, and my family had died. That was the night Kyle had started caring for me. It all made me sad, but I'd learned to hide my emotions around others. I felt like I was going to puke again, though, so I held my stomach tightly, hoping it went away soon.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:38 am

Chad

The way the Cord girl had snapped at us was sort of hilarious. I was having difficulty not laughing my head off. "I have rehearsal in an hour!"? I snickered. Cord glared at me, then continued talking to the scene girl. The pale girl, the one who was holding her arms strangely, looked... sad. And scared. Oh well. Not my problem, hers. Then again, that's why every girl I'd ever dated hated me. Huh.

Cord was starting to fiddle with her hat. She did that a lot, especially when she was nervous. I wondered why; if you even approached the hat, she'd growl, bare her teeth, and snarl. And trust me, a growling, snarling Jess Cord, with her black hair and eyes like ice? That's a sight I could live without.

I did hope Coach wasn't going to slaughter me for this, though. He'd already had it with my girl issues, and I had missed two practices in the last two weeks. My performance and grades were really keeping me alive here.

Not that I cared. I was doing this for Dad. Alcoholic, dead as a doornail, Dad.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:20 am
kidashka says...

Name: Chloe

Age (16-18): 17

Grade (11-12): Do not understand this...

Clique: Geek

Appearance : http://500daysofsummer.files.wordpress. ... ey_584.jpg

Personality: Quiet and introverted, she rarely speaks her mind, mostly choosing to simply observe and analyse. Most of what she does come out with is fairly random and detached from the actual conversation that was going on - she seems to just fastforward through some of the conventions of interaction.
She is very curious and will occassionally ask questions on something she finds interesting, before withdrawing once again to contemplate upon the response.

History: She comes from a relatively poor background; well off enough to live comfortably, but not enough for the education at college that Chloe wants. Whilst her parents have never been anything less than supportive of her aspirations, she felt guilty on the pressure she was putting on them to aid her with the oncoming fees. Therefore, she decided to study as hard as possible, along with getting a job to save money, and put aside her social life in favour of working towards her future. Many people have mocked her, but she is willing to do whatever to lessen the burden on her parents.

Family?: Both parents and a younger brother.

Pet?: She has an ant farm.

Up for love?: Yup, sure.

Other: ?

Chloe

I stepped off the bus quietly, scanning the area for wherever Ryan and the others had gotten to. One of the questions on yesterday's homework had opened up some interesting theories on the themes in Othello, and I really wanted to discuss it with someone before the lesson began.

"Ryan," I greet with a soft smile as I reach his side. I paused, then: "Do you think the final scene in Oth-"

I never got to finish my question. A hand clamped over my mouth, dragging me away as I flailed my limbs pointlessly. Probably a jock, I thought, before I was thrown into the back of a van.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 am
retrodisco666 says...

I sat eating breakfast table talking to myself. Today as everyone important in our school, was going to be my day. Mrs wyres, the schools drama teacher was going to announce me as getting Romeo. This mine and Jess' plan always. We would both get the leads. I grabbed my bag and ran to school. It wasn't far. I sat there under the elm tree at the back of the school and I saw a big van pull around the school. I was intrigued, I walked round the front of the school and saw Jess sat near the front of the school. I saw him grab Jess and others were following him. He grabbed my arm and threw me with the rest of the sheep following him. I didn't like this spotlight.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Zeke:

The soles of my broken sneakers flapped between the grass and my feet as I headed across the lawn of my foster parents house. The cigarette dangled from my lips as I walked the short distance to school.

As soon as I step foot on the school property a man grabbed me "Come with me." He said.

I pulled away and spat "Don't touch me and I'll follow you."

And so I did. There were others with him. I didn't really know any of them except for Kassie, but she seemed to hate my guts. As we walked I did what I did every day, ignored the stares.

Taking the cigarette from my lips I blew out smoke and threw it on the ground, not even bothering to stomp it out since people behind me would.

I had a feeling that something was going to happen, something that I might not like.
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 am
Chupatoasta says...

Jasey~

Jasey screamed as Grayson picked her up over his head, and dropped her in the bushes, as if he was in a mosh pit. Omar was screaming the lyrics to Poker Face. He was literally screaming them. Jasey clambered out of the bushes as Grayson moshed in one spot, gaining stares. Jasey could resist and jumped in with him, the rest of the group doing the same soon after. After receiving a blow to the guy, Jasey gave up with a laugh, jumping on the table with Omar. They were having fun, and that's all there was to it.

Chad "The King" Loher glanced over, eyes narrowing into slits when Jasey met his gaze. Jasey smirked as Omar whispered something in her ear, the two of them screaming the lyrics to Kiss Me Thru the Phone. Jasey did the singing, and Omar did the screaming, story of their lives.

Jasey jumped down, doing a mini air guitar right as a huge hand clamped down on her forearm, the mans fingers wrapping all the way around it. She screaming and tried to fight to get away. He yanked her into the group of mixed stereotypes, throwing her against Chad.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 am

Jess

I disentangled Jasey from HJ. (That's my new name for him. Abbreviation of Head Jock.) I liked Jasey; she was actually nice to us-me- whoever. She was cool. Therefore, I would not allow her to touch Louher for more than half a second. I shot him a glare and turned to her. She was... still smiling? Weird chick.

With a rush of panic, I remembered my notes- and rehearsal. CHIZ! We were having a full runthrough today... including set changes, sound FX, and prop delivery. All of which were my job. I groaned.

"What's up?" Jasey said.

"I'm probably going to miss rehearsal." I said dejectedly, staring at the ground. She patted my shoulder.

"Uh... it's alright?"

I smiled. She was a sweet girl, I'd give her that.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Adam

I felt sick. I hadn't been this nervous since i auditioned for scrooge in a Christmas carol. It was horrible. What was strange though, was the fact that everybody looked nervous. Even the jocks. The cheerleaders, who usually crave the limelight in a morning, shied away. I was starting to think that this was a joke that I wasn't a part of, but it wouldn't surprise me, our school being like it is.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:52 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I kept to myself, or at least tried. I wasn't sure what was going on, but there seemed to be two people out of each school group, nerds, loners like me, jocks and populars, theater kids, and scene kids. I used to be scene, but I decided loner fit me more. I held my stomach, wishing it would calm down, and it did, a little at a time. They were all looking around at each other. I pulled my knees to my chest, keeping one arm on my stomach and the other around my legs, my chin on my knees, eyes closed. I was tired, and I could fall asleep right there, and I think I did.

>Sorry it's short, I haven't posted in a while, so I decided to post<
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Adam

I noticed they had pulled the loner girl Kassie. She thought she was so cool. That no-one knew she existed, that may be true. One thing everyone knew though, was the reason holding her stomach. We had seen it all before, last year the head cheerleader was in the same position, but she wouldn't have noticed. She was just to cool.
~Francoise Sagan

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

I hated myself. I simply hated myself. Plenty of reasons, but only one I could actually think of. I had to go to that stupid party, didn't I? I didn't even know who the father would be, but all I knew was I just wanted to kill myself. I was only 16, just a kid myself, I wasn't ready to take care of it, not all by myself.

I saw the one kid, Adam Fiend, looking at me, and I felt tears come to my eyes. I hid my face in my knees, crying silently. I didn't need this, not now. I wanted to go back home, to lay back down in bed, and to wake up and everything be OK. That wasn't going to happen though, now was it? I had to just face this, and push my way though it.

Whatever.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare