z

Young Writers Society

If You Really Knew Me...

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

*Okay, so I was watching MTV (don't ask) and I got this really great idea from one of the new t.v. shows they're starting. It's like that, but not really*

Okay.

It's a bright, sunny morning at Westmore High School.

Some students stand around outside the school doors, their hair dyed an array of colors, their tongues, noses, ears, and various other places pierced and gaged. Another group sits in the courtyard, laughing and going on and on about the party the previous weekend. The guys wear Letterman jackets and the girls wear short skirts. A third group of extremely pale, make-up wearing Mansonites all bob their heads to their Marilyn Manson songs. Nerds sit in the grass, discussing last night's homework, and bank geeks play their instruments. Various other groups are situated around the school, doing their own thing.

Then... a huge black van pulls up to the front of the school. A tall, bald, buff man steps out, his eyes showing no mercy as he gazes over the group of students. He smirks at the nearest groups, walking around and grabbing a two people from every group, telling them all to follow him into the school.

The next morning, at four in the morning, the kids are all picked up and drove to the airport, which is where our story will officially start.

Each kid has their own story, their own life and why they live the way they do. Now, this man, Bruce Williams, a former ex-con, is going to show them all how misunderstanding they've been with each other based on appearances.

Will your character accept this, or will they peril for the rest of their life in their own little world?

Rules;

1) No perfect characters

2) No killing each others characters, alright? (:

3) Your character can have a pet, but not an outrageous one. (For example; no wolves, or tigers, or monkies -.-)

4) Two, count them, two characters per clique. (I don't want five scene kids and one jock. Not my favorite scenario, sorry)

5) You can have two characters, but they have to be from different cliques, and different genders!

Available spots:

Spoiler! :
Jocks/populars:
Girl - allmixedup - Abigal Myers (Abby)
Guy - ninkacookiemonster - Chad Louher

Scene kids:
Girl - Chupatoasta - Jasey Rae
Guy - Prism180 - Toby Rawlings

Theater kids:
Girl - Ninjacookiemonster - Jess Cord
Guy - retrodisco666 - Adam Fiend

Geeks/Nerds:
Girl - kadashka - Chloe
Guy - Chupatoasta - Ryan Lee Hom

Loners:
Girl - forsakinshadow - Kassie
Guy - fictionfanatic - Zeke Rave

Character profile;

Spoiler! :
Name:

Age (16-18):

Grade (11-12):

Clique:

Appearance (no anime!):

Personallity:

History:

Family?:

Pet?:

Up for love?:

Other:

All slots hath been filled!

DT; topic66396.html
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

I can has popluar girl?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Kassie Kennedy

Age (16-18): 16

Grade (11-12): 12

Clique: Loner

Appearance (no anime!): She has scars on her left arm, and a huge scar all the way up her left leg, both from a car accident.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She keeps to herself most of the time, and doesn't really enjoy communicating with others. She is mysterious and dark, but she is also kind if you got to know her, though most people don't. People generally ignore her, and she ignores them. She says it's seemed to work good for her so far, so why stop now.

History: All of her family except her and her brother died in a terrible car accident when she was four. She has had nightmares about that night sense then, and she has been scarred for life both mentally and physically. Her brother has taken care of her sense then, though he was only 15 when the wreck happened. Not much has happened to her sense then.

Family?: She has one older brother, 27, who takes care of her.

Pet?: She has a black cat named Sweetie
Spoiler! :

Up for love?: Yes

Other: She just found out she's pregnant
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

SInce mine was accepted, here you go!

Name: Jess Cord

Age (16-18): 17

Grade (11-12): 11

Clique: theater kids. (GO DRAMA!)

Appearance (no anime!): Wavy black hair, pale blue eyes, slim and of average height. Often wears gray cargo knee shorts, purple Vans, her favorite hat, and a blue tee.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Jess can act -very well- but she prefers the backstage life. She's not necessarily quiet, but she does keep her problems to herself, and is strong believer of fighting your own demons. She's a touch sarcastic, and a bit of a pessimist. She's a little quirky, but lovable. Her friends know her as bright and funny, and there for support. She's not one to get involved in a war between cliques, or within the clique.

History: Jess's parents were divorced when she was four. She lived with her mom, until she passed when Jess was ten, in a fire (her mom was a fireman. Woman.). She has since lived with her dad and little sister; her dad is a touch eccentric and her sister sweet and an odd child, but they're a loving family and an open, caring, carefree one at that. When she first came to this school, everyone avoided her because she looked rather intimidating. She was miserable until she joined theater; theater and her little sister are basically why she even bothers to live.

But Jess often has nightmares about fire and her mom, and can't sleep well. She hasn't in six years. She has a funny way of always getting herself hurt emotionally- falling for guys that she knows don't care whether she lives or dies, setting herself up to fail, and not knowing how to deal with her friends leaving her. So she often looks broody and sullen due to trying to figure out how to piece herself together after everything she's gone through.

Family?: Dad and little sister. Mom's dead.

Pet?: A black cat with green eyes named Emmy.

Up for love?: Yup.

Other: This is her hat:

Spoiler! :
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:34 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Can I has one? Either a loner or nerd guy, surprise me =P
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 am
Prism180 says...

Name: Toby Rawlings

Clique: Scene kids

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Toby is a very quiet person. He keeps to himself most of the time unless he's talking and hanging out with his friends. He is often seen with a grim empty smile on his face, like something invisible was making him laugh..weird. He also has a short temper at times, getting very angry when something upsets him.

History: He was placed in foster care at the age of six when his mother died of natural causes. His father is nowhere to be found and had left them both years ago. Toby seems to be coping well with this loss, but on the inside its a another story.

Family: His mother is dead and his father is missing in action. He is the only child of his little family.

Pet: He has a rabbit named Aladdin
Spoiler! :

Up for love? Yes, but finds it hard to really trust someone.

Other: He cries
"I've seen your heart, and it is...mine."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Abby Myers (Abigal)

Clique: populars

Appearance (no anime!):
Spoiler! :

Personallity: The normal, mean, snobby, Im-better-then-you attitude. She acts supirior to everone, and she's head of the cheerleading squad. Really it's all a mask, she feels misunderstood. Really she's a nice girl, and very smart. She acts like this because it's made her popular.

History: She was the dorky girl with braces and glasses, the one nobody ever wants to talk to. So she changed that. She focused more on her appearance and became the girl that everyone wants to be. Seemingly. She has made-out with nearly allthe jocks and is often called 'Queen B'.

Family?: Her parents are never home. When they are it's like she doesn't exist. If it's only her and her borther home, he locks her in her room for hours on end while he goes and does as he wishes. If she has a party, then he crashes it and acts like the ideal big brother.

Pet?: nope, none. Her brother killed her hamster, in a microwave accident. So she hasn't wanted any since.

Up for love?: Of course!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Jasey Rae Hendricks

Clique: Scene

Appearance (no anime!):
Spoiler! :

Personallity: Jasey is that girl who's got a smile on her face, no matter what. She always has things bringing her down, but she fights it and makes it through with a bright smile. The only time she's truly serious, is when she is defending a friend, or telling off someone who's been a complete ass to her, other than that she's a kid at heart. She loves to laugh, and smile, and annoy her friends to death.

History: Jasey was that kid at the park that everyone turned their heads away from as she sat at the swing, all alone. Her mother and father were never with her, but they gave her everything she asked for. Not having her parents around, though, really took a part of her. She was always giving material things, never a true family. The only 'family' she ever had was Rita, her nanny, and Duke, her dog.

Family?: A mother and father, but she never sees them.

Pet?: Duke, a huge Tibetan mastiff

Spoiler! :

Up for love?: Yes

Other: Has a bunny she's had since she was five from her nanny. She keeps it a secret and hides it under her pillow.

Spoiler! :
George Bernard Shaw

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Okay, people... I have three spots open, can we please try and get them filled? (I'm about to explode!!)**
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I could make a guy jock, if you want.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:49 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Zeke Rave

Grade (11-12):12

Clique: Loner

Appearance (no anime!):
Spoiler! :

Personallity: He normaly keeps to himself. Most people that approach him get a glare and no response from him. He hardly ever talk to anyone. He gets angry easily and he gets very agressive.

History: Zeke's parents died when he was little. No one wanted to adopt an agressive little kid so his whole life he's been moved from foster home to foster home. His foster parents now call him a lost cause. But some people think that he just needs to be shown some love. The more he got moved and avoided the deeper he got into trouble and his lonelyness.

Family?: His parents died when he was little and his whole life he's moved around from place to place.

Pet?: He has a black german shepard named Ace
Spoiler! :

Up for love?: I guess

Other: He smokes
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Hokay, here is my guy!

Name: Chad Louher

Clique: jock

Appearance (no anime!):
Spoiler! :

Personality: Fun, easygoing, carefree. He's the guy everyone likes- mostly. He doesn't really stand up for anyone other than his "friends", and isn't outstandingly wonderful and kind and blah, blah, blah. He's always in the spotlight, star quarterback, the typical all-american golden boy.

History: His mother died when he was four, and he was raised by his father. At some point, his father started drinking, a lot. It killed him, and he has since been raised by his sister. Recently, she started having severe back pains. So he helps her around and takes care of her, and tries not to bother her. No one knows about any of this. He joined the football team because it was what his father wanted. He feels like he should keep on with it because the team needs him, and he would feel guilty for leaving; he doesn't actually like football. At all.

Family?: His older sister; both parents are dead.

Pet?: None.

Up for love?: Yes!

Other: Isn't the best in relationships. All exes hate him, and it's the only bad reputation he has.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:40 pm
kidashka says...

Can I save a female geek? May change my mind on the gender though :smt003

Why does everyone have dead parents/parental issues????? :P
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Ryan Lee Hom

Age (16-18): 18

Clique: Geek

Appearance (no anime!):
Spoiler! :

Personallity: Ryan's top of the class. Simply put. With a 5.2 GPA, who couldn't be? He's really quiet, and quite shy, but he's got a heart of gold. He's a sweatheart, and a hopeless romantic. He's just too scared to talk to girls. He gets all nervous and starts mumbling if he's talking to a cute girl that doesn't want to know a mathematical formula.

History: Ryan lived in Japan until he was five. His father died traveling from Taiwan in an aircraft, and his mother, full american, wanted to go back home, so they did. Ryan's lived, practically swimming in riches, but he doesn't let his fortune get to his head. Ever since he was little, he wanted to help people, and always was. He has always had a huge heart of gold.. he's just tid bit shy.

Family?: Mom, little brother, dad died in a plane crash

Pet?: Shasta, a merle border collie

Spoiler! :

Up for love?: I guess

Other: He has a journal ;D
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 am

Are we starting now?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites