z

Young Writers Society

Born From the Earth

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:49 pm
Fox says...

Seth

I started to drive away, with no where to go, when I heard I big crash from behind me. I immediately swerved around and parked my car where it was. I jumped out and ran to where I heard the crash.

As I came up the hill, I saw Ashi standing, a building collapsed around her. She was on her knees, head in her hands. I ran quickly to her.

"Ashi. Ashi!" I called as I ran to her. I finally reached her. "Are you okay?" She didn't answer. I looked around, and noticed two bodies laying down, some crumpled remains of the room on top of them.

"What happened?"
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Has everyone met each other except for Rave and my character?
Live, Love, Laugh

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:44 pm
Fox says...

Nope. Only two groups have met: water and fire. We still need the air and earth people to meet up with someone.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 pm
kidashka says...

>How about the earth and air people meet up then? Last I checked, Rave and Peter were... running..... <

~Rell~

Despite my immediate disagreement with Holly's suggestion, with every second that passed it seemed like a more feasible idea. I could control air... what if-

No. Of course not. I broke away from this train of thought, my mood becoming more irritable as the false hope faded away. It would be ridiculous to think for even a moment that-

Ugh. This was going nowhere. I sighed audibly, running a hand through my hair to push it from where it had fallen in my eyes. "Are you okay, Relly?" Holly asked softly, giving me a consiliatory pat on the back. "Where are we going to go now? It's getting pretty late."

"Well... how about we... go for a fly-" Holly's eyes lit up at the mention of this and I grinned at her "-and then I guess we'll just find some place to crash for the night."

She nodded enthusiastically, a joyful laugh escaping her as I held her by the waist to set off into the sky.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

We pulled up to an old-ish motel, and he parked. I had never really seen where he was staying. But it didn't surprise me. He wasn't one to actually go out and buy a house. He grabbed my bag, and wrapped an arm around me. I was still blubbering. Once I was inside he ran back out and walked his bike in, leaning it against a wall. I sat on his bed, my head in my hands. He came and sat beside me, wrapping his arms around me, and patting my back. After a few minutes he pulled away.
"What happened after I left?" I looked up at him, wiping my face. I told him everything, about them snapping at me, about my dad calling me a... disappointment and about mom saying she wanted an abortion. My head was pounding, I never actually, cried in front of anybody before. So this was extremely embarrassing.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:05 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I lifted her chin with my index finger. Oh how I wanted to teach them how beautiful she was, how perfect she was. How much she was really worth, and I only knew one way of doing that. Running away with her. This was definitely not a place for her to stay, but she would stay here as long as she needed, and as long as she wanted.

"You are not a disappointment, or at least not to anyone but them. They don't see you as a diamond yet, though you most certainly are. Best thing about it," I said, pulling her into my lap. "You're my diamond." She smiled, and I kissed her, pulling her closer to me. I wanted to see how this would play out with her gone. Would they say she was missing? Kidnapped? Or would they know who she ran off with. I turned the TV on, watching the news, not sure why. She scooted off my lap, but I kept my arm around me as we leaned against the wall, sitting on the bed still, and watched updates.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 pm
Kaywiia says...

Holly

He lifted me up, and suddenly we were flying. It was like being on a roller coaster, for me anyway. He seemed perfectly at ease. I was laughing the whole time, staring down at the ground. Rell's grip on me never slackened, and I was glad. I was never really afraid of heights, but when I am this high, and am being held up by a person who I argue with sometimes, I tend to get a little worried.

We finally came back down by a little old hotel. My world was still spinning, and I was walking around like I was drunk. I felt a hand being placed on each of my shoulders. After a minute, the world looked like it was supposed to. I took two steps to turn myself around so I was facing the motel we were staying at. Or, at least, the one I thought we were staying at.

"So we're staying here?" I asked, looking at the old motel.

"Well, I..."

I cut him off, "Oh, my, god. It's like in those old detective movies. All that's missing is some guy to come out of a closet with a gun and some valuable item to have gone missing."
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm
Fox says...

Seth

I helped Ashi in the car after she told me what had happened. Some of it I could figure out from the collapsed building in front of me.

I drove around, trying to find a place to stay. I came across a small, and very old, motel. Not much, but it was getting late and we needed a place to stay.

We walked in the front door of the old motel and up to the front desk. After getting our key, we headed to our room. As we walked, though, I felt Ashi stiffen beside me. I looked at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It...that feeling again." she said.

"Oh no." I said. "Why does this keep happening?" I turned around, but the boy wasn't there. There was, however, a different boy and girl.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

My back stiffened, as the feeling washed over me, only stronger. I stood up, walking to the door, and opening it slightly to look out. Juliet came next to me, confusion on her face.

"What is it?" she asked. I put a finger on my lips, spotting the same boy and girl from the park, and a new pair. I pointed to them, and she looked out, gasping.

"They're here," I stated, closing the door. "And it seems like there's more than one. I don't..." I trailed off, pacing. Jul went to the bed, sitting down and watching me.

"Are you sure that they're like you?" She asked. I shook my head, stopping and looking at her for a moment then pacing again.

"Only that girl was, and the guy from the pair I haven't seen before. I can tell, yes." She looked worried, but I didn't want her to worry.

"Are they going to hurt you?" she asked. I sighed stopping again. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm not even sure why they're here. I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be, or if I'm supposed to be the only one. Or if we're not supposed to know others exist." I sat down next to her, pulling her onto my lap and kissing her forehead. I wanted to punch something. I wanted to hurt something. I wanted to get angry and kill someone. This wasn't good if Jul was around. I sat her back on the bed, getting up and pacing again, clenching my hands into fists and then opening them.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:28 pm
FadedHeart says...

Ashi

"Oh no. Why does this keep happening?" Seth asked after a minute.

"It's karma," I explained, "and my own screwed up life getting back at me." Just then, the girl from before stepped into the hallway. I felt my palms grow warm, and I could feel the anger rising in me. I looked at her, "This is your fault."

"What is?" She looked confused. She realized who I was, and her eyes widened. The girl would have had a burn mark on her forehead, but Seth grabbed both my hands, and held them behind my back.

"Don't try anything," he whispered in my ear. I calmed down enough to talk normally.

"Because of your boyfriends little stunt earlier, both of my parents are dead. It's as much his, and your, fault as it is mine." The other couple looked at us in confusion.

"What are we missing?" the girl from the other couple asked. With my hands, I formed a bird out of fire in front of me. It flew around in circles, then vanished.

"You're not alone," I said.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:56 am
Fox says...

Seth

"You're not alone," Ashi said to the couple that we hadn't met before. Their eyes widened, and they understood what she had meant.

"This is really weird. How many are there?" I asked. It seemed like we were all confused. No one answered. They just stared at one another. The boy from the water park stepped out from a room. I could feel Ashi getting hotter, so I tightened my grip on her. Nothing changed. Her anger was rising, and I could tell. Still, I held her hands behind her.

The couple that was behind us moved out of the way. The boy just smirked and put his arm around the girl. That did it. Ashi blew fire from the palms of her hands. I released my grip on her, trying to get out of the way. The boy grabbed the girl and ran into the room. The girl watched from the window, though. I was a little glad the boy had taken her out of the way. She would've gotten hurt. Curiosity kills the cat.

I had tried to move out of Ashi's way, but it was too late. A circle of ire swung around her. I put my hands up, trying to block it. That wasn't my smartest move. My hands were burnt, but at least she didn't hit my face.

I knelt on the ground, holding my hands between my knees and fighting back tears. It took a few seconds for Ashi to cool down. She just stood there, breathing deeply, gritting her teeth. There was something seriously wrong with the boy.

Pain rushed through my hands, but I didn't make a sound. I knew that would make Ashi feel bad. I got up before she saw me on the ground, and tried to hide any trace of pain.
Last edited by Fox on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:34 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

"Stay here," I said to Juliet, touching her shoulder, then jogging out of the room, closing the door behind me. The fire chick turned back around to me, eyes rimmed with red. I smiled, holding up my hands.

"Though I could go for a nice fight, lets not start this here. Not in the middle of the parking lot with humans watching." I motioned my head towards a little girl who had been watching us the whole time. I saw one of them nod, but the fire girl simply looked at me, anger fuming. I probably did something to her, and she got mad, burnt something sown. That's how life went, though

I shook the thought away, thinking about Juliet, who I knew was worried. I still had my hands up, and it must have looked like a robbery to those passing by. I heard the door open, and I turned, seeing Juliet come out of the room, worry on her face.

"Jul, go back inside, every thing's OK for now," I said. She stood there for a moment, and I sighed. "I promise." She nodded, holding herself, wrapping her arms around her body, worry still in her expression, but she listened. She went back inside, and strait to the window. That was all I could do for now. Now to face the psycho who would burn me any chance she got.

Her boyfriend needed attention to his hands, even though he didn't want to admit it. I couldn't control my powers at times, and water coursed down his arms to his palms. It would be cold water, just like putting ice on it. It would do for the time being.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 am
Fox says...

Seth

I sighed with relief as the water rushed onto the palms of my hands. It stung a little, but I knew it would help. I looked at the boy and smiled. Even though I had been mad at him before, he proved that he wasn't too selfish and jerky.

I grabbed Ashi.

"We're sorry for this." I said, looked at her. I knew she wasn't, but this had to stop before it got ugly. "Let's just forget about this. There are more important things to worry about." Ashi didn't calm.

"Like what?" the boy I hadn't met before asked.

"We're all here at the same time." The boy Ashi hated said, Logan I think was his name. I was pretty sure I heard the girl, Juliet, mention it before. "That can't just be a coincidence, can it?" I nodded.

"Maybe this is all happening for a reason. I don't think it would be very good to try to kill each other. Someone might really get hurt, and that could make a lot of things go wrong." I added. Ashi still wasn't calm, but I could fell her begin to relax just a little.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 pm
FadedHeart says...

Ashi

"Maybe this is all happening for a reason. I don't think it would be very good to try to kill each other. Someone might really get hurt, and that could make a lot of things go wrong." Seth suggested.

"I wasn't trying to kill him!" I protested, and stamped my foot on the ground. I was just annoyed now, not really angry. I had made up my mind not to be a fire hazard anymore.

"We know," Seth put a hand on my shoulder. I folded my arms over my chest. Then something clicked in my head. There were three pairs of us, but there must be one more. And this wasn't an accident. The whole thing had been planned.

"You're water," I pointed to each in turn, "you're air, and I'm fire. But there must be two more of us. It makes sense."

"So?" Logan demanded.

"Isn't it obvious? We have to find them and figure out what we are going to do."
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:21 pm
SisterItaly says...

Juliet

I opened the door a little, looking out. Nobody looked like they wanted to kill someone, so I guessed it was safe to go out. I opened the door and stepped beside Logan.
"I thought I told you to stay inside." I looked up to him, he frowned down at me, which quickly turned into a smile.
"And miss out on all the fun?" I ask, my voice still a little shaky. I cleared my throat and looked at everyone else. "No way." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and I out my head on his chest. Then it dawned on me that I hadn't washed my face, so I was still tear stained. Oh well screw them, what happened was none of their business.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos