z

Young Writers Society

The Perfect Voyage ~ Starting

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:16 am
ScarlettFire says...

Go for it, if you guys think you're up for it.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Kalypso Hart

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Image This exactly

Personality: She's very mysterious, and she's not one to tell you her business. She keeps secrets, so you can trust her with your life. She's trustworthy, and kind. She can be deceiving, but don't worry about that, she's harmless. She loves to plan things way ahead of time.

History: She doesn't really have one. She was raised in an orphanage, and on her fifth birthday, it caught fire, trapping Kalypso inside, and burning her. She got out, and she has scars on her now from some of the burns, but they're only on her left leg, the left side of her stomach, and her left arm. She only has one scar on her face, and that was from where a stranger pulled a knife on her once, cutting her right cheek. Now, she goes to a therapist, who sent her to the ship so that maybe she wouldn't be so jumpy when she's around people, and maybe she could make some friends.

Likes/Strengths: She likes humming, listening to music, reading, people who are relaxed, and guys. She plans for things ahead of time, which means she's ready whenever it comes. She does admit to flirting some times, but she really has to like them to flirt, and they have to show attraction towards her too.

Dislikes/Weaknesses: She doesn't like people who are rude, and she doesn't like silence. She puts herself out there for love, and sometimes, she gets her heart broken, but it doesn't stop her from getting back up and searching again.

Up for Love? Of course!

Other: She wears this necklace all the time:
Spoiler! :

And this is her stuffed bear, Sophie:
Spoiler! :
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am
iceprincess says...

Name: Angelique "Angeli" Tannhauser

Appearance: Angelique is quite short (around 160 cm?) and has long and wavy brown hair with natural pale brown highlights. She has a fringe and hazel eyes that change colour whenever she's extremely happy, upset, or pissed off. She likes wearing long, flowing skirts.
Spoiler! :
ImageThese clothes are her favourites!

Also, she is usually seen with her sketchbook, notebook and paints.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is really outgoing, and likes talking to people that catches her attention. She can be really sarcastic, but usually she is bubbly and hyper. She says what she thinks, and always stands up for what she believes in. She has a heart of gold, and although people might think that she would be really tough because of her past, she actually is very sensitive to what people think and say about her and is vunerable. She is unfailingly loyal, and she expects the same from her loved ones. She is extremely intelligent --- she is going to collage at just sixteen years old --- but sometimes she might seem a bit of a show-off.

History: Angelique Duana Tannhauser was born on the 5th of August, 1992, to a German father and Irish mother. They both loved her very much, but they soon divorced when Angelique was nine years old because her father gambled. Angelique went to live with her mother along with her two siblings, Callie (aged 9) and Siegmund (aged 20), and they were very well taken care of throughout their childhood.
When she was thirteen, her father died penniless in a car crash. He had left nothing for poor Angelique and her family, so they were forced to leave their luxurious life behind and her mother had to try to eke out a living by working two jobs. Siegmund had to drop out of high school and work as a waiter in order to let Angelique and her sister to go to a privide boarding school. Their grandmother died soon after and left all of them a sum of money, and Angelique took some to travel around the world before she went to collage.

Likes/Strengths: Angelique loves drawing and writing. She is pretty skilled at watercolours, but she loves sketching more. She loves adventure and exploring new things. She has a lovely voice, though she doesn’t think so; and she usually is a quick thinker. She has a vivid imagination, and loves to listen to music on her iPod.

Dislikes/Weaknesses: She absolutely HATES make-up and stuck-up people. She dislikes people wearing anything that show a bit too much skin and ostentatious people. She is quite vulnerable, and can be quite a sissy at times.

Up for Love? Of course! But it is very hard to get her trust.

Other: She has scars on her legs from when she cut herself, and wears an ankle bracelet from a vendor in Bali at all times.
Spoiler! :
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:10 pm
Sins says...

When are we going to start this? :) Plus, I think we could do with some more guys because I think that there are only two so far.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

As soon as everyone has posted and yes, we should have more guys.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

So. Profile.

Name: Alex Lirian

Appearance: With hair less tall than this, but still spiked:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Alex tends to keep to himself, staying quiet but always watching. Because he is always watching, he's smooth in conversation and most, if not all, social situations. He's got the calm of somebody who knows how to defend himself, and it's no act. That muscular build is earned through working out and the odd sparring match. He's got a wide general knowledge base, mostly from eavesdropping. When he finds a topic he enjoys he researches it more. He enjoys exploring his artistic side but in private, his preferred medium being markers. However, if he's not in a social situation he can be cold and near impossible to read.

History: Alex grew up in a middle class home, but in school got into a few places that were rough around the edges, hence the fighting and seeing a need to learn. He passed school easily enough, going into business at college because he wasn't really sure what he wanted to go into and business degrees are useful anywhere. In all levels of education he kept mostly to himself, not being geeky enough to count as a geek and not into sports so he didn't fit into the jock crowd. He currently works in the marketing department of a software company.

Likes/strengths: His biggest strengths are his ability to watch a situation, read it, and eavesdrop if necessary, as well as his physical strength. He enjoys quiet and being on the outskirts, or being in a small group of friends. He also likes it when somebody takes the time to get to know him and doesn't simply stop at idle chatter.

Dislikes/Weaknesses: Alex dislikes it when forced into a situation he can't read or can't get away from to watch. His biggest weakness is staying too quiet. If he notices something wrong he won't say so unless he's positive about it, which sometimes means he says things too late. This leads into other weaknesses such as wanting to be right and stubbornness. He can also be overpowered if put up against somebody with more fighting experience than him, (he's alright against the average streetfighter, but somebody with formal training he'd struggle against a bit) or if he's against more than two people at once.

Up for love? Sure. If you can crack him.

Other: He's on the ship with others in his department because the company wants to boost it's rating among "good places to work."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:16 pm
MiaParamore says...

Hey there guys so I am finally here for the profile. And sorry to all who had to wait. After posting it I read SF's profile an they are identical a bit. if you think this character won't do, PM me and I will think of another. But then give me two days to post. Or else I can quit if I am a problem. :D

Name: Jenna Rosewater

Appearance: Jenna is one such girl who can turn all the heads in the street on her. With a tall height, a perfect gait, blonde hair and hazel eyes, no one can resist her. She has curls which are normally left loose on her shoulder(not the typical curls but the waves). Her eyes, if someone sees deeply into them, can see what they hide-a burning pain.
Spoiler! :
390261_f520.jpg
390261_f520.jpg (35.53 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Personality: She is a hard person to understand. She looks like a normal girl, with beauty that cannot be explained but from inside she is lonely. After her husband divorced her for being a workaholic, she has always felt an insecurity from inside. She feels that all the people hate her and would leave her some day, and this shows in her personality as she is over-protected about her friends and was about her daughter, the only world she knows. Otherwise, she is of a kind heart and likes to help orphans and poor people by taking part in social events or charity. She loved her daughter to death, and tried to spend as much time as possible even though her schedule didn't allow her to. She loved dogs and had three breeds, even though her Albanian maid too care of them.

History:Jenna is originally from Canada, even though her parents migrated to USA when she was three years old. She grew up in a peaceful and a happy family with three brother and a sister. :pirate3: She learnt ballet when she was eight and likes to paint, even though her ideas are rarely original. She started her modelling career when she was seventeen and has come a long way since then. She is a known face in Hollywood. She married Tim Wheeler, the captain of the USA football team but split from him when their daughter, Rebecca was just two. Ever since then, she has lived a nightmare. Recently her daughter died of cancer and somehow Jenna blames herself for her death and has got into a deep depression. That is the main reason her parents, siblings and doctor have advised her to go and take a break and after a lot of thinking she came into the deck, unaware of the greater dangers ahead of her. Disappointing her fans she has decided to quit modelling and acting(she acted in three films), but her relatives won't let her. Afterall, they want the best for her.

Likes/Strengths: She likes painting and as of late, after going through so many hardships in her life, she has decided to write her autobiography just to release the pain she ahs endured, but doesn't think of getting it published. And like a typical model, she is a make-up and a fitness freak.

Dislikes/ Weaknesses: She is a person who cannot hide the truth or be nice to someone in their front when she doesn't like them or something about them. This has affected her life a lot as most of her friends have walked out of her life because of this straightforwardness adding another of her insecurities. She is not at all arrogant or high-head because of the millions she has and the fame.

Up for Love: Not at all. She isn't stable as of now and needs some time to recover from the death of her six year old. Wish her all the best! :)

Other: She cooks great Italian food and has done her majors in History.

I think that would do. I haven't done a SB before so I would need the assistance of you all. :smt003
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm
ScarlettFire says...

The profile is fine, Shubhi. Once Skutter posts and Yuri finishes editing, we'll start.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:02 pm
skutter11 says...

Here it is!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Thomas West

Personality: Not very socialable, but he will speak to you

History: Thomas was always interested in the Classics, works such as the Illiad and the Oddyssey, and has always read them. Even from an early age he took an interest in Acient History and languages. At the age of seven, however, his biggest influence, his grandfather, died and the family couldn't afford all of the books he needed to carry on his studies. So he had to wait another ten years before he could embrace his research again. He studied the Classics at Pensilvania College and passed the course on top of his class and went on to University where he studied more before he got his Major in Classics and Ancient History. He's on the ship because he fancied a holiday.

Appeance:
Spoiler! :
250px-St--5h16kerensky[1].jpg
Just quite a bit younger. Ok, a lot younger.

Dislikes: Philistines and ignorant people

Likes: Reading (espiecially Lovecraft's Mythos), writing and drawing.

Up for love?: Maybe, but again, maybe not

Other: He knows his way around a ship.
Last edited by skutter11 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Skutter, there is only one stowaway and that's been claimed by Ninja...

Okay, once Skutter has finished his profile and I've PMed our killer, we'll be starting.

45 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm
skutter11 says...

Oh phooey! I'll try again, shall I?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:15 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Anything but a stowaway. And Yuri needs to add how and why her charrie is on the ship to her profile.

Edit: And no more female models.

45 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:24 pm
skutter11 says...

Dunnit!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Don't forget the appearence, and how and why he's on the ship... Um, isn't 26 a bit young for a professor? Unless he's like really, really, smart...

NOTICE: We are starting. Anyone who wants to join late may post a profile in the DT. Please wait for me to okay it before you start. Also, I believe our Killer may have first post... That, or the stowaway. (That means Ninja!)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Roxi Poole/ By The First Body/ Magelian Deck/ Day Twelve, 9:35 AM

I woke up to shouting.

Now, the first part was lovely. Waking up is quite nice. I'd prefer not to be dead. But shouting? Ugh. Shouting is NOT COOL.

I had slept in a spare room. I couldn't order room service, but it had a comfy bed, and no one had checked on it thus far. I grabbed my bag, hat, and board, donned the second, put in one earbud, and put the third underfoot and skated up to the Magelian deck.

I stayed away from official-looking people, for obvious reasons, and wove through the massive crowd that had built up. I peeked around a bulky man and clamped a hand around my mouth.

There was a dead woman there.

I don't know about you, but this was my first time seeing a dead body. By the skate park, you hear things. But you never see them. This was... scary.

"Lady O'Hanley is dead!"

Oh my.

Okay, maybe I should let you guys know that when I stowed away, I did not know this would happen. If I did, pft, I'd be at the skate park right now. Add the fact that my parents wanted me to meet Lady O'Hanley... this was too weird.

Way too weird.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

What will live longer, you or your words? Something to think about the next time you abandon a project...
— Omni