z

Young Writers Society

Masquerade Brothers

Reviews: 3
Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:07 am
Daisy131Spoink says...

Well, this kind of went well last time I did it. Though, on both occassions I flunked. So, I have a propersition to bring this back! And this time, I will not get grounded so that I can come on every day. ^^

Masquerade Brothers

Dear Reader of this Message,

I would like to invite you to a masquerade ball my brothers and I are hosting.
As our father has recently passed away and we have been left with his wealth and glorious mansion. As a result of this my brothes and I would feel so selfish if we didn't place it to good use.

As our goodbye to our father, we would like to host a ball in his honour. Where all the people of Tisdale shall be invited to come and join us on this wonderful day for merriment at Masquerade Manor.

As all Masquearade balls follow, it would be very nice if you all placed on your best frocks and masks and left your identities behind you for the evening.

Yours Sincerely,

The Masquerade Brothers.

Rules

1. Swearing isn't permitted. Though, I believe I'll rephrase that. Swearing is permitted though on a minor scale.
2. Romance is allowed, though, It cannot be vivid. Also very very VIVID fighting scenes. Who doesn't like a good fight.
3.Girl to boy ratio must be even. Not seven girls and the one guy.
4.God-modding isn't allowed. Your characters can't be to perfect, but in saything they can't be boring either.

Plot:
From far and wide citizens of Tisdale have received a letter inviting them to the Masquerade Manor to dine with the brothers in their mournful loss. Though what the guests do not know is that the Masquerade Brothers do not want merriment for others, they want it for themselves.

All guests are hurtled into a race for their lives as one by one the Masquerade brothers hunt down their guests and slaughter them. Every minute a guest dies leaving only group people to find.

You are one of the group people to have survived the Brothers game so far. Time is ticking and you have to find an exit before you are slaughtered in the brothers hold.

Though what you don't know it is the brothers who are doing the killing. As everyone hides their faces behind masks the brothes also do. The death crows, as they call their masks are the last thing you see till you are entering the here after.

There is only one escape but only the brothers know where that is but to find a brother is to find your own death...

Setting:

Masquerade Manor
Spoiler! :

Masquerade Manor origniated in the 1800's, where a rich man bought the house from a blind woman who couldn't see the value of her house her father left for her. Most people believed, the current owners cheated the house of the poor women.

Though the brothers think differently, this is definietly the case. It is the most beautiful house in Tisdale, and is often the barter of conversations.

Tisdale:
Spoiler! :

Tisdale is place where most people believe to be the most beautiful sights in England. It is rather small yet quaint and people like to come here on holidays. With a long rive breaking the town into two. A small boat company lends it boats and drivers out for the passing.

Character Palette:

Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (Anime Picture ^^ Considering everyone is saying 'NO ANIME' I've decided to do the opposite)
Mask and clothng:
Hates:
Strengths:
Up for love:
Other:

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 am
Octave says...

Spot reserved. For a girl.
Last edited by Octave on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I joined last time, so I'm in this time too.

Edit: Profile. The same character as before, with a little editing...

Name: Cassia Winters.
Personality: Cassia is almost always seen as cruel but it's just a mask. She's actually really nice and caring. She'll do anything to protect those she cares for or loves but she gets scared easily..
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Mask and clothng:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Hates: Darkness, confined spaces and violence.
Habits: Bites her lip when nervous.
Strengths: Cassia can be really brave on rare occasions.
Up for love: Yes.
Other: She has a small pocket knife tucked into her bodice. Cassia is the daughter of an Earl, though no one knows this.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:57 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Spot reserved for a guy.

Do you want us to fill out a character thing?
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:25 pm
ultraviolet says...

Spot reserved for a girl. I will put up a character profile later today.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:30 pm
Fox says...

I'll take a girl, please!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:37 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

You're going to hate me (trust me, I know), but *wince* I'll make a girl charrie.

Name: Haelie Lejeaux (luh-joe)
Personality: Sly, cunning, sharp-tongued, quick minded, bold.
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Mask and clothing:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Hates: heat, gossip, flirts, being treated like a child, alcohol.
Habits: plays with her hair.
Strengths: fighting, lying, stealing, running, stealth.
Up for love: sure. Why not.
Other: loves silver things.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:56 am
f1shes says...

I'll join. This is my first Storybook so sorry if I ask anyone for help. :?
I'll make a male character too if no one else joins with one, I just thought this character would mix things up a bit more. Sorry.
:x

Name: Henrietta Talbert
Personality: Henrietta talks constantly, which bothers most people because her deep accent is coupled with a nasally, high pitch. She can be found gossiping, but is unconditionally kind to the person she is gossiping with. She hides her judgements well, so it's difficult to tell if she is actually fond of someone or just puts on a show in order to complain about someone else. Her tendency to throw herself at any man leads her into a lot of "heartbreaks" But any negativity from a woman appears to roll right off her back.
Appearance: (Anime Picture ^^ Considering everyone is saying 'NO ANIME' I've decided to do the opposite)
Spoiler! :

Mask and clothing: The gown in the picture and
Spoiler! :

Hates: Men who don't recognize her advances, healthy food, animals
Likes: Gossip, flirtatious men, quiet women, sweets, luxury
Habits: Fixing her appearance using other people (and their glasses, necklaces etc.) as her mirror
Strengths: Backstabbing, acting
Up for love: Sure

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:14 pm
Fox says...

I'm going to be gone for the weekend but I'll post a profile when I get back.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:06 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

This. Looks. So. Interesting! I'm not sure if you need a guy or a girl, but I'd like to request a spot for a girl, if that's OK. I shall post a profile later! Thanks!!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:00 pm
Fox says...

Name: Isabel Merchant

Personality: Isabel is sweet, brave, and never gives up. She cares for others and tries her best to help when needed. She's kind and caring but can loose her temper easily.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
But she always dresses very modestly.

Mask and Clothing:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Hates: mean people, when others get hurt, heights, and oceans

Habits: she has OCD, so if something is a little off or crooked or something, she has to fix it!

Strengths: She's sneaky and brave and always tries to protect people.

Up for love: YES!

Other: n/a
Last edited by Fox on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:03 pm
ultraviolet says...

Here's my profile:

Name: Jeanna Delarose (Gee-Anna)

Personality: Is usually very quiet. Will mostly keep her thoughts to herself, but likes having one or two friends she can talk to about anything. She's timid, and will always fall back into the group in some sort of group project. Isn't a leader, and willingly follows anything she agrees with, and if she doesn't agree with it, then she might go along with it, depending on how strong her feelings are, or she'll just drift to another group, or just sort of drop out by not really participating.

Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Clothing:
Spoiler! :

Hates: Being a leader, taking charge, being put on the spot, public speaking.

Likes: Following someone who she believes is right, word and number puzzles, reading mysteries.

Habits: She sort of goes along with everyone around her unless she feels strongly against it, in which case she will avoid conflict and simply fall back and fade into the background.

Strengths: Is good at puzzles of all kinds, thinking things through.

Up for love: Sure.

Other: She is pro at solving things like Sudokus and Riddles.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:33 pm
austenite says...

I'll do a guy, cos we need to even out the ratio here!! If you need one more girl though, let me know, I'm better at female characters!

Name: Sam Taylor

Personality: Sam can be desscribed in only one way: spoiled. He knows he's gorgeous and that girls love to hang off him. He's smart as well, which doesn't help. Though Sam can be rude and arrogant most of the time, he does have a sensitive side - he's just not used to showing it.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Hates: Boring people, girls who chat back (this can be used as an advantage in the SB!), peas, sitting still, gushing people.

Likes: Football, being rich, Jane Austen novels (but shhhh! don't tell any one!!)

Habits: Bites his nails. Tends to butt in a lot. Is very self concious, and likes to point out the fact that he is (or at least thinks that he is) hot.

Strengths: His muscles, of course. But he's got the brains as well, and is very logical and quick thinking.

Up for love: Definitely! Especially surprise love...
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:41 am
Daisy131Spoink says...

Name:Matthew "Matt" Wilston

Personality:Fiery, and often brash Matt is a very outgoing person though rather rough. He doesn't take care of where he stands, and usually only cares for himself. He thikns rather highly of himself, though, still has a caring insight on him.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Clothing: (Ignore the guy, just look at the suit.)
Spoiler! :

Hates: He can't stand dancing, or being helpless. He always likes the feeling of helping people, though his personality often contradicts him.

Likes:Girls. Matt is a massive ladies man and isn't afraid to flaunt himself.

Habits:When nervous of thinking he'll play with his hair and narrow his eyes.

Strengths: He is strong, fast and agile. He can think rather quickly on the spot though his emotions play to wildly in front of him.

Up for love:Yes.
Last edited by Daisy131Spoink on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:55 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Can I be a girl?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling