Young Writers Society

Dark Visions

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 pm
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

Numare

"Listen I'm sorry, but these animals have given me my first home in forever, no matter now much I move. I've finally found a place who accepts me for who I am. I'm going to fight, not stay in the corner like a little scared mouse. Even they are making traps around their homes. It's living proof something is happening. I'm making my own traps. I'm sorry , but I have to fight for this home. Pine Marten only made it worse!" I apologized, hissing the last bit to the Marten so it was barely audible. He jumped off of me.

I refuse to apologize for what already happened. He hissed. i reached down to stroke her palm, like I do with the animals to make them calm. I suddenly remembered about her ability.But it was too late. By now, my hand was on hers. I stared at her, wide eyed as she saw my life.

And ran. I wasn't coming back, not for a while. Not as long as the people here knew about my past. The flock sense me, and broke through the gates, running to meet me.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:26 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Saphire
I stared after Numare his past still vivid in my mind. "Do you want to punch him?" Seth asked hopefully. I shook my head. "He's right we have to fight and protect ourselves and the Institute this is the only place we are truly accepted." I said calmly through my tears. I stood up shaking like a newborn colt then I wiped away the tears feeling a sense of resolve. "Ok I'll stand watch first and we can set traps around and inside the building. I think we need to prepare for whatever is coming." I said firmly glad that we had a plan. Seth sighed and then nodded. "Your right like always." He said shaking his head. "But first you have to get into dry clothes." He said insistently. I rolled my eyes and nodded. We walked to the house and I saw Numare gathering the animals. "Numare!" I called. He looked at me then turned back to the horse. I ran to him and rested a hand on his arm. "Your right and I'm sorry I lost my temper we have to fight but we can't do it alone will you help us please?" I said quietly. He looked tempted and hesitated.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

49 Reviews

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:59 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Numare

"Morgan, Frizzie, Riverton, go see if you can find the men." I told them. Morgan nickered to her foal. "No, i'll keep him here to be safe. I won't let him wander off." She whinnied, and followed the trotting others.

"Alright, we need all the wood we can. Not a splinter within 15 feet of the school. We're going to protect our territory." I said, redirecting me attention to Saphire. She started back to the group. I placed a loose arm around

"We got some basic ideas. You got anything?" Seth asked. I looked with a determined expression in my eyes.

"We're going to mark our territory." Rayne was clearly disgusted as I said that. "Not like that. We use spray cans, chalk, anything we can. Make sure they're mounts, it they bring, can't get over the walls. Build detours, things that attract they're attention and try to distract them. Make it clear we aren't leaving. get ready, as if we will fight." I told them.

"That only gets us so far." Saphire said. I winced, remembering she was here. She felt the misery, the pain, the rejection. I shied away from her.

"You have any other ideas?" Rayne asked. Wood creatures huddled around us. The group looked at the animals, big and small. A big stag came up to me.

This is our home. We will do what we can. The stag stated, a bit arrogantly.

"They are going to help us, but don't expect them to kill." I told the others. Frizzie trotted gaily to us, followed by Morgan and Riverton.

They are in a camp. They mustered a herd of about... Frizzie began.

About three full herds. Riverton finished.

"About three full herds." I told the others, who were brainstorming.

"Hmm?" Seth asked.

"About sixty armed men." They winced at my numberings.

Do you want us to check to be sure? An owl couple asked. They had very good skills, for things like that. I stressed how they must not be seen.

"You guys got anything new?" I asked the group.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 am

Saphire
I smiled slightly and ran to get my sketchpad and pencils I sat on the ground my legs crossed and drew the Institute. "Ok simply we need to protect the entryways but their FBI which is why we should have people taking turns in bedrooms sleeping so they can keep watch I will stand watch all night we should have walkie talkie's or cellphones to keep in contact with each other. Numare have birds on the trees and window sills but not enough to get them suspicious. We can build pits and set traps that will only trap them no harming." I said sketching a basic idea of everything. I looked at everyone Rayne was writing it all down no her arm and I smiled. "So what do you think?" I asked looking up at Numare.

49 Reviews

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:22 am
MilkNCookies says...

Numare

"Almost perfect." I admittd.

"You have anything else?" She asked.

"Well, we should get the animals to foul the water, mold the food. get wolves to howl, don't let a single one sleep. A grouchy enemy that won't try is a enemy half beat." I replied. She nodded, a bit angry, I think. But what do I know about girls?

Sorry it's so short!

~Dr.Seuss.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:58 am
XChangeX says...

-Rayne-
I was listening and watching the group communicate and plan. I was writing notes on my arm with a sharpie I had pocketed earlier. "So far, Numare is the only one bringing his powers to use. I have, like, two spirits that I can call to me and I know they will help, but two isn't nearly enough. If someone will come with me to a cemetery or something I can see if I can get more. What else do we have? Saphire, you can start drawing to see if you can pick something up on whats going on in the near future? Seth, you can communicate with the animals too, read their minds, they understand English, right Numare?" I asked turning to Numare and he nodded, "For the most part," He said. "Okay, What else do we have? I can heal anyone injured but that doesn't prevent anything." I said, leaning back against whatever was behind me. I was chewing my lip and bouncing my pen against my marker covered arm, trying to think of more ideas. "Seth, could you maybe help me with my transvection? It's pretty much mind over matter, I think... How could we use your telekinesis?" I said, thinking out loud.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. :( We need some more people.
The only constant in our lives is Change.

Revelations 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eye. There will be no more mourning or death or pain. There will be no more crying for the old way of things has gone away.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm
Pundit says...

Mike
I was sleeping when the new kids arrived, playing games, but I went down soon, after waking myself up. I left robbie in the corner, reciting "three x plus two y equals the third multiple of sixteen w and the value of the Sine of angle S in triangle STU...". When I got down there, I found that, apparently, they were preparing for a war.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

12 Reviews

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Saphire
I waved at Mike. "Hi I'm Saphire Rose." I said not looking up.

49 Reviews

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:07 am
MilkNCookies says...

Numare

"Late again, Mike?" I asked the sleepy man as he introduced himself to Saphire.

"What's going on here?" He asked.

"We're planning for a -" I began.

"Let me guess, a war?" He asked.

"Just about." Saphire murmured.

"Some FBI people want to shut us down. We're combining powers to get them away."

"If I can get close to them, I can see if their dreams reveal anything."

"That would put you in unnecessary danger," Saphire put in.

"But if you want to." I replied stubbornly, waiting for his decision.

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 am

Saphire
I sighed and shook my head popping in my headphones. I turned up 'Thank you for the Venom.' "Do whatever you like." I said calmly relaxing and letting my hand do the drawing not me.

49 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:05 am
MilkNCookies says...

Numare I don't really get what the main plot is. Where do you want this to go?

I watched Saphire draw, and saw the owls I sent fly back.

Status report. I said to them sarcastically. When a human would have stared, they chuckled.

About five and one-fifth flocks, with another two-fifth flocks marching in from the west. They are banked along the Oronico river, and there are samll boats beached in it. I saw them loading out supplies. The snow white owl said.

Thank you, wing-brother.

This is your flock. We shall protect them also. The other said, a red-copper owl. I nodded, quickly adding up what they had said.

"The owls are very accurate with numbers. They say there are about 80 men, with 10 more marching in. They have supply boats along the river. Our first task is to get rocks and build barriers. I'll get the beavers to be double-busy on theirs. Let's make sure nothing comes in. Or that nothing comes out." I announced. A mustered a small group of men, consisting of Mike, Seth, me and some strong creatures. The herd followed behind us, ready to help. We started to pile rocks into the river as the beavers chattered across the river.

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 am

Well at first the people we are preparing war against appear to be evil but in fact are trying to save us from Mr. Zetes who will show up later (I'm actually more likely then not going to make a profile for him) he is trying to make us became psychic weapons which we will also find out but after the first few nights of watching then we run away find out that Mr. Zetes has done this in the past and basically we fight him get trapped save ourselves fight him again then we defeat him and go with the people who are trying to save us who teach us how to control our powers sorry about the confusion I'm going to post this on the DT.

49 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 am
MilkNCookies says...

Ladyofthedeathroses wrote:Well at first the people we are preparing war against appear to be evil but in fact are trying to save us from Mr. Zetes who will show up later (I'm actually more likely then not going to make a profile for him) he is trying to make us became psychic weapons which we will also find out but after the first few nights of watching then we run away find out that Mr. Zetes has done this in the past and basically we fight him get trapped save ourselves fight him again then we defeat him and go with the people who are trying to save us who teach us how to control our powers sorry about the confusion I'm going to post this on the DT.

XD that was funny. Im sorry I don't know why but it was to me. =)

~Dr.Seuss.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 pm
Pundit says...

*Owls Mowing Grass! Can you repeat that? Slowly, this time?(no not really, but still!)*
*Mike just needs to know where they are exactly (in relation to him) for the first contact. After he has 'tasted' them, he can find them without that*
Mike-
"Do you know where they are?" I asked Numare.

"On the Oronico River."

"Can you gat me there? I want to 'taste' them."
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Well at first the people we are preparing war against appear to be evil but in fact are trying to save us from Mr. Zetes who will show up later (I'm actually more likely then not going to make a profile for him) he is trying to make us became psychic weapons which we will also find out but after the first few nights of watching then we run away find out that Mr. Zetes has done this in the past and basically we fight him get trapped save ourselves fight him again then we defeat him and go with the people who are trying to save us who teach us how to control our powers sorry about the confusion I'm going to post this on the DT.

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon