Young Writers Society

Performers

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 pm
SisterItaly says...

Keirsha

He sighed as my flight was called.
"I guess this is it. I'm going to miss you Sha." He said putting a hand on my back. I smiled, biting my lip and fighting back tears.
"I'll keep in touch." I promised. He pulled his hand away. I quickly hugged him and ran off to catch my flight. I no sooner sat down, I fell asleep. When we arrived I skuttered around and got all my bags. I waved down a cab. He looked at all my bags and laughed.
"Collage student right?" He smiled.
"Yup Alexander." I smiled back. The rest of the ride was quite. When we pulled up I smiled. This is what I had been dreaming of.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 am
Fox says...

Okay, I'm going to be gone for the weekend. Someone might need to tell me what I missed. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:17 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Gwen

I fell back to the bed, tears streaming down the cheeks. My shoulders heaved and my body convulsed.

Good god, I could. Not. Stop. LAUGHING.

Rave had decided she would sing Lovely Bunch of Coconuts while doing a Carol Channing impression. Funniest song plus funniest voice equals funniest thing ever. The improvised jig she was doing was not helping. Finally, her voice cracked and she broke out laughing.

"Okay, okay, what next?"

"Um, how 'bout a duet?"

"You can sing?"

"Theater kid."

"Ah. Okay, um, what?"

"Hm. Random melody harmony?"

"Can do, Gwen."

I began singing the tune of the chorus of Decode. Rave joined in, her voice slightly higher than mine. I got shivers.

I could see why she was given the scholarship.

She was incredible.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:57 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

It finally started. All of us stood on the stage. A bright light over head. I was in heaven.

"Congratualtions." A voiced boomed. "You are the lucky ones who have been given a scolarship. Today we shall see if they have chosen correctly. You all will be proving your talents. Actors will perform from Romeo and Juliet. Dancers make a piece of comtempory dance. Singers sing a big stage number. You get the drill. You have two hours. I suggest you pair up" then the voice was gone, and we all just stood there. Kind of sheepish not knowing what to do.

I thrust my hand up. " Actors on me" I yelled trying to sound assertive. People from other groups followed suit. I think we were all home.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 pm
Fox says...

Okay, I'm a little confuzzled. What exactly is going on???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:11 pm
View Likes

Um, I think we're getting ready to prove ourselves, even though school doesn't start for three days and Gwen and Rave were previously in the dorm and now we're magically onstage. I'm a little confunded myself.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Sorry, but no-one had put anything at all in ages and i wanted to keep it alive. But i couldn't think of what to put.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 pm

No, I thank you for reviving it... but perhaps... there could be... a welcoming thingy of some sort? We need a DT. Uno momento.

topic66613.html

There we go!
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:21 pm

>Um, alright... here we go.<

Gwen

Someone knocked on our door. I called that I would get it and opened it to another upperclassman.

"We're having a welcoming lunch in the cafeteria for all the freshmen in two hours, so come on down," she said brightly, then walked off. I turned to Rave, who nodded eagerly. I smiled.

I guess I was hungry.

I wondered how this would go. I mean, I only knew Rave. Who else was here? What were they here for? Did they get a scholarship too? How many of them did? I had too many questions, and definitely not enough answers.

I'd just have to wait till the lunch.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:32 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

I walked sheepishly into the cafeteria were all the other freshman were sat. I saw an opening on a table and went for it. I may be an actor but I make horrible first impressions. The table I sat at had two girls I was to nervous to ask there names. I was hoping one of them would start a conversation to save me the embarrassment.
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Gwen

I smiled at the guy who had sat down at our table. I stuck my hand out.

"I'm Gwen, this is Rave." I tilted my head towards Rae. "Who're you?"

"Jowan Roche."

"...Cool." I wasn't sure what to do next. I supposed I could just wait for more people to show up, but I didn't know how long that would take.

"So, what're you here for?" Rave asked, saving me.

"Acting,"

"Movie or theater?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

"Okay. What are you here for?"

"Singing. Gwen's here for acting too, maybe you'll have classes together." Rave answered for herself and me.

I drummed my fingers. Rave looked around. Jowan stared at the table.

Aren't we so social?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:47 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

I suddenly realised what Rave had meant. "Theatre" I said louder than I had intended. They both looked taken back. I took this as an opputunity to try and make friends. I started to hum a song. A well known one in hope that they would sing along and maybe I could be friends with them. One was here for singing, the other for acting, so i started to hum defying gravity from Wicked. It was the only thing I could think of. She was hooked.
"I think i'll try defying gravity" she started. I stopped humming and smiled. She smiled back.
~Francoise Sagan

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 pm
Fox says...

Carter

I walked to the lunchroom for some welcoming thingy. A lot of other people were there, including a few girls that I had noticed coming into the school. A boy was sitting next to them. I wanted to talk to them, and get over my social problems, but I couldn't. I sat next to them, though, hoping they might talk to me. I needed to make some friends.

I was lucky.

"Hey, I'm Rave." one of the girls said. "This is Gwen." I smiled.

"Hi." I said quietly. "I'm Carter."

"I'm Jowan." the boy said. I nodded to him. This wasn't really working out for me, the whole 'meeting new people' thing. My mom had told me that she wanted me to get to know other people, but I wasn't too into it. I let them talk most of the time, and I just listened. Sometimes I would nod, or say 'ya' in agreement. I liked listening better anyway.

I looked around and noticed a particularly cute boy. Our eyes met, and he smiled politely. I looked away.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

"Carter" i said. Carter slightly worried me. She never seemed really in a conversation. She was staring of.
"Carter, what are you here for" I said

"Dancing" she said, and then fell right back into her own world. Me and Rave exchanged looks and both came to the same conclusion. We needed to find more out about this girl.

"hello?" someone said behind me. We all turned to look who it was.
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Gwen

I glanced at the podium up front. A man in a black suit with salt-and-pepper hair tapped the mic. We all turned around. I wanted to hyperventilate.

"Rae! Rae, that's Marcus Alexander!" I whispered, trying not to shriek.

"Uh... Cool?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well, welcome, all of you, to the Alexander Institute!" There was applause.

"I hope you like the school, because you'll be boarding and attending here for the next several months. I'll explain how this will all work." he continued. I shivered as a hush fell over the freshmen.

This was it. The orientation to the school that would change all of our lives.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau