z

Young Writers Society

Performers

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I'm sorry, but I have no more girl spots open.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:51 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Fine.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 am

One more guy, and then we can start, though I wish we had more dancers.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 am
Masquerade says...

If you don't mind a storybooking newb joining, I'll take the last guy.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 am

I'm so sorry Masq (insert wail, tears, and intense hugging) but it's taken. I'm waiting on the person's profile, and I know she's working on it.

I feel so jerky about this.

'-.-
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 am
Chupatoasta says...

Tis done Ninjee!! *breathes heavily*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 am
Masquerade says...

Ahhh I forgot. I think I'll lurk and watch you guys to help me learn.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:34 am
Fox says...

I can give up my girl and make a guy. Someone can take my spot, if that would resolve everything.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:34 am

No, Fox, we're good. You don't have to do anything. :)
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:35 am
Fox says...

*Sigh* Okay. But if there's any way I can help, just tell me.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:12 am

Gwen

Julia hugged me again. "Okay, you have your books, and your clothes, and-"

"Jules, I've got it," I said, chuckling lightly.

She sighed. "I know, G, but... you're my little sister, and this is so..." She teared up.

"Oh, Julia," I whispered and hugged her again. A woman's voice said, "Flight 23, boarding now," and I pulled away. I smiled through a few tears and waved as I walked to the gate. "Love you, Jules," I said, squeezing her hand.

"Love you too, G," she managed to choke out.

I wiped my cheeks dry and walked up to the flight attendant. She smiled. "College?" she asked, checking over my ticket.

"Alexander," I explained. She looked up, smiling.

"Well, that's big," she said, waving me on.

The flight to NY was uneventful; I spent half of it staring at the window (it was so beautiful), and the other sleeping. When we touched down, I took a taxi to the school. The semester hadn't begun yet, it would in a few days, so campus was pretty quiet, save the odd party here and there.

A girl who looked to be an upperclassman smiled and walked up. "I take it you're new?"

"Yeah. Scholarship."

"Oh, right this way then!" she said cheerfully. She led me around campus, giving me the basic tour, before dropping me off at my dorm with wishes of luck. I thanked her and sat on the bed. Me, Jules, and Ro had been up here a few weeks ago to set it all up. I fondled the rainbow striped comforter lovingly and fought back tears.

Once that bout of emotion cleared up, I started unpacking.

So this was the Alexander Institute for the Arts.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 am
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

"Jowan, you have everything right" she trailed off listing items she knew I had.

"Will all passengers for the 12:15 flight to New York please make your way to gate 7" The woman said over the speakers. My mum began to tear up.

"Mum it will okay. You know it will" I said trying to comfort her. She gave a weak nod.

"I'll call you soon" I said turning and heading for my terminal gate. I showed the woman my ticket and my passport. Before I knew it, i was on the plane.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I was in New York. A long taxi ride brought me to college.

I walked through the stunning college gardens before making my way to the reception.

"I take it your due to start next Thursday?" A woman with stunning blond hair and an award winning smile asked me.

"Yesem" I said trying to sound cool. It didn't work.

" My name is Jowan Roche" I said trying to save the situation. " I am here on a scholarship"

" Oh right" She said suddenly sounding startled. " right this way". I was given a whistle stop tour of the campus before being shown to my dorm. I was the first in my dorm so i started to make myself at home.

I was scared stiff, but you couldn't tell. I mean I had no idea what was going to happen in the coming weeks.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Rave~

"Stop! Shut up!" Rave yelled playfully, running down the steps of her step-dad's private jet, her brothers, Austin and Adam following behind as they laughed loudly. "I can do it just as good as he can!" She pouted, hitting Austin in the chest. He grabbed her hand and chuckled deeply, rolling his eyes.

"You can do a triple back handspring, back tuck?" Rave bit her lip, crossed her arms, and hurrumphed.

"Okay, so maybe not but... but... I can sing better than you!" She cried, covering her ears. She la-la'd as she ran from the twins, grabbing her bag from the chofer. She danced her way over to the limo, and threw her bags in the back. After waving to her brothers and locking the door. Her driver laughed softly, grinning back at her while he tipped his hat.

"Good morning Miss Rave." Rave smiled cheekly and leaned forward to kiss the driver on the cheek.

"Mornin' Gustav!" She smiled, sitting back after her brothers got in, suddenly glaring at each other.

Oh yeah... at school... they hated one another, how could Rave had forgotten?

The ride was long, stuffy, and boring. Nothing new ever since Adam decided to change his profession from dancing to acting, especially after what happened with Keeley, Austin's ex girlfriend. Rave hadn't been happy at first, but hey, now they each were doing her own thing, so it was a-okay! The limo pulled up the Alexander, and Rave flew out of the open window, not bothering to open the door.

"Alexander, Alexander, how much I did miss thee." Rave giggled at her song, and danced to the back to grab her bags.

After hugging Austin and Adam goodbye, Rave raced up the stairs, excited to see who her new roommate would be.

**All I got, sorry D:**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 pm
Fox says...

Carter

"Good-bye, sweetie!" My mother called to me as I boarded the plane.

"Bye mom!" I said. I was finally out! On my own for the rest of my life! It felt great.

The flight only lasted about 2 hours. I took a taxi to get to the college. Finally, I was there.

I grabbed my things and quickly ran up to my room. I didn't know who my roommate was, yet, so I was a little nervous. I wasn't good with people.

((We need to decide the roommates.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Gwen

A girl with dark hair knocked on the open door, peeking in. I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands and jogged over. She smiled.

"I'm Rave, here for singing. You?"

"Cool name. Gwen, I'm an actor." I paused. "Correction, I'm a theater actor."

"Why'd you say that?"

"Cause movie actors only do one thing. Theater people have to be able to do it all."

"Oh. What's playing?"

"Oh, the song? Jar of Hearts, by Christina Perri. One of my favorites."

"It's good."

"Here, let me get that." I said, reaching for her suitcase. She started to protest, but when she saw how easily I lifted it, she stopped with an "oh." I chuckled.

"Another thing about theater people. When I say 'do it all' I mean backstage stuff too. Lifting, set changes, running to get props delivered, stuff like that. A theater person is one of the most athletic people you can meet." I jerked my head at the bed next to mine.

"That's yours, Rae."

"Kay-kay, Gwen."

I set her suitcase down and laid a hand on the biggest picture frame on my night stand. It was a cast picture from our last show; everyone had signed it and written their love and best wishes.

I flopped onto my bed. Rave did the same.

Well, this could be alright, now, couldn't it?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness