z

Young Writers Society

Performers

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Plot: You know who they are the instant they're put in their element. The dancers who make your soul giddy. The musicians who melt your mind. And the actors who can pull you into another world. But someone, or someplace, must refine them, teach them what they need to know to fulfill their limits.

Those were thoughts in Marcus Alexander's head when he created the Alexander Institute for the Arts, a school that taught performing arts and nothing else. In celebration of its opening, Mr. Alexander is giving out ten all expense paid scholarships. Tuition, boarding, books, the whole nine yards, all paid for. This scholarship is intensely prestigious.

You are the recipient of this scholarship. You are either a dancer, an actor or actress, or a musician or singer. Though you will be taught in all classes, you will be given more in your own elements, the ones that landed you here.

Rules:

No god modding.

Usual YWS rules.

Only up to three characters, though I'd prefer you have one or two.

Another talent outside of those given must go through me first- that means PMing me the talent.

Romance is a-okay, but you know where the boundaries lie.

Oh, and no swearing, please!

Character Slots:

Musicians (any instrument, just tell me which, or singers)

Guys:
PotP- Tristan

Girls: Chupa- Rave
AMU- Kiersha
PotP- Clara

Dancers (any style, again, just tell me which)

Guys: Chup- Austin & Adam

Girls: Fox- Carter

Actors/ Actresses

Guys: Kay- Tyler
Chup- Adam
Retro- Jowan

Girls: Me- Gwen

Extras

The Campus:
Spoiler! :

The Dorms (your choice of decor and appliances):
Spoiler! :

The Theater:
Spoiler! :

Character Templates

Name:

Age (16-18):

Appearance (NO ANIME):

Personality:

Background:

Likes/ Dislikes:

Strengths/ Weaknesses:

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor):

Up For Love:

Theme Song (a song that fits them):

Other:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our DT: topic66613.html

Please keep the gender ratio even, and get ready for your first day of school!
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:35 am
Chupatoasta says...

Musician! Female! Sax/Guitar! :D

Musician! Male! Piano/Guitar!
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Kiersha

Appearance (NO ANIME):
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's extremely independent and doesn't like being tied down. She's really sweet and caring if you get to know her, but if you don't she hides that. She appears to be cold and heartless, she's very snippy and can be sarcastic, she doesn't like to go deep in thought because when she does she thinks of troy and it makes her cry. She does calm down a lot though, when she's tired you can always find her with her face in a book, that is the best time to talk to her.

Background: She ran away from home when she was little, because her parents always fought and one day while fighting her mother told her she never wanted her. A guy found her crying in an ally and took her in. He tried to take her back to her parents but that only made her rebel and burn her house down, which explains the giant burns on her arms. The guy took her in again and to this day no one knows it was her who burnt the house down. She cut off all ties with her real family and started calling the man her father. He is proud to see she's doing well.

Likes/ being alone, reading, taking out her frustration, seeing people happy, rain, singing, music in general
Dislikes: Being crowded, being confined, having nothing to do, seeing people cry, people who treat other people wrong, her real family

Strengths/ Singing, is a fast runner, can go for hours just sitting still, has a strong enough immune system, has a heart of gold and works for what she has

Weaknesses: Claustrophobic, not very social, is usually to proud to except help from others, will argue to get her point across, cannot stand snobby people

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Singer

Up For Love: But of course!

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Burns of the Worst Degree - by me
Spoiler! :
all my bridges have burned
and soon enough
all the tables will have turned
things look towards the worst for me
with you by my side
I can survive
burns up to the worst degree

burn the bridges down
watch as you let go
burn them to the ground
let go of what you know
cause it isn't true
I know your there for me
I look down at my arms
to see
burns of the worst degree

As long as your with me
I can live on
and be so happy
don't ever let me go
your all I have to show
that I'm still alive and healthy
your my saneness and my soul

burn the bridges down
watch as you let go
burn them to the ground
let go of what you know
cause it isn't true
I know your there for me
I look down at my arms
to see

I'll be there for you to
I'm there when you cry
and Ill always stay true
I'll never let you go
because I've come to know
I need you by my side
and you need me to

burn the bridges down
watch as you let go
burn them to the ground
let go of what you know

cause it isn't true
I know your there for me
I look down at my arms
to see

(Awesome Instrumental bit)

Burn those bridges down
you don't need them anymore
watch the smoke rise
up to the clouds
float out of existence
leave just you and me
then we can be happy

burn the bridges down
watch as you let go
burn them to the ground
let go of what you know
cause it isn't true
I know your there for me
I look down at my arms
to see
I said burns of the worst degree

Other: She talks in her sleep, loudly
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 am

Name: Gwen Clark

Appearance: Though not nearly as bumped up:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Easygoing, laid back, sweet and easy to get along with. You don't want to get on her bad side, and she doesn't get over things easily.

Background: Gwen was raised by her older sister, who was very into theater, and got Gwen into it. Her mom died, and her dad left when she was born. She had one great friend in her old school who still is her best friend; her and her sister was all the friends Gwen needed. Most people saw her as the laid back theater girl, and that's pretty much what she is. A scout for Alexander spotted her during one of her performances, and thus, she got the scholarship.

Likes: theater, junk food, hanging out with friends, singing (sometimes), musicals.

Dislikes: sports, olives, fighting, animal cruelty, cheaters.

Strengths: acting, singing, problem solver, good student, open minded.

Weaknesses: sports, doesn't eat a lot (not an eating disorder, though), gets dizzy sometimes, not easily motivated, a touch clumsy.

Talent: actress, occasional singer

Up for love: yesh.

Theme Song: Sweet Disposition, The Temper Trap

Other: Memorizes scripts easily.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 am
Fox says...

OOH! I'll take a girl dancer!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 am
phantom of the potter says...

I'll claim a spot as a girl singer.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 am
Fox says...

Name: Carter

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Carter is really quiet and keeps to herself. She's not good at making friends. She's really smart and talented, and takes what she does very seriously. Carter never quits and pushes herself hard. She's not really into taking breaks or just doing nothing. She's complicated and hard working.

Background: Carter has been dancing since she was just a little girl. She loved it and knew instantly that she would continue doing it for the rest of her life. When she was 11, her older brother died in a car accident. Since her parents were divorced, he was really her only friend. She wasn't really complete without him. Carter has always been an outcast. She wasn't social and didn't like going to public places. Nobody really understood her. She fell in love once, but her heart was broken.

Likes: plants, animals, sports, nature, dancing, and quiet places

Dislikes: loud noises, public places, cars, and some people

Strengths: She's really good at dancing and takes it very seriously. She is smart and quiet and good at concentrating.

Weaknesses: She gets herself into situations that she can't get out of. She doesn't really trust people and is really clumsy. She falls too fast for love

Talent: Dancer

Up For Love: Maybe

Theme Song: Okay, I really suck at this. I couldn't find any other song than this:
A Place In This World by Taylor Swift

Other: n/a
Last edited by Fox on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:33 am

NO MORE GIRLS. WE NEED GUYS.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 am
phantom of the potter says...

Name: Clara Wyatt

Age (16-18): 17

Appearance (NO ANIME): http://jialu.deviantart.com/art/Palace-Performer-detail-155452041?q=1&qo=1

Personality: Clara is a very sweet girl. She likes laughter, friends, and family, but is not one to seek it out. She is peaceful and quietly stubborn. If in a disagreement, Clara will never loudly debate her opinion. Instead she will wait until the other person has blown off steam, and then go on with her side. She is strong of spirit, but softly and quietly so. She is still torn up over her grandfather's death.

Background: Clara's grandfather lived with her family until his death a year ago. He was a musician by profession, widely known for his violin compositions. Clara's grandfather retired to become a music teacher. Clara's grandfather started Clara singing when Clara was eight, and she has been singing ever since. Clara's entire life has been filled with music lessons from her grandfather. Clara knew that her grandfather's greatest dream was to see Clara and her brother Tristan perform together on stage. Even after her grandfather's death, Clara is determined to see his dream come true.

Likes/ Dislikes: Clara likes rain, reading, and singing. Nothing gives Clara greater pleasure than music. She becomes a different person in its presence. Clara does not like loud or arrogant people. She also cannot stand people who do not lend each other proper respect.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Clara's greatest strengths are her singing and her determination. But she will very rarely stand up for herself. She would rather turn the other cheek. On the rare occasions where Clara will stand up for herself, her temper can be explosive and short lived.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Singer

Up For Love: Yes

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Will find one later.

Other: Clara dabbles at playing violin and piano.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tristan Wyatt

Appearance (NO ANIME): http://myprivateparty.deviantart.com/art/String-performer-62650065?q=1&qo=1

Personality: Tristan is intense. Everything is black or white with him, and jokes often fall flat when faced with Tristan's unending seriousness. He is protective and slightly arrogant, but more often will stay silent. Tristan is incredibly passionate about his art, and will through himself into it body and soul. He is also very critical, and will always let his opinions known.

Background: Same as Clara's (his sister).

Likes/ Dislikes: Tristan likes the dark and quiet, and the golden glow that fills theaters. He will not tolerate people who do not respect music.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Tristan's strength is drawn from his passion. Very little can be done to stop him once he gets going. But Tristan's passion will lead into obsession, and that only leads to his downfall.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Musician - Violin

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Will come up with later.

Other: Tristan is very protective over his sister.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:31 am
retrodisco666 says...

Name: Jowan Roche

Age (16-18): 16

Personality: Happy, Bouncy, very camp. But he thinks he is invisible to the world.

Background: He was raised by his mum, as his dad died in the Army. He has always loved slow songs.

Likes/ Dislikes: Like people being themselves. Love 80's films, His favourite is Pretty in pink. Dislikes people who aren't true to themselves, songs with out real lyrics, the colour green.

Strengths/ Weaknesses:He is good at acting always has been, and gets on with people straight away. Most girls see him as a gay best friend. Weaknesses He doesn't like being told what to do, so when he is, he takes it to heart and gets upset.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor):Actor

Up For Love:YES!

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Self Inflicted-Katy Perry(only one i could think of)

Other:He is gay, if that isn't obvious.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Tyler Moore

Age (16-18): 18

Appearance (NO ANIME):
Spoiler! :

Personality: He is a charming boy, to adults. To others students, he's a jerk. Everyone, except, for the members of his posse. He wants what he wants, and is out to get it at any cost. He is pretty self centered, and thinks he's the best person to ever walk into that school. He lives it up, and doesn't spare any expense for himself or his crew.

Background: His parents were mad rich, and put him in a boarding school for lawyers. He hated it, though, and dropped out, only to go to a preforming arts school. His parents disowned him, and he worked in the kitchen of the school to make money. Then, in the middle of senior year, he got his big break. He played the lead roll of Jon in " Worlds Blown: Jon vs. the CIA". The movie was a huge hit. From that movie, he made himself about 2 million dollars. He loved the spotlight, and the paparazzi loved him. He was invited to this school, though, and his agent encouraged him on. She said it would be a good experience, and also said it would look good on his reputation. He took her advice, and is convinced he's got it made.

Likes/ Dislikes:
Likes- himself, money, his posse, hot girls
Dislikes- stupid people, people that aren't in his posse, people who think he's not talented

Strengths/ Weaknesses:
Strengths- great actor, rich, already stared in a movie, handsome
Weaknesses- full of himself, conceited, he also had LBS (low blood sugar)

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor):actor

Up For Love: sure, if he likes you

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Billionaire

Other: He has a half obsession with looking good, won't leave his dorm unless he's sure he looks hot.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Rave Michaels

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Rave is a trouble-maker. Simply put. She loves to pull pranks around the school, and loves to have fun. She's serious about her dreams and wishes to be a great musician and singer one day, but she believes everyone has to let loose now and again. She'll protect her friends against practiacally anyone, even the school's hugest jerk, Tyler Moore. She's very independant, and isn't afraid to do things on her own.

Background: Rave grew up in the ghettos of New York. Her mother worked at the Pancake House, and her father left them when she was a little kid. Rave never really had an adult figure around. When she was seven, she was practically raising herself since her mother spent all her time working. When Rave was nine, she'd raised enough money through various jobs around her neighborhood to by an electric keyboard. After teaching herself, she bought a saxophone, and at age fourteen, started playing the electric keyboard guitar. In that same year, Rave's mother fell in love with some real estate agent, and they got married. Rave went from the ghettoes, to a mansion with the man's two sons who were a year older than Rave. Now, Rave sees them as her brothers, one hundred percent, and loves them to death.

Likes/ Dislikes: She loves to preform, and loves singing and playing her instruments. She loves to laugh, and make friends, and just have fun. She also LOVES her pranks. She hates jerks and snobs though, and thinks beauty comes from withing.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Rave's brothers constantly tell her she could be a triple threat, as she can sing, dance, and act all together. However, that's not where her heart is. She just wants to sing and play her instruments. She does, however, like to act with Tyler, just to show him that he's not the only one that can do it. Rave isn't very... up to standards. Almost all the people at the school dress so expensively, and she hates to ask her step-dad for money, she sticks to her normal, store-bought clothes, but she doesn't care. The whole, not as rich-looking really puts people off from her, and she hates that about herself. She's had a few suicide accidents, but only her closest, best friends know that. She's also very, very suseptible to larengitis. One week she's fine, the next week, she can't talk. Rave also has diabetes, which is another down point to preforming too long.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Singer and musician

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Second Go by LIGHTS (the singer in that is Rave! xD)

Other: Brought her pet snake, Ping, to school with her. He's a pieball python, so the white and normal colours that are oddly places are normal on him.

Spoiler! :

~~

Name: Austin Michaels

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Austin is a calm person, at practically all times. He has a calm way of speaking, and a way to calm practically anyone down, especially his sister. He does act really protective sometimes, especially of his little sister, and isn't afraid to deck someone in the face if they mess with her. He's a helpless romantic, and his looks really add to his charm. ;D

Background: Austin and Adam both grew up very wealthy. They never had a mother, until Rave's mother, and they both love her to death. The day she came with Rave, the two boys immediately accepted them with open arms. Rave was a little tough to crack, but it happened eventually. Austin fell in love with his partner in dance when he was fifteen. She was his first everything, and then, his junior year, she left him for some actor kid. He's hated the actors since then, and is also very hostile to his twin brother at times.

Likes/ Dislikes: Loves animals and dancing, veggies, animal rights, laughing and having fun. As well as his sister and brother when he's not around other actors. He hates, absolutely hates animal abuse, and the acting part of school

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Amazing hip hop/contemporary dancer, and he's very graceful, but can get rough every now and then. Austin does, however, have mild stage fright, so it takes a lot to get him pumped up

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Dancer

Up For Love: Yess

Theme Song (a song that fits them): Hmm... I'll have to think about that one

Other: Nada

~~

Name: Adam Michaels

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Adam's very, very loud. He's loud, and loves to laugh and have fun. He can be somewhat of a jerk, and a lot of people are put off by that. He's overprotective of his sister, but seems to fall short when people make fun of her, because he's worried about his own image, which is one of the biggest reasons Austin can't stand him

Background: Same as Austin's without the girlfriend

Likes/Dislikes: Loves making fun of people, girls, acting, laughing, being loud, and having fun. Hates people talking about his sister, shy people expecting to make it big, people on scholarships.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Dancing, acting, and being very graceful on set. He's not afraid to do anything, and will even do his own stunts. He is, however, afraid of heights. Stupid, he knows, but it's true. He refuses to look down if he's over twelve feet in the air.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Actor/dancer

Theme Song (a song that fits them): You're a Jerk xD

Other: Nada
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Saphire Fire *Rose to friends*

Age (16-18): 16

Appearance (NO ANIME) http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =13j1429dm
Personality: Sweet gentle and understanding a dark and sarcastic side when she is ticked. She has a great sense of humor is a great listener and is very empathtic. She is very random and hyper at times. She has a very quick temper and will withdraw into herself when she is depressed.

Background:Her mom and dad died when she was 5 and her brother was six and her Aunt Diana raised her and her older brother and she taught her trick to playing any instrument and how to get over her stage fright. She was singing and playing the guitar for a school talent show and one of the scouts for the Alexander school was there thus she got the scholarship.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes: Her brother. her aunt, singing, writing poems,drawing, being herself and boys
Dislikes; Jerks, preps people who think that they are better then everyone else.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths: Is brave and can come up with wicked comebacks. She can sing and play any instrument you set in front of her if you just give her ten minutes. Is a great friend and is a very good listener. Weaknesses: Her temper is quick and once you set it off you want to get away. She is very protective of her family so much that she snaps if you even make fun of them in any way. She broke her wrist when she was younger and it goes numb so she has to force it to move.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Singer/musician

Up For Love: BOO YAH!

Theme Song (a song that fits them): 'Headstrong' by Trapt

Other: She has a pet raven named 'Iris' Has insomnia.
Name: Seth Fire

Appearance (NO ANIME): http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =13kvuos9a

Personality: Cold and cruel towards people who make his sister sad. Sweet and kind towards friends and his family. He has a quick temper almost as bad as his sisters.

Background: His mom and dad died when Saphire was 5 and he was six and their Aunt Diana raised her and him and he was in 'Romeo and Juliet' as the lead and after the play was over and he was backstage Ms. Henning the drama teacher told him that a scout from Alexander was there and would like to talk to him one thing lead to another and he got the scholarship.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes: His family, girls, being random, and drawing. Dislikes: People who make his sister cry, jerks, asses and preps.

o this schoolStrengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths: He is a ladies man, is a great actor and isn't half bad at singing, is a great athlete. Weaknesses: Crying girls, and he is a complete softy when it comes to animals.

Talent (musician/singer/dancer/actor): Actor.

Up For Love: Yupperz

Theme Song (a song that fits them): 'Breakstuff' by Limp Bizkit

Other: Has a pet boa constrictor named Bob. Has narcolepsy which is random bouts of complete and deep sleep his is set on by extreme anger which is why he keeps calm alot of the time.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:47 pm

LotDR- I can't take Saphire, but I will take Seth. Is that alright with you?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

They only work as a pair.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier