z

Young Writers Society

Performers

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

"That had to be the longest talk I have ever sat through" I said trying to pick the conversation up again.

"I don't care"Rave said slightly bouncy. "I have been given a scholarship to this academy. I fell so lucky!" She bounced a little. That was a point. I didn't know who else had a scholarship. The were over four dozen students in the cafeteria and only a few scholarships. I wondered who they were.

"Guys, Guys" Gwen said." We start tomorrow in the greatest performing arts school in the world. I have been waiting for this all my life"

That night I pulled myself tighter into my bed. I was scared and exhilarated. Tomorrow was a brand new world.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 pm
Fox says...

Carter

When the talk was finally over, we all went to bed. It was a good speech, and it certainly got everyone excited, but nothing really changed for me. I had danced all my life. The good thing about coming here was that I finally got the chance to make something of it.

I met my roommate, Kiersha. She was nice, but we never really talked. I wasn't good at it anyway. I liked quietness most of the time. It was relaxing to me.

The next day, we would start it all, practically the beginning of a new life for me, yet not much would change. Just the fact that I was here, and about to begin something a huge time in my life was exciting for me. I slept peacefully, and woke up early to get ready.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:20 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Gwen

I rolled over and stared at my blue and purple lava lamp, a gift from Rose. It was 2:00 am. I needed sleep. But I couldn't- nerves were making me jittery. But I had three hours before I could even start to get ready. Anyone who was getting ready this early was insane. Rave was fast asleep in her bed, mumbling things I didn't quite catch.

Tomorrow would be the beginning of the rest of my life; you have to understand that realization makes it kind of hard to sleep. I pulled the comforter to my chin and shifted around until I was comfortable, still watching the globs stretch and reform. Somehow the irregular pattern lulled me to sleep, right into a dream about jars and Rave and Carter, her face covered, and Jowan looking around; a boy dancing beautifully and Rave hugging him, and purple fluid lava drowning me.

Nice dream to have before your life shifts forever, eh?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

My room mate was called Tristan but I had been informed that he would not become for a while due to family problems. So for the moment I had the room to myself. I laid in my bed for about 30 minutes waiting until it was officially time for me to get ready. I felt like a kid at Christmas. Actually I felt like a Kid at Christmas who was on a sugar rush.I got ready. Went for a bite to eat, then sprinted to the first class. Outside were a group of us panting heavily, I wasn't the only one who ran I thought to myself. I decided I was going to stick with Gwen and Rave for as long as possible, playing it safe. Me and Gwen made a pact to try and figure out the Carter girl.

"It's open" someone said and we all started to make our way inside.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Fox says...

Carter

My alarm clock beeped, and I awoke abruptly. Kiersha groaned.

"Turn it off! It's 5:00 in the morning!" she complained. I got up, fixed my shorts, and walked over to the alarm clock. I hit the snooze button, and Kiersha went right to sleep. I grabbed some clothes and my makeup bag and went to the bathroom. I knew I had plenty of time to get ready, so I didn't rush at all.

Today was a big day, and I wanted to look good for it. Alexander wanted us all in the cafeteria again. He was going to tell us what was going to happen today, our normal daily schedule. Then we would be handed our personal schedules. I was excited about today, though I didn't show it.

After that, I went to my first class. Gwen, Rave, and Jowan were all there with me. In fact, all the freshmen were, so there was also that cute boy I saw in the cafeteria. I didn't talk to him, or anyone really.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

Gwen and Rave were still chewing their food as we entered the hall. I'm guessing they didn't have time to wait. The hall was spectacular. It high high ceilings and a giant spotlight. It had row after row of seats. It was my sanctuary. I wasn't the only one in awe. For a moment, I think we all realised what it was like being in carter's world. She always looks happy when she drifts off, like she is at peace. We all were now. We all started to edge round the hall making our way to the stage.
~Francoise Sagan

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Shall we pick this up where I tried to revive it from now?
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Yup, we shall!
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:08 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

It finally started. All of us stood on the stage. A bright light over head. I was in heaven.

"Congratualtions." A voiced boomed. "You are the lucky ones who have been given a scolarship. Today we shall see if they have chosen correctly. You all will be proving your talents. Actors will perform from Romeo and Juliet. Dancers make a piece of comtempory dance. Singers sing a big stage number. You get the drill. You have two hours. I suggest you pair up" then the voice was gone, and we all just stood there. Kind of sheepish not knowing what to do.

I thrust my hand up. " Actors on me" I yelled trying to sound assertive. People from other groups followed suit. I think we were all home.
~Francoise Sagan

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:15 pm
Fox says...

Carter

I just stood there. All the actors were getting in their groups. I didn't know any other dancers, so I would just practice by myself. That's how I liked it anyway.

I saw that boy walk into the actor's group. I still didn't know his name, but at least now I knew what he did. Rave went with Kiersha, and Jowan went with Gwen. I started practicing on my own, listening to the a different scene from Romeo and Juliet as each group practiced.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:25 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

Gwen was amazing. We were doing a duologe from Romeo and Juliet. She could act amazing. I actually forgot a line.

"Romeo where for out thou my Romeo" She said in superb character.
"Over here juliet, I mean " I went all embarased I completely messed up. I felt stupid. I had always thought I liked men, never had a boyfriend though. Their was something different about Gwen. I couldn't figure out what though.
~Francoise Sagan

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Gwen

I hid a snicker (rather expertly) and repeated the line. He answered back the right one, though his positioning... I sighed and walked over.

"Cheat out," I said, turning his body so he was diagonal. "That way you face the audience and me." He nodded. I saw Rave frantically to one of the guys in our group, and one who was just now joining Carter's. I'd ask her about it later. I took the next line, forgetting about Gwen- I was Juliet. I frowned and pulled my hair loose. There we go. I felt more in character now.

Jo still seemed off, though. What was up with him? I was not going to let him bring me down.

So I'd just have to bring my game up.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

333 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:57 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Jowan

"Okay performers" the voice yelled. "It's showtime. First we will have the acting groups, then the singers and the muscians and then the dancers. Let me see what you have got" I look around at the rest of us, I caught raves' eye and she gave me a knowing look. Busted I thought. Gwen grabbed my arm and pulled me center stage

"We'll go first" Gwen shouted. will we? I thought to myself. The rest of the performers moved back. It really was show time.

"Romeo wherefore art thou my Romeo" She said as Juliet. I got the next line right. The rest flowed perfectly. I got into character but through different means. I'm falling in love with Gwen I thought to myself. But I couldn't stop, the show was going on.
~Francoise Sagan

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 pm
Fox says...

I watched Gwen and Jowan preform. They did a good job, but something was weird about Jowan. I didn't know him too well, but I could tell something was up. The was he looked at Gwen, it was like he...was in love with her! I thought about it. They weren't that bad of a couple. If we were closer, I would talk to him about it, but I didn't like talking, and I had a feeling he wasn't just going to tell me about it.

I looked over at Rave. It looked like she was thinking the same thing. I knew she would talk to him about it. When Gwen and Jowan came in, Rave gave them a big hug. She gave Jowan a look, and he knew she knew about it.

Finally, singers were up. I was getting anxious. Dancers were last. The time passing by just made me even more nervous. What if I messed up???

Rave was up, so I forgot about everything. I wanted to concentrate on her. She, Gwen, and Jowan were the closest things to friends I had, and I wanted to do my part in a friendship and listen to her. I knew she was going to do good, and she was doing a soft song. It might calm me down a little.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.
— George Orwell, 1984