z

Young Writers Society

A Child's Fantasy (Accepting)

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:43 pm
Fox says...

((I have a plan now. I apologize, this SB isn't very organized, but I think it'll get better. Everyone just keep going, and I'll set things in the right direction. I know what I'm doing now. Again, sorry, but let's keep going.))
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:57 pm
View Likes
Kaywiia says...

Ren

I was at the meeting tent before anyone else. I always was, why did it matter now? Maybe it was the slowly creeping deadline, the attack. As far as I knew, I could be waging a full out war here. It had happened before, this was likely no exception. Years and years of fighting, often with no result besides the loss of life.

Maybe it was the fact I knew people were going to die because of me. People with lives, with hopes and dreams, would all die just to get rid of the king. The king, who's life wasn't work the dust I walked on now, was going to be responsible for the lives of so many. Or maybe it was truly me who was responsible. I still had the power now to save everyone. On one order, they could all go home and never have to worry about this. They could go back to their lives before I ever took control of the rebel force.Under a terrible king, true, but they would still be alive.

Or maybe we were fighting for something more than that. Maybe there was a bigger cause out there that was worth all the pain we were about to go through. It was possible getting rid of the king, and establishing peace in the kingdom, was something worth fighting for.

And what came after that, when the king was finally gone, was up in the air. The only thing that one can be truly certain of, I realized, is the past. I had no idea what was going to happen, and I all I could do was hope for the best.

And fight like hell.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:27 pm
Fox says...

Cassie

We returned to the camp, and noticed Ren walking into the meeting tent. "Stay here." Sera told me, following after her. I crossed my arms. After a second, I followed her. I wasn't going to miss out on this. "Cassie, I told you to stay there." she said when I walked into the tent.

"I know." I replied, taking a seat. She raised her eyebrows at me. "I didn't say I would." I answered her mental question. Ren cracked a smile, that might have been the first time I had seen her do that. Sera sighed. One by one everyone assembled, and we were finally all there. Ren stood up and walked to the front.

"The time has almost come. Pretty soon, we're going to attack." There were cheers from the crowd, but Ren remained solemn. She waited till it was quiet to continue. "This isn't gong to be easy." she warned. "Some of you will die. I'm giving you this last chance to walk away, or risk your life." Everyone looked around, daring someone to get up and walk out. Nobody did, though some looked conflicted. Finally, she continued. "I hope you all know what you're getting yourselves into."

"If we succeed, you will no longer need to live in fear." Again, cheers filled the crowd. "We will overthrow the king, and there will be no reason to hide! There will once again be peace!" Ren was a good leader. She really knew how to get a crowd going.

"Long live Ren!" Someone from the crowd said. Others cheered in agreement. Once it quieted, she spoke again.

"This will not be easy." She warned again. "We will spend the next few days doing nothing but training. It'll be rough, but it's necessary."

After the meeting was over, the training started. Ren, the prince (who's name I never learned), and some other guy stayed behind. I sneaked away from Sera to listen to what they were saying. She wouldn't mind. It's not like she enjoyed having to watch me all the time.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:46 pm
RayneChild says...

I've been meaning to post another reply, but I haven't gotten around to it :shock: Here now, though :)

Nightfall

When Ren left, I approached Enyalius. "Surprised?" I asked him. He didn't reply; just gave me a bit of a warning look. My eyes narrowed slightly and I watched after Ren and Barric. Enyalius followed my gaze and a quiet growl escaped from me. "I wonder if the fool knows that I heard every word he said."

Enyalius looked back over at me. "What?" He asked.

I turned back to him coldly. "I'm a cat. My hearing is better than his." The man said nothing, just turned his attention back to the two walking away and I did the same. "But I'm not an it..." My tone became furious. "I see why you hate him." I glanced at Enyalius before following Ren and Barric.

He caught up to me quickly. "I don't hate him..." he said, sounding a little unsure of himself.

I scoffed and looked at him incredulously. "Please." He looked away. My attention returned to the path in front of me.

When we reached the camp, I left Enyalius to find Wren and Elizabeth. They were sitting by each other near a collection of bushes, eating some berries and figs. I walked up to them and sat down, pulling my knees up to my chest. My tail flicked back and forth uneasily. The girls looked over at me.

"Morning," Wren said slowly. My eyes moved to her face. "Want some food?" She asked, holding a wild berry out to me.

I looked down on the little berry that just barely fit in the palm of Wren's hand. I shook my head. "I'll catch something later." She shrugged and bit into the berry.

Awhile later, Ren called everyone to a meeting. It surprised me a little to hear her asking anyone to back out if they didn't want to go through with the plan. When no one showed any desire to back down, the group was dismissed and the day's training began. As Ren pulled Enyalius and Barric off to the side to talk to them, I made a shocking discovery.

"We just keep running into each other, don't we?" I asked as I walked up behind the little girl I had spent a number of hours with already.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm
Fox says...

Cassie

"We just keep running into each other, don't we?" I jumped a little. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

"No, it's okay. I was just worried..." she looked at me skeptically.

"Just worried you'd get caught?" she asked. I nodded. "I understand. It's fun listening in on things you're probably not supposed to hear. It keeps you more in clue with what's going on." I just nodded, not really paying attention. The girl was quite peculiar. Cat ears, and, I looked down to see, a tail! Odd, but she seemed friendly.

"What's your name again?" I asked her.

"Nightfall."

"Of ya. I remember you. Well, you best be going on. I don't want to waste any more of your time." I said. Ren, the prince, and the knight had just started talking. She took the hint and stopped talking, but she didn't move away. I listened closely, trying to make out what they were saying. It made me feel bad that I wasn't included in this meeting. I mean, I know I'm just a little girl, but I have an important role in this world, and I've become braver and stronger at realizing that. I wanted to help, to do something, but I couldn't really do anything about that.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Wren
I grew to my full size about a few inches shorter then Nightfall I concentrated on the spot in front of me and shadows began to whisper twirling around me gently brushing my face as they grew into a pulsating black ball. "Go." I whispered my eyes growing wide as it started to twirl making a small tornado of shadows. I curled my hand into a fist and they dissipated and I smiled slightly. I sighed quietly and stood up finding an unoccupied dummy. I set my feet a foot apart from each other and put my hands next to each other palms facing the dummy fingers spread out darkness began to wrap around the dummy and I closed both my hands and it was crushed underneath tendrils of darkness and when the darkness dissipated all that was left of the dummy was a few pieces of stuffing and cloth. I smiled happy. I found other unoccupied dummies and made them stand in a circle. I glanced around and saw everyone else was occupied with training. I pulled out my katana and stood in the middle of the circle completely still seeing in my minds eye the circle closing the enemy on the left charging towards me I slashed 3 times and the dummy fell into 3 pieces. I stabbed, and slashed through the rest of the dummies and I ended up covered in stuffing and cloth in the center again and breathing hard. I sighed and brushed myself off. I heard someone walking towards me and I turned towards them. *Trying to bring someone in so can be anyone sorry for the longish post*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm
RayneChild says...

Nightfall

Cassie continued to watch through the tent opening at the three superiors, trying to pick up on anything that was being said. My tail swished with boredom and I silently stalked off.

I reached the training clearing again and saw something that struck me as very surprising. It was Wren, in the middle of a circle of training dummies, and slashing them to pieces with a katana. She had grown taller, about my height. My jaw dropped a little as I watched her. The heat of battle had taken over and she was lost in her own little world. I approached her slowly.

The grass rustled under my foot and Wren snapped around, her sword outstretched defensively. I raised an eyebrow.

"You probably shouldn't try anything..." I warned.

She lowered her sword quickly. "Nightfall...! I didn't know it was you."

I nodded a little. "Well, this is a surprise..."

She smiled darkly. "What?" She asked with amusement. "You didn't know a fairy could fight?"

I shrugged. I opened my mouth to reply when a horn blew back at the camp. I growled quietly. "Now what do they want?"

Wren sighed. "We'd better go see. C'mon."

---

Heehee...it's funny that Wren was in her own little world because technically they're in somebody else's own little world... xD
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 pm
Fox says...

I have a feeling this storybook is about to die. :( *Sigh* Oh well, I was really unorganized about it. This was one of my first storybooks. I might remake it, just, you know...make it better...a lot better. I doubt it, though. I've been really busy lately.

Well, enjoy the other storybooks. There are plenty more, much better than this one, out there.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:38 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Please don't let this die this was getting really good!
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss