z

Young Writers Society

Against the Shadows

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

Thoughts raced through my mine, as I felt the wind in my hair. It all happen so fast. I was sitting on my brick wall, work on a small figure of wood with my pocket knife. That's all I remembered. The dragon was flying smoothly through the air. I looked at his scales, they were a bright teal color, just like my eyes!
"I will call you Teal!" I said to my dragon.
"My name is Kato." Sid a whisper of a voice.
"Who's there? Where are you?" I yelled.
"No need to be afraid, Michael. I's just I, your dragon."
"How did you know my name?" I demanded.
"I hear your thoughts, And you hear mine." Kato said in a deep voice. "Now, we are about to make a landing, so hing on."I hung on for dear life. But it was a pretty smooth landing. I got off and looked around, there was about seven or eight people around me. some of them were pretty good looking.
There was a man talking to us. I listen, then after everyone else went to find there tents.
I took the only one left. It had bed roll on the ground, and a bowl beside it.
My face felt weird, it was tingling. I splashed it with water.
I went back outside and walked over to Kato, I pet him on the muzzle. The others were also out, and they were talking to each other.
"I suppose I should make new friends, be a good boy."
"Please, don't treat my like I'm a baby." The voice boomed in my ears.
"Alright, see you later Kato." and then I walked off towards the others.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dismas

Wind roared past my ears as Fern dove towards the ground, pulling up at the last second. I didn't know when I'd known the dragon's name, I just did. I loved this feeling, the lightness, the fluttering in my stomach. I was fine, until I looked down. I hated heights.

Fern pulled out of the dive at the last second, startling me. I smiled, looking around. When I'd woke up that morning and gone outside to check on the barn, something had flashed past me and then into the barn. When I'd gone in to see what it was, I found a dragon chewing on all my hay. She's sniffed me and then blew on my face and suddenly I had felt it, the connection. That bone deep thrill of belonging. Something had gone click and I felt complete, looking at the dragon, touching her. And then I had climbed onto her back and she'd launched herself into the air.

I liked this, riding a dragon. Flying. If I didn't look down I was fine. Fern suddenly tilted to the right and flew upside down for a few seconds before righting herself. I yelped, grabbed her horns and looked down at her glinting, dark silver scales. I could swear I heard the dragon chuckle.

Very funny, I thought and grinned. Fern just dropped into another dive and then climbed back up into the sky, higher than before. I looked down and swallowed. It was a long way down. I held on tight to her horns and looked up, focusing on the dim shape in the distance.

Clouds blurred my surroundings and the ground rushed past beneath me as we rose above the clouds. A few minutes later, mountains loomed ahead and Fern dropped back below the clouds and into another dive. I screamed as we plummeted towards the ground and suddenly there was a hard jolt and we were on the ground.

I slid off her back and looked around, noticing the other riders and their dragons. An old man gave a little speech, most of which I didn't catch, and then told us to go choose a tent. I shrugged and looked towards Fern. She blew hot air into my face.

Laughing, I made my way over to a tent and took a look inside. A cot, a basin full of water, a desk and a chair. I liked it.

Dismas? The voice was clearly feminine and kind of shy. I turned around, looking for whoever had spoken and found Fern sticking her head into the tent.

"Yeah?" I asked. The dragon blinked at me.

I think I'm going to like you, she said and this time I knew it was Fern's voice. Now let's go make some friends, huh?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

EMMA

I walked out of my tent, right into Adofo. He smirked. Careful human. i gasped.
"H-how..."I started I can hear your thoughts, and you can hear mine. Come on i want to meet the others.he said nodding his head once towards a dragon and her rider who came out of their tent. i nodded at him and walked over.
"Hello I'm Emma, and this is Adofo." I held my hand out at the guy. He looked down at it and scoffed.
"That's nice." I lowered my hand glaring at him. "I'm Dismas,this is Fern." He just nodded towards her." I smirked.
"That's nice." I looked over at the two dragons who were smelling each other in a dog like fashion. I wonder how they knew to come here. We just did. Adofo answered. I smiled at him.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 pm
Fox says...

Is it too late to join???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Leila

Anlori nudged me forward with a bump of her talon. I whipped my head around. She had her head tilted up, mouth pinched closed in a face that read, "Who? Me?" I narrowed my eyes and grabbed her by the leg. I tried to pull her, but one can't exactly drag a dragon. I'll admit the sight was pretty funny. I finally stopped and pouted. "An. Come on." I said firmly.

She blew a puff of air from her nostrils and walked with me to the other Riders. I noticed she walked like a cat- odd, wasn't it? I walked over to a blond girl and a black haired guy and smiled. "I'm Leila Floisey. This is-"

Anlori.

I nodded. I guess she didn't want me speaking for her. That was alright; I could deal.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

of course you can join fox
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm
Fox says...

YAY!!!

Rider

Name:

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Except without the piercing

Eyes:
Spoiler! :

Personality:

History:

Strengths:

Hates:

Weaknesses:

Up for love: Yes

Other:

Dragon

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Likes/Strengths:

Hates/Weaknesses:

Other:

((UGH! I have to go. Sorry. I'll finish it later.))
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Um, hi. So, the original Dragon Riders SB took a lot of work to put together. It'd be nice if you gave those people credit.

It would also have been nice if you had checked with the people in charge of the old one about making this one. Their sequel SB is up and running, and it's now probably going to die because all those people are joining this one.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm
SisterItaly says...

Is this like theirs? I just saw it i never read it, sorry if it is to much like it!

The Book.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Thanks for making those changes, it's all fine now.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dismas & Fern:

"Dismas," I said and guestured towards Fern. "Fern." I gave them a slight smile and turned to walk away. Fern was giving me a disapproving look. I just frowned at her.

"Wait," Leila called and I paused, glancing back over my should at the two girls.

"Yes?"

"Nice to meet you," Emma said. I flashed them a small smile and turned away again. Fern was glaring at me when I met her gaze.

What? I snapped, narrowing my gaze at her. The silver dragon just tossed her head, flicked her tail and then launched herself into the air. I watched her go and sighed. A moment later someone tapped me on the shoulder.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

"Hi, my name is Michael." I said to a girl.
"Hi Michael, My name is Emma." She said pulling her hair back.
"This is Kato." I said turning towards my dragon.
"Oh, he's great, and such a pretty color. This is Adofo." She said nodding her head toward her dragon.

"I'm Leila Floisey. This is-"

Anlori. Leila was cut off by her dragon

I turned around to see a girl with black hair and beautiful violet eyes, and a big violet dragon. My heart was beating a mile a minute. "Hi, I-I'm, ah.. ah"
"His name is Michael, my name is Emma." Emma said for me. I sighed.
Why to go, Michael Kato said to me.

"Well, I better go and met other people." I said quickly, and tried to walk, ans not run over to a boy around my age.
"Hi, I'm Michael, this is Kato." I said. He put his hand up for a second, then put it down. "what's yours?" I asked.
He rolled his eyes, "Zachery." He said with a bit of trouble.
Last edited by Junglelover on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Uh...sorry, I haven't been posting. Can someone bring Kassie in?

Luff yew,

~FS~
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

I put my hands in my pockets, unsure of what to say. Say something my dear boy. Gabby urged. I looked back at her for a moment. It was odd to be able to talk to somebody without reading their lips. Easier, yes, but still odd.

I turned back towards Michael and smiled. "Sorry if I slur a bit sometimes. I can't hear myself to stop it," I said.

He said nothing for a few seconds. "Umm... that's alright."

Lovely introduction my dear Zachery. Gabby's tail nudged the back of my leg scoldingly. Gabby. Nice to meet you Michael.

"Sorry Gabs," I muttered out loud, kicking at the ground. Gabs? I grinned. So I had already nicknamed her. I turned back towards Michael. "You can call me Errie. Have any idea what we're doing here?" I looked around awkwardly and scratched my neck.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Leila

"Well, they all seem nice enough," I said to Anlori a while later in our tent.

Yeah... the boy with the teal dragon was a bit overwhelmed by your beauty, eh?

"Oh, stop it, An," I said, blushing. All the boys back in the village never cared much about the strange-eyed farm girl, and I had always tried to stay out of the spotlight. Here, I had a feeling it would be different. That old man... he made me think things were worse than I could tell from our home.

But that's not an argument, is it, now? Anlori continued. I slapped her snout. She sneezed. It was rather funny, actually, because a big thing like Anlori you would expect to blow the tent over. But noooo, it was dainty and small.

Coming from An.

WEEEIIIRD.

I rolled my eyes and splashed some water on my face. I heard someone say that we would be eating soon. I felt a little... rustic, wearing my plain cotton tunic and ripped at the knee trousers, and no shoes at all. I hoped they would give us new clothes. Either way, this would have to do for the moment, as I had only the bag that had been slung over my shoulder when Anlori landed and the clothes on my back.

I just hoped it wouldn't make me look like a bumpkin. Someone pushed the flap of my tent open- a girl, no older than me, with black hair and... rainbow eyes? Huh. A dragon with scales like her eyes stood behind her, looking impatient.

"Oh! Sorry. I'll go.. find another."

"Oh, wait first!" I called, jogging to her.

"Yes?"

"I'm Leila. What's your name?"

"Kassie."

"Alright then, Kassie. Bye."

I let the flap drop as she and her dragon walked away.

Wait, did I just say that?

This was going to take some time to get used to.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer