z

Young Writers Society

Against the Shadows

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Leila

I cleaned the last remnants of food off my plate. It was the most I'd eaten at one time since two summers ago. Anlori had had her fill too.

I don't like the way the gryphon looks at us.

"Yeah, well, deal with it, and be polite." I hissed. I walked up to the old man, and the gryphon, and thanked them profusely before walking back to the tent. I washed from the basin, and rubbed Anlori's scales clean too, which she seemed to appreciate. I unloaded my bag and set my things in their places- a hairbrush and ribbon on the nightstand, a pair of worn out boots by the hammock, so on and so forth.

Anlori was already curled up on the other side of the tent when I lowered myself into the hammock. After a few moments, I got up and walked to Anlori and climbed over her tail and curled up against her side. She coiled her tail tighter around me and blew a gentle puff of warm air on me. I giggled and closed my eyes.

I could get accustomed to this.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

Emma

I watched everyone as they ate. I wasn't really hungry. "What's wrong child?" Adofo asked. I looked over at him, he was staring at me with concentration, just thinking. i thought. Ok I won't pry. I felt like a failure to my village. I should have stayed behind to take care of them, but I didn't I stood and walked up to the old man.
"Thank you for your kindness." I looked up to the griffin, it didn't take a genius to realise we were between the mountains. One of which if their territory.
"And thank you for allowing us on your land." I swear the griffin smiled. I smiled back, and walked off back to my tent, adofo following. He refused to come in, saying that would be pervish. Adofo,it's not like I'm getting changed. He snorted and sat outside. Stubborn dragon. I heard that. I smirked.
"You were supposed to." I heard him chuckle. Someone is here to see you.

*could be anyone*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

Sleep was good, yes, but who could sleep and pass up a moment like this. Flying was so exhilarating, and it made me release some of my tensions. We weren't too high like, in the clouds high, but we weren't too low so that Aurora's tail would sweep the ground, though we did get low enough for her to sweep her tail across the glass surface of the water below.

When we landed, I slid off, and she shook all the dirt and bugs off of her. I patted her back, and she curled up away from the others, and I curled up next to her, resting my head on her body. This was nice. I looked up at the stars, smiling and watching as one shot across the sky. I closed my eyes, making a wish, then opening them. Aurora made her own wish, and I knew she would wish for this all to blow over soon.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 pm
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

Adofo smiled warmly at me, shifting his gaze to Gabby, who returned the smile. I hesitated in front of the tent door, unsure of what I was going to say. Go on child. Gabby urged, giving me a gentle nudge.

I took a deep breath. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Umm... sure."

I glanced back at Gabby and she gave me a slight nod. I still had no idea what I was going to say... coming over here had been slightly stupid. I could have at least thought of something to say before I did. I sighed and entered the tent, biting my lip. Emma turned and offered a smile, which I returned.

"Sorry, I was sort of..." I scratched my neck nervously. "bored. Wanted somebody to talk to." Keep going my boy. Gabby encouraged from outside.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:55 pm
SisterItaly says...

Emma

I washed my hands in the basin before sitting on the cot and gesturing for him to sit. He sat reluctantly, I sighed, not another guy who gets nervous around girls. He looked at my lips.
"So why do you think we are here?" I asked. He looked up at my eyes to respond.
"I'm not sure." He replied. I swear I could hear Adofo giggling outside. What's so funny? I asked. Nothing child, nothing. I shot a look outside the tent.
"So where are you from?" he asked, I turned my head towards him.
"I'm from the west coast villages, we didn't live right off the coast so we farmed. My parents always wanted to move to east coast and open a ranch. You?" I asked gesturing at him. He looked back up at my eyes.
"A small village." He shrugged. I wouldn't pry.
"Guess we should be getting some sleep, the old man said training starts early." I said standing and straightening myself up. He nodded and left in a hurry. I layed down and called Adofo in. He refushed. No, I'll sleep out here. I whined.
"But I'm lonely in here." He snorted. "Please?" I asked as he poked his head in. I fluttered my eyelashes. He rolled his eyes and came in. He laid on the floor. Iguess getting him in here was a victory in it's own.

*She talks really loudly in her sleep*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 am
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

I walked out of the tent, not quite sure what to think. How was it? Gabby wanted to know, rising to her feet and following me back to my own tent. I shrugged.

"I actually have no idea," I muttered, throwing open the tent flap and stepping inside. "Come in?"

Gabby smiled and nodded, making herself comfortable on the floor. I don't know why, but I chuckled and fell into the tiny cot, half afraid of what tomorrow would bring. My stomach churned when I thought of talking to Emma again, which embaressed me. Of course, there was nobody around to be embaressed by, so I got over it quickly. Goodnight Gabby. I whispered mentally.

Good night Errie.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

"Where did you come from? I came from the Shadow Region, right on the edge of it. They've taken over the city there..."

I did answer for a while because I did know what to say. "Here and there, I do a lot of traveling." That all I was able to think to say. "Well, I'm getting tired, and I think I'm going to go get some sleep." I said."Bye."
"Bye." Dismas said.
I went to my tent with Kato. I went inside, "Do you want to come in?" I asked.
I am probably to big, but I will stick my head in. Kato said, then did as he said.
I lay down on my roll, and Kato's head was right beside me.
What do you think tomorrow will bring? I asked Kato.
Were just going to have to find out. Now you get your rest. Kato said.
I slowly drifted off to sleep.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dismas & Fern:

I sighed and watched him go. Fern came to stand beside me.

Now that wasn't so bad, was it? she asked, bumping into me and sticking an eye in my face. I laughed and pushed her away.

"Just because you're a dragon," I began threateningly but I found I just could say the words. Fern chuckled.

Don't worry about it, she said. For now, let's just get some sleep, huh?

She blew in my face and then she walked off towards our tent. Grinning, I quickly followed her. She didn't go into the tent, she just let me in and then curled up in front of the entrance. I held the tent flap open and gave her a puzzled look.

You die, she rumbled softly, we both die.

I stared at her and then let the tent flap drop. Oh... I see. She was protecting me... Still puzzled, I turned my back on the entrance and got ready for sleep. A few minutes later and I lay on the bed, listening to Fern's deep, even breathes. I tried to push everything from my mind and closed my eyes.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

EMMA

Morning came quickly, and I woke up to adofo chuckling his dragonly chuckle.
"What's so funny?" I ask him, sitting up and crossing my arms.
What isn't funny, humans get horrorifying bed hair, most of them snore, but you... you talk in your sleep. I felt my eyes go wide.
"Really?" He nodded.
Quite loudly. I face palmed, and he chuckled again.
"Well you heard the man, training starts early." I said hopping off the cot and running my fingers through my hair until it was presentable. He nodded and walked out, well backed out. He was a little too big to really move around in here.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Leila

I woke with a jolt as Anlori blew a puff of air in my face. I sneezed and stood up, splashing water on my face. I flung some on Anlori's scales (she shook them off like a wet dog) and hurried out of the tent.

Did you sleep well, small one?

Pretty well, Lor, you? I thought, yawning.

As well as one can. she answered with that strange dragon-purr of hers. I chuckled to myself and sat down at the tables. I ate a little (I wasn't incredibly hungry) and leaned against Anlori. I looked over at the sky, which was still dark and starry, with wispy dark purple clouds floating across it.

The same sky, I thought, that I saw yesterday.

What an odd thought.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:15 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

Michael, get up! Kato boomed gently. We have a long day in head of us, get up.
I ground, "Let me sleep! It's too early, the sun isn't even up!"
Get up now, or else I'll pull you out! I covered my head with the warm blanket that was given me. Fine, I guess we'll do it the hard way! Kato grabbed my shirt with his teeth, and pulled me out my tent. The sun wasn't out, and the ground was covered with dew. I curled up in a little ball, and hugged myself, trying to say warm.
Now, why did you have to go do a thing like that? Nobody else is up! I said.
That's why I woke you up, no one else is! Don't you see, we can go and fly!
Oh yeah! I said with a grin on my faceLet's go! I got up on Kato, and sat on his shoulder.
Ready? He asked.
Ready? I was born ready! charge!
Kato jetted through the air, his massive mussels were rippling though his body. Faster Kato, faster!
We went even faster, Hang on! Kato called.
Why? I'm doing fine! I don't need to hing on! Kato went upside down, and I fell off, trying to grip the the air as I fell.
"Kato, Help meeeeeee." I called as I kept on falling.
I told you to hing on! Kato dived after me.
I was about to hit the ground when I felt something grabbing my wast, and I went flying back in the air!
I was still shocked when we landed. I just studded there, dumbfounded, as people started to come out of their tents.
I look around for Leila, but I couldn't find her.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Hm...OK, well I'm lost...Where are we?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

waking up for training

The Book.

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:29 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Oh, OK, I don't have time to post, would you pweeze bring me in? I luff yew!!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Leila

Leeeiillaaa! Anlori whined. I groaned.

"Fine." I smiled and climbed up to my spot, right between her third and fourth spikes. I pushed my heel against her side, and we launched. I closed my eyes and let morning mist coat my skin. I held my arms out on either side, my hands catching aforementioned mist. I felt Anlori laugh beneath me.

I shrieked and grabbed back on as Anlori looped around in the air, then twisted like a maniacal drill. By the time we landed, her scales were shining and I was thoroughly soaked. I tied my hair up and rubbed Anlori's neck. She blew some air on me to keep away the cold and nudged me forward with her nose.

I chuckled softly as people began to come out into the courtyard (opening? meeting place?) and chatter amongst themselves. Anlori began trying to lick some water off her tail- it was nearly impossible not to laugh, but I managed.

I was still wet.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

When life gives you lemons…take over YWS with fruits and vegetables!!!
— LemonescentAnt