z

Young Writers Society

Against the Shadows

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

It was nice to see some people like me. Aurora was telling me to go back and talk to the girl.

Don't be rude, Kassie. She seems nice, go talk to her. I sighed, shaking my head.

"I don't have the time, Aurora," I said. She nudged my back with her tail, putting her head on the ground next to me. I stopped, looking her in the eyes. "I. Don't. Have. The. Time." She shook her head, hitting me, and knocking me to the ground. I sighed again. She put out her tail, and I grabbed it, letting her pull me up.

Please? It had gone from telling me, to begging. She must have really known that that dragon was friendly, not a thing you normally see around here. Boy passed by, looking at Aurora's colours. She was a mixture of red and blue and purple and green. She was a rainbow, just like my eyes. Aurora stared back.

He was cute. I gasped, smiling, and hitting her tail. She laughed to herself, shaking her head again. She was like me sometimes. Pointing out which boys are cute, and which ones look like they're snobs. Of course we don't talk to any of them, but yea, it's fun.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:44 pm
SisterItaly says...

EMMA

Food soon, great. I didn't realise how hungry i was. I walked over to one of the guys. He didn't seem to notice me. I tapped his shoulder and he turned. I waved at micheal.
"Oh hello." He said, his words slurred a little. I held out my hand.
"Hello I'm Emma, this is Adofo." I said gesturing towards him with my other hand. I noticed that he was watching my lips. He lookedup and made eye contact.
"I'm errie. This is gabby." He said shaking my hand. I stepped beside him so i wasin the little talk triangle. Ithink he's deaf.I looked over at Adofo. What made him think that? He shrugged.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 pm
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

I sighed. Keeping up with two people talking wasn't too bad, as long as they didn't start prattling at the same time. I'll let you know if you miss anything important. Don't you worry. Gabby assured me. I smiled and ran a hand across her neck.

"I've already said this to Michael, but sorry if my words slur a little." I chuckled. "Or if I suddenly go very loud or quiet. I can't hear myself to tell."

Adofo nudged Emma and gave her what looked like a triumphant smile.

Food soon. Gabby announced. I looked back at her for a moment before turning to the others. "Anybody else here hungry?" I asked.

"Starved," Emma answered, grinning. Michael nodded. For some odd reason I felt strangely at home here.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 am
Junglelover says...

Michael

"well, I'm going to go get cleaned up for super," I said, "see you guys in a bit." I walked to my tent.
I wonder what that old man has for me? I'm starved! Kato said.
"He probable has hay." I answered back.
I hate hay! he said, discussed with my answer.
"We'll just have to wait and see."
I got down on my knees and scrubbed my hands and my face with the water that was given me.
I could see my reflection in the water. I stared at myself. I smiled, but the smile faded, I hated my smile!
I got up and walked out of my tent. I did know where I was going, I was too busy think about Leila.
Her beautiful face, and her enchanting eyes. I sighed aloud.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 am
SisterItaly says...

EMMA

I waved at the back of Micheal as he left to get washed up. I had already gotten used to the fact i could hear all of Adofo's thoughts, he seemed to be talking to gabby, and his thoughts were on how strong and able she looked. I could tell he loved the thrill of the fight. I smiled at him. He winked back at me. I was absorbing my surroundings. I had never been to the mountains,i was from the west coast villages. We lived to far from the coast to fish, so we planted vegetables in the fresh fertile ground. Adofo nudged my arm. I woke up from my little day dream. I had been staring blankly at a tree. I heard him mentally chuckle. Ya ya laugh it up. I thought at him. I looked over at errie, he was staring at me with an odd lopsided grin. Awkward.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:25 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Leila

I hummed to myself as I got ready for supper. Or lunch. Whatever meal it was at this point. There wasn't much I could do about the clothes, but I was rebraiding my hair and rinsing off my skin. I buried my face in a fluffy towel. Anlori nudged me. Lei?

"Mm?"

You hungry?

"Of course I am!" But of course, with a face full of towel, it sounded more like, "Ah huh ah uh!"

Just checking, little one.

I rolled my eyes, still drying off my face. Images of stammering Michael invaded my mind. He was kind of cute, his teal eyes popping against his nearly crimson face. Sweet thing.

Anlori whined (great, now she acts like a cat AND a dog) and poked her muzzle out of the tent. I nodded and walked to where the Riders were gathered, and where the old man stood. While we waited for the rest to assemble, I climbed over Anlori's body, sliding across her scales where I could. At one point, I ran my hands over the membrane of her wings; they felt like velvet. Purple and turquoise velvet.

A golden eye looked back at me. Little one, I think they are about to serve the food, Anlori said- er, thought. I slipped off her side and walked around to her front.

Funny how I felt just as at home here as I did back at the farm.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:30 am
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

Emma looked at me, but I didn't look away incase she said something. Why on earth are you grinning like that my boy? Gabby asked, giving a slight mental giggle.

I broke the gaze to look at Gabby. "Well why not?" I asked out loud, smirking.

She shook her head at me, but there was no mistaking the grin on her face. You just going to keep staring, or will you actually say something? Gabby nudged me with her nose. She looked back to Adolfo, probably having some silent, reptilian though conversation with him.

I returned my gaze to Emma and stuck my hands in my pockets. "I guess I'll go get washed up now, looks like they're pretty much ready to start eating now. Nice meeting you Emma." I smiled sweetly, my eyes wandering to where the others were getting ready to eat.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Telemos landed in front of the old man's tent, then walked right in. The old man was resting on a hammock.

"I see the dragons have returned," Telemos said.

"You didn't take nearly as long on your own mission. I thought it would take at least a day for Demming to write an answer," the old man replied.

"Demming is dead. His town was reduced to ashes. I saw no sign of survivors. I'm sorry," Telemos said.

"I was afraid he would be found; killing three shadow riders was too bold a statement to make before our own riders were ready. This will change soon enough," the old man said.

"So we do have some new riders."

"Not a moment too soon by the sound of it."

"When do I get to meet them?"

"There is no time like that present," the old man said. He got out of the hammock and Telemos followed him out of the tent.

"Allow me to present the new dragon riders," the old man said.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

57 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Leila

I was bickering with Anlori about the quality of cotton when a gryphon walked out in front of us. The entire group fell silent. Anlori suddenly leaned her head on my shoulder. I stroked her muzzle absentmindedly; her breath was warm and tickled my neck.

Who's that? she thought.

No idea, Lor. I replied.

She puffed a breath out, frustrated.

There, there, Lor. I think we'll know soon enough, and besides... I smell food.

YAY!
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 am
Junglelover says...

Michael

"Allow me to present the new dragon riders," The old man said breaking me from my thoughts.
I turned around to see the old man and some kind of dragon.
What is that? I ask Kato though my thoughts.
That is a gryphon. his voice boomed, but not as loud as last time.

I walked over to Errie. I put one of my arms across my chest, and put my elbow on my hand and played with my hair.
My dragon stood behind me, his breath on my neck.
Errie looked at me. I twisted my palm of my hand towards him, then turned it back. I looked over at Emma. She saw me and waved, I waved back.
So many people, I haven't even met all them yet! I thought to myself.
You would if you talk to them Kato gently boomed.
Do you always read my thoughts? I asked
Yes, but most of the time I don't under stand.
Well, can you read other people's thoughts? I asked
Yes...
What's Leila thinking?
To tell you that would be unfair, you find out for your self, everybody else does.
I rolled my eyes.

Can dragons read other people's thoughts? If not, just tell me.
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

Do you smell food? Aurora asked me. I sniffed the air, and the sent of food stung my nose. I smiled and nodded.

Yes, yes I do. We headed to the group of people eating. I sat down next to someone, smiling at them slightly. They turned to look at me, not really smiling.

They seem just a tad rude, A pointed out. I nodded to her, turning back to the food in my hand. I ate quickly, wanting to get a ride in before night. When I was done, I stood up, touching A's side. She grunted, knowing exactly what was going to happen. I heard someone following, and I turned around, pulling out a dagger I always kept in my boot. I held it against my arm so they wouldn't see it. I had it just in case they got a little...pushy. It was the person from earlier.

"Hey," they said, smiling slightly.

*Anyone*
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The Dragon Riders looked at Telemos and he surveyed them quickly. Most were quite young. Then they shrugged and went off to eat.

Telemos gave the old man a cat-like glare.

"Dragon Riders? Tell me Cicero, what kind of Dragon Rider sits at a table without an invitation and eats food they have not earned?"

"I can see you're upset."

"You think I'm upset? You're lucky my father isn't here to see this. If he saw the gratitude of those that he feeds his flock to, those 'Dragon Riders' would be eating their own intestines. Not a single greeting! Look at them gorge themselves at the same table with those that have worked all day to prepare this camp and tend my father's sheep, the same sheep they're eating! No Cicero, my father could show you what upset looks like if he were here," Telemos raged. The dragons were listening.

"The generosity of your family is well known and appreciated, Telemos D'tali. These riders are new and do not know their hosts, they are tired and weary from their journey. Please forgive their ignorance and accept my apology on their behalf," Cicero said calmly. Telemos calmed down after hearing the old man's apology.

"You are their teacher, their ignorance is your responsibility. Tonight, I will consider them guests at my table; so that you may teach them the generosity of the D'tali clan. Tomorrow, you will show them how to feed themselves, so that they will not take the meat from the table of our shepherds. When they become warriors, then they'll be worthy of being fed. Under these terms is your apology accepted," Telemos said, before turning away.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to hunt. I'm not a horse like that one," Telemos said, indicating the dragon with hay in his mouth.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

57 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

"This is delicious! Never had this great of food before!" I said, with my mouth full of food.
Nobody answered me, they just kept eating.

I finished eating, then walked over to the old man, "Thanks for the meal, it was the best I ever had!"
"You're welcome my boy." He replied.
"Well, thanks." I walked over to my tent and washed my hands, they returned outside.
Who to talk to, who to talk to. I thought.
Anyone, walk up to that boy over there, and say hi. Kato boomed gently. I had gotten over the fact that Kato's sounds mad, when he really isn't.
I walked over to the boy, "Hi, my name is Michael, this is Kato." I said.
"My name is Dismas, this is Fern."
Last edited by Junglelover on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dismas & Fern:

Fern had come back when food was mentioned and now that I'd finished and moved away from the others, I was staring up at the mountains, thinking of going flying.

"Hi, my name is Michael, this is Kato." I frowned at him. He just smiled.

I sighed and finally replied, "My name is Dismas, this is Fern." I gestured to the dragon, who was over by the trees, winding her way through, around and over them. She was amusing to watch.

Silence descended. Awkward silence. Michael was sharing looks with his dragon. I glanced towards Fern again. She climbed into the branches of a very large tree and chased all the birds out of their perch, snapping at them as they flew off.

Say something, she suggested and finally caught one by the wing and tossed it into the air only to catch it again and swallow it whole. I scrunched up my face at her. It's only a bird, Dismas. We all need to eat, you know.

I sighed again. She was right, on both accounts. I needed to say something and she needed to eat.

"So," I began, turning back to the other boy. "Where did you come from? I came from the Shadow Region, right on the edge of it. They've taken over the city there..." I trailed off, noticing the frown on Michael's face. Fern growled. "What?" I asked him, frowning back.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:58 pm
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

I finished eating, trying not to seem to piggish. I probably at the slowest out of everybody, but my mother would still be scolding me for eating so rudely. I smiled slightly, wondering when or if I'd see them again. I sighed and rose from my chair, searching out the old man for a thank-you. Finding him, I walked over and dipped my head slightly.

"Thank-you. That was delicious," I murmered before turning quickly to wander off.

Well, how was it? Gabby asked.

"Wonderful," I muttered, making my way towards my tent.

Gabby nudged me and I turned around to face her. She seemed concerned. What's bothering you Errie? I can hear it in your voice.

I frowned. Can't you just read it in my thoughts anyways?

She frowned back. I can, but I choose not to pry at things like that. Don't tell me if you don't want to, but I'm here to listen whenever you need it.

I smiled and gave her a gentle pat on the nose before reatreating to inside my tent. What was bothering me?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla