z

Young Writers Society

Against the Shadows

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 pm
eldEr says...

ZACHERY CHAR

Something scaly rubbed against my cheek and I shoved it away quickly, thinking it was a snake. Snakes weren't so bad, but when you woke up to... wait... It wasn't a snake. "Good morning Gabby," I grumbled, opening my eyes.

Good morning Errie. It's time for a ride I do believe.

I grinned and flung my legs over the side of the bed. Gabby shook her head and turned, squeezing through the door. The dragon took up well over half the tent, it was a wonder she could make it out and in through that puny door. I followed her, rubbing my eyes vigourously.

Jump on. She got low so that I could climb onto her back. I clung to her horns tightly as we took off. My eyes widened as we shot straight up.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

I kept on slowly turning around and around, Where is she? I asked myself.
"Hi, You look like your looking for someone." I heard a voice behind me. I tuned back around, to face a girl. "My name is Kassie! What's your?" She asked friendly.
"Um, Michael, nice to meet you." I said.
"So, who are you looking for?"
"uh, nobody, just looking." I lied.
"Oh, I see." She wasn't taking my lie, "This is Aurora."
"This is Kato."
"He's huge!"
"Thanks," I didn't know what else to say. I kicked the ground lightly.
Say something! Kato said.
Like what!?
Last edited by Junglelover on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Dismas & Fern:

Dismas! Fern bellowed and I jerked upright.

"What? What!"

The dragon chuckled and stuck her head inside the tent. Wake up, little one. Time to get up.

I glared at her but she just chuckled and disappeared outside. I sighed, ran a hand through my hair and climbed out of my bed. Fern was sitting outside the tent entrance; I could hear her chuckling to herself.

After washing my face, I slipped outside and past my dragon. The camp was kind of quiet, except for the few people already up.

Well, I said to Fern. What're we going to do?

Fern turned to gaze into my silver eyes, so like her scales. Fly? she questioned. I just grinned.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:02 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

To my surprise, I wasn't embarrassing myself in front of him...yet. I always tend to screw things up when I talk to people, especially guys.

Oh whatever, Aurora said, touching me with her snout. I rolled my eyes, trying to get over what she said. I did always tend to do or say something that made people think I was weird, it was just the way I was. Not many people wanted to talk to girls who were freaks. My mind was averted to a picture in Aurora's mind. A picture of the kittens from my dream. It was trivial, but there wasn't anything else to talk about. No, no, I wasn't going to ask--

"Do you like kittens?" I blurted. I felt my face flush and I looked away. I had just done it again. He looked at me strangely for a moment, not answering my question. I waved him off, turning around. See what your bright ideas get me? She laughed, walking with me. I hated to just walk away from him, but he was busy again looking for someone. Probably another girl who wouldn't talk about kittens with him. I sighed, plopping down on the dirt with Aurora.

It wasn't long before some one else noticed her sitting alone leaning against Aurora and her multitude of colors. They looked awed as they looked at them, then glanced at my eyes to check their color. I guessed they saw the rainbow of colors, but I'd seen that stair too many times.

Maybe I can ask if they like kittens! I said to Aurora who simply ignored me and touched my back with her tail.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 pm
Junglelover says...

Michael

Kittens? Why is she talking about kittens? Of course I like them.
She walked off, and sat down. See what you did!?Kato said.
Well, I didn't know what to say! And besides, I wasn't expecting that kind of question!
You still could of thought fast! He boomed.
"I'm hungry!" I said.
Humans, always whining!
I'm not whining!
Oh, really? he asked in disbelief.
"When are we going to eat?"
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare