z

Young Writers Society

Salem Witch Trials

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:26 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Witches have been told in stories for many of years. The bad guys, the good guys. None portrayed quite the same. Sense the early years of humanity, witches were thought to toil with the lives of humans. Many lead witch hunts, and many were against them, hiding the witches.

Salem Witch Trials Extra Information

The seeds of the hysteria that afflicted Salem Village, Massachusetts were sown in January 1692 when a group of young girls began to display bizarre behavior. The tight-knit community was at a loss to explain the convulsive seizures, blasphemous screaming, and trance-like states that afflicted the youngsters. The physicians called in to examine the girls could find no natural cause of the disturbing behavior. If the source of the affliction. Witches had invaded Salem.

Spoiler! :
The Salem Village Meeting House where the trials
took place was not attributable to a physical malady,
the community reasoned that it must be the work of Satan.

In February the village began praying and fasting in order to rid itself of the devil's influence. The girls were pressured to reveal who in the community controlled their behavior. Three women were identified and examined. One, Tituba (a slave), confessed to seeing the devil who appeared to her "sometimes like a hog and sometimes like a great dog." Even more troubling, Tituba confessed that a conspiracy of witches permeated Salem Village.

In March the afflicted girls accused Martha Corey. The three women previously denounced as colluding with the devil were marginal to the community. Martha Corey was different; she was an upstanding member of the Puritan congregation - her revelation as a witch demonstrated that Satan's influence reached to the very core of the community. Events snowballed as the accusatory atmosphere intensified and reached a fever pitch. During the period from March into the fall many were charged, examined, tried and condemned to death. The hangings started in June with the death of Bridget Bishop and continued through September. As winter approached, the hysteria played itself out as criticism of the procedures grew. In October, the colonial governor dissolved the local Court of inquiry. The convictions and condemnations for witchery stopped. Nineteen victims of the witch-hunt had been hanged, one crushed to death under the weight of stones and at least four died in prison awaiting trial.

Plot

You have a choice of four different types of character.

Spoiler! :
1. Witch-- You live in hiding of those who are against you. You know some of the one's who were killed before, and you know the dangers of revealing yourself.

2. For-- You are for killing the witches, thus you band together, creating a mob type group, searching them out, and burning them.

3. Against--You are against killing them, thus you help hide them and risk being killed yourself. You have made friends with some of the witches, and you protect them.

4. Wizard--Like a witch, only male.

Rules:

Spoiler! :
1. Regular YWS rules apply

2. No God modding, No ones the leader.

3. Cussing is allowed, but please don't over do it.

4. Keep sex scenes to a minimum, no one wants to read all those details.

5. If you plan to kill off some one's character, please PM them first and make sure it's OK with them.

Character profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:

For/Against/Witch:

Appearance (Please no anime):

Age when they started magic?:

History:

Personality:

Up for love?:

Theme (a song that describes them):

Other:

These are the open spots:

For:
1. Dameon *Sunstarfrozenlife
2. Malachai Beauheart (Mal) *Chupatoasta

Against:
1. ? *Phantom of the potter
2. Sparrow Fleck *Ninjacookiemonster

Witch:
1. Sabrina Ann *Me
2. Estelle O'hanley *Scarlettfire
3. Marissa Hanley (Rissa) *Mizzle
4. Kiana *Sunstarfrozenlife
5. Sara Rose *Ladyodthedeathrose
6. Willa Johnson *Little Princess

Wizard:
1. Hayden Joel *Ninjacookiemonster
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I forgot to mention, this is current times, but they live on an island somewhere, so they might not have ALL the things we have now...

Name: Sabrina Ann

For/Against/Witch: Witch

Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: 6

History: She doesn't remember her mom, but she remembers that her dad was abusive to her. He used to beat her mom and her, and then he finally killed her mother when she was five. She had enough, and her anger built up and when she turned six, she had enough. She accidentally burnt the house down, trapping her father in it. She watched with horror filled eyes as her dad was burned alive. Ever sense then, she's been really jumpy when people get close to her.

Personality: She is mentally scarred by her past. She just needs some one to tell her it's ok, and that it wasn't her fault.

Up for love?: Der!

Theme (a song that describes them): Never Too Late by Three Days Grace

Other: She always wears this necklace:
Spoiler! :

She has a pet wolf that watches over the forest next to her home. Here is Cana (Cana-wolf cub (Celtic)) :

Spoiler! :
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in, with a witch.

Name: Estelle O'Hanley.

For/Against/Witch: Witch.

Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: 12.

History: Both of Estelle's parent were killed by a mob when she was young and ever since, Estelle has been staying with her Aunt. When Estelle was 12, a few of the other kids started throwing stones and calling her nasty names. She got so angry that something went 'click' and all of the children who had been mean to her had their houses burn down or came down with the chicken pocks, or other similarly nasty conditions. Estelle didn't know what she'd done, but her Aunt did, as the Aunt was a witch. When Estelle turned 15, a mob tried to burn down her Aunt's home, with both Estelle and her Aunt still inside. They rebuilt the house and for two years, Estelle and her Aunt lived in fear, until her Aunt passed away about a week ago.

Personality: Estelle has always been kind and caring, but sometimes she gets mad and people get hurt. She doesn't like to hurt anything and loves nature. She enjoys walking in the forest and baking bread. Estelle lives in fear most of the time, never knowing when a mob will come knocking on her door or not. She never answers the door after dark.

Up for love?: Yes.

Theme (a song that describes them): Kicking & Screaming ~ Funeral for a Friend.

Other: Estelle recently found a large, black dog which she calls Bentley. He stands guard outside the front door at night and follows her almost everywhere during the day.
Spoiler! :
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 pm
Mizzle says...

Saving a spot for a girl witch.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Sara Rose

Appearance (Please no anime): Long black hair to her waist with naturally occuring red streaks and eyes that change color. Skin pale. Is about 5'8

Age when they started magic?: 5

History: She watched her mother and father and younger sister killed by an angry mob but they let her live. She has been chased by children and called names until she finally snapped and lashed out and the children got red welts on their arms and legs. She knows all the other witches/wizards by name and she is closer to some.

Personality: a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is curious but doesn't express her curiousty, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper She can keep her emotions in check and she is dark and cold towards people until she gets to know them.

Up for love?: Yupperz.

Theme (a song that describes them): 'Headstrong' by Trapt and 'Shut Up' by Simple Plan

Other: Has a grey and black wolf named 'Tskinnak' (Native American - Blackbird.)
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 pm
Mizzle says...

Name: Marissa Henley (Rissa)

Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: 7

History: She was born on January 3rd, in a small cabin deep inside the woods. Her mother was a wanted witch, and her father was an ordinary man. The first five years of Marissa's life were peaceful and serene. The day Marissa turned six, though, a mob came into the woods and burnt down their little cabin. Marissa watched from the blackberry bushes near the small stream to the left side of what used to be the cabin. Before her eyes she watched her mother walk right through the fire and leave her father, and her, behind. She's never seen her mother since. Her "magic" appeared when she turned seven and some townspeople finally found her and hid her in their shed, knowing from her red hair that she was a witch. The boy that lived at the house she was hiding at started to tease her and call her a force against nature and that's when something inside of her just clicked and the boy became blind in one eye because of her fury. The boy and her have become great friends over the years, despite she having caused him a blind eye. The family now hides her in their attic, feeding her scraps from their meals and such. She feels at home here, but terribly depressed, and confined. There is one small window in the attic in which she can watch the streets below. It's practically what keeps her breathing.

Personality: She can be depressed at times and sometimes a bit cold-hearted, because she literally hates herself. She hates the fact that she's different and has to live in hiding. Marissa is frustrated easily and sometimes loses control of her powers when she gets angry. Underneath her frustration and depression, Marissa can be a really warm-hearted and loving person. She gets attached to people easily, and doesn't like change, which is probably why she stays with the family that is hiding her. She gets afraid easily but can be very brave; she has a tendency to be paranoid. She just wants to be able to scream to let out her madness, but she can't.

Up for love?: Yeah.

Theme (a song that describes them): Sound of Madness by Shinedown

Other:
Has a wolf that she sneaks out at night to see. It never strays far from the house where she is hiding. The wolf's name is Sakima, Native American for king.
Spoiler! :

She always wears this necklace:
Spoiler! :
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:58 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I'll save a spot for an Against character.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name: Dameon

For/Against/Witch: For

Appearance (Please no anime): I use this for every person don't I.... lol...
Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: He's not a witch, sooooooooooo never.

History: He's the mayors son, so he's respected and his decisions are usually expected to be high quality. He's always had a lot of pressure on him to do whats best for the town and to be a little mirror image of the mayor, which inside he definately isn't. His best friend is a girl named Felicity who's 16.

Personality: He's funny, smart, can sometimes make stupid decisions. He's a "people kind of person" and doesn't like being alone much unless it's to think.

Up for love?: Yes, with Witch or Person! :D

Theme (a song that describes them): Hm I don't know quite yet.

Other: He's intruiged by the witches and wants to find and help them. He also likes supernatural occurences and studying them.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Name: Kiana

Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: 10

History: She's the twin of her handsome and popular brother, Spencer. Because of the fact that she's always in his shadow and never paid enough attention to, she slightly dislikes him. As twins are thought to be either good or evil, sometimes at school she and her brother are whispered of being a witch and wizard. Although her brother has no amount of magic in his body, he still has to bear the burden of being called a Wizard. He has no idea of her power.

Personality: She's headstrong, smart, dark, witty, slightly pessimistic, but can be funny, sweet, and kind.

Up for love?: Sure.

Theme (a song that describes them): Love Like Winter by AFI- To Be Explained Later

Other: She has a black rabbit named Elimi. Because Black Rabbits are associated with evil, she has to keep him hidden in their basement.
Last edited by sunstarfrozenlife on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Ooh, sounds interesting. I'm in.

Name: Sparrow Fleck

For/Against/Witch: Against

Appearance: Minus all piercings.
Spoiler! :

History: Sparrow has lived on her own for as long as she can remember, and she's fine with that. She has always worn guy's clothes, and no one on the island even knows she exists, which is good, because she's quite the criminal. She knows her parents are highly respected, but she ignores that. She's the product of a scandalous affair, and hates that fact. She first stole when she was seven, killed when she was ten. She sleeps in alleys and abandoned inn rooms, and knows the island like her name. Basically, a street girl who no one knows or has noticed.

Personality: Sarcastic, but keeps to herself for fear of being discovered. Quick thinking and fast. Stealthy, ruthless, and secretive, but a bit of a smart-aleck. People from the mainland would call her... well, rhymes with snitch.

Up for love: Yeah, but she's a touch afraid of it and is fine without it.

Theme: War, Sick Puppies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDf5OyVEUTY

Other: Is very thin from lack of food and constant movement, the few people who have seen her think her a witch because of her uncanny stealth and coming out at night; she's known by them as the "Shadow Girl".
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:56 pm
LittlePrincess says...

Name: Willa Johnson

Appearance (Please no anime): Small and pale, strawberry blonde hair, bright green eyes. (Sorry I don't have a picture)

Age when they started magic?: 11

History: Her family is very poverty stricken, her older sister Marissa is beautiful and popular and always calls her a freak. She has a twin brother, Thomas, who is autistic which takes the focus of her single mother (her father left them when the twins were born). Her brother always got sick which put a lot of strain on the family, finally she willed so hard that he would be better that she managed to get rid of the flu. At school she didn't have many friends, people on talked to her because they felt bad for her. She hasn't discovered most of what she can do.

Personality: Extremley shy, rarely talks to people which makes people think she is stuck up. She loves to read, usually has a book. Has a habit if hiding from things when things get bad. Her brother is the only person she can really talk to and she loves him a lot.

Up for love?: Yup

Theme (a song that describes them): mm, i'll have to think about that one.
Last edited by LittlePrincess on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Malachai Beauheart *Mal*

For/Against/Witch: For

Spoiler! :

Age when they started magic?: He's human

History:

Personality:

Up for love?:

Theme (a song that describes them):

Other:
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 am
ForsakenAngel says...

All those songs...well, they're all some of my favorites! And...AFI IS MY FAVOURITE!! Just saying.

And I think this is the most people I've ever had for one of my SB's. Thanks so much!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 am

Plllzzzz start I'm freaking out!

Haha.

And Forsakin, mind if I change Eli into a witch...? I know all the spots are taken but idk... please? XD
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:55 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Ha, I'm going to add a few more spots in that catagory...I need to post everyone thats a witch up there and for and against...but I'll do that in a minute. Go ahead Sunny!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming