z

Young Writers Society

Rousseau's Academy for Vampire Hunters

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:37 pm
sillyducky says...

Alissa
How dare he? I was simply trying to help Lee, my mind was out of it. I didn't know I was putting on a show!
Regretfully, I shook my head. I knew I had heard something behind me, but he didn't know that, now did he? He had to make that smug little voice get to me, and make me forget all about the vampire.
Honestly, I hated pie, but to hate someone else? I had never felt that emotion. It was unbearable! It took front place to everything else!

"Let's go," I grumbled to Lee, while Lance smirked haughtily. "And you," I said, turning. "You don't need to make me so angry that all sounds just register in my subconcious."
Lance looked smug. "Big words for a five year old."
"I'm seven!" I yelled, exasperated. He just sauntered away. He totally didn't deserve to be called Mr. Moon. Lance was more appropriate for that guy.
Lee growled and I finally remembered that she was beside me.
What was that about? She thought to me, confused.
"Nothing," I lied.
It was something, she said, turning.
"Fine. I was making you come down here so that Lance couldn't get to you. He asked me to make you meet him in the classroom later."
Or what?
"Um, or I lost my place in upper class."
I could have sworn Lee sighed.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Lee

"I'll give him one thing, he's good," I told Alissa. She had wanted to help. I had told her to go right ahead, but I was going to let him fight this one out. Once in a while he would send a thought my way, and I would snarl in response. Funny how being a wolf makes that easier as a human. Agitated, I switched to wolf and starting pacing around Alissa.

"I don't need guarding," she hissed.

I know, I'm just nervous, Ali. I thought.

At some point, Moon triumphed. I snorted. Can we go back now? My shift starts soon.

Moon lifted an eyebrow. You time your human-wolf shifts?

I barked out a laugh. I meant my Jamba Juice shift. You know, where I work.

The almighty Annaleya works at a smoothie shop?

For the discounts. And I have to pay for the apartment somehow, don't I?

... Apartment? Why don't you board at the Academy?

Because if I lose control, I'd kill too many good hunters. And these are good people we're talking about. I added a growl for emphasis.

Moon pretty much shut up after that.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Updates in the SB: Character alliances. And Spy has dropped out.

Kassia:

When I finally reached my bedroom, I found that I couldn't sleep and ended up sitting on my bed, staring down at the bloodied bandage covering my wrist. I needed to change the bandage but didn't really want to see the bloody wound, fearing that it would cause another cause of blood lust-if it wasn't already.

I gently started to unwind the bandage and winced as the dried blood made the cloth pull on the cut. This was going to take forever: I needed another pair of hands. And it would probably need stitches.

"Great," I muttered, looking around for the room for a moment. "Thanks a lot Adrian."

I was so going to kick his arse for this. Looking down at my wrist again, I realised something; I'd lost a lot of blood and would probably pass out soon. A few seconds later and I did.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm
The Jesseble says...

Alana De Marvoir

Crouching low on the edge of the rooftop, Alana remained as still as a gargoyle, her icy blue eyes absorbing the speckled lights of the city. She let out a sigh, feeling it leave her body with more force that she intended. Watching in a new city was so boring…she had no idea what she was looking for, or who the vampires were in this particular place. It was annoying…she sighed again.

Then, there it was…that tantalisingly fresh smell of fresh blood. The blood lust roared in her throat at the slightest hint of the smell. At once, she sprung from the roof and dropped down. Like a stone, she plummeted, but landed spritely on her feet.

Her nostrils burned as she walked calmly down the alleyway, ignoring the stray cat that mewed from the bins. The smell was getting stronger as she turned down a narrower path. Her shoes splashed lightly in the small puddles, but she was careful to not make too much noise…just in case they were still alive.

Finally…she reached the source of the smell…a scream of anger tore her throat. They had gone…leaving only a small congealing mess on the floor. She crouched beside the blood, lightly dipping a manicured nail in the red liquid. Lifting it to her mouth, she licked it off.

Alana smiled…at last, she had found some competition…the blood was acrid to the taste, definitely vampire…but there was something else. A different scent was reaching her…it was very faint. Anger burned inside of her as she recognised the scent. Werewolf.

“I hate dogs,” she muttered to herself, her hand twitching in the direction of the sword that was slung behind her back. She couldn’t ignore the other scent of human…but humans were nothing compared to dogs.
A grin stretched across her face. Maybe this city isn’t too bad after all.

*ready to pounce*
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry, I forgot all about this SB...so quickly. Whats going on now? Updates please :D
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

NOTICE: Anyone who has not posted within the last five days, please post within 48 hours!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am
SisterItaly says...

*checks pulse* NO! It must LIVE!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:26 am
LovelessSummer says...

Oh my! I have completely disregarded this thing! My apologies...
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:30 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Can someone post so I know where we are...or tell me...postings better!! *smiles sheepishly*
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:30 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

LUCIUS

He was dead tired but he hadn't heard from Cassia lately. Which was odd for her. Normally they were always practicing and since the vamps...well, it's not like they should be separated for long.

Lucius clenched his fists. He grabbed a dagger and threw it angrily at the dart board on the opposite side of his bed. It hit the mark dead on, just as he knew it would. The only good thing about having crazy vampire hunting parents was that they had trained him since birth. If one thing had stuck in his mind, it was never miss your target. If it hit just a little off point, it could mean the difference between life and death.

Lucius ran a hand through his head. Still, he had never been as promising as Monica. She was beautiful and talented. She was everything his parents had dreamed of. And now she was gone. Lucius knew she would have hated her life as a vampire and so he would kill her. For his older sister, whom he had looked up to so much. Sometimes he wondered if his parents wished it was him who had been turned into a vampire and they still had Monica. Would they still be consumed with grief? Yes, Lucius wished his sister was still here...but was he selfless enough to wish he was the victim and not Monica. It hurt his chest because he honestly didn't know.

"Cassia," he murmured.

Bickering and joking around with his friend always took his mind off things. He would go to her room and wait for her there. More than likely she was out practicing.

Lucius jerked the dagger out of the dart board and strode out of his room and towards Cassia's which, lucky for them both, was only about a two minute walk from his own.

It was quiet out and cloudy, although there was no rain. It felt...eerie. And Lucius didn't like it. He ran to Cassia's door, the hairs on his arms and on the back of his neck prickling. With fear or with nervousness, he didn't know. Maybe both.

He pounded on Cassia's door. "You in there?" Lucius called.

He was about to walk away, figuring she was out practicing. He paused, not knowing what exactly made him hesitate. But he was glad he did. He heard a slight moan from inside.

"Cassia!" Lucius yelled, yanking open the door. "Cassia what the hell? Cass-"

The sight before him made him drop to his knees. The stupid girl was too stubborn for her own good. She was in a small pool of blood and either passed out or too out of it to notice what was going on. Blood loss. He wasn't sure who had done this but he had a good idea. Lucius clenched his fists because he knew he couldn't seek revenge on this person. Because it had to have been a vampire. And just because he was a well trained vampire hunter, didn't mean he was ready to tackle one. And an old one at that.

"Damn it!" he yelled, grabbing her arm and staunching the blood quickly.

He wasn't sure how to clean a wound or even how to help her. All he could do was bandage it and look for help.

Lucius got up and ran out of the room and into the hall. "Help!" he screamed. He couldn't help but have the sweet, metallic scent of blood fill his nose. He wanted it to go away.

The fresh air from the hall wrapped around him and he swallowed it gratefully. "Help! Please! My friend's hurt!"

If by luck or chance, the headmast looked at him down the hall and jogged towards him. Lucius dragged him to Cassia's room, ignoring his babbled questions.

"She's lost a lot of blood. She'll need stiches, I'd say," Lucius muttered.

He knelt by her and lifted her head up. Her eyelids fluttered but she stayed unconsious.

"Wake up, Cassia," Lucius told her. "Come on. We've got to get you to a hospital. You need help."

Lucius remembered the part of Cassia that he would always hate. The part of her that made him wary of her. And the part of her that made it where they could never truly be true friends. Cause he couldn't except the part of her that was a vampire. She was half vampire. She couldn't help it, but it didn't change anything. They never brought it up (Cassia knew he hated vampires, of course) and so they both tried to ignore it. Maybe that was why Lucius was never interested in her romantically. Or...he wouldn't allow himself to be. He hated part of her and yet he....didn't.

Lucius turned his face away from her. "You need blood, don't you Cassia," he said through gritted teeth.

He was repulsed by the fact, but he helped the headmaster stand her up, supporting her from under her shoulders. Mixed feelings were rushing around and making him sick to his stomach. Concern, worry, disgust, anger and something he couldn't define.

"C'mon Cassia, wake up. You've lost a lot of blood. Let us help you get to a hospital or something," Lucius muttered.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kassia:

I had no idea how long I'd been out for, but the stench of blood was overpowering. I took a deep breath, feeling the burn in my throat and opened my eyes, slitted against the light. It was my blood I could smell. Oh, no. No, no, no. Not now... I felt the shaking start and then Lucius was leaning over me.

"Come on, Kassia," he whispered. "Wake up." His eyes were wide-he look concerned.

"Lucius?" I mumbled, unsure of myself. I felt like my world had titled it's axle. "Where am I?" I asked, but it came out slurred.

"Ms. Blaire," someone said and I realised it was the headmaster. "You're in the nurse's wing. You have lost a lot of blood, dear. You're lucky you're not dead."

"Half-vampire," i muttered, still slurring my words.

"Yes, yes," he replied and Lucius was gone, replaced by the headmaster. "I know that. I suppose you need blood?"

I opened my eyes wide and stared at him, my bottom lip trembling. "No!" I gasped and twisted away from them, turning my back on them. I was shaking, really badly now. I had to... I....had....to.... "I won't! I won't!"

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and glanced back at them. They were exchanging a worried look. I scrunched up my face and turned away. My mouth was watering now.... No, I wouldn't.... No way.

"Kassia," Lucius said coaxingly. "If you need it...."

"No." I was being stubborn now but it had to happen... My gaze drifted down to the cut on my wrist. I remembered how I got it. Adrian. My hands were shaking. I noticed it vaguely, watching the blood seeping out of the wound.

I half-turned back, gazing up into his eyes. He was watching me, wary of me. I stared at him for a long time, aware of the Headmaster standing behind him. Lucius had taken a seat next to me on the cot. He really was concerned though.

"Fine!" I snapped and looked down at the cut again. It had stitches in it. I hadn't noticed those a moment ago. "But don't blame me if I freak you out...or anything...."

Lucius flinched and then he hesitated. "Kassia...."

"Do you trust me?" I blurted out. Lucius looked very worried now but he nodded. "Then stay still....very still. And tell me to stop if you have to...."

I leaned forward, pushing the collar of his shirt away from his neck. My eyes were on the headmaster but I felt Lucius flinch. Oh god, don't tell me he'd seen me eyes turn red! I quickly brushed the thought away and closed my eyes, biting down. Blood rushed into my mouth, sweet and fresh. It disgusted me, I disgusted me. Lucius flinched and then he moaned. I tried to ignore it, I truly did, but then I got a bit carried away and Lucius swayed into me.

My eyes shot open as I felt his heart stutter and I quickly pulled away, panting as I gazed down at the glazed look in his eyes. Oh, crap. I'd forgotten about that....

I looked away, disgusted with myself and what I had done and noticed the Headmaster openly staring at us. "Shit," I muttered and turned my back on both of them. I glared at the wall.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I know this is a little awkward to ask now, but can someone bring Davine in? Pweeze and thank yew!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:15 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Why don't you have her walking past while this is happening? *points to her last post*

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Lee

I rolled my head around. I felt... trapped, almost claustrophobic. The air was pushing in on me, squeezing me. I hung up my apron and walked to the back parking lot. I needed... water, and cold air, and a cold bath. Yeah.

I walked home; the streets were unusually empty. Strange. I sucked in my breath. Something was off- way off. Like, not just tilted, fallen over. I picked up my speed, trying to keep my head down. Our run in with the vampire and sudden appearance of Lance Moon wasn't helping my writhing nerves.

I was starting to get short of breath- there wasn't enough air to fill my lungs. I began muttering swears in foreign languages, beginning to panic.

But why?

And that's when the wispy clouds tore apart, revealing a pearl moon.

Completely round.

Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:07 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Lucius

Kassia's eyes turned red before him. Lucius felt a burning sense of hate for this part of her. A part that he tried to squash because he had come to think of her as his very best friend. But he couldn't.

So she leaned foward and sank into his neck. He flinched at the sting of her bite and repulsion of what he was doing but at the same time, he knew there was no other way. This was to help Kassia. His hate melted away and suddenly he was filled with joy at the idea of giving her life. He grew on that and his thoughts seemed to float away.

His body felt great. He felt great. Lucius moaned, feeling like he was almost flying. This feeling was too good to let go. He loved it and never wanted to stop. He didn't want to return to the body of the Lucius who always groaned. Who spent all his energy hating vampires and whining about how life was so unfair to him. He liked not having to worry. He loved not having to feel all the confused, muddled feelings that weighed down on his old body and his old mind. Lucius felt like he was floating above that.

He vaguely felt lips coming off his neck and murmured conversation. But what did any of that matter? He was beyond that now and he didn't want to go back to that. He took a deep breath and sighed, completely content.

Then he heard voices, drawing him back in to reality. He didn't want to go back to any of that.

"No," he murmured, sleepily. His body sunk down and the hospital bed suddenly felt like the most comfortable in the world.

The part of him that hated Kassia for biting him was rebelling again, but feebly. And that was the only thing that was keeping him from looking to Kassia and begging her to bite him again.

Lucius yawned and let the high of the vampire bite continue to wash over him and lull him to sleep.

"Thank you Kassia," he muttered, unsure if he really meant it and finally falling asleep.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems