z

Young Writers Society

Riddled with Liars.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:06 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Yes, the word Lyar is purposely misspelled as the name of them and in the title purposely spelled correctly. We seem to be having difficulties over that...

When you turned 17, you found out that you are a Lyar.

You find the name a little ironic. A liar is one who tries to hide the truth- and your job is the exact opposite. You were born with a unique power that no one else has. A power that defies everything science has told us about. And your job is to use this power to fight off the Elimar.

A race of creatures who appear human but are really deadly sorcerers who want to kill you. Why? Because you want to stop them from completely killing everyone on Earth- including you.

A Lyar can make someone tell the truth with a single glance, a useful tool.
---
Eventually you find others who are also Lyar's. Your job is to band up with them to fight off the Elimar.

There are in infinitive number of open spots, but keep the gender ratio equal.

Spots Saved: Chupatoasta, Girl

Character Form

Spoiler! :
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Likes and Dislikes:
Strengths and Weaknesses:
History:
Up For Love:
Other:

Rules:

No Godmodding
No Descriptive Sex Scenes- We get it if its crucial to the plot, but we don't need a descriptive version, thank you very much.
Don't Kill Someone Else's Character Without Their Permission- Duh.
PM me with questions. Please join. (:
Last edited by sunstarfrozenlife on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:18 am
Light_Devil! says...

Just a note. The word "liar" in your title is spelt right. (Also, you seem to have three variations of the word - liar, lyar and lyer.)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

Random avatar

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:30 am

I know. In the title it's meant to be spelled that way as a sort of ironic mirror image, Light. And the Lyer is a typo. ^_^
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:18 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Yay! I'll join, dear Unny!

Name: Astria Coon

Power: Can become invisible and is telekinetic.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Astria- or Ria- is quiet, but not shy. She isn't a chatterbox, is what I mean to say. She prefers to act, and not talk about acting. Granted, she will talk to people she cares for, but she doesn't have any of those, as she grew up alone. She's very, very stealthy, and doesn't like being ordered around.

Dislikes: heat, bright sunlight, farms, beggars, bossiness.

Strengths: stealthy, good fighter, a good climber, great thief and assassin.

Weaknesses: awkward with other people, violent, a slight risk-taker, scares off possible allies frequently.

History: Astria was outside her house, drawing on the sidewalk, when her house- with her parents inside- exploded.

She was six.

Terrified, she ran from the police, and into the arms of a gang. After a few months with them and learning how to fend for herself, they kicked her out, and she began life on the streets. She pushed away anyone who wanted to stay with her, knowing whoever killed her parents was hunting her down as well. For four years, she lived in that way, stealing and killing to survive. She thought beggars were pathetic for not acting for themselves, and refused to help them. When she was ten, she moved on to bigger thefts- jewelry, art, and artifacts become her prey, and they gave better money. She become the best known thief in the thieves' society, and she knows it.

But that meant she had to kill more- guards, greedy employers, and the odd witness. She got used to it, and hardened herself. She did that for three years before moving on to assassination. She still pulls off heists for fun sometimes, but killing is her area, her domain. She's done that for four years now. However much it pains her, it's their life or hers.

Up for love: Absolutely.

Other: Wears her greatest theft around her neck, usually hidden under her shirt:

Spoiler! :

It was a diamond necklace passed down for several centuries, rumored to have been worn by Marie Antoinette.

I get it all right?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:12 am
ForsakenAngel says...

DELETED
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:19 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Kassie Baker *Shadow*

Power: She can control shadows, aka souls, but to an extent. *If this is OK with you* And she can tell when something bad is going to happen because she gets this heavy feeling over her body.

Appearance: Tall, skinny, white hair, not blonde hair, blue eyes, lip pierced, she normally wears tall heals, which she's learned to run in, and fight in, and a short skirt that poofs out. *Like the picture*
Spoiler! :

Personality: Hides her emotions well, keeps to herself when she's uncomfortable, doesn't talk much. Wonders about her parents and sister all the time.

Likes and Dislikes: Standing in the rain, watching the moon at night, watching as the sun sets, and loves the look of a wolf. Loves her wolf.

Strengths and Weaknesses: She is a very very skilled fighter for her age, and being a girl.

History: She doesn't know where she was born, and she doesn't remember her mother or father. She had one sister, Kassandra, who ran away with her when she was new born. Kass only told her that their parents were mean and abusive, and when she had gotten home from the hospital, they beat her so bad, she had bruises all over her body, so Kassandra took her, and ran away, far far away from them so they could never be found. Kass died when Kassie turned 15, and she's been on her own sense then. The last thing Kass gave her was a horseshoe necklace that she keeps on no matter what.

Up For Love: Yes

Other: Has a pet wolf named Sophie, tamed. She acts like a dog, but will attack if she sees you showing aggressive actions towards Kassie.
Spoiler! :

Her necklace that her sister gave her:
Spoiler! :
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:06 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Name: Saraphina (Sara) Mack
Power:Electricity . She can control it, and turn into electricity if needed.
Appearance: When she uses her powers:
Spoiler! :

otherwise:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Sara's very energetic, bubbly and sweet. She's everyone's little sister. She'd put her life on the line for the people she loves, and is ruthless in a fight. She'll kill mercilessly, but then cry afterwards.

Likes and Dislikes: likes: storms, the dark, sugar, friendly people, very light but bright colors that are paired with dark ones. dislikes: spiders, mean people, anyone who threatens her friends, being told to sit down and be quiet.
Strengths and Weaknesses: Her strengths are in fighting, with her boundless energy and powers. She's not particularily good at anything else. She's not dumb, but isn't the brightest star in the sky either.
History: She grew up in a fairly normal, middle class family.She moved out the day she turned 18 looking for adventure.
Up For Love: sure!
Other: always wears this:

Spoiler! :
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:36 pm
Fox says...

Name: James Dacoy
Power: He can control the four elements (if that's okay with you. If you'd prefer, he'll only control one)
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's secretive and mysterious, but very trustworthy. He seems dark, but he's really just misunderstood and adventurous.
Likes and Dislikes: Likes-rain, snow, silence, bright lights, night, and the moon
Dislikes-heights, heat, loud noises, and certain people
Strengths and Weaknesses: He's really fast and sneaky, but also clumsy. Sometimes he can get really angry, but most of the time he's quiet. He's strong and good at hand-to-hand combat. He can be really daring and get's into trouble a lot, but is good at getting out.
History: He lived on a farm, but a huge fire burned down his house, killing his parents, and all the food and animals. He was an only child, so there was nowhere for him to go. He was taken to an orphanage, but ran away. He lived on the streets where he learned to survive and fight on his own.
Up For Love: Yes, but he's waiting for the right person.
Other: n/a
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Random avatar

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 am

Great ones everybody! ^_^ I do ask that we get a few more boys, of course. We can't have an almost all girls group. XP
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 am

I could make a guy, if you'd like.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 am

You can keep the character you have now! If you want to make two characters go ahead but thats your choice. (:
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 am

I will if it becomes desperate.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:20 am
Fox says...

I think we should just let more people join. If they don't, then we should just start, and maybe they will while we're going.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:29 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Yea, I agree...I can't wait for this to start!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:35 am
Fox says...

Same here!
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall