z

Young Writers Society

Sailing the Seven Seas *Starting/Not Accepting**

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Mizzle says...

Sailing the Seven Seas, A Storybook About Pirates!

What's the plot?
This SB is about a crew of pirates on-bored the infamous pirate ship--The Calypso. Run-ins with other pirate ships will be probable, and as a crew, these pirates will steal, conquer, and reign the Seven Seas. Problems will arise, damage will be done, but still, they are pirates, so...fun, fun, fun.

The crew:
1.) The captain--played by me
2.) The co-captain--kidashka
3.) The medicine man (or woman)--Maybe
4.) Gunman 1--ninjacookiemonster
5.) Gunman 2--ninjacookiemonster
6.) Gunman 3--Durriedog
7.) The cook--allmixedup
8.) The captain's apprentice--RazHuni
9.) "Jack" of all trades, carpenter--phantom of the potter
10.) Mystery person--Isha
11.) Prisoner of the Captain--sillyducky

Rules:
No god-modding, puh-lease! No one's perfect, so don't make it that way.

No awkward scenes...y'know.

Light violence is allowed, after all, these are pirates.

Some light cursing is permitted.

Do not kill of someone else's character if you do not have permission to do so.

Keep it family friendly.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler! :
Name:
Position:
Age (17 and older, unless you are the apprentice):
Personality:
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Likes/Dislikes:
Appearance (no anime):
Other:
Theme Song (a song that describes your charrie):

Have fun!
Last edited by Mizzle on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Name: Grace OMalley

Position: Cook, (for once its not some old hairy dude)

Personality: She is the fun and happy kind, tick her off and she'll cut you into pieces, just be warned. She is a hopeless romantic, so love is definitely her thing, she does the stereotypical break up thing, Cry, sulk, get over it. Sometimes it takes longer then other times.

Strengths: Cooking, kind, obedient, intelligent.

Weaknesses: Love, easily persuaded, not all that strong, can be a bit snappy at times.

Dislikes: People who hurt other people, dry land, when people insult her cooking.

Appearance (no anime):
Spoiler! :
Like that minus the eye patch and a lower hem, the hem goes below her knee.

Other: Um mm, up for love definitely, ducky is meh loverh
Theme Song (a song that describes your charrie): Pink - Please Don't Leave Me
Last edited by SisterItaly on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm
sillyducky says...

place holder girl... If you can do that...
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 pm
Razcoon says...

Place holder girl captain's apprentice
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 pm
kidashka says...

placeholder co-captain, but cannot post until monday.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

367 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 pm
Mizzle says...

Name: Clare Davies

Position: Captain

Personality: She has a motherly side that only her crew knows of, because you rarely see her like that; her motherly, kind side usually comes out after a battle that was won or a treasure that was found. Otherwise, she can appear a bit cold-hearted, rude with words, and snappy. She keeps her crew in line like a true captain.

Strengths/Weaknesses: S--decent leader, good planning, quick wit, has a good humor, excellent fighter. W--can come off as cold-hearted, a bit snappy at times, somewhat arrogant.

Likes/Dislikes: L--the sea, her ship, most of her crew, gold, treasures, victory. D--her dad (pirate rivalry...), her brother, being on land, losing, quitters, whiners, and being lied to.

Appearance (no anime):
Spoiler! :

Other: She was raised on her father's pirate ship, where her father offered her the position as a crew-worker, and her twin brother the position of co-captain. Bitter, she asked why she had not been given the co-captain position, only to hear her father say women could not be anything more than a crew-worker. Arrogant, she left her father's ship and went to her mother's house on land for a year so she could settle her thoughts. There, in Port Trevor, she bought her ship and named it The Calypso. Her crew came to her in the form of women and men, and she set out to sea as the first captain who was a woman. Her mother died two years after she left the port, and soon after her twin brother and father got into a fight. Her twin brother came to her, asking to join the crew. She allowed him to, until he rebelled and took half of her crew with him to start his own ship. She admired his boldness and brains, but is forever bitter towards him, though he does send her letters once in awhile, unlike her father.

Theme Song: Can't be Tamed by Miley Cyrus

**Up for love, if you dare try**
✯ ✯ ✯

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm
Maybe says...

Name: Charlie "Doc" Underwood

Position: Medicine Man / Doctor

Personality: Charlie is most prominently thought of and known for being a doctor - pirate is usually only an afterthought. He's generally a kind and caring man with more patience than should be afforded to any human being, and is open and friendly. He's not daunted by being on a pirate ship for the simple fact that he was born on one and has served aboard many throughout his life. He knows how to take care of himself, and while he is strictly against starting fights of any sorts, if involved, he'll finish it. However, he gets along well enough with most of the crew to where this is rarely a problem. He has a good sense of humor but if he is pushed to his limit mentally or physically, he can be irritable and possibly a bit harsh. There are very few things that will get him truly angry at anyone, but if driven to that point, he does have a temper just like any other human being.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Charlie knows a great deal about medicine and healing techniques, and is also a strong and exceptionally fast swimmer. He is, however, easily distracted and finds it hard to place his trust in any member of the crew save for the Captain and perhaps one or two others.

Likes/Dislikes: His greatest love when sailing, besides sailing, is a healthy ship. He also likes dolphins, as they bring a sign of good luck, and swallows. He dislikes dry land, sharks, and injured people who refuse his treatment.

Appearance: Charlie is tall, lean, and lanky with tanned skin. His hair is dark brown, cut just above his chin, thick, curly, and often simply a huge tangled, unruly mess atop his head. He has stormy blue-gray eyes shadowed by dark eyebrows, and he has a few light freckles scattered across his cheeks. He often wears a loose-fitting white shirt (if a shirt at all) with a faded gray coat, black pants and boots, and blood red bandanna.

History: Though born on a pirate ship, Charlie lived and was raised on solid ground for the first sixteen years of his life. After he was born, his mother abandoned ship at the first location they came to - St. Augustine, Florida. Charlie's father remained on the ship, but was later presumed dead when the ship met a deadly storm and was never heard from again. During his time on land, Charlie's mother taught him as best she could, and was helped by a family friend, a local doctor named Henry Welsh. It was from him that Charlie obtained most of his medical knowledge. Then, one night when he was sixteen, a ship came into the harbor and began recruiting new crew members. Charlie saw his opportunity and took it, with his mother's blessing, and remained with the Albatross for nearly four years before jumping ship. He later met Captain Clare Davies, who was looking for a doctor aboard her ship at the time, and offered to join her. Since then, he has found himself aboard the Calypso.

Other: Up for love. He will occasionally entertain aboard the ship with a song after a victory or other cause for celebration - he's been told he has a decent voice.

Theme Song: Sons and Daughters - The Decemberists
Last edited by Maybe on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

I call a spot!!!!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Mela (mell-uh)

Position: Gunman, sailor

Personality: She's usually tough and proud, but if you know her well enough, she's funny and caring. She comes off as arrogant, but she's very insecure about if she belongs. She does her job well, though, and knows how to defend herself if things get rough.

Strengths: Light on her feet, quick, determined, loyal, good worker.

Weaknesses: Harsh, a touch violent, stubborn, not incredibly trusting, insecure.

Likes: being on open waters, accomplishment, her heritage, sleeping under the stars, being accepted.

Dislikes: being confined, failure, racism, being a "proper lady", cheaters.

Appearance: Wavy, messy blonde hair and dark green eyes, tall and thin, with muscular... everything. She has a bit of a rugged appearance, but is still very pretty.

Spoiler! :

History: She grew up in Ireland. On her thirteenth birthday, her entire family was slaughtered while she watched from hidden in a cupboard because her father was a pirate who had killed the man's brother. She ran as far as she could and started living off the streets. When she was eighteen, she joined the crew of the Calypso and has loved every second of it. She still thinks about and contemplates that night, six years ago, and has sworn to herself that she would find out who did it, and punish them.

Other: Is of Irish descent; wears soft leather pants and a loose, billowy black shirt. Also wears a ring with a star shaped black diamond. Up for love, but she's not throwing herself at it. She's content with keeping her position.

Theme Song: A Pain That I'm Used To, Depeche Mode
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

we need more DUDES
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Could I make another, a guy? To balance it out, since we need dudes.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:43 pm
Fox says...

I'll make a guy, but I can't right now.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

367 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:49 pm
Mizzle says...

Sure, NCM. Unless you have a saved spot above, the rest of the charries must be MEN.
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Name: Ryker

Position: Gunman/sailor

Personality: Ry seems easygoing at first, but if things take a turn for the worse, he becomes sharp and quick thinking. He's pretty confident, and can come off as overly so. He sees people for their personalities, not their pasts or what they can and can't do.

Strengths: strong, fast, has a good sense of direction, easy to get along with.

Weaknesses: a little lazy, rather clumsy, gets cranky when he's tired, a touch defiant.

Dislikes: people interrupting his peace, killing, people controlling him, the cold.

Appearance: Rumpled brown hair and bright blue eyes, tall and muscular, if a bit skinny. He doesn't make much of an effort with his looks, but doesn't exactly have to.

Spoiler! :

History: He lost his parents when he was eight in a fire. He ran away from the orphanage he was put in and lived in an inn from the hospitality of the landlady. Tired of his safe, boring life, he joined the crew of the Calypso when he was seventeen.

Other: Wears soft leather pants and a light blue, torn up shirt that usually goes mostly unbuttoned. Is usually in the crow's nest.

Theme Song: Break, Three Days Grace
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 pm
Durriedog says...

Name: David "Turtles" Pertins

Position: Gunman

Age (17 and older, unless you are the apprentice): 23

Personality: Ironic, sarcastic, cheerful, mischevious

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths include cool-headedness, weaknesses include him disliking controlling people, and he'll often make bad desicions if he's forced to make one

Likes/Dislikes: Likes food, drink and birds, dislikes chores (who doesn't?)

Appearance (no anime): He's an albino, with light blue eyes, pale skin and white hair that he tells people he got when he was scared by the captain creeping up on him. Baggy clothes, always has a heavy knife ready, skinny

Other: Turtle pendant made out of the shell of a large nut. Something rattles around inside it, but no one knows what it is and no one can open it. He often bets it when gamballing, and always gets it back. A 'lucky charm'. Keeps flirting with the captain, but he's been on the Calypso a long time and knows she's a softie at heart.

Theme Song (a song that describes your charrie): 66 Bottles of Beer, of course!
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn