z

Young Writers Society

Rock Band

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Ever~

Ever was the first to wake up the next morning. She opened her bright blue eyes and sat up slowly, carefull not to shift the bed. Not like it would matter, Shilo was one of the heaviest sleepers Ever knew other than her little sister. Ever's throat constricted at the thought of her sister. It was Elianna's birthday today. Ever would have to call her, and tell her where her present was, and all that stuff. She ran her tongue across the silver snake bite in the left hand corner of her bottom lip right as her stomach growled irratably.

Room service.

The thought ran through Ever's mind like a stampede. She hurried over to the phone and dialed the number for room service. "Hullo?" A voice answered in a deep, German accent.

"Hey, this is room 713, and I was wondering what y'all had for breakfast." The man cleared his throat, and Ever could see him obviously looking around the barren kitchen. It was, after all, six in the morning.

"Whatever you'd like madam." The man answered.

"Alrighty! I need... enough eggs to feed eight people, a buncha buncha bacon, some biscuits, hashbrowns, waffles, pankcakes, sausage and... lotsa fruit!" She grinned happily. Who cared if they didn't eat it all? At least she got a variety. "Oh, and when you get a second we'd also like a Triple-chocolate-chip Explosion Cake!"Her fingers twitched at the thought of the chocolate-y goodness they were all about to experience.

"Liebe, erhalten Sie alle die Köche gemeinsam diese sehr Zeit, wir haben eine riesige bestellen!" The man spoke in his native language, and then came back to the phone, "Alright, it will all be up by nine." Ever grinned and hung up after saying thank you, and then skipped into the living room to take a nap.

At precisely nine o'clock Ever shot to the door, two huge carts of food rolling in. Ever paid the tip and waited as the scent of food wafted throughout the room.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Shilo

I sniffed. Food? I mumbled something and sat up. Ever beamed. I mock-bowed to her, shouted, "Breakfast, boys!" into the other room, and grabbed a plate. Pancakes, sausage, hash browns. No eggs. I hated eggs. I sat on our bed crosslegged and dug in, too busy wolfing down my breakfast to notice the guys stumbling in. We all sat in about that area. Corey, being the little twit he was, dangled some scrambled eggs in front of my face. I wrinkled my nose and stuffed my face with ketchupy hash browns.

The guys from With Love, the other band, ate just as eagerly, if not more. I looked up to a -oh heavenly god- shirtless Corey. "Uh... hello." I said, and quickly got up and got more hash browns. Unfortunately. I ran smack dab into another shirtless guy. I apologized and dashed over to Ever, who I knew to be wearing a shirt.

"Why do guys have to sleep like that?" I complained.

" Cause they're idiots. Now come on, we got a show in two hours, and one two hours after that." Ever muttered. I groaned and grabbed a change of clothes and my makeup bag. I went into the master bath, shouting that if anyone came in, I'd personally beat them to death with my guitar.

Aren't I so sweet.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 pm
Fox says...

Sam

The other band was cool, but I was a little worried they were going to get in between our band. I mean, one of them was already hitting on Shi, and I'm sure one would fall for Ev. That would really mess things up. I knew that Corey and Shi liked each other, even if they wouldn't admit it. Anything could happen, but I just hoped this would be a good thing.

I walked over to the fridge to get another monster.

"So, what do you play?" One of the guys asked me.

"I play guitar. I mean, I know how to play a bunch of other things, but I like to just stick to that." I said simply to the others. They were sitting on the table in front of the couch. Corey had gone to sleep.

After a while, we all went to sleep. I wasn't too mad about getting to couch. It was actually kins comfortable.

When I woke up, I was on the floor. Apparently, I had rolled off the couch, and that explain why my head hurt. Ev and Shi were both up. They were in the bathrooms, though. I groaned and looked at the clock.

"Oh crud!" I shouted, getting up and rushing to the other room.

"Wake up, Corey!" I yelled. He just groaned and rolled to his other side. I got one of Ev's high heels and threw it at him.

"Dude, we have a concert in 1 hour!" I yelled. He bolted up and grabbed some clothes. I did the same and went to the bathroom.

"Hurry up, Ev!" I heard Corey yell. That meant that Shi was in this one. I knocked hard on the door.

"Hurry! I need in. It'll only take a sec." I said, pounding harder.

"Knocking harder won't get you anywhere." Shi said from inside. "I'm almost done. Just be patient. I groaned, but waited.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Shilo

I rubbed my finger in the lavender eye shadow section, and applied it lightly to my eyelid. I rinsed my finger off, dried it, and blended in some silver. My eye makeup was a delicate process, and I would allow no one else to do this particular style. I finished the look with a shimmery turquoise flaring up on the outside edges. It was usually the first thing you saw when you saw me, inspired from a lot of Hayley Williams' looks.

Ever poked her tongue out, carefully applying mascara. I was tempted to startle her just to mess it up, but decided not to and started applying eyeliner. Finally! Done. I was already dressed and ready, and now Ever was too. Today was a slim cut purple tee with black skinnies, and my knee high Converse. I loved those shoes. I walked out into me and Ever's room, picking up my bag.

"Guys, c'mon, show starts in an hour," I called, Ever on my heels. The boys cheered and raced for the bathroom. Sam got their first and slammed the door in their face, sticking his tongue out. The others shouted at him, except Corey, who had the smarts to go back to their room. Half an hour later, we were all ready. We piled into the tour bus and took turns battling each other on GH while we drove.

I was the first to grab a Monster when we got to the green room, and drained half of it before running through our songs with the band. Survive sounded good; we had all picked it up pretty easy. With Love had been ushered onstage, as they were the last band before us. They were on their third song, which meant we had some time before we had to go on, including the break between each band.

Which meant we had some time to hope Corey could forget Zoe momentarily, Sam would stop looking so dang thoughtful (probably about With Love) and Ever could get that last bass line down. Me?

Well, I was stuck with rallying up the band. Easiest one, lucky me.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 pm
Fox says...

Sam

When Shi and Ever walked out of the bathroom, I was stunned. They looked amazing. I didn't think they took concerts that seriously. I didn't say anything, though. I rushed into the bathroom. After 30 minutes, we were all ready to go.

It seemed like barely any time had passed before it was our turn. I wouldn't have realized it if Shi hadn't smacked me out of my thoughts. I was kinda glad that she did. I was in a deep thought about...

We were up on stage, ready to start. Ev and I strummed a few practice notes and Corey hit the drums to the beginning of Survive. Shi was running through the songs in her head and tapping her foot to their beats. I watched closely and Ev and I tried to guess what she was thinking of.

Finally, we were ready to start. I wasn't nearly as nervous as yesterday. It was all the same routine, but I was still worried I might mess up. Until the first song started. Again, that feeling came over and I just felt completely...free! I didn't have to think about what I was playing, I just enjoyed it.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Shilo

I gripped the mic in front of me with both hands. I only played guitar for a few songs, anyway. I sang the first lyrics of Thunder, our opening song. The only light was behind us, so you could only see our outlines. As we hit the guitar solo, pyrotechnics blazed up.

I loved how the intense heat felt on my back. I ramped up my volume twenty percent and kept it up, actually getting louder, even as we flowed seamlessly into Up. After it ended, I started talking to the audience, giving the band time to get ready.

"Hey! We got our first new song coming up now! First one written by our guitarist over here, Sam, and it rocks, if we do say so ourselves. " I said, just as loud. Hey, it was a big audience, alright? Really big. I glanced at the band, who nodded.

We were ready to play Survive.

We were ready to really get this party started.

We were ready to rock.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:33 am
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

The concert was going good. Next was Sam's song, the one we'd only had one night to memorize. I knew I was ready, and I could only hope the others had it down too. I trusted that they did as me and Sam began the opening beats to the song, with Ever strumming in ever few seconds.
We were going to rock this, I grinned, gaining momentum in the drums before Shi started to belt out the first chorus, her voice as beautiful as she looked today.
I grinned, bobbing my head to the song. Sam's song was, well, it was great.
The crowd was screaming.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am

Shilo

As soon as the last fan left for intermission, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Survive was a tough song to sing, full of long notes, but that just made it more fun. Corey- and the entire band, for that matter- looked exhausted, so I passed out Monsters. We exchanged some small talk before changing for the second half of the concert, all of us a little worn out. By the time we got back on stage, though, the Monster had done its job, and we were all back on live-performance-mode.

When Angels started, I grinned in the dark. Concerts were the funnest things EVER. I tapped my heel and sang into the mic, letting my voice sound mysterious, almost husky. It was the voice I used for sad, dark, and angry songs, like Angels. Ever's bass sent goosebumps down my arms, as usual, and Sam's eerie guitar solo weirded everyone out a little. Corey just smiled and drummed the dark rhythm.

By the time we reached Can You See, the crowd had started screaming non-stop. No lapses. I was glad for the earpiece firmly pressed in, because I would've messed up my pitch or something otherwise. But I wouldn't have cared, because this was too much fun.

I loved concerts.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:02 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ever~

Once the concert was finally over, Ever limped backstage. So much for pulling a backflip. She'd tried to kick off for a backflip on one of the amps, but unfortunately, and quite unprofessionally, it wasn't bolted down. Thus resulting in a twisted ankle. "You okay?" One of the guys, Cody Greene, from the other band asked, smiling down at Ever with concern.

"Y-eah," she winced, sitting down. Shilo plopped down beside her grinning ear-to-ear but concern evident in her eyes as Cody sat down on Ever's right.

"Maybe we should get it checked out," the bassist of With Love, Tatum, sat down on Shilo's left. "It's lookin' a little swollen right here." He pointed it out on Ever's ankle, where bruising was taking place. Corey was glaring at Tatum with an intensity unknown, while Sam, Andrew, and Logan all laid around, talking.

"Yeah, it does look a bit swollen." Jim walked in. "I'm taking all of you to the next gig, With Love's bus driver caught a nasty from the chinese restraunt down the street. In pretty bad condition, kinda like With Love's johnny at the moment." By johnny he obviously meant toilet. Ever got sick at the thought. "We'll stop at a walk in clinic maybe. He have about six hours to waste between here and actually making it to the next gig."
George Bernard Shaw

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 am
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

Who did the guys from the other band think they were? Sitting next to MY Shil--oh, crap. Did I just use the possessive form on my best friend? Truth was, I was falling for her. I'd know she liked me for years, but it never really mattered because I had Zoe. But now that Zoe was gone and I knew things weren't going to change between me and her, Shi was, well, the new Zoe.
Except she didn't know I liked her. Which complicated things.
Tatum sat down next to Shi, and I glowered.
Jim told us he'd be driving all of us to the next venue. Great, I thought. The guys have more time to hang around my--I needed to stop calling her mine.
We loaded into the bus. Sam went over and plopped down on the couch, as well as two of the guys from the other band. One of them stayed with Shi and Ever as they plopped down at the table. I sat on the floor with the songbook open and started writing a song.
It was the first song about a girl other than Zoe.
It was beautiful.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 am

Shilo

I gave Ev a couple of painkillers and walked over to Cor. He was scanning over the newest addition in the songbook. I tried to take it- we always read each other's songs. He scrambled up and held it high over his head so I couldn't reach.

"You're not allowed to see it!"

I jumped and strained for it. "Why... not?!" I panted, reaching up.

"Just trust me!"

"NO! Give -it- to- me!" I grunted, reaching up each time I paused. Finally, I tried to tackle him. He threw the journal to Sam, who caught it and ran. I jumped off Cor's chest and scrambled after Sam, screaming that I would murder them all if they didn't give me the god dang book. Tatum and Cody looked at the others.

"Is this... normal?"

"Well, usually she's not this ticked, but basically."

I let out a battle cry and huffed back to the lounge. Ever smiled sympathetically. Tatum patted my shoulder. Corey, just now sitting up, bristled.

Oh god. Please tell me I didn't have guys fighting over me.

PLEASE.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:40 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ever~

Ever was heavily sedated, her head lolling as she leaded against Cody. She was mumbling a bunch of jibberish, the pain in her ankle dulled, like all her senses. At one point, one of the guys threw a rubber ball at her, and she tried to catch it AFTER it'd hit her in the head.

"Hola my liebe!" Ever grinned over at Shi, speaking three languages at once. She spun around, her head in Shi's lap, and her legs over Cody's lap. "Shilo!" She whined, trying to get Tatum and Corey's emotions to CALM down.

"Yeah?" Shilo smiled brilliantly down at her.

"I need," she gripped her throat like she was dying and began to talk in a very Smeagle-like voice, "water. My precious water I need!" She rasped, her smile weak and eyes rolling.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 am

Shilo

I clamped a hand over my mouth to keep from cracking up. Those painkillers sure were effective. I got a glass of water and came back to a whining Ever.

"Shi-shi.... you hurt my head... don't get up so fast..." she moaned. I snickered. She barely ever called me Shi-shi, and when she did, it was to embarrass me. Unfortunately, her current state of mental health sort of prohibited that.I handed her the water (she nearly spilled it all down her front). She took it and slurped it down. I pressed a hand to my face.

"Shi-shi... don't facepalm... it kills... brain cells..." she mumbled.

I laughed. "Ev, I think you need to take a nap. When you wake up, we'll be at the show, and you'll feel better. Alright?"

"Mah huh."

I shooed Cody off the couch and laid Ever down, dropping a blanket over her.

"Thank oo." she mumbled.

"What friends are for," I answered with a smile. Then I noticed something.

Corey was smiling at me.

Like he did at Zoe when they were together.

And Tatum was growling at Corey.

Oooohhh.... insert moan/groan/screaming bloody murder here.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Fox says...

Sam

I felt great after the concert, but I felt really bad for Ever. She was now flopping around all loopily. It was kinda funny.

My great mood was killed, though. The other band was hitting on both Shilo and Ever. It was terrible!

I pulled Corey into a separate room to talk to him.

"Dude, you know what's going on right?" I asked. "With Love has been hitting on Ever and Shilo since they came!"

"I know! Who do they think they are?" Corey said angrily.

"We need to do something about it. They're messing with our band. I don't want anything to change between us all."

Corey nodded in agreement.

"There's one problem, though." he said.

"What's that?"

"I have no idea how we're going to stop it. This is the best gig we could get. I don't want to mess it up."

I sighed. He was right.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Shilo

I shook Ever's shoulder. "Evs. Evi. EVER!" She bolted straight up.

"Mmrghulwha?"

"We're here, sweet pea. You gotta get up now." I handed her a brush and her makeup bag and ushered her into the bathroom. She mumbled something and started touching up. I smiled and walked back to the kitchen. When I came back, Ever was swaying on the couch, not falling flat on her face due only to Cody catching her right before she could topple. I passed around Monsters and sat down.

I felt something snake around my waist. Not stopping to think, I grabbed it and threw it to the ground. I slammed my foot on... Tatum? My eyes narrowed. Corey looked like he was about burst into flames, but rip Tatum to shreds before he did so. I tossed him back on the couch.

"Never, EVER, try that again!" I snapped, and stormed into the bathroom. I stepped into the shower and curled up in the back, sniffling and fighting away tears.

I had liked Corey as long as I had known him, but I knew he still loved that two face Zoe. I didn't want anyone else, and I knew Corey was only mad because I was like his little sister. I blamed hormones for all of this, and that god dang curse they call love.

I hated it all.

Ever walked in, looking sane again. "Shi?"

I made a half-whimper, half-sob as a response. She spotted me and walked over. She sat in front of me and opened her arms. I buried myself in her, crying into her shoulder.

"Guys are idiots, I know, Shi-shi." she whispered, stroking my hair. She pulled away and handed me a Monster. "We're here, hun. Drink up, and we can go to the green room, alright? And I'll kill any jerk who tries that on you." I smiled and took the can, draining half of it. I took her outstretched hand and walked with her to the green room, her arm around my shoulders and my head on her shoulder.

I would probably die without Evs.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss