z

Young Writers Society

Rock Band

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Plot: You're a member of the band the Youth. Through tears, frustration, and countless cans of energy drinks, you've finally gotten signed to record label, released your first album, and are going on your first tour. You're on of the most popular rock bands out there, and now, you're hitting the road.

Rules

No awkward moments... you know what I mean.

No godmodding- everyone has their flaws.

No swearing, please!

Usual YWS rules.

Spots

Guitarist: Fox-Sam (male)

Bassist: chupatoasta- Ever (female)

Vocalist: Me- Shilo (female)

Drummer: Mizzle- Corey (Male)

Max band members is FOUR. F-O-U-R. No more.

Character Template

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Position:

Strengths/Likes:

Weaknesses/ Hates:

Other:

Thanks, and have fun on tour!
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 am
Fox says...

Name: Sam Jones

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's really nice, but fun-loving too. He's always in the mood to rock out. Sometimes, he can be stubborn, but he's normally patient.

History: His life was normal, and he would always dream of playing in a band. His dream finally came true.

Position: Mainly guitar, but drums in a few songs (If that's okay.)

Likes/Strengths: Likes-his band, his guitar, and his fans
Strengths-he's good at playing guitar and the piano and sometimes plays drums

Hates/Weaknesses: Hates-when lights get right in his eyes, when people are mean and annoying, and when he messes up on stage
Weaknesses-not very flexible, clumsy, and gets air and car sick a lot.

Theme Song: ???-I don't quite understand, but I'll try to find one

Other: He has a whole collection of guitars, but this is his lucky one, the one he uses during concerts-
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Fox on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Ever Grace Ashanti

Age (17-19): 17

Appearance: Short, curvy, and loud xD

Spoiler! :

Personality/History: As a little girl, Ever was one of those kids all the moms shook their head at at the way she played alone in the park, her parents paying no mind to her. In middle school she was constantly labeled it. She cut, dyed her hair crazy colors, the whole nine yards. Her real father walked out when Ever was born. Her step-father was an abuser, constantly beating her, her mother, and occasionally Ever's little half sister when Ever wasn't home. Ever's mother was so overloaded with work and so many other things, Ever never really got to spend mother-daughter time with her. Coupling with the abuse, mentally and physically, Ever began to cut. She wanted a release from all of it. When eigth grade, Ever hated Shilo. Absolutely hated her. Despite hating her, Shilo was constantly over at Ever's house, since they were next door neighbors, asking if she and her friends could play some songs in Ever's basement.

When highschool started, the abuse got worse, but after playing her bass guitar in sync with the guys and Shilo one day, Ever and Shilo were almost insta-friends, Ever having realized how stupid she was to push away amazing people like Shilo and the guys away. Ever was there for Shilo when her dad left, but Shilo returned the favor in their sophomore year.

In tenth grade, Ever's step-father had began to sexually abuse her. Shortly after her mom found out, her step-father was kicked to the curb. Soon after that, Ever found out she was pregnant. Feeling like damaged goods, one night, while her mom and little sister where out of town, Ever slipped into the bath, and yes, she slit her wrists. Shilo hadn't made plans to spend the night, but came over to the house anyway. Upon hearing Ever's blasting music, she knew Ever was in the shower, or bath. Shilo knocked on the door, but ever didn't reply. Shilo eventually found the key and unlocked the door, barely saving Ever's life.

Shorty afterwards, Ever miscarriaged while in the hospital to be treated for the loss of blood and the cuts. Since then, Ever's acted as though nothing happens. She still flinches at the thought of everything though.

Now, she's a happy-go-lucky person, loving to be with her family and friends, but dreading her passed.

Position: Bassist

Likes/Strengths: Loves- sugar, kids, fans, friends, family, her guitar, and performing
Strengths- rocking out on bass, moving around constantly, smart about her actions, annnd smart in general xD

Hates/Weaknesses: Hates- pricks, snobs, rich kids, druggies and alcoholics
Weaknesses- constantly tripping over stuff (she's not clumsy, just doesn't watch where she's going)

Theme Song: Stay Awake - All Time Low

Other: Up for love? I mean, is that okay in a band? x.x

Spoiler! :
Her purple bass guitar
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:00 am

Name: Shilo Parker

Age (17-19): 17

Appearance (picture and/or description, no anime): Blonde, slim, dark blue eyes. Picture without piercing.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Spunky, feisty, outgoing, and energetic, Shi's the one to cheer the band up, or offer up an idea for some fun. She hates being bored, and has a loving relationship established with energy drinks.

History: Her dad left her family with another woman when she was fifteen; she formed the band with her closest friends.

Position: Guitar, vocals

Likes/Strengths: L: fun, energy drinks, adrenaline rushes, performing live.
S: singing, guitar, cheering people up, making people laugh.

Hates/Weaknesses: H: being bored, heat, feeling sick, snobs and jerks.
W: a bit clumsy, relies heavily on caffeine, impatient, will fall asleep easily when not super vamped.

Theme Song: Savior, Rise Against

Other: Performs with this guitar; her mic is black with bright purple stars:

Spoiler! :

Always wears this necklace:

Spoiler! :
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 am

Yay for Mizzie!
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:02 am
Mizzle says...

Okay, NCM said it's okay if I'm the drummer. But I want to change his profile a little bit, so here is the real drummer's profile:

Name: Corey Flint

Appearance: Slightly tanned & musceled, kind of lean. Tall (he's 5"9). Blond hair and blue/teal eyes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Quiet, but funny and sweet. Cor loves performing, and is often the main songwriter. He's known for his quiet humor, and ability to make anyone smile.

History: He grew up in a small family, with his big brother (who's a good friend of the band) and dad. His mom died when he was 12. Joined the band at age 16, when Shilo formed it.

Position: Drums, songwriter, does vocals now and then.

Likes/Strengths:
L: the band members, his drum set, performing, writing songs, singing
S: Drums, vocals, songwriting, making people laugh

Hates/Weaknesses:
H: being interrupted, preppy girls, Coke Zero, messing up
W: stubborn, a little overconfident, and can come off as cold if he's in a bad mood

Theme Song: Meant to Live by Switchfoot (its also his favorite song!)

Other: Sort of broken because his girlfriend just broke up with him.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Shilo

I threw a pillow at Ever. "Stop making me laugh! I'm trying to pack!" I snapped, fighting a smile. Ever, being the only female friend I had (shut up, I'm weird like that), was in my room, helping me decide what stayed at home and what went on tour with us. The guys were downstairs, most likely demolishing my refrigerator. That was fine by me, as long as they left my applesauce alone.

Ever handed me my notebook. I had had it since I started the band, and it showed. A big ol' "Executive Records" sticker was slapped on the cover lopsidedly, and partially spray painted over. I tucked it lovingly in my backpack and started packing my pajamas. A few pairs of sleep pants and gym shorts, a bunch of t-shirts and tanks that I rarely wore: check.

Ever would hand me items from time to time, and we would reminisce, and then one of us would crack the other up, and we would keep packing. A simple, four step plan that's super-effective!

Anyway.

When I was five pairs of jeans and seven tees short of completion, Corey and Sam bust in, looking ready to explode. "Are you finished?" Sam demanded, glaring intently at my white throw blanket, stained blue with god-knows-what.

I smushed my jet black tee (that had been massacred with neon spray paint) into a corner and shifted my gaze to him. "Am now. Let's go, crew!" I said cheerfully and hauled my backpack on my shoulder and pulling my suitcase behind me, my guitar case strapped to my case.

Time to tour.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 pm
Fox says...

I changed my character's name. The other one just didn't seem to fit him.

Sam

"Are you finished?" I demand, but a smile is on my face.

"Am now. Let's go, crew!" Shilo said. We all started walking out the door.

"Girls take forever." Corey said with a laugh.

"Excuse us for wanting to be properly prepared. Something could come up, and we might need something. Anything could happen." Ever said.

"Whatever. Let's just hurry." I said. On the way out, Shilo grabbed a whole jar of applesauce.

"You're crazy." I said. "But of course that's why we all love you. Now onto the bus!" I pointed to the big tour bus outside as we headed for it. The doors opened and we climbed aboard. I went immediately to the couch.

"You're so lazy!" Shilo said, hitting me. I just laughed.

"This is going to be fun." Corey said.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Shilo

I was glad everyone seemed so happy. I smiled at the driver and gave him a cup of applesauce, then went back to what we had dubbed "The Lounge", mainly because the word "lounge" sounds cool. I wiggled my iPod onto the dock and scanned through my library. I finally chose a Kerli song and let my iHome play it.

"Alright guys, we have to go see the big man before we head out, so hop on in." the driver (whose name was Jim) told us. We all groaned and slipped out the doors. We were in front of an important looking building with the words "Executive Records" over the doorway. I led our procession up to the fifth floor, and into Antony Hopper's office.

He was putting a phone back in the cradle when we walked in. "So! We all set?" he asked. We nodded. You never knew what was okay and what wasn't with Antony.

"Good! The set list's in the bus, so practice those songs, and, uh, have fun!"

He shooed us out, and we didn't resist. When we were safely within the metal walls of the bus, Ever groaned, "Remind me why he's our manager?"

"Because he's Dave's boss, and there's no one else who we could get signed with." Corey said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, right."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:38 pm
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint, drummer:

After meeting with our "brilliant" manager for the last time before the tour officially started, we headed back down to the bus and loaded in again. All four of us head back to the part of the bus we had dubbed as the lounge; Shilo's reasoning for calling it the Lounge was because it sounded "cool". I shook my head, grinning.
The doors to the bus closed behind us, and we started out on the road again. First stop...I coughed. What was our first show?
I turned to Sam. "Where's our first show at again?"
Sam ignored because Ever had just found the song list we were supposed to practice. I came up and read the list over with everyone else, and then sighed. Most of the songs were ones I had written, which was pretty cool. I only hoped they were good enough.
Zoe had thought they were good...at one point. But when she'd broken up with me, she'd told me I was a terrible songwriter and she'd hated all the songs I'd ever dedicated to her.
I gulped, and left their little grouping as they read over the songs. I grabbed my drum sticks from my pocket and tapped them on the table, bored, and trying to ignore all Zoe-related thoughts.
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Shilo

After scanning over the set list (I cannot stress enough that our manager is insane), I headed back to the Lounge. Corey had zoned out and was tapping his drum sticks on the table absentmindedly. I sat down acroos from him.

"Cor?"

"Mm." he grunted.

"What's up?"

"Zo."

I tried not to groan. Corey had been like this ever since Zoe had dumped him, and it drove me insane. I climbed on the couch and, with a great deal of effort, got my backpack down. I scavenged through it until my hand met the object I was looking for.

"AHA!" I yelled for the band to hear, then dashed over to Corey. I took the drumstick out of his hand and replaced it with a pen. I slid our Song Book in front of him and flipped it to a new page.

"Corey,"

"Muh?"

"Write."

He snapped out of his trance.

"Write...oh, yeah, uh, I can do that. I can, uh, write." he fumbled out, pen already skidding across the page.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

I watched as Shilo grabbed my drumsticks from me and put a pen in my head instead. She slid the songbook to an empty page and sat it in front of me.
"Corey?" She said.
"Yeah?" I said, sort of dull at the memories of Zo.
"Write." She stood a few feet away as I started to move the pen across the page, words already coming into my mind...
"Write? Uh, yeah, I can, uh, do that. I can, uh, write," I mumbled, and continued moving the pen as Shilo watched me kindly.
The song was halfway written (record time, but I almost didn't wish I had something to write about...I'd written songs about Zo before, but they were happy...this was heartbreak fueling me now), when I started to tear up. I bit my lip. Dang, I thought, grow up--your a guy!
Guys didn't cry. That was a total girl thing. So I stopped the tears welling in my eyes and pressed the pen harder into the page, writing the final two choruses to the song, and throwing the song book to Shilo, with the pen in the page I had just wrote on. Shilo flipped open to the page with the pen and started reading. She finally closed it and looked at me, sort of sad.
"Corey."
"Yeah?" I mumbled. The song was probably terrible.
"This is terrible." I had almost guessed her words...what I didn't guess was her next ones. "The song is great, yeah, but this whole depressed state you are in is terrible. What was so special about Zo anyways?"
Shiloh liked the song? It was good to know I hadn't created a disaster of a song. Sam and Ever quietly grabbed the songbook from Shilo so they could read the new song, too.
"What's so special about Zo?" I repeated, dull. "Everything, Shilo."
Sam and Ever looked up from the song book.
"Love it!" Ever grinned, not matching my mood at all. I rolled my eyes.
Sam came over and slapped the back of my head. "It's awesome. We should get the manager dude to let us play it at the next show."
"Guys!" Shilo sighed. "Help me cheer Cor up..."
I rolled my eyes again, and plopped down on the couch, missing Zo. Shilo saw it in my eyes.
✯ ✯ ✯

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ever~

Ever dropped the song book and clambered up from her seat beside Sam, running to the refrigorator in the kitchen. There was a kitchen, in the bus! Amazing! Simply amazing! She looked around the freezer, shuffling until she found Corey's favorite flavor of ice cream. It was upon her own requested that the freezer was stocked with ice cream. She took the whole tub of creamy-goodness over to Corey, sitting down beside him. She'd only had one actual relationship in her life, and after the guy broke up with her, she cured her depression with a little ice cream.

"Oh God Ev," Sam groaned, rolling his eyes. "Only chicks eat ice cream for a broken heart." The dork went back to strumming his guitar slowly.

"Hey," she pointed a spoon at him, "Ice cream cures everyone and everything!" She looked over at Corey, smiling sweetly, her hyperness hidden. "Here," she smiled softly, Corey taking the icecream with a gentle smile. He had that I'll-just-eat-a-little-so-I-don't-hurt-her-feeling look in his eyes and Ever threw herself onto the couch beside him, snuggling up in a best friend manner, and rubbing his back soothingly. "The best thing, is to just forget about it. There's a world full of girls out there, better than Zoe." Really, all she wanted to do when she thought of Zoe was tear the girl apart with insults on how she treated Corey. "You'll find Miss Right!" At this, Ever smiled brightly, and glanced over at Shilo, who had a brow risen as she took a carefull seat beside Corey.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:40 am

Shilo

I wanted to pout. It had worked on mom when I wanted attention, and I needed it now. I had never liked Zoe, or the way she looked at me and Ever during rehearsals, like we were freaks, and the way she intentionally took Cor away from us. Of course, I could never tell him that, because he'd hate me for all eternity.

So I scolded the band, gave Corey some chocolate (as Ever says, chocolate and ice cream cure everyone and everything), and even offered to -shudder- call Zoe for him. I put on the TV and let it blare (I don't know how Jim puts up with us) and played Uno with him and the band. I let him beat me every time.

I hated seeing Corey so... ugh. I didn't know, exactly, but I hated it all the same. The song had been breathtaking, one of his best works yet, but I was going to kill Zoe for giving him a reason to write it. When he finally crashed on the couch, I curled up on the floor in front of it. Ever sat next to me while Sam showed, quite literally, no mercy on Guitar Hero.

"This is bad." I said, shooting Corey a concerned glance.

"I know, Shi." Ever said, starting to play with my hair.

"I don't want him to be like this, Evs," I said, biting my lip.

"I don't either."

We stopped talking. It was weird how that always happened- we would both know exactly what to say, and say it, then know that the other needed peace for a while. In sophomore year we had both needed it, and that's when our peace-need-senses developed, me getting over my dad, and Ev... well, Ev with her own problems.

We were best friends. It was our duty.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 am
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

They'd tried to cheer me up with ice cream, chocolate, Uno, but honestly, nothing was going to change that I was still broken over the break-up. I wanted Zoe to be here, though she'd have never agreed to it, even if there was a mani/pedi salon in the back. She'd always hated the band, which had been one of my biggest issues with her.
Actually, my only issue. The band was like my family...best friends for life, and all, so having Zo hate them had hurt. But I'd gotten over it, because I'd loved her. Part of me still did, too.
I sighed, and crashed on the couch. I didn't normally dream, I mean, sure, when I was a kid, I did. But I dreamed about Zoe tonight...and Shilo, too. I woke up, bewildered as the dream ended. Because in the dream, it wasn't Zo I loved, it was Shilo.
Everyone was still up. I moaned and sat up, careful because Shilo was lying on the floor right by the couch. Ever was watching Sam play Guitar Hero. Shilo seemed like she was about to crash. It was weird looking at her after the dream...like, yeah.
"What'd I miss?" I asked. "Did you call Zo?"
Shilo sighed lightly. "Not yet, it's 3 AM. She'd be mad."
I bit my lip. "Don't even call her, 'kay?" I knew Zo would give Shilo and Ever and Sam the evil treatment, especially since I was on her bad side now.
Sam froze and his point lowered on Guitar Hero. He turned to me. "Wha--wait. You don't want us to talk to Zoe for you?"
"No." I smirked. "She's a---"
"Lanuage!" Ever grinned.
Sam said, "You were in love with her two seconds ago. What changed?"
"I dunno," I shrugged...knowing I still was in love with Zoe....wasn't I?
Plus, I didn't tell them that I was going to call Zo myself.
✯ ✯ ✯

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27