z

Young Writers Society

Rock Band

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:55 pm
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

It was official. The guys of With Love needed to be taught a lesson. Especially Tatum. I glowered as I quickly changed in the back room of the bus with the door locked. I slipped into a pair of loose, dark washed jeans with rips all over the knee and calf area. The shirt I threw on was white and over that I put on my slick leather jacket, leaving it open. I ripped out the song I'd written about Shi from the songbook and stuffed it into my jean's pocket.
Maybe it was time to give it to her, just to make sure the sharks would stay away.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Shilo

Ever eased me gently onto the couch, handing me another can. I took a sip and curled my legs up, still feeling utterly miserable. Ever sat down next to me, bass in hand, and shot glares at every male in the room. With Love had been seated in here, as they weren't supposed to go onstage yet. Three more songs, and they'd go.

I fished around in the bag for the songbook. Finding it, I wiped at my teary eyes and flipped to a new page. I took the pen from the duct-taped binding and started to write, line by line. Ever rubbed my back until With Love left, and I closed the songbook carefully. I slipped it back in my bag and leaned my head back.

I hummed the lyrics (yes, it is possible) and tried to pep myself up. I downed the rest of the can and watched as the others did the same. I rolled my head around and jumped and down a little as the others did their own pep-up routines. I kept one earbud in my ear, reviewing each song, and Ever was carefully playing out the songs, as was Sam. Corey sat on the couch, eyes closed, feet and hands moving like they would for each song.

And here we went again.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

367 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:26 pm
Mizzle says...

**Did she read Corey's song? Why is she crying?**
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:32 pm

>Crying because she thinks Corey sees her as a little sister. It's all hormonal. Trust me, tears are imminent when dealing with love and hormones. *snort*<
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:16 pm
Fox says...

IGNORE!!!
Last edited by Fox on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:41 pm

>> Fox, that's not what's going on, I think... <<
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

367 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:12 pm
Mizzle says...

Corey Flint:

We waited for our queue to go on stage. However, seeing as Jim had gotten us here slightly early, I had about forty five minutes alone in the dressing room with Shi, Ever, Sam, and...last AND least, the With Love dudes. I snorted, and then walked over to where Shi was sitting, crying.
I sat down on the couch next to her, and hugged her. "What's wrong, Shi?" I hated seeing her like this; such a beautiful mess, she shouldn't be crying.
Shi tried to swallow her tears and shook her head, letting her hair fall between us like a curtain. "N-nothing, Cor."
I rolled my eyes and sat the songbook in her lap, a rose pressed into the page where I'd just written the song about Shi.
"Here, read the last song." I smiled nervously. "Maybe it'll make things better."
I watched with baited breath as she started to read the song...
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Shilo

I'll admit the rose sort of gave everything away. But the lyrics... god dang it, Cor! Why'd you have to be such a good writer? I bit my lip and sucked in my breath. I closed the songbook carefully (we would have to replace the tape soon), slipped it in my bag, turned myself around, and buried my face in Corey's shoulder. I tried not to cry, but a few leftover tears tumbled out. I apologized (to which Corey snorted) and fingered the petals of the rose. They felt like velvet.

I could tell Ever was smirking, so I said, "Ever, quit smiling." into Cor's tee. I could feel him laugh. I thought I heard Sam whisper, "Finally!" but I ignored him. I sat up.

"Do not think for a second this means I will let you beat me at Guitar Hero." I said, tapping his chest with narrowed eyes.

He rolled his eyes, smiling. "Of course not, Lo."

A black-clad woman entered. "Youth, y'all are up in fifteen. With Love-" -Corey and Sam growled- "has a few more songs, so get ready."

Well! Glad that's cleared up.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 pm
Fox says...

UGH!! Sorry. I'm not a very good reader. I guess I accidentally skipped a few posts. SORRY!!! Just ignore that post. What exactly is going on???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 pm

They're about to go onstage, Corey gave Shi the song.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm
Fox says...

Sorry. *hits myself in the head* I'm stupid.

Sam

It was a little awkward now that Corey gave Shi the song. Now they knew they both liked each other. I had a feeling things would be different now, but at least it wasn't one of those stupid With Love people that Shi was in love with.

We walked onto the stage, ready to play. Something about this concert felt different to me. I guess just knowing that things could change from the way they were before made me nervous. I knew that once we started playing things would feel better.

((I went to the midnight premier of Eclipse. OMG! It was AWESOME!!!))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:39 am

Shilo

I beamed silently in the pre-show darkness, holding the mic steady. I felt better singing now than I had yet in this tour, except maybe our first show.

Maybe.

My voice stayed in key, and hit every note. My breathing was timed just so, so I had no problems holding any notes, or with my volume. There was a moment, in the third chorus of Thunder, where I had to belt out a Decode-esque "YEAAAAAH!" that made me feel like I was made purely of air, and wind, and sound.

Incredible. Truly amazing.

I felt alive when I performed; not alive like "oh, I'm awake!". More like the adrenaline rush that never ended. It's the best feeling in the world, hands down.

I started talking animatedly to the crowd after Thunder while the others geared up for round 2: Whabam.

GOD, I loved concerts.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm
Fox says...

Sam

I felt free on stage, just as I knew I would. Everything felt perfectly fine, like there was nothing to worry about. Shi was doing great. We all were.

Next up was Survive. That was my least favorite song, but it was better than the one Corey wrote for Zoey. That one made everything really awkward, and we all got nervous whenever we played it. We were all glad that was out now. That's the only reason I showed them Survive.

We played through all the songs smoothly, and finally it was all over. I was glad when it was. There were a lot of things I had to think about, and it had been harder to concentrate them normal while we played. I walked into the tour bus, and everyone else followed, smiles on all their faces. I didn't really want to talk, so I headed to the back, hoping nobody would really notice me.

Corey got out his video camera. What he really needed to do was get someone to video one of our concerts with that thing. That would bring back good memories later on. I reached into my bag and got out my camera, realizing that I didn't have any pictures of the band. I liked taking pictures, only because I wanted to have stuff to look back at when I was all old and about to die. I put it back into my bag. That could wait until we got to the hotel. I didn't really want to do anything right now.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles