z

Young Writers Society

DeCelion, A School of Magic

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tristan- Fire

I stared at the ceiling, laying flat on my back. I was making butterflies out of purple fire and letting them flutter around the room. I smiled. I remembered my older sister's words. Fire isn't destruction. It's beauty and life, Tris. Remember that, please, when you go.

One butterfly landed on my nose, its luminescent wings beating steadily. I blew on it, and it fluttered off again. School didn't start for almost half an hour, and I wanted to work on the outlines of my creatures. When I had first started making them, I could only have them lay in my hand, in one pattern. Now they could move around as they wished and each looked different from the next.

I wondered how anyone else would react to seeing a girl shape a butterfly out of flames with her hands and send it flying around her room.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 2
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:30 pm
RedSun says...

Name: Adelle Casein (pronounced ah-dell)

Personality: She is sweet, and has a big heart. She's a dreamer, and loves to imagine good things. She is positive, and looks at the beauty in the world. She can be a little ignorant, though, to suffering. She looks at everything through happy eyes, and always finds the silver lining in a cloud. She's a person that's easy to love, and makes friends quickly. She doesn't take much for granted.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Element: water

Up For Love?: definitely

Other: She loves telling stories, and has a good imagination.

Reviews: 2
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:32 pm
RedSun says...

A picture for sunstarfrozenlife:

Spoiler! :

http://www.charlesbakeractor.com/images ... ics/01.jpg

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

Colleen

I was in the bathroom, cleaning up my mess. I had been playing with water, up early as usual. Then my alarm went off, startling me and making me drop the water. I held my hand up, watching the water flow upwards like a stream. School on half an hour and i needed to change. I shoved the water down the drain and ran to my dresser. I wasn't picky so i settled for the usual. School had better be interesting today. I remembered my mothers last words Water flows freely, and i must let you flow with it, every fork in the stream will lead you down a new path, always follow the flow. I held the pendant in my hand. This was my adventure, i would let it lead me to where i needed to go.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:48 am
Fox says...

Autumn-Fire

I walked mindlessly around the school building, waiting for the bell to ring. I came across Tristan who was making butterflies out of fire. She giggled as one laded on her nose, then blew it off.

I lay down on the ground beside her, watching her butterflies.

"It's pretty cool how you can do that." I commented. The butterflies fluttered in front of my face, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Thanks. It was hard." Tristan said with a smile. We didn't look at each other, we just watched the butterflies as they flew around.

I sighed. I knew that I would never be able to do anything like that. I was terrible at controlling and using fire, and I hated it. Fire was destruction. Nothing good came out of it. I started to cry, remembering how my parents died. A fire had burned down our house, and I couldn't stop it. The memory danced inside my head. There was nothing I could do.

I got up. The bell was about to ring.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Fox found a good picture for Conall and posted it near the front thats the one I'll use, except with brown hair. Thanks. ^_^

Katie

When I woke up I could hardly breath from how much the dream had impacted me once more. That stupid reaccuring dream. I sat up, closed my eyes, and summoned some air towards me to help my breathing to get more regular.

Of course, I was going to be late again, I thought regretfully as I glanced towards the clock. I jumped up and pulled on whatever clothes I could find. The bell rang just as I finished combing my hair.

"Crap," I sighed. Not again.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Conall

Morning. Class. Boring. These were the usual three words that passed through my mind as I heard the bell ring and walked into my first class, which took place in a classroom instead of my usual outdoor classes. And then the words repeated when I saw my teacher. And suddenly stopped abruptly as I saw my two best friends, Kaylan and Echre, who's name sounded more like a sneeze than a real name.

"Hurry," Kaylan hissed. I threw myself into a chair between her and Ech just as the teacher turned around. Yes, I thought silently. Conall Aracher does it again.

Kaylan rolled her eyes. She knew exactly what I was thinking.

I grinned and shrugged.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:49 pm
Fox says...

Autumn

The bell rang, and I walked into my first class. I was the first one there, as usual, and I took my seat at the very back of the classroom.

((UGH!!! SORRY! I HAVE TO GO! I'll finish this post later, k?!?! SORRY!))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:53 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

Running through the halls, barefooted of course, I just made it to class. The bell rang just as I threw open the door. Letting out a satisfied breath of air I smoothed my hair back and took my seat.

*Sorry it's short*
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Tristan

I ran down the hall, almost literally blazing, and spotted my first class. I mentally screamed at myself to "GO, GO, GO!!!" and jumped over three desks to fall into mine, just as the bell rang. I sighed and sank sown, licks of blue and purple brushing the air.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

Colleen

I bolted to my class, i was going to be so late! I pulled my canteen in front of me and unscrewed the top. I moved my hand out in front of me and it hit the floor going all the way down the hall to the classroom. I crunched my hand into a fist and it froze instantly, i stopped running and braced myself as i slid across the ground. I looked back and held out my hand, melting the water and making it flow uptowards my hand. I ended up slamming against the door. I held my hand against the rim of the canteen. I watched as the water flowed like a stramed into the canteen and i opened the door. The teacher looked up to me as i screwed the top on.
"It's nice of you to join us." I blushed and sat.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Tristan

I smiled sympathetically at Colleen as she sank down in her seat. Her hair was mussed, her eyes were jumpy, and her hands looked unnaturally shiny. I scribbled on a folded up piece of loose leaf and passed it to her.

Someone used their powers.

She rolled her eyes and wrote a response under the desk.

I was going to be late, what else would I do?

I chuckled.

Experimenting again, I assume?

You know me way too well.

I try.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 pm

If anyone feels left out or just wants to jump in, you can get kicked out of class and talk with Katie. haha.

Katie

The whole class was spent drawing on the side of my desk. I never listened much to this one- I didn't care about the history of my power. I cared about using it, and in this class, not a lot of that was going on.

"Ms. Rendall, could you please tell me the origin of DeCelion?"

I froze. "Um, yes, ma'am," I said, trying to bide myself some time. "It was made by a man who... um..." my voice trailed off.

She looked towards me coldly and began a speech of how we should be listening. She finished with, "If you're not going to listen, you can sit outside of the classroom now," she said snidely.

Yes, a chance to explore! I thought. I made myself look sad. "Ok," I said, and rushed out. Now if only there was someone else to look around with, I thought regretfully.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 pm
Fox says...

Autumn

The bell rang, and I walked into my first class. I was the first one there, as usual, and I took my seat at the very back of the classroom. The second bell rang and it was time for class. A couple people rushed in late, but that happened every day. Everything was the same about this class. It was all boring.

I never really payed attention to what the teacher was saying. I didn't have to. I read ahead in all of our books, so I pretty much knew everything. Not that it mattered, though. The teacher never noticed me, but I took that as a good thing.

I looked over at Tristan. She looked just as bored as I was, but she was content with playing with her fire. The teacher didn't notice. She never noticed anything.

Tearing out a piece of paper, and grabbing a pencil, I started to write a note to her.

Having fun? I singed the edges around the paper so she knew it was from me. Everyone passed notes during class, so it was easy to get confused with who they were from. That's how I signed mine.

I threw it over to her, and I watched as she got out a pencil to answer. She seemed amused with my question. Of course she was having fun. She always seems to be able to do that even in the most boring of times.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 pm
View Likes

Tristan

Having fun?

I smiled.

More or less. You have no idea how hard it is not to let these completely destroy, like, everything.

I scribbled a star above the 'i' in my name- my signature.

Yeah, I kind of do. How do you even do that?

Takes a lot of practice. Years.

I wish we had that long for me to learn.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream