z

Young Writers Society

Circus Soel

Reviews: 2
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:42 am
RedSun says...

Circus Soel

Two brothers with a dream, that's how Circus Soel (pronounced like soul) started. Rhesus and Markus Soel had an idea, and put it too action. Within five years, it grew to be one of the biggest circuses in America. But the old crew left after an argument with the brothers, and the circus wasn't seen or heard from in 30 years. Now, under a new manager, ( one of the Soel brother's daughter), Circus Soel will again be a legend. And you are a performer.

The Auditions start next week. You see a flier on the window of a shop, or perhaps on a street pot.

SOEL BROTHERS CIRUS: AUDITION NOW

Accepting Acts of All Kinds! Show us what you've got!
Minimum age for performers is 13, maximum is 19.

Audition Location:
334 West Apple Street
Charter, Montana, 23847

Auditions start June 25 and go until the 29.
List of the accepted acts go up on the 30th.

We wish you the best!

Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Nickname:

Act Type:

Appearance: (picture please!)

Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

History:

Up for Love:

Other:

And here is a list of common used circus terms, just if you need ideas: http://www.circusland.com/favorites/eng/glossary.html

Rules:

*Romance is okay, just no sex
*Swearing is allowed, just not every sentence (if you get bitten by a snake, fall off the tightrope, or something along those lines, I can understand a cuss or two)
*All other YWS rules apply. Please try to use good grammar, spelling, ect.
*All posts more than 500 characters. That isn't a lot, but it will help in the long run
Last edited by RedSun on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 am
RedSun says...

Name: Elizabeth Soel

Nickname: Izzy

Act Type: She is the ringleader, but also does some acrobat acts and can ride a unicycle. She only rides that for fun, though. She can do some of most circus acts, enough to know how to help if someone has a problem. She leaves people mostly to their own acts, though.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She knows what she wants, and hates being told she can't do something because she is a girl. She tries to be nice to everyone, though, and let people down easy. She is always curious, and has a lot of energy. She doesn't give up, and always has a new idea. She has a big heart, and is always open to new people. She loves making friends, and is very social.

Strengths: She is social, good at riding a unicycle, and also a talented singer

Weaknesses: She tries too hard to be nice, and won't take no for an answer, she doesn't know when to give up. She is also terribly afraid of fire. won't go near it at all after an accident when she was six.

History: She was born July 5 to Markus and Eliza Soel. Her mom left when she was 4, because she thought her husband was obsessed with his work. He was trying to make arrangements to restart the circus constantly, hoping his only daughter would run it. She never saw her mom again after that. Izzy was raised with circus life, and was at six went to circus camp. There, someone was juggling fire, and dropped a flaming torch on her. She has a long burn down her back, now, because of it. It prevents her from doing acrobatics. It also caused her fear of fire.

Up for Love: Yes, definitely
Last edited by RedSun on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 am
Chupatoasta says...

*First profile other than Red's! YAY!!*

Name: Ever-Grace Yarnell

Nickname: Ever

Act Type: Animal trainer/performer; Her main act is with the two big cats she already owns, that she raised from birth.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality:

Strengths: She can practically calm down ANY rampaging animal just through a simple touch of her hand or look into her eye.

Weaknesses: She's blind in her right eye, and she's terribly scared of heights.

History: Ever was literally raised in a zoo. Her father owned a small, yet beautiful zoo right out of New York. They housed everything from flamigos, to oxen. And, Ever loved every moment of it. While being there, she learned how to manage all kinds of animals. She believes that anything can be taught without violence. In other words, without shocking devices or other circus cruelty. She's always been a vegatarian, and voices that all the time.

Up for Love: Yes

Other: The tigers, Cyan and Magi (madge-eye) She raised them from birth after Cyan was moved from one zoo to her father's and after Magi's mother died. Cyan and Magi are mates.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Andrealisa Sutton

Nickname: Andi

Act Type: Acrobatics; she mainly does acrobatics on the trampoline, and can also do some aerials.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Andi is quick witted and spunky, with daring running deep in her veins. She isn't a "rich kid" but she has money, mainly from people who gave her money at her street performances. She's quick to help a friend in need, and knows when her sharp tongue is going to go too far. However, she's not one to tell her entire past, or her darkest fears.

Strengths: Tumbling, jumps and leaps, cheering others up, being herself.

Weaknesses: When she's not on the track, she's a bit clumsy. Can't cheer herself up, and will get rather sad sometimes. Has a habit of wandering around when she's not occupied, and gets lost easily. Isn't very friendly to new people.

History: Andi lived with her older cousin, who raised her, as her parents left her when she was two. Her cousin was an acrobat, and would teach her any time he could. He passed away when Andi was about thirteen. Devastated, she started performing his acts on the street, and found she loved doing it- and was good at it. She still holds his memory close with his necklace- a simple black cord with colored beads on it.

Up For Love: Only of course!

Other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6AJXprOXc <- Click to get an idea of what she does.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

23 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 am
Chupatoasta says...

Oh yeah, hey RedSun, considering that you're the maker of the SB, you can enforce this better than I can, but can we maybe keep gender ratio even?
George Bernard Shaw

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 am
sillyducky says...

Name: Alexis Brown

Nickname: Lexi B.

Act Type: Throws knives at random targets in the audience.

Appearance: (picture please!)Image
I hope I did that right
Personality: A quirky, but generally down to earth girl who lived on a farm before the circus. She is not afraid of anything and hates to be bossed around by guys.

Strengths: She is amazing with knives. She's good at anything that has to do with surviving.

Weaknesses: She can't stand most people.

History: She comes from a farm. Her parents died a long time ago. She ran the farm by herself for a while but eventually ran away to the circus.

Up for Love: Yes, although she doesn't really care.

Other: She has a dog named Tam that she always keeps around.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 am
Undertaker says...

Name: Alex Bradly

Nickname: Magic

Act Type: Illusionist and Magician

Appearance: (picture please!)
Spoiler! :

Personality: She loves to entertain people, not just be magic and illusions but also by jokes and things. Her favorite thing about preforming is the smiles she gets whenever she does a trick. She is very nice and she can be very motherly. The reason for that is her younger brother, who she practically raised. She also like to help people.

Strengths: Getting people to cheer up and smile. Being herself. She is good at mind teasers and logical thinking things.

Weaknesses: She can be to nice sometimes and sometimes people take advantage of her kindness.

History: She grew up with a father, mother and a younger brother. When growing up she lived in a nice suburb near the city. One day her mother got sick and died a couple months later. Her father felt that he could not handle the kids on his own, so he put them up for adoption. Ty was three and she was 15. In the first week Ty was adopted, but she stayed there for a while waiting for someone to take her home. It was here where she picked up magic and got amazingly good at it. After a month she got tired of waiting and ran away from the orphanage. After running away she found the flyer for the circus and auditioned.

Up for Love: Sure.

Other: If you ever seen the movie "The Illusionist" those are some of the tricks that she does. It all depends on the audience.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:29 pm
RedSun says...

Come on, we need more guys in this. No more girls, okay???

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Can I make another, a guy? Just to help out?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm
RedSun says...

Here are some pictures so you can get a general idea of what the circus, campers ect. looks like:

The Tent:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Sleeping Campers: (there are two or three people that live in each camper)

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
(And through the door there is a bedroom with two small twin sized beds.

Izzy's Camper: (because she's just special like that)

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
(the couch folds out)

Area Surrounding Tent and Campers:

Spoiler! :
(A dirt road leads up to the field)
Last edited by RedSun on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm
RedSun says...

Can I make another, a guy? Just to help out?

Sure

When we get 4 guys we will start.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Terris Johnson

Nickname: Terris (If you call him Terri, you die)

Act Type: Fire Juggler/Breather

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Terris, when he isn’t concentrating, can be nice. He is serious about what he does, though, and won’t give up for anything. He is determined and loyal to his friends. A bit of a risk taker, though. He doesn’t have much of a sense of humour, and tends to stay away from big crowds. The only exception to that is when he is performing, and then he likes a big audience. He enjoys showing off, a lot. He likes to be thought well of, though, and is the first to offer a helping hand in most situations. He pokes fun of people sometimes.

Strengths: good at handling himself in dangerous situations, a good juggler, determined

Weaknesses: too serious, not very social, a show off

History: When he was five he saw a man in the streets five- breathing. After that, he became almost obsessed with fire. He learned to juggle flaming torches and fire breath through self-teaching (and a magic thing called You Tube). This is the first circus he has auditioned for, and hopes to make it. He has done some street performing, though. His parents are very supportive, and would do anything to help him with his goals.

Up for Love: Sure, I guess
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Name: Lukas Donav

Nickname: Luke or Lukas (Lukie will ensure a good beating from him.)

Act Type: Russian Bars; he can do both support and jumps.

Appearance: Except he smiles more:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Lukas is funny and outgoing, always wearing a smile, except when he's performing. His dad's dad was Russian, and his mom is from Canada. They all lived together in Colorado. He loves adrenaline rushes, and being energetic, as he usually is, therefore securing a loving relationship with energy drinks. He's laid back, except during training or performances. He takes great pride in his act, and will do anything to perfect it. He's not very rich- at all- and has an affection for gymnastics due to a history with them.

Strengths: Very strong, persistent, quick learner, nice.

Weaknesses: Has caffeine crashes (should NOT be given energy drinks before a show), a touch nosy, a little of a show-off, can come across as slightly annoying.

History: When he was fourteen, he told his parents he wanted to go into showbiz. Both parents, who were overachievers and perfectionists, kicked him out for "aiming too low". He took refuge in the local gymnastics center. One day he saw some guys doing Russian bars, and immediately begged to learn. They taught him, and soon he became one of their best performers. The gymnastics team became his family, and let him live in the gym. (He slept on a pile of mats.) When the opportunity came to audition for a circus, he seized it.

Up for love: Yup.

Other: Always wears a token on a chain from his buds back at the Centre.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:41 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Yeah, I can make another guy too if needed. Haha, I'm at the library right now, so I can't actually DO anything like look up pictures and such, but I will make it as soon as I get back to my own computer!**
George Bernard Shaw

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm
RedSun says...

It's up to you....

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster