z

Young Writers Society

Gone

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:03 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassi

"God blast it!" I screamed. Kyle kept distracting me, shouting "encouragement". I narrowed my eyes at him. He slowly was pushed back to the seawall. I turned back around and tried again. I was attempting to lift a nearby boulder with my...er... ability, and so far I had gotten it just about an inch. I stretched my hand out towards it and waved my hand up. Slowly, the rock rose. One inch... two.... three.... I counted the inches until it was a full foot in the air. I dropped my hand, and the rock dropped with it.

Breathing heavily, I walked to the water and slipped my feet in. The pebbles and shells were sharp, but I didn't mind. The water was cool, and the sand was warm. I was absentmindedly braiding my hair when a fish darted by, just outside my line of vision. I gasped, and stepped further into the water, glad I was wearing shorts. It shot by again, green and yellow and striped with blue. I laughed lightly at it; it seemed to be playing tag with a clump of sand.

With a jolt, I remembered how Dae would always take me down here to watch the fish. My hand wrapped around my wrist, where my hemp bracelet was, and I tried not to think anymore.

I didn't want to remember my missing brother.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:30 pm
Junglelover says...

Hope I'm not too late to post!

Name: Dylan Willowson

Appearance:
jessel.jpg
jessel.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 211 times

Personality: stands up for himself, long-tempered, loyal, never gives up, not afraid to get dirty.

Flaws: left arm is weaker them his right, he's a slow runner, sometimes has trouble remembering things when he's tired.

Ability: Can walk through solid objects

Side: Peridido beach

Background: he was never really in contact with his parents, but with his older brother. He loved his older brother, Justin, and wants to be just like him. He and Justin shared a cabin on the top of a hill, overlooking the ocean. He had Polio when he was a little guy, and is left with a weak left arm.

Other: he loves a good fight
Last edited by Junglelover on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:21 am
Junglelover says...

jasminebells, I'm good right?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 am
Jas says...

I love your profile and Dylan is hotttttt. :p Only one thing, he cannot be a coward but love fights and can stand up for himself. Cowards don't really do that :) Just change that and you're fine to post. I'm going to put up my post now

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 am
untameabletiger says...

~Skye~

I Slowly dragged my foot in the shallow water were i was standing, watching the water ripple out. With a sigh i looked up from the crystal blue water. Thoughts of my family came into my head, and a tear ran down my cheek. Stay strong Skye. i reminded myself, as I wiped away the tears that were now flooding out. I heard a splash, immediately I forced my emotion back and became alert. It was only a fish, but it could have been way worse. I can't let my guard down . I thought as my eyes flicked around the beach.

I walked out from the water, and onto the hot sand, ignoring all of the burning pain. Eventually I reached the boulder i had recently seen Cassi move. I jumped up, catching a piece that was sticking out and pulled my self up. Resting my head on my hands, i tried to pull myself together and get everything straight.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm
Junglelover says...

We know everybody that's living in the same spot, right? Like I would know everyone in Peridido beach?

Dylan

I sat in the dark corner, letting the tears run down my cheek.
Justin was going to take me to the coral reef today. Where did he go!? He can't be dead! Dylan thought to himself.
I heard a growl coming from my stomach. Man, I haven't eaten for days! I got to find something to eat!
I got up and walked over to the door of the cabin. Rays of sunlight blinded my eyes. Slowly my eyes got use to it, and I started to walk down the path leading to the beach.
I saw a coconut tree, and climbed up it. Reaching for the coconut, I heard some sort of yelling. Breaking the shell of the coconut open with my pocketknife, I watch closely at the figures on the beach. Coconut milk slid down my chin, as I drank the sweet juice. I yawned, and rested my head on the tree and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I jolted awake from the sound of a fish jumping. How long had I been asleep? Not that long, I sun had barely moved.
I looked around. All I saw was a girl, resting, the same as me. Should I go down and talk to her? I could use a friend I jumped down and walk towards the girl.
"Hey," I said, "My name is Dylan." I said. She jumped, and looked around like a pigeon. "Boy, you're jumpy. It's okay, I don't bit."

"My name is Skye." she said.
Last edited by Junglelover on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:38 pm
Day says...

For everyone including myself because there are so many people...

As listed in your profile sheets

User/Character/power/age

Peridido Beach:
ninjacookiemonster/Cassi Black/Move things with mind/13
chupatoasta/Cory Micheal/Controls fire and water/15
Day/Kyle/Telepathy/15
Fox/Mabel Scott/Controls fire and earth/13
untamabletiger/Skye/Copy someone else's power/15
Junglelover/Dylan Willowson/walk through solid objects/14

Coates:
Howler/Buds/Invisibility/12
Calligraphy/Blake Savage/Ruin or create relationships/13
Ray112/Devin Dedaux/attract matter to him/14
Jasmine Bells/Melinda Scott/paralyze/14.5

EDIT: Maybe someone should change sides?
Last edited by Day on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm
Junglelover says...

Thank you, Day!!

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm
Junglelover says...

Wait a minute! I'm not on there!!!

126 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm
Day says...

Junglelover wrote:Wait a minute! I'm not on there!!!

Yea, I was going through each page, but now I added you.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 pm
Junglelover says...

Yay!

126 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:58 pm
Day says...

Remember everyone the Peridido kids a essentially not aggressive, so I was thinking that the coates attack them at some time soon. Then things start to become a war.

Kyle/Read minds and speak through them/Peridido Beach/Age 15:

Laying back against the tree trunk I watched Cassi struggling to lift a rock into the air. She didn't get it very high before it plopped back down to the ground. Skye was wading through the river nearby, and I wasn't sure where the other kids were. It was strange being able to jump into their minds at any moment, but it was exhilarating. Looking back at Cassi I surged into her mind, and immediately I was almost overwhelmed by her emotions. She was sad over her family especially the loss of her brother whose name was Dae. Next I popped into Skye's mind, and I found that she was in an even worse shape than Cassi. Both were horribly sad which would be a problem if we were going to survive.

In that moment I knew I had sided with the right people when I choose the town kids and not the kids that went up to the academy. Smiling I stood up and called, "How about we go back and see if there is something we can get to eat? It's early and Im really hungry."

This managed to snap the girls out of their memoirs for now at least. Skye like me was fifteen which meant that she didn't have long although she was probably a few months younger than me. My time would come in two months then I would be gone like everyone else.

"We just ate a little while ago, and your hungry again?" Cassi teased. Skye giggled, and the three of us started walking back toward the town which wasn't far.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm
untameabletiger says...

Day wrote:For everyone including myself because there are so many people...

User/Character/power/age

Peridido Beach:
Day/Kyle/Telepathy/15

Coates:

um. I'm 14 in here. Not 15. But i'll be 15 if you want me to be.

57 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm
Junglelover says...

I would change, but I have a plan for Dylan.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:24 pm
Day says...

untameabletiger wrote:
Day wrote:For everyone including myself because there are so many people...

User/Character/power/age

Peridido Beach:
Day/Kyle/Telepathy/15

Coates:

um. I'm 14 in here. Not 15. But i'll be 15 if you want me to be.

Err my bad I don't know how I made that mistake. :? Sure you might as well be fifteen then since I already incorporated it a bit.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain