z

Young Writers Society

Gone

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:13 am
untameabletiger says...

~Skye~

As I was walking with Cassi and Kyle through the sand to get something to eat, i noticed i had forgotten about what i had been thinking about. I looked at Kyle, then Cassie, do they have anything to do with it? I asked myself.Automatically i heard Kyles thoughts, I hope they don't mind me popping into their heads. Then Cassi's.Suddenly i noticed how painful the burning sand was.I jumped and started walking faster then the other two, Hopefully i don't look to stupid. i thought as i sat down on a towel in the shade. Ahh much better. my mind rejoiced, as i pulled out a big box filled with food i had collected.

Still waiting for the others to catch up, I sighed, trying to look happy, but inside i was dying.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:19 pm
Howler says...

Wow..only one Coates post so far, cliff hung because of a silent responder. Guess I'll throw a stone...er, post.

Buds

Things were...quiet. Not literally for me, of course, with my ear buds blasting my music into my head, but nothing was happening. The entire Coates crowd was idle, living on minimums, and nothing was looking optomistic. I'd found I could supress my own hunger, but not forever; nobody could. I don't know if it was everybody else that made me think though...perhaps I was simply bored. But, I had a thought, and wanted it forward.

I got out of my bed and walked around pretty much aimlessly for a while. I didn't have much of an idea, a plan, or an exact reason. But when I found Melinda, a mild leader of the group, outside with one or two of the younger ones with her, I told her the simple concept I wanted to attempt.

"I think we should attack", I formally told her.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:02 pm
Calligraphy says...

Blake

"Follow me." Devin said. His voice was rough as the rest of him, but disconcertingly monotone. I stood watching him walk away for a moment. Then a tingling sensation came over me; before I knew what was happening the feeling was gone, but there I was beside him. My feet had moved without me commanding them. I couldn't stop them! After a while of silence Devin spoke again. Leaves crackled beneath us.

"We need to attack. We are starving, but the others .... well the ones I have spoken to want Malinda to lead. She isn't a good leader." He paused for a moment leaving us in silence except for the chirping birds. I didn't respond like he wanted me to, instead I mulled over what he said.

A. S>

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Junglelover says...

Dylan

That's all she said, 'My name is Skye.' And then she left.
I sighed, What's wrong with me?! Why can't people just talk to me?!
I turned back around, and walked on the path in the woods, lading up the hill to my cabin.
My feet dragged on the ground, they felt like they weighed a hundred pounds each.
I opened the cabin door, and walked over to his bed.
There was two beds in the small cabin, a stove, a table for two, and a window overlooking the beach.
He curled up into a ball and went back to sleep.
This time I slept for hours, maybe days. I woke up with the sound of knocking. It came for outside the door.
I walk over and opened it.

*Can be anyone knocking on the door*
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 am
untameabletiger says...

~Skye~

"Hey, i'm gonna' go an a walk, i'll be back in a lil bit." I said to Cassi and Kyle. I found a small trail, that seemed to have been walked before. Half of me thought it was a trap, but the other, told me to follow. I slowly walked down the dirt path, trying not to think. After what seemed like 30 minutes of walking I gradually got faster, unill I found a wooden cabin. Not wanting to be rude, just in case someone lived here, i knocked on the door. I heard some noise from inside, and footsteps. I shouldn't have come here. I thought, as I turned to leave.

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm
Junglelover says...

Dylan

I opened the door, "Yeah?" I asked without even looking who it was. Then I saw a girl with long blond hair, with her back turned to leave. She turned back around and looked at me.
"Oh, hi Dylan. Do you live here?" the girl asked.
"Who are you? And how do you know my name?" I demanded.
"Skye, remember? We met on the beach, just a few hours ago."
I let out a breath of air and ran my hand through my hair, "Oh, yes, now I remember. I sometimes have trouble remembering things when I'm tired. Would you care to come in?" I asked.
"No, no thank you. I should be getting back to my friends."
"Understood, see you around." I said.
"Bye," With that I shut the door, only to have it knocked on a few seconds after. It was Skye again, "Hi, um, do you want to come with me? To meet my friends?" She asked.
"I guess,"
"Okay, follow me."
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 am
Jas says...

Melinda

"And then you twist the person's arm, almost breaking it but that's not the good part- you slide your foot under his leg, knock him on the floor and while he's all preoccupied with his arm, slam your foot in his face. If the guy didn't pass out at the point, put your foot on his coarbone and push down towards his chest, not down towards the floor," I said, before wiping a bit of sweat off my face with the cotton bue towe wrapped around my neck.

The sun was shining through the church like stained glass windows, giving a rainbowish tint to the once magnificent Coates Academy dining room. The velvet coated tables and chairs were all pushed to the side and as leader, I had made the room my tortue chamber/martial arts room.

"I don't get it...could you show me?" Ricky said in his sweet 9 year old voice. It was his private lesson that only he and four others got once a week for two hours. Why him, a measly little nine year old who probably only saw the moves I'm teaching him in movies? He's got talent.

Ricky, too was sweating, pesperation dripping off his long honey colored hair. I rolled my eyes at his innocence but turned to the chained chairs where our "prisoners" sat. These were the happy bunch that got "prisoner" on the chore sheet; some got dishes, some got laundry and a lucky few got prisoner.

"Prisoner number three! Here now!" I yelled, pointing to 13 year old Maria, who was shaking in fear, staring at my finger like it was her death sentence. She stumbled towards me and Ricky, head bent in what was either fury or fear. She was one of the Perildo kids that we caught trying to steal food from us. She's a permanant prisoner, used for the most vicious of training. Mostly for me.

I was about to demonstrate the move to Ricky when Buds came up to me, named after his everpresent earphones.

"I think we should attack," He said.

"Well, what's your plan? Or are you just going to stand here and waste my time? I have training to do." I replied in a clipped tone.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 pm
Junglelover says...

Dylan

I followed Skye for about 25 minutes without talking. But I couldn't stand it any longer, "So, where, and who are your friends?" I asked
"Cassi and Kyle, they should be right ahead." She replied.
"Oh, okay." We walked on without a word until they were insight.
"There they are. Hi!" She called. They waved at her. "This is Dylan."

57 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:47 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassi

I looked up at the newcomer. I nodded and stared back down at the table. I wasn't feeling especially sociable right now. Especially because he looked a little like Dae. I shook my head and slapped myself softly. Bad girl, Cassi. No crying. You have to survive, not.. wallow in sadness. I sucked in my breath and straightened my back, turning around and waving a little.

There we go. Who's a big girl? You are, you are!

Stop that, subconscious.

Geez, sorry.

I groaned at my fading sanity and flicked a path through the dust, squinting as the sun bounced off of it almost painfully. I blinked repeatedly and swatted at the light groggily. I hadn't gotten much sleep, and it was showing. Kyle snickered, so I swatted his head too. At his pouting wince, I smirked.

With another wave of exhaustion, I moaned and dropped my forehead to the tabletop, mumbling profanities.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 am
Howler says...

Buds

"Well, what's your plan? Or are you just going to stand here and waste my time? I have training to do."

"I've got nothing. But others want to"

"If you don't have a plan, I'm not working on one. I don't think we should yet", said Melinda in her serious, protective tone. I stayed quiet for a minute, and she started back to the training. Then, another thought came to me a second into her teaching. Rude as it may have been, I interrupted her.

"You are the leader here. I'm just a kid, one who's brave enough to make the actual request. I'd listen to your people if I were you. Before they become somebody else's"

I liked acting older when takling to Melinda. I was a kid, only 12 years old, but I've always believed maturity speaks louder than age. Besides, we were all going to die eventually; why not do it while acting cool. When I finished my final statement to Melinda, I went invisible and started wandering aimlessly, as I do.

I prefered staying invisible most of the time, mostly as a safety thing. People have gone ballistic in this academy and shot people for no reason, so even in my own home, I felt safety to be as important as it could. Besides, as I said, I was 12 years old; people didn't take me seriously, and if I came across anybody, I wanted to take a part in it...even if they didn't know I was there.

And eventually, I came across a conversation I thought could easily be one that didn't want me there; with nobody around, Blake and Devin were having some close conversation, and a pretty serious one at that. It looked like the conversation I had expected to hear, and it heard like it too.

"We need to attack", Devin said to Blake, "We are starving, but the others .... well the ones I have spoken to want Melinda to lead. She isn't a good leader"

The scent of mutiny was in the air, and I wanted to know all I could on it. I took a lean on a wall and stayed invisible, listening close.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:54 am
untameabletiger says...

~Skye~

I looked around, seeing Kyle,Cassi, and Dylan,supprizingly it was quiet. I didn't know what to say, I was kind of nervous to be completely honest.

"Cassi? Have you gotten any sleep?" I said popping into her mind with Kyle's power.

"No, not really." her tone in general made me giggle.

"If you don't feel like talking,we can go away."

"thanks." she replied.

I stepped away, walking back to my large boulder, i laied back,looking at the sky. The sun was setting, it looked beautiful from the beach. I smiled and blinked "click." I mumbled, taking a mental picture with my mind. I have a photographic memory,and the click thing was a habit.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cassi

I tumbled off the picnic table and laid out on the sand. Warm... mm...

I was asleep in seconds.

I fumbled at the grains that were intruding my bubble. Seriously, that was what I was thinking when I was attempting to get them away. I woke up slowly and sat up- sort of. It was more like my back was lifted a little off the beach and I was propped back on my elbows. I tilted my head and stared at the ocean.

The last fraction of the sun was dipping below the horizon, beams of dark orange and pink reflection off the rippling water. I tilted my head back, letting my hair brush the sand. I grabbed a clump of seaweed and braided it, promptly tying my hair back with it. When you were as sleepy as I was, you didn't question your sanity.

Even though I probably should've. Y'know, seeing as I had conversations with myself and thought sand was out to get me, and tied my hair with seaweed.

In my defense, I get on my nerves sometimes. And I was half-asleep when I came up with sand-related conspiracies. And I had nothing else to pull my hair back with.

So there.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:04 pm
Day says...

Kyle/Telepathy/15:

Skye and I remained on the beach a good distance away from the sleeping Cassi. For the most part we didn't talk and were left to our own thoughts. It was getting latter in the afternoon, and the sun was beginning to make its decent. My mind wandered to the Coates who we knew were in the academy on the other side of town. Unlike us I knew they wanted to fight. All of them loved their newfound powers, and I knew they wanted to attack us. Having spent a few days before coming to Peridido beach I had the opportunity to read their minds. At the time most of them seemed normal, but then they changed. That's when I got out of there and ended up at Peridido Beach. I knew we had to prepare in case they attacked, and it would only get worse if they took control of the electric and water plants in the center of town. I always had that fear because without power things would not go well in town. That's when I heard the framiliar sound of people approaching and I turned to see the other three members of our group, Mabel and Cory.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm
untameabletiger says...

(i couldn't thatink of anything to write)

~Skye~

The sky, a mixture of pink,blue,purple,and light yellow, was amazing, It looked like a large painting, up above. I was getting a little tired, but the boulder wasn't comfortable, so I climbed down, and laid in the shade of another boulder, my head was spinning, and I couldn't think straight, a week without sleep makes you insane. I couldn't sleep, my mind was to crowded,

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:50 pm
Junglelover says...

Dylan

I stayed for a bit, then decided to go home. "Well, It was nice to met all of you. Sorry I can't stay longer, but I'm tried. See you all later." They said there good byes, and then I left. My walk back wasn't as pleasant as my one there. I liked talking to them, It made me feel like I belonged.
I dragged my feet until I made it to my house. my cheek was wet for crying. I had a time, even if I didn't talk much. I was once again alone.
I shut the door behind me and went to bed.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan