z

Young Writers Society

Gone

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 pm
Jas says...

This was something that I joined I think last year but it died. It was really fun so I'd like to see if anyone is interested. It's based off the Gone series by Michael Grant. :) P.S I sort of stole the entire plot and background stuff from Ray112. Hope you don't mind :D

Plot:

Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no Internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...

Rules, background and such:

~*~ At the age of fifteen you disappear so you can only be 14-and under. When you turn 15 a huge tentacled creature offers you the thing you want the most. If you tell it no then you can return to reality.*Note this is called the big Jump. If you accept you don't know what happens afterwords. Death or back to normal life, no one knows.*

~*~ For any of you who haven't read this book there's a barrier surrounding everything. Basically just keep in mind you can't go too far out just know that the places of importance are coates academy, Peridido beach, and the power plant.

~*~ Peridido beach kids will be staying in the town and coates kids stay in the academy. Food is scarce and Peridido beach has all of the supplies. Coates kids are starving but instead of joining with the "townies" they want to own them. Peridido kids simply want to survive but at the same time they're not to keen on having more mouths to feed.

~*~ The power plant is the key to everything. You control the power plant you control the power that goes between the two places. That means; street lights, TV's (they may not have live broadcasting but they still have dvds), refrigerators, ovens,etc. So far Peridido beach kids own the power plant but how long that will last with the coates kid's constant raids is debatable.

~*~ Cursing is okay but not every other word should be a cuss.

~*~ Sex is non-existent, these kids are 14 and under, at most 15.

~*~ Romance is okay but please don't go back and forth with just "He kissed me and told me he loved me", "I kissed her and told her I loved her". It's annoying.

~*~ No killing other people's characters without permission. After one week, if someone has not posted, you may PM me asking if you can kill them. You can make up characters and kill them at will

~*~ You do not have machine guns. You are not the Mafia. Even if you do have your fathers shotgun, you are not an amazing shooter. Your 15 at most. Be reasonable.

~*~ In the old storybook, my character was abducted and got the crap kicked out of her. That's perfectly fine. :D

~*~ I'll review the profiles before I let you join. I'm not going to tell anyone they can't join but I'll fix up the stuff I think is illogical. :D

~*~ EDIT: Have real flaws! Make your characters human!

~*~ JOIN!

Character Profiles:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Flaws:

Ability: (you can have only one, but you don't have to have one)

Side: (Coates or Peridido beach)

Background:

Other:
Last edited by Jas on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm
Jas says...

Name: Melinda Scott

Appearance: Long wavy brown hair with auburn highlights. Tall and thin with grey/green eyes and an intimidating stare. When she uses her power her eyes are greener. American background.

Personality: Strong, mentally and physically. Sarcastic and ruthless with traitors. Seems to be mean but really cares about the children. She is a good loyal friend and will do anything for the children of Perildo Beach.

Flaws: She's terrified of fighting people for real, because one time, she almost killed a guy in her martial arts class when she took it to far. No charges were pressed and the case was dropped, but sometimes she'll let others even enemies win, because she's so afraid of killing that she'd die herself. **People, please don't kill my character. She'll come back to haunt you :p **

Ability: She can cut off nerve endings/paralyze. If she's in a fight, by a simple jolt through her fingers, her opponent can no longer move that part of their body.

Side: Perildido beach

Background: She's one of the oldest and definitely the most experienced in fighting. She co-rules the beach with *whoever wants to co-rule*, with two other, lesser rulers. She also trains the younger children on survival tactics and how to fight if there is an attack and Payton cannot supply them with machinery. Her parents were in the CIA and taught her to fight starting in 1st grade. Her mother was a gun inventor and Miranda has her mother's old blueprints. She knows how to use a gun but isn't very good at it. She had an older brother Tyler who poofed.

Other: She is up for relationships, but not commitments or love
Last edited by Jas on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing

~*~

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Cassi Black

Appearance: Cassi has thick brown hair and blue-green eyes. She looks delicate, but she's actually very athletic. She's on the tall side, but not incredibly so. When she uses her power, her eyes glow silver. She's thin and moves with the grace of a ballerina.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cassi's quiet when you first meet her, but as time progresses, you'll find that she's quick thinking and kind, and will never say no to a good fist fight with an enemy. She is loyal, and can endure physical pain well. However, when she's mad she'll refuse any type of help or comforting, which means she'll do things in a blind temper that no one can control. She also refuses to sleep at all, as her brother was killed when she was asleep. She's afraid the same thing will happen to the other people she loves. She occasionally will lose control of her powers.

Ability: She can move things with her mind.

Side: Peridido Beach

Background: Cassi lived with her older brother before this, as both her parents went missing even before the disappearing-grown ups thing. Her brother was a martial arts instructor, and taught Cassi everything he knew. She has a habit of stealing things -and she does it very well. Right before the Disappearance, her brother was murdered. She swore to punish whoever did it to him, but she was going to be put in the foster system before she could do anything. On the day of the Disappearance, she had managed to get out of her social worker's grasp, and was running back to the apartment she lived in with her brother when it happened.

Other: Up for love; always wears her brother's hemp bracelet.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

336 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Jas says...

I like your profile Ninja! :) Only thing I'd ask you to change is she doesn't seem to have any flaws. She steals, can indure psychical pain, can moves things with her mind, is gorgeous and smart. That's very Mary Sue :) Give me some flaws, so she's a bit quiet, that's not a big deal :p Change that a little then your definitely in!
I am nothing

~*~

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:27 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kay, is that any better?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Save a spot for a male. Name Evan Jonn. Age 15. I would have my full profile up but my insolent wretch of a sister thought it funny to DELETE EVERYTHING! Ahem..sorry. Well, I am at the moment too fed up to even think of re-writing that whole thing. My apologies, I will have the profile up when I have the patience to write everything again. Much love!
~That Insolent Wretch's Sister :P
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

336 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Jas says...

Pefect Ninja! :) Lol, Loveless, you can have it up whenever. :)
I am nothing

~*~

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Howler says...

A new beginning for one of my first and favorite storybooks? *Squeels in joy*. If it's alright, I'm going to redo my beloved character from the last time.

Name: "Buds" (Liam Ale)

Appearance: Short, thin, wears a green uniform blazer over a t-shirt and grey cargo pants. And of course, a pair of MP3 ear buds in his ears, thus the nickname.

Personality: Incredibly quiet and antisocial, and a little self centered. He looks out for himself and likes to work as an individual, but will follow orders for most menial tasks. He's a good thinker and believes himself to be capable of being a bit of a vigilante, a hero using unusual methods. But he does it the way he can without getting caught. And enough times, he won't.

Flaws: Not much physical strength, usually tries to escape before he can be grabbed or shot at.

Ability: Invisibility

Side: Coates

Background: Buds doesn't have any sort of history worth telling. He originally had a decently rich father for a family, never reaches for any friends, and keeps his feelings inside. He taught himself to look out for nobody else. He became an individual, and planned to stay that way. He feels that what he knows is best for him and for others, and doesn't have second thoughts.

Other: Buds always has his ear buds in, always playing music with an MP3 player. The MP3 runs on watch batteries, too weak and small to be used with anything else. He modded the MP3 to last a long time on each battery, but keeps more of them in his inside jacket pocket, and replaces them the second they die.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Cory Michael

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cory is very boisterous. He's sort of a bully, and hangs out with a big group of Peridido kids, the more popular ones I guess? He's got a nice side, but it's rarely ever seen.

Flaws: Cory can be too mean sometimes. He's dense most of the time, and acts like an idiot a lot, which is his major downfall.

Ability: Controls fire and water

Side: Peridido Beach

Background:

Other: Up for love, huge surfer

*I'll finish the rest tomorrow, I'm sorry!*
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 pm
Ray112 says...

save a spot for me!=)
"Insert life changing statement"

336 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:42 am
Jas says...

Howler, you're good. Chup and Ray, finish up :D
I am nothing

~*~

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:19 pm
Calligraphy says...

Name: Blake Savage

Appearance:
karen_gillan_01.jpg
karen_gillan_01.jpg (28.39 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Personality: She is quiet, prideful, hot tempered, opinionated, non-loyal, non-trusting, she easily lies, antisocial, tom-boy, and she only cares about herself.

Flaws: You can see them above in her personality. Physically she is just an average 13 year old. She hates horses.

Ability: (you can have only one, but you don't have to have one) She can ruin or create relationships.

Side: (Coates or Peridido beach)Coates

Background: She grew up in a small town, where she stayed out of everyone's way and everyone stayed out of her way. She was almost the bully, though she never did anything mean, people just stayed away from her.

Other: She loves to swim and is pretty good at it. She was really close to her dad until he died and she still isn't over it. She has his Rifle and ammo. She loves big dogs, and I mean the bike kind. Ohh and mudding!Like four-wheeling but better.
Last edited by Calligraphy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:24 pm
Day says...

I'll probably read the story as you guys post since I was in the original SB. Although I don't think I'm going to join this time around.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

336 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm
Jas says...

Aw, why not Day? And I like you're character Calligrahy :) You're in
I am nothing

~*~

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm
Day says...

jasminebells wrote:Aw, why not Day? And I like your character Calligraphy :) You're in

fixed your grammar issue :wink: . Maybe I'll join. I'll think about it, and if I'll (lol third time already) post it today.

EDIT: 500 posts = win I guess now I have to join.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot