z

Young Writers Society

The Ashheim Academy (A Harry Potter Universe Tale)

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:42 pm
Tenyo says...

- Dima, corridor -

A feeling of nervousness that came like a chill brought him to a sudden halt. Dima glanced back. It was as if a wave of hostility had just ran through the hall upon the entrance of one of the teachers.

Once he had turned the corner he stopped and leant back against it, trying to listen to whatever was going on.

'Wait,' he said quietly to Anna, who was completely disinterested.

'I'm going to the library,' she said and carried on walking. He wanted to argue, mainly because he was feeling so defensive, but he took a deep breath when he realised he was probably over reacting. Juliet had a way of always saying the wrong thing to get herself into trouble.

As Anna left carelessly down the hall, the sound of her footsteps distorted the last remark between Mikhail and the teacher, he now identified as Ivanov. As they departed, he realised that only one set of footsteps was coming towards him, and it was certainly the heavy, firm footsteps of a male.

Where was Juliet? He wondered. His mind was in conflict, even when he told himself that his distrust of men was probably what rattled him up more than anything. Stupefy, he thought. It was always good to have a back up plan in case something went wrong. So who was coming towards him?

Stupefy. Just a back up. He repeated it over and over in his head, wriggling his fingers in case he needed to use the spell. Just as a precaution. Stupefy.

Mikhail turned the corner. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Dima, and stared with a slight look of accusation.

'Where's Juliet?' Dima asked. Stupefy- just in case.

'I don't know.' He sounded like it barely mattered. Dima quickly grew adgitated. Stupefy.

'She was right there with you.' Stupefy! He flicked his hand, and his wrist, which sent a bolt of magic that shot past Mikhails ear. His mouth dropped. Mikhail shook his head slowly, his face quickly changing colour with anger. 'That was an accident.' Dima said, raising his arm. Mikhail drew his wand. 'Wait, wait, wait. I'm sure we can sort this out. Outside, maybe?'

'You twerp.'

'Man on man, fair fight, no teachers.'

'You say that after trying to get a fast one in.' Dima shrugged. There was no going back now, it almost seemed funny. He was also slightly proud of himself for not even having to mutter the spell, even if it was accidental. He also liked having an excuse to hit Mikhail.

'Outside.' He tried his best not to gesture in case the movement of his wands sent another accidental shot. Mikhail nodded, and held his wand aimed at Dima as they headed down the corridor and towards the nearest doors.

Once outside, Mikhail faced Dima with his wand ready. Dima jolted forward and punched him across the head. Within seconds they where scruffling and wrestling like normal high school boys. That was until someone shouted, and both of them flew back across the ground in opposite directions.
We were born to be amazing.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Sorry for my absence. A few surprises came my way this past week, but I'm still in it...just so you know.***
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Tyler-Corridors

Tyler looked down at his empty box of chocolate frogs. The cards that came with them were in his pocket. He didn't pay much attention to them. His brother used to collect them but Tyler had no interest in them. Tyler pondered how he could have gone through a trunk full of sweets in such a short time. He supposed stress was causing him to inhale the sweets a bit faster.

Tyler pulled out his brothers wand. It was slightly longer then his own but the phoenix feather cord was the same, which made it easy for Tyler to use. He could perform spells just as easily with this wand just as easily.

Tyler silently blamed Stalin for loosing his brother. He supposed it was a silly thing to blame him for but none the less he blamed him. Tyler knew that there were others that were against Stalin and Tyler planned on finding them.

The thought surprised him because it wasn't something he'd usually come up with. Such a thought process was much more like his brothers frame of mind. Tyler wondered if owning his wand was starting to affect his personality. Maybe he was becoming more and more like his brother.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:14 pm
Kelcia says...

**I'm afraid I shall have to drop out of this - I just can't keep up. Sorry.**
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***And me as well. I guess I'll go ahead and let my character be a spy; do with him as you will, if anyone even considers posting after me.***
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 am
Vanadis says...

Important note:
We--Squall, Jagged, Kara, Scarlett, and myself--have decided that we're going to keep going with this SB. Anyone who is still in that would like to is welcome. We decided that we will be starting off with Kara Hargreaves' last post, the one on the bottom of page four in which Anatolii speaks with Lebedev about Juliet. Sorry for everyone who took the time to post after that; we just felt that, with the loss of two characters, that would be the best place to restart.

Hope to see you guys in this still!

Professor Zhannochka Kaminski

Zhannochka stormed into her office after class, head in her hands, tugging at her hair. The only good thing was that all her classes were over a few hours before the school day was technically done. "It's almost over, 'Nochka. Just a few more steps... Then you can have a glass of wine and maybe a smoke and some reading time."

"Or," she heard, "you could do something else."

She looked up to see Professor Fyodor Markovic sitting at her desk, but he wasn't smiling like he normally was. "Fedya," she began, using his pet-name. "You startled me for a moment. What's bothering you?"

He got up and handed her two folders, one labeled "Kozlov, Anna," and one labeled "Potential Spy." They had not yet figured out the young man's name. "The headmaster caught me right after you left his office. Said he forgot to give you these. That you...you know what to do with them."

"Not with Kozlov," she admitted. "I don't really know her well. She didn't have my class."

"She quit."

Zhannochka made her way to her desk, throwing the folders unceremoniously onto it and sinking down into the chair Markovic had been in moments before. "They know I hate doing this. Sending students to...you know where." Nonetheless, she rummaged in one of her drawers for a stack of papers and pulled out two packets. "And it's not even the paperwork. Just the thought of...what they do to them...in Room 101..." She was sure that was where she was meant to send Kozlov, Anna as well as Potential Spy.

Meanwhile, Markovic busied himself about the room, placing a candle on a very small cake, pouring two glasses of fine, expensive wine. "You don't need to be concerned with them, 'Nochka. It happens. It's for the good of..." he trailed off. She knew that he only did what he did because he had no other choice. He never said a word about it, but his actions--mostly his disregard for rules, namely the one about what was going on between them--said everything.

Filling out the papers was easy work; she'd done it countless times before, so the real question was as to why she wasn't completely stone-hearted yet. "I have to turn these in," she said, getting up.

Markovic put a hand on her shoulder to stop her and ease her back down. "Tomorrow, 'Nochka. Happy Birthday."

"Fedya, I have to do it now." She pushed him away and got up, papers and folders in hand. Turning at the doorway, she smiled; it really was one of the kindest things someone had done for her. "I'll be back before you know it." And she headed up to find General Anatolii.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am
Rydia says...

I'm still in, just waiting for Andy to post :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust