z

Young Writers Society

The fall of Marr

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

PLOT
The great kingdom of Marr, once a thriving utopia, now a nearly deserted ghost town. There are a few people still stuck in the town. Just a few months before the kingdom was over run, by a single wizard. He made a deal with the king, in return for part of the land, the king could have more power and influence over his people. There had been talk of independence at the time, so the king reluctantly agreed. After the king had control over his people he wouldn't return his end of the bargain. In revenge the wizard cast a charm over the village, causing a magical white rain to fall. It mutated some people, others hid from it and others escaped the city. The wizard disappeared without a trace. The walls surrounding the city, crumbled trapping the survivors inside. They quickly killed off the king and his wife. Some of the royal family still live.

CHARATER TEMPLATE
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Powers [allowed TWO(2)and optional]:
History:
Other/ up for love:

CLAIMED CHARACTERS
Spoiler! :
Prince- jemjive
Princess- isha
Servant-Kelcia
relative to royal family- Allmixedup
relative to royal family-IsebellaLynnette Tenyo

unlimited # of villagers- emoticon220

Spoiler! :
popular places of Marr
tavern
town square
castle
stables
forest
meadow

WE HAVE STARTED BUT WE ALWAYS ACCEPT
Last edited by SisterItaly on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Kima

Personality: She is very closed in and to herself, ever since her parents died. But if you can get her to open up she's really a bubbly and happy person

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Powers [allowed TWO(2)and optional]: can absorb the energy around her and use it as a projectile, but she becomes very weak after, depending on how much energy she absorbs

History: Her parents died when she was rather young, so she lived with her aunt and uncle in the castle, her older cousin's often teased her. She never felt like she fit in, her cousins tried to make up for it when she got older, but she was too used to solitude

Other/ up for love: Definitely up for love. And she wears a necklace that was her mothers

Spoiler! :
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:07 am
eldEr says...

Save me a spot as princess! I'll make my profile soon!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm
SisterItaly says...

anyone else?

The Book.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 pm
JackpotJohnson says...

I quit...Have to much to do. So sorry, just can't keep up :D
Last edited by JackpotJohnson on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-JJ-
My new website needs members: http://wwww.writethiswaywriters.webs.com

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 pm
emoticon220 says...

Name: Zahra
Personality: outgoing but secretive, hard to make smile
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Zahra.jpg
Zahra.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Powers [allowed TWO(2)and optional]: can shapeshift into other people,
History: she doesnt know herself, she lost her memory.
Other: she cant change her eye color when she shifts, her eyes are 2 different colors, Right: brown, left: dark dark blue.
Up for love: Absolutely
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

Hi :) I'd like to join this.

Name: Olivia

Personality: She has two sides, a mask and her real self. Her mask is a girly-girl, quiet, obedient dainty little 'princess'. Her real self is a resourceful, outgoing but naive girl who wants nothing more than to escape the boring nobles' life and find real adventure. She's happy with her life, except that it's extremely boring. She's always sensitive; she's open and friendly around other kids, but withdrawn and shy around adults.

Appearance: (the first one without a pic, don't I feel special XP) Has wavy, strawberry-blonde hair and sky blue eyes with flecks of hazel; short and looks just a bit chubby; appears confident and strong, which she is

Power: She can enter the minds of people she knows no matter how far away and see what's happening to them, though the picture in her mind is less clear the farther away it is, and it requires almost full concentration, so one thing out of place and boom! she's back in Marr.

History: She grew up in the castle as a noble's daughter, but her mother kept a secret from her until she lay at death's door. Her father died when she was five. When she was 12, her mother told her that she was a third cousin once removed to the prince and princess. After that, she befriended the royal family (somewhat; she never liked the King) and has actually seen Kima a few times. They haven't really met, though.

Other/Up for Love: Yes, up for love. She gets depressed when anyone brings up her father, Sir David. He was a great warrior that died of a mysterious illness.

So, are our characters trying to find the wizard? What exactly is the plot of this Storybook? Just wondering. ^_^
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am
SisterItaly says...

they are trying to escape the city, back to civilization... and some are still ticked at the royal family

The Book.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm
Kelcia says...

I'll join. I'll take the servant. :D

Name: Daniel

Personality: Very bright and intelligent, and has a willingness to follow orders. He has quite a mischievous sense of humour, however, and uses it as often as he can, but always in a seemingly polite way. He also loves to know what’s going on, and so finds excuses to listen in when people are talking. After all, who notices a servant?

Appearance: Short, ruffled light brown hair and brown eyes. He is fairly tall with a skinny build, and tends to walk very fast. He has a friendly, attentive look about him all the time, and a permanent mischievous smile.

Powers: His hearing and sight are absolutely amazing. They aren’t technically considered powers, but he can see and hear much more than most.

History: He started working as a stable boy when he was seven, and still loves horses to this day. However, when it became apparent that his quick and servile manner would be of better use elsewhere, he was transferred to the kitchens. He steadily went through the ranks of servants until he was allowed to wait on the nobles, and was often assigned to attend to visiting dignitaries. Just before he was due to start serving the royal family directly, the Wizard attacked. Even though the King and Queen were dead, he still felt some loyalty to the royal house, and stayed to take care of those members of the family still alive.

Other/ up for love: Yes, he’s up for love. Actually, he’s always had a thing for the princess... but never even imagines that it’ll go anywhere, so he doesn’t waste his time.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 am
SisterItaly says...

one more person and we'll start

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 pm
eldEr says...

Sorry it took so long! The princess awaits :P

CHARATER TEMPLATE

Name: Shanilia (Shan or Ilia for short)

Personality: As I would put it, she's a delicate rose with the edges of a sword. (My saying. MINE!) She's got bite, this one. Extremely feisty and stops at nothing to get what she wants. She's not a total snob though, either. She cares immensly for those who manage to get close to her and is extremely defensive over them. She is a poet and a romantic, but not your typical princess material. She loves climbing trees and refrains from using too many manners. She's fascinated quite easily, like by the squiggles on a wooden shelf or the veins in a leaf. (Sorta like me, but whatever)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Powers [allowed TWO(2)and optional]: She can put people into temporary trances in which she can influence them to do her will. They can resist if they try hard enough, but it's very hard. She also has the ability to shift into tigers, lions, leopards, grizzly bears and falcons. (They are all animals that have extreme meaning to her)

History: She was a princess and she was raised like a princess. Good manners, pretty gowns, forced marriages. She hated every second of it. She decided to go through with the training and corsets, however, so that she could one day become queen. She decided it would be best to endure the suffering and make things better when she was in reign. She absolutely adored her father, as he let her be who she was.

Other/ up for love: She longs to be loved, but is afraid that she can't have it. She's amazing with a sword and martial arts despite her frail appearance. She's also got a good head and is good at thinking on her feet. She has a daggar with an emerald-encrusted handle that once belonged to her father and a beautiful sword with a jewel-encrusted handle from who-knows-where. She has a pet red cardinal named Sterling. (Yes, it's red and sterling is silver. Does she care? Not a bit.)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm
SisterItaly says...

One more person! COME ON PEOPLES! LOL

The Book.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 am
Tenyo says...

Name: Hat

Personality: Hopelessly pessimistic. He can boarder on amusing in his illogically negative conclusions. He lacks the inhibitions of physical contact, and so will stand very close, touch or hug people without thinking twice. (He hugs because he's always sad.) He likes any food that can be eaten straight from the tin, always brushes his teeth before sleeping, and secretly likes sunrises.

Appearance:
He's got olive tanned skin and longish dark hair. He wears darkish clothes with a scarf big enough to be classed as a cloak. He's got a three-way scar on his left temple, a slight cross in eyes (which are dark blue,) and hangs his head a lot. He's small and quite skinny, and has a thing for big shoes and huge gloves.

Powers: He can make lots of little balls of light that drift around, and can materialise them to make really small objects (like pins or pebbles.)

History: He was raised as the youngest of seven brothers in a family of blacksmiths and weapons makers. When he wasn't eating or working he was fighting with his brothers (which is where he got most of his scars.) He was on an errand and arrived back in the city after his family had already left, and just before the walls crumbled.

Other/ up for love: Good luck to anyone who wants to try.
We were born to be amazing.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 am
Tenyo says...

(Starting with Emzie's permission)

- Hat -

He had been walking round for hours, followed by the rattle and clang of the scrap metal in the cart behind him. His father had sent him to collect it, but his father was now gone. Still, it seemed a horrible waste to leave it to corrode. Of course if it rained again he would have to find a way to cover it. He could use his cloak, but then he would be wet, and possibly get sick, and potentially die...

He shook his head violently and looked down at the ground, left, then right. Cutting across the path in front of him were the tracks that he had made earlier that day. He looked both ways again as if checking a busy road, then bowed his head down and continued to drag the cart.

Eventually he sat down and used the penknife his father had made for him to open a tin of beans he had stuffed in one of his pockets. He bent the lid round to make a spoon and slurped the produce off it.

When he was done and ready to continue he search for somewhere to store the cart he flung the tin of beans sideways. His whole body stiffened when he heard the tin hit something that didn't sound like a wall, after all, walls don't sound so angry when you throw empty bean tins at them.
We were born to be amazing.

66 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 am
SisterItaly says...

KIMA

I had been walking down the dreary road, completely unaware of any others who could be there. Including people who are still mad at the royal family. Suddenly something bounced off my head, i looked over to see a can of beans on the ground. I looked over at the direction the beans come from.
"OW!" The guy looked up at me, he looked incredibly tired as well. I didn't even think, i absorbed a small amount of energy and threw it at him. It wasn't hard, but i stumbled a bit and he fell off the cart. Oh god, he was going to be mad when he got up. I ran off. I looked back at him as he got up and brushed himself off. I hadn't hit him hard OK.

I turned into an ally, panting heavily. I wanted to just go to sleep. Let the world fade away until i got my strength back, suddenly i felt something pressing against me, i opened my eyes, to see a thief in front of me. He covered my mouth when i tried to scream. He held his dagger dangerously close to my side.
"I-I don't have anything!" He smiled,
"Then this will be fun." He pulled the dagger back, ready to strike. I hit him with more energy then i did the other guy. I took off running, staggering a bit, he followed close behind with the same posture. Today was going to be one of those days.

The Book.

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster