z

Young Writers Society

The fall of Marr

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm
eldEr says...

SHANIILIA

I sighed. My plan involved faking deaths and my shifting ability, but I wasn't about to let them know that I was a shapeshifter. That was my valued secret.

"I was saying... why not fake Olivia's death? Then I've got a way for me to get out, though you might end up having to carry some of my... most valuable possesions," I said quickly.

"How?" Olivia asked, and I thought I could make out a slight smile tugging at the corners of her lips. But it disapeared quickly, and I had no way of knowing whether she liked this or not.

"Well, we live in a half-destroyed palace. Why not wander into the east wing, knock something over, say you were under it. There, you're dead. By the time they have it removed, we would be gone."

Sterling twittered loudly and dove for my shoulder. Daniel ducked, and the bird landed gracefully enough. I sighed and ran a finger over his tiny body, thinking.

"And yourself?" Daniel asked.

I shrugged. "That's a secret, but I'll get out. I just can't bring anything with me, which is why I'll need you to carry things..." I trailed off. You sound like a prick, making them carry your stuff. I scolded myself. "I could try to figure something out, but I'd need a cart of some sort..." I fiddled with the hilt of my sword nervously. I would have to return eventually, and when I did, I would have to take my place as queen. Of course, that would have to wait until after the kingdom stopped hating my father.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 pm
Kelcia says...

Daniel

“I would be honored to help you, Miss Illia,” Daniel said, cocking his head to one side. “But I’m not sure that I’m all that fond of your plan for sending Miss Olivia into the east wing.” Daniel grimaced. “I was there earlier today on one of Chef’s hare-brained schemes. The left over magic almost killed me.” He gestured at his blackened face.

“I was wondering about that,” said Olivia thoughtfully.

“And that was just from rummaging through one of the eastern kitchens,” he said, waving his hands vaguely. “And the kitchens didn’t receive the brunt of the attack.” He shrugged. “Maybe you could send me instead of Miss Olivia?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

384 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 pm
eldEr says...

SHANILIA

"No, no. Neither of you will be going into the East Wing. That job is mine and mine alone and I won't listen to protests. You two are going to sneak out through a certain chain of secret tunnels," I said, biting my lip. I wouldn't send either of them into the East Wing, the place was... deadly.

"Then what?" Olivia asked attentively.

"Then I'll make it look like you've been crushed under something or other. I'll need one of your dresses if you can spare it." In all honesty, I was making it up as I went along. If I could find them a map of the tunnels, they could escape and meet me at the exit. I could make it look like Olivia has been crushed, and before anybody could find out otherwise, we'd be gone.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:01 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

Olivia

She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Secret tunnels, huh? Well, it won't be too hard to lend you a dress. After all, my wardrobe is stuffed full with them right now." She rolled her eyes. "When did you want to meet so I can give you one? And where? Because I don't think that my room is going to cut it. The stupid nobles are trying to keep an eye on me day and night," Olivia explained. "Though they rarely succeed. After all, I've managed to sneak out every day so far, and I plan to keep that record going as long as I can."

The three shared a quick laugh, then grew serious again.

"So, how are we going to escape through the tunnels? Is it like an underground network, or some hidden passageways cleverly concealed in the walls?" Olivia asked.
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:00 pm
Tenyo says...

I've got a jumbo of projects going on, and Kima and Zahra have disappeared down a tunnel somewhere, so Hat's going to step out of this one.

Let me know if you need him back in.
We were born to be amazing.

384 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 pm
eldEr says...

SHANILIA

I grinned, rising from the couch. "I'll be right back." I walked quickly to a bookshelf in the back of the library. If I was remembering correctly, my father kept a map of the tunnels hidden somewhere around here. I ran my hand across the shelves, trying to find the right book.

"Here it is," I murmered, pulling it from the shelf. I strode back to the others and opened it. "The borders around the edges are actually a map." I tore out the first four pages and placed them in a square on the floor. "They're both underground and in the walls, it just depends on the tunnels you take." I pointed to where the library tunnel would be. "This tunnel actually leads out of the city, but it's been blocked off. If you take this tunnel here," I ran my finger across a line attatched to the library tunnel, "You'll end up on the outskirts of the city."

"So we take the library tunnel?" Daniel asked.

I nodded. "It seems the safest, yes. With the right equipment, we might even be able dig through the rubble and get out of the city."

Olivia nodded. "So when and where do we meet?"

I thought for a moment. "The library entrance. It's between your chambers and the east wing. Seems fair enough."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 pm
Kelcia says...

Daniel

Daniel nodded.

“What would we need on this journey, Miss Illia? Because - ”

“I told you, just call me Illia,” Illia said, rather exasperated. Daniel grinned.

“Sorry. Old habits die hard. Anyway, as I was saying, I could probably obtain anything we need.” Illia thought about it.

“Food,” she said,

“Spare clothes,” Olivia put in.

“Blankets,” Illia again.

“Medical supplies,” Olivia mused, “are probably a good idea.” Daniel smiled.

“I’ll see to it,” He said. “When should we meet here?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 am
emoticon220 says...

sorry its been a while

ZAHRA
i screamed when i saw her. Kima was lying in the middle of the tunnel. i hoped hat would hear me from the next tunnel. he did and he came running. when he saw her he stared at her for a second. i stopped pacing and kneeled next to him and kima. he mumbled something that sounded like "wonder" and reached for her chest. i was confused for only a second but focused on tring to understand what he was doing. then he freaked out in embarrassment, such a guy. "no i..." i would've laughed at him if we werent in this situation. then he really freaked me out. he took a ball of light and shrpened it into a needle, then stabbed it into kimas chest
"What are you doing?!" i screamed he did this multiple time until kima pushed his hand away. then he left. Not sure where he was going but i knew he would be ok. I helped kima up.
"kima...um i have to tell you something... earlier when you left and it was just hat and it..." she gave me a look
" you and hat...? what?"
"No! No. i dont know what happened hell i just figured out y name and age this morning but i looked just like you"
"um ok..."
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer