z

Young Writers Society

Hidden Power

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 am
eldEr says...

JEREMY ^DUST^

I watched as they dragged off Nikki, forcing myself not to do anything about it. My body twitched, begging me to shift into something that could save her. Nope, that wasn't going to happen. I kept an emotionless smirk on my face, a skill that seemed to grow better with time. It earned me a few dirty looks of disdain, but they could go stick it in their juiceboxes and suck it. I would smirk if I wanted.

I glanced quickly at the other shifter, she was staring at me like I was insane. I don't deny I wasn't, but still. "That stings," I muttered, crossing my arms. My smirk refused to leave my face even for a moment.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:22 pm
Undertaker says...

Raine

Just recently having changed back into my human form, I could still feel the familiar burn at the base of my spine. Even though it hurt, I still wanted to help Nikki. But the other problem was, I was running on empty and having not eaten in the last few hours was really killing me.

Sighing and trying to forget about it, I looked over at the other shifter. He had an emotionless smirk spread across his face. At that moment just one thought passed through my mind, this guy had to be insane. He seems to know the basis of my thoughts because his replay to my look was, “That Stings.” Sighing I rolled my eyes and turned my head the other way.

There was Thunder. He had on a straight face and was looking straight ahead. I felt my self get more tired as I stood there spacing out. Shaking my head I looked forward, Feeling my shoulders slump over, my head fall forward and tiredness taking over. Shaking my head I tried to keep myself awake. How could I be tired at a time like this…?
Last edited by Undertaker on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 pm
Rydia says...

Hey hey ^^

A little birdy tells me you still want members? If so, I'll start with one character but might add a government official later.

Name: Ermintrude (Trudy)
Powers: Trudy has the power of truth which works in several ways. She knows odd things without even having to think about them, knows if a person is lying or not and can't be affected by powers that seek to lie such as hypnosis or glamour. She also has the power of creation. She can only make things that could realistically exist and doesn't know the extent of it yet as she only makes things to please herself, usually pretty toys and puzzles.

Appearance: She's average height with a curvy build. Her long, blonde hair is wavy and quite often topped with a crown of leaves or flowers. She has dark green eyes framed by long lashes and a quick smile, tends to wear summer dresses and no shoes.
Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RqFhu7CWo58/S ... ilbait.jpg
Skills: Trudy has a way of immediately knowing her way around places which probably has a lot to do with her gift. She knows the best hiding places on the island and is pretty good at avoiding detection. She generally just knows things as well and is a fun person to play question and answer with because she'll come up with some uncanny answers.
Weaknesses: Trudy is just a little girl. She has a strong grip on her powers but they're her only defense.
Likes: Flowers, rain, the pattern blood makes when it splatters out of a body, skipping, singing, puzzles, people etc.
Dislikes: There's not a lot she dislikes in all honesty.

Personality: Trudy is a strange child. She comes off as sweet and innocent but the way her mind works is that everything's a puzzle. She lives on a different plane to everyone else and doesn't understand danger or murder or anything like that. She's a bit vapid sometimes and very quick to smile or laugh even at inappropriate times. She's also hard to make an impression on. Trudy simply is. There's nothing to change there, she's a complete person but free of the beliefs that make humanity messy. However, she gets very attached to her 'puzzles' and doesn't like them to be taken from her.

History: Trudy grew up in a normal family. She doesn't think or talk much about them or have any real attachment to who they were. She made her parents nervous but they're good people and wanted the best for her so they sent her to the island as soon as they heard evacuations were taking place, back when it was still being advertised as a 'safe, friendly' enviroment for them. She met Claude right at the beginning and became very attached. She considers him her most interesting puzzle yet and has watched him kill several times. She's trying to understand why he does it, what it means to him.

Other: Up for love with anyone except phsycopaths :p
Government or Gifted Teen: Gifted Teen.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 pm
LastPaladin says...

Claude

There was stirring of leaves, creating a knife he swung round to see Trudy. He growled but lowered his aggressive stance, “I could have killed you bitch.”

She smiled inanely before replying, “I suppose there always tomorrow.” her voice became a sinister whisper, "And you won't kill me then either. By the way."

Growling again he redrew his knife back in, “Don’t get analytical on me Tru. Remember my little story about what happened to Mrs Johnson?”

"Oh, is it story time already?" Sitting down on the grass, Trudy beamed up at him, a sweetly innocent smiling playing over her lips as she absently started a daisy chain.

Claude stared utterly perplexed, “Uh... well... Mrs Johnson was my therapist and one day she really annoyed me, blaming all my problems on my mind and how I perceive things. I told her to go get herself stuck in an escalator. Man the mall was closed for days. All that sinew and flesh stuck to the mechanism, body crushed, with limbs twisted beyond recognition. I of course watched it all. And no one ever thought to blame me.”

"You're right, I have heard this one before. Was she pretty?" Trudy tied the string of little flowers around her wrist and looked at it critically for a moment. The next second it was forgotten about and she looked happily around them. "You know if we stay here much longer they'll come and find us. We should be sitting in the tree over there."

“Like they’d dare face me. And well at one point she was, but picture a face that been inside a lawn mower I’m pretty sure you have a memory of that Tru, you house next door neighbour. How they never worked out how he got into that position. He was of course pronounced dead.”

"Here they come," Trudy said in a sing-song tone. She bounded to her feet and stood, waiting to greet the teens that had stumbled upon them.

"I told you there was someone else here!" one declared. Trudy wondered if Claude would kill these two.

“Tru, don’t move. Anyone who can escape guards should be handled carefully.”
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm
SisterItaly says...

NIKKI

I had fallen asleep. When i woke up there was another person in the cell beside me. He had been staring at me.
"Um, hello?" He smiled and stood up. He was a small guy.
"hey, why you in here?" I smiled remembering the pain struck look on his face, but them smiled remembering my own pain.
"Touch my skin and you'll see." I gave him a daring smile, he very sarcastically replied.
"Um-mm.... no thanks, wanna break out?" I was shocked! How was a little thing like him going to break out? He surprised me again when he bent the bars between our cells and offered his hand.

That's when i realised i didn't get a chance to grab my gloves.
"Didn't i just warn you?" He took his hand back immediately. I climbed through as he punched through the wall. Another thicker wall was on the other side.
"HM, stand back." He warned, he walked over to the other side of the cell, before charging through the wall. Sirens blared as we ran off into the woods.

It felt like hours of running, this couldn't be doing any good for my appearance. I heard something, and we stopped, he turned to me and smiled. Yelling something like...
"I told you there was others!" or something like that, i really wasn't paying attention. He stepped from the trees first, i waited behind then hesitantly followed.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm
BenFranks says...

General Laruzelski

"General, Sir," one of the G.O.s exclaimed in heldback horror as they charged upto me as I walked gradually from my office. I turned and looked at him like he were a pet of mine.

"What can I do for you, Harold?" I grinned, looking him up and down. "Because Uncle Laruzelski has a lot'a paper work to be fillin' and the way you're going, I might have to stick you in the Shredder and all."

"The detainees, General, they've escaped the over-night jails. Reports say the damage is -"
"You think I care about the damages, Harold?" I sneered, "This isn't my own little lobby, sunshine, this is government property. What they bugger up, the President will pay for. What I care about is where these little raskels have gone now. You find 'em, Harold, and you find 'em fast or I'll have your granny's BOZOs for dinner."

"Yes, General."

"Thank you Harold."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:39 pm
Rydia says...

Ermintrude

"I like the little one best," Trudy decided, taking a step forward for a closer look.

"Something not right Tru, we need to be careful," Claude warned. He took a deep breath before continuing, "Names, now!" Sometimes he could be such a spoil sport. Trudy made a slightly pouty face and then grinned at the nice people.

"Nikki," the girl said quickly, sounding slightly nervous. She was a clever one, Trudy saw.

"Um, I think we need to start running," the boy suggested, pointing behind him. "Those guys are going to come any second." Not so clever.

Claude looked over at Tru before speaking again: "Maybe should make myself clearer "NAME NOW, BOTH OF YOU!"

"She already gave hers," the boy snorted with a confidence no one that short should have when facing an older, more formidable opponent. Trudy sighed unhappily. She wasn't going to get to play with him afterall.

"This isn't going to end well," she said casually to Nikki. "I hope you're not too attached to him. It was very apparent Claude's temper was growing. Taking a breath he walked over to the boy.

"Firstly, listen secondly, what is your name, just 'tell' me your name."

"Daniel Oliver Turner." For a moment he looked confused with himself but to cover this up, he demanded: "Why do you want to know so bad anyway?" He seemed the persistent type but Trudy had already lost interest and was smiling sweetly at Nikki. Taking her by the arm, she ushered her in the direction of one of their hide-outs. "Don't worry, you can play with me."

"Play?" Nikki gave her a baffled look.

"You really think you could take me?" Claude was asking Daniel. Trudi stopped leading her new puzzle away and turned around to watch the show.

"There. This way our clothes will stay clean." She gave Nikki a charming little smile.

"Let's just get out of here," Daniel said, turning around to look for Nikki. Seeing that she was standing with Trudy, he took a step in that direction.

"I wouldn't do that little boy." Claude was good at sounding threatening but the little boy wasn't good at listening. He'd clearly decided it was best to just ignore the nutter.

"Come on girls, let's find somewhere to hide." Oh dear. Suddenly Claude leapt at Daniel in fury.

"Take your little whore but leave darling little Tru alone! This is you final warning... nah I changed my mind. See that rock there little boy, I want you bash your brains out." Trudy watched with a vague interest as the boy picked the huge rock up and smashed his head open. It wasn't long before there were rivulets of blood pouring onto the grass. Now that looked pretty!

"Coming Claude?" Trudy called out as she linked her arm with Nikki, gave her another smile and started heading for the hide-out again
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm
SisterItaly says...

I gasped as the guy bashed his head repeatedly. Until his head started bleeding. I looked away, now choking back tears, i didn't care about that guy, he actually kind of scared me. But he called me a whore. I looked at myself, did i really look like a whore? Trudy had already dragged me a few steps away. She looked down at me, I quickly looked away.
"What's wrong?" I looked up at her as she slightly cocked her head to the side.
"Do you think i look like, what Claude called me." I made it a point not to cuss aloud.
"No, Claude's just..." She trailed off. I wouldn't push it.

I noticed she had linked arms with me, but wasn't shriveled in pain. I looked down at her arms, long sleeves, thank god. Even though she was safe i still pulled away.
"What's wrong?" She asked again, with the same, head cocked yet confused look.
"Please, just don't touch my skin. It's not safe." She frowned but nodded.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 pm
eldEr says...

((I'm a little lost, so this post might be messed up. Sorry!))

JEREMY ^DUST^

Mmmm. So Nikki had made a little escape then? I smirked and made my way out of my cell. "Now, where would you all be hiding?" I asked aloud. If I shifted I'd be able to smell them... Ah what the heck? Might as well. I went with a Siberian tiger, having a feeling something strong would be required.

I sniffed at the ground and for once I wished I had the option to shift into a dog. They had much better sense of smell. But a tiger would have to do for today. I gave up with the scent thing quickly, realizing that I was a tiger and I had the senses of a tiger, but my mind was still human. Humans weren't the greatest at deciphering different smells from other humans.

I trotted off, hoping to find somebody before my body demanded to be switched back. I let out a low growl, wondering if anybody would hear me.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:44 pm
Undertaker says...

(( I kind of am to. And what happen to everyone else..?))

Raine

Suddenly waking up I looked around. Walls, Walls and more walls. There was also a small bed that I was sitting on. Must have fallen asleep at some point because my eyes were full of sleep and my hair was kind of messy. Running my hand through my hair, I tried to tame the dark brown hair of mine.

Standing up, I felt my muscles, that were asleep, suddenly wake up. The burning at the base of my spine was gone but I was still hungry and somewhat tired. Walking casually over to the door, I tried to open it. Nothing. Sighing I wondered if I could shift into something without tiring myself out to bad.

Probably not, I sat down with the bars on at my back. I leaned my head back, when suddenly I herd a growl. I make a slight smile to myself, and let out a low wistle. Then I sat there and waited to see if he would come. Even if he did, how the heck would be get the door open...?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm
LastPaladin says...

Claude

“There more than one way to crack a egg, eh Tru?” He winked at her.

Trudy gave him a small smile. "I like this one," she said firmly.

He sighed, she was so tiring sometimes, but he could wear her down, this isn’t first ‘pet’ she had adopted and well it wouldn’t be last either. But what they had was perfect another person needlessly complicated it all.

“But two ample Tru and three’s a crowd.”

"Maybe I like crowds," Trudy said lightly but there was steel in her gaze. Then she turned to Nikki and was all smiles and innocence again. "I think you're very pretty!"

His voice also grew cold, “Tru, who going to feed her, we can hardly feed ourselves for fuck sake!”

Well Tru says: "You're no fun." Trudy pulled a pouty face and made her bottom lip tremble. "You never let me keep any of them!"

He lightened his tone, he hated doing this but she had to see. It wasn’t he didn’t want her to be happy or have fun. It was just he worried about her. No one else made him worry about them so much. At times she had knife-like minds but other times she seemed to be seven years old again.

Placing his hands down he sighed, “But Tru, I don’t want you hurt. Her skin it isn’t right, I’ll prove it to you!” He ambled over and placed his hand on her skin before screaming in pain and showing Tru, “See, dangerous, we can’t keep her.”

"I already knew that silly," Trudy said with a smile, holding her arms up. "It's why I wore long sleeves today."

Sometimes Tru scared him, at times she seemed to be more aware than she ever let on.

“I won’t hurt you I promise.’ Stuttered the girl.

“Tru, I’ll allow you keep this ‘pet’ if I can get sugar?”

Suddenly clapping her hands and giving a twirl, Trudy bounded over to Claude and leaned up to give him a big kiss. "Deal," she said.

Claude, closed his eyes embracing her close, melting into her lips, forgetting anyone but they were there.
It ended and he smiled, he rarely ever smiled, “Good girl, you can keep your pet.”

If she had questioned him at all, he would have killed the girl where she stood. But she never complained about being called a pet. Well, Tru would get over her within a month and he could kill her then. That be something to look forward to.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

NIKKI

“There more than one way to crack a egg, eh Tru?” He winked at Trudy.
She gave him a smile. "I like this one," she repeated. Kind of weird, but i wasn't complaining. At least i was liked.
"But two ample Tru and three’s a crowd.”
"Maybe I like crowds," Trudy argued. Then she turned to me. "I think you're very pretty!" I smiled at that, at least she appreciated me.
His voice grew cold and threatening, “Tru, who's going to feed her, we can hardly feed ourselves for fuck sake!” Pshh, like i ate much. Couldn't he tell i had an eating disorder? Girls my age aren't usually 95lbs.

You're no fun. You never let me keep any of them!" Wait, what did that mean? Was he going to kill me! I could tell her cared about her, i could see it in his face, his terrifying face.
“But Tru, I don’t want you hurt. Her skin it isn’t right, I’ll prove it to you!” He roughly grabbed my arm, the pain shot through me again, he yelled out in pain, yet somehow pulled away. “See, dangerous, we can’t keep her.” My heart was pounding, i wasn't ready to die! "I already knew that silly," She lifted her arms "It's why I wore long sleeves today."

“I won’t hurt you I promise." I stuttered. I honestly wouldn't, not on purpose.“Tru, I’ll allow you keep this ‘pet’ if I can get sugar?”
She bounced up to "Deal," she smiled. He kissed her, hugging her tightly. When
“Good girl, you can keep your pet.” Pet? Well, he was terrifying so i wouldn't push it. He glared at me. Wait, since when did i ask for their help? I did appreciate that he got rid of that guy for me. I went with them anyway, I was to afraid to object.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:00 am
eldEr says...

((Pretty sure they've all escaped. Our characters can start making their ways out now too xD))

JEREMY ^DUST^

I followed the whistle to see Raine sitting on the ground in her cell. I grinned and nodded my head, hoping she would get the picture. Come on hon, follow me... The worst part about shifting was the fact that I couldn't talk. Ah well, there was always bodylanguage and the odd one who would go all Dr.Dolittle on me.

Apparently Raine did get the picture. She nodded and I crept back through the hole. Time to get out of this G.O. pit. I let out another low growl and glanced behind me. We were getting out if it killed me.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:36 pm
Undertaker says...

Raine
Hearing the soft paw prints behind me I turned my head slightly, there was Dust. While sitting there I had come to a conclusion about him, he was not insane. He seemed nice enough, in fact he almost seemed like an older brother to me.

I then moved so I could see him better. He seemed to be grinning, but then he nodded his head. It took me a second to realize what he was saying. I nodded back to him, telling him I knew what he wanted and that I had understood. I heard the other slight growl that he gave, and followed him though the hole.

When we got out, he looked around to see where we were going. He seemed very determined to get out of this place, as was I. I looked at him to see if he had any idea where to go. Suddenly he chose right, looking up at me, he uttered another low growl.

I knew what that meant, Dust was asking me if I agreed with him, and I did.

“Are we going to try and find the others?” I asked.

He nodded and then started staking down the hallway, while I followed behind him as quietly as possible.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:01 pm
BenFranks says...

General Laruzelski

"General! General!" yelled a group of GOs running up behind me. I'd heard their footsteps previously but chose to ignore them. Them yelling my rank simply put a smile on my face. I turned and they all halted instantly.

"What is it darlings?" I sneered. "Now, now. There'd best be some't."

"Yes, General," One of the GOs said, stepping infront of the group, "Multiple children have escaped from the compound, General. More than the number we had in the overnight cells. We believe they may've grouped together..."

"Now, Harold. You best not be saying you've lost those little shits," I objected.

"That's exactly what I'm saying, General."

I quickly stormed into my office, took my overcoat and put it on over my Khaki uniform. My heavy boots storming straight back out again past the collection of GOs. I'd simply have to find them myself, I thought. However, I wasn't stupid enough to go alone. I knew these kids. It was time I got Special Ops down here. I turned to a phone in the office at the end of the hall, gesturing for the people near it to move on.

"Mr. President?" I said over the line.

"Laruzelski?" He said, surprised.

"Yes, Sir," I replied, a grin across my face. "I need you to get me a group of twelve elite Special Ops soldiers down here now. I ain't gonna settle for second best, I want the best. This is a national emergency. Get 'em 'ere now, President, or you're going to end with a public piss up on your door step."

I hung up and stormed out of HQ. Time to play.

3 Years Ago

I looked up through the rain, the forest surrounding us on all sides. My army, roughly only 120 of the poor sods left, scowered around the bushes, their torch light passing through the wet darkness.

I looked behind me at a cage. Kids were filled in it. That girl, Trudy, at the front just remain silent, peering at the rain as though she'd never seen it before. We were after one more lad. A young boy, strong as hell and just as psycho. The last on the list.

I didn't realise he was already picking my men off. They were depleting under my nose and I couldn't do anymore than watch, mindlessly and abnoxiously. Then I saw him, he was large and angry. Very angry. We'd kidnapped his Trudy after all. He swept his fist and disfigured men instantly; they didn't even have time to fire. Each one had a family but my sorry evil guts didn't give a crap, I just wanted big boy under my grasp.

He attacked more men, killing them instantly; I simply watched. Then, pulling out a revolver, I shot him three times in the thigh. His blood splashed out into the wet puddles in the forest behind him and he collapsed with a groan, Trudy herself gasping at the view she was opened up to.

But he wasn't put down. He came for me charging, his fist whacking harshly into my torso. Though, he hadn't killed me I'd instantly blacked out. When I woke, all I had to see was an expanse of my dead men. He had made my job personal.

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green