z

Young Writers Society

Magekillers II: Battle for Rossain

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 pm
Fox says...

I think they should just be NPCs. Should we get started now???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 am
Kaywiia says...

I think they should be missing. And can we start?
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:28 am
Fox says...

Ya, I think we have enough people to start. Plus, people can still join when we do.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm
kidashka says...

Yay, let's start! I'll wait for you to do the first post :D
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm
Fox says...

Wait for who???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:35 pm
kidashka says...

RedBird... he started this, right?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 pm
Fox says...

Ya, sorry. I'm not very smart.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 am
RedBird says...

Ack! Sorry. I've been away for awhile...but yes. Let us start.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 am
Fox says...

Well, I have to leave for camp tomorrow. I come back on Thursday. When I get back, can someone fill me in on what I missed???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 pm
IsebellaLynnette says...

OK, though you really haven't missed much yet, Fox ;)
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I'm going to go ahead and join before this starts, kay? Here we gooo!

Name: Liara (lee-air-uh) Wyte

Profession: Mage

Mage Type: Elemental

Appearance: Liara has blonde hair and blue eyes. She's of average height, and has an athletic build. She always wears a braided leather bracelet and a bronze locket on a chain.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Liara is very tough and hardened, especially for her age. Even when you get to know her, she's still rather reserved and hard-hitting. Her parents, when they discovered her talent, left immediately, reporting her to the Magekillers on the way. She, of course, ran from Rossain and now lives just outside its walls, just out of reach of Magekillers. She'll protect what she believes in with a drive, and is a fierce fighter.

Weaknesses: Has a short temper, and she's not at all good with a sword or gun, and relies more on her fists and talents than weapons. On the pessimistic side. Isn't very good at her Earth talent if it involves plants. Sometimes loses control of her powers.

Strengths: Very good at wind and fire. Relatively good at water. Smart and cunning. Everyone back in Rossain has forgotten her, so she can go in safely. Her temper makes her a marginally better fighter. Stealthy, fast, and a good climber.

Likes: Nighttime, cool weather, rain, the outdoors, fighting, experimenting with her powers.

Dislikes: Heat, snobs, Mages who live the safe life and basically rub it in her face, not knowing things.

Other: If you can put up with her, she's up for love. Also, she knows she missed something major that the others didn't, and it drives her insane.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:04 pm
RedBird says...

Okay...I'm sorry that I haven't started this yet...but we can do so now! I've been pretty busy...

Cutter, Psychic,

It's been 2 months. 2 months since we managed to escape the custody of the Magekillers. We've lost Lorei, but Emmett and Catherine are still with me. We're deeper in hiding than we've ever been before, but that hasn't kept out the rumors. Rumors of rebellion. Protests against the tyranny of the Rossainian government. I can feel a turning point coming. The death and massacre is going to end. Very soon.

I get up and stretch, my back scraping against the bark of the tree that I was sleeping against. I yawn, and scratch my chest.
I look around the little glade that we camped in last night. Emmett and Catherine are there, as well as some new mages we picked up about 3 weeks ago. Carter, Liara, and Leigh. I smile sleepily to myself. Another band...but then, the memories of our old band, our old family, wash over me. My smile fades. The Magekillers. It's all down to them. This is all their fault. All the death and sorrow, the blood and tears. All down to them. And I can't bear it anymore. Time to stop running, and start fighting.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 pm
Fox says...

I'm back!!!

Catherine

I heard Cutter get up, and eventually so did the rest. No one said anything. We were all still tired. I lay down for a while. I had never really gone to sleep in the first place. It was nearly impossible, and when I did it would be because I cried myself to sleep. Things were really hard. All that was left of our old group was Emmett, Cutter, and me. I missed the rest of us, not knowing what had happened.

Emmett sighed.

"We should probably get going." he said. I knew he was directing it to me. He could hear my thoughts, and knew that I was awake.

I got up, wiping my tears away, silently. I looked at everyone, until my gaze settled on him. He looked terrible, and I couldn't blame him. Lorei was gone, and she had helped us so much. We were determined to find her, but the problem was that we didn't really know if she was alive or not.

I tried not to think about that. I didn't want to think about anyone in our past group. It was too hard for me.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:21 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I tried not to look at Emmett, Cutter, or Catherine. I felt rather awkward around them. They had been through stuff together, whereas I had gone through everything I had alone. They shared a bond I couldn't even get close to. I rubbed a fireball between my hands to fight off the morning cold and starting packing up what little I had taken out the night before.

This was so different from just wandering outside Rossain. I was used to going my own way, alone, living by my rules. When Cutter found me and asked me to join, I don't know why I did. I guess I had wanted to be part of something, instead of just trying to survive.

I had decided against being difficult. It would be hard to rebel against them, simply because my morals wouldn't let me. They seemed so sad, so shaken... I couldn't be mean or rude when they were like that. So I was going to do what they asked, work with them, until I felt accepted.

Carter and Leigh seemed nice enough, I guess, but I was still adjusting. Living your whole life alone makes for some awkward moments when you decide to rejoin the world.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 pm
RedBird says...

Cutter, Psychic,

As everyone wakes up, I make up my mind. Yes, we're going to do something. Or at least I am. If they don't want to come, I won't hold it against them.
I clear my throat.

"Guys," I say, trying to keep my voice steady, "I've decided something. If you don't want to follow me, that's fine. But I'm gonna start making things VERY difficult for the Magekillers and the Government. This is all their fault. Their fault that we don't have homes, that people don't see us as NORMAL. People have started to rebel, though. We've all heard the rumors. People are fighting back. And I'm going to, as well."

I look around at them all, my friends. They look back at me, mingled emotions on their faces. Fear, determination, anger, sadness.

"So, what do you say? Will you fight? Or will you forget that I ever said any of this?"
~Snape, AVPM

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild