z

Young Writers Society

The Shifters

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 am
SisterItaly says...

ANGEL

I wasn't sleeping, just laying very still. I could hear others talking. I wondered why no one has noticed my existence since we got back. Oh well, it didn't really matter, all my friends were safe. Well, almost all of them, a few of our warriors had been killed in the surprise attack. I unwillingly let out a sob, it wasn't very loud. But I didn't care if anyone heard it. As long as they were safe.

I hadn't noticed in my deep thoughts that i had been falling asleep. I shifted my position. Sighing loudly as i finally drifted off to sleep, like the others. But as soon as i did i knew i wasn't going to sleep well. I envisioned myself back at camp, during the fight. The tent were in flames, and all the surviving people were still there. Slowly one by one they disappeared, not like how nia and i had, and they weren't dieing. They just, poof! Gone. Once they were all gone i found myself holding a sword. A sword, something i can't use. A dark warrior approached me, ready to strike. Was my dream willing me to kill him? I-I just couldn't! I could never kill a living thing! No matter how evil and twisted it may be. My dream did other wise, i swung the sword, cutting deeply through him. Then, like the others, he disappeared.

The night terror kept replying again and again in my head. I was screaming in my dream, i don't know when i started... at the second or third time i killed him. All i knew was my dream was now filled with my terrified screams, sobbing and tears. Why couldn't i wake up already! Was i that blooming tired?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

ELINIA

Camp was impossible tonight. They were all jittery and nervous, but I could hardly blame them. Well they obviously weren't going to allow me any sleep. Angel started screaming and thrashing violently to my right, startling me.

"Ange!" I hollered. We had the attention of pretty close to the whole camp by now. "Ange! Wake up!" She wasn't waking up. What in Aquariazzi's name? Forlo was next to me in an instant.

"What's wrong with her?" he asked, sounding worried.

I shook my head. "I have no clue." I turned to the camp. "Somebody go get me a bucket of cold water! There's a stream just through those trees." I pointed the way. A younger girl nodded and ran off.

I shook Angel's shoulder lightly. Nothing but another scream. Oh for crying out loud! Who knows what was lurking around? Finally the girl appeared with the bucket of cold water, shoving it at me and stepping back. She wasn't a warrior, or a healer, but I was hardly thinking about that now. I dumped a little of the water on Ange's head.

"She aint gonna wake up easily," a gruff voice muttered from behind. Esteel!

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean she's having a dream from The Wise One. He won't let her wake up 'till it's over and she's got the message." He crossed his stubby arms across his chest. "Oh, and congradulations by the way." He grinned at Forlo.

How did he know? He's a dwarf, that's how. Not too much escapes them. "Thank you." I grinned despite myself, but it faded quickly. "How could our Wise One give somebody a dream like this?"

Esteel shook his head. "Not all o' his dreams are pleasant. This one's obviously got quite a bit of meaning hidden away in it. She'll be fine, if not a lil traumatized when she comes to."

I sighed. "She has the necklaces," I muttered.

"Necklaces?" It was Rillian, looking skeptic.

I rolled my eyes. "Nevermind for now." I turned to Esteel. "Would you be so kind as to stay with us for a bit? You seem to know a lot more about what's happening than we do."

The dwarf grinned. "I'd be honoured, lass."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm
RayneChild says...

Sorry I've been gone for the last couple of days! :oops:

Diana

Akkio was curled up next to me, and I leaned against the back of a sleeping Luvia. I stared into the fire and thoughts of tonight's events clouded my mind. I sighed after awhile. My attention was suddenly directed to Rilian, who was rolling about, not quite asleep, but I couldn't be sure that he was awake either. Eventually, he rolled toward the fire and I saw his open, troubled eyes. He looked up at me with a start.

I paused. "You've been tossing around for nearly an hour now," I whispered to him. He blinked a couple of times, as though it surprised him. "Is something wrong?"

Rilian lay there for a few seconds more before he rested his head on his hand, keeping himself up on his elbow. "I can't help but wonder... Is all this, all that we're doing, is it really worth it?" My head fell slightly to one side with confusion and he continued. "I love it, no doubt, but the Dark Warriors...and all that happened tonight... Is risking our lives worth it?"

Finally, I understood what he meant. I smiled rather darkly. "It is always 'worth it' to fight for something you love. And dying for its honor is ten times greater."

Deep thought filled Rilian's eyes as his attention turned back on the fire. From somewhere behind us, we came in on a conversation between Elinia and a dwarf.

"...has the necklaces," she was saying.

Rilian looked up quickly. "Necklaces?" He asked with wonder.

"Nevermind for now." Nia's usually tender voice was clogged with sharpness and annoyance.

Rilian and I looked at each other. Both of our faces held expressions of confusion, concern, and annoyance.

---

This is...very choppy xD
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:07 pm
SisterItaly says...

ANGEL

As the dream replayed itself once more, i figured out what it meant. A time would come when i would have to defend someone, who at the moment couldn't defend themselves. Even though i was against killing a living thing. I screamed once more before finally shooting up and awake. I was bawling my eyes out. I hugged myself closely and buried my face in my knees, i heard nia's worried voice.
"Ange! Are you okay, what happened?" I looked up at her. Trying to speak but all that came out was more sobs. So I thought it to her instead. I can't do it, I can't kill someone! Forlo interupted me before i could explain the dream.
"Angel are you alright?"
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm
eldEr says...

ELINIA

I shot Forlo a worried look, biting my lip. Esteel was beside us now, hands on his chubby little hips. "What's wrong with her?" I whispered coursely. Angel had grown on me a lot, and seeing her like this was hard.

"She'll be alright. Must have been some dream though," he assured me. Right.

How to calm her? I chewed my lip anxiously, trying to think. Shale was trying to squeeze his way between me and Forlo, curious as to what was going on. I pushed him back, doubting that a cowbra near her face would do anything to calm poor Angel down.

I sighed, absolutely clueless. This scene was starting to bring back unwanted memories. "Ange, please?" I was already getting choked up. This is exactly what my little sister had looked like the day she learned my mother had been killed. It was a totally irrelevent subject, but still.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Claudia

Angel must have had a terrible dream... I didn't know her that well, even though I should've, but I knew her well enough to tell that this had been a really bad dream... Poor Angel... but what could I do? How could I comfort her... I had never been good at that kind of a thing.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 am
jemjive says...

FORLO

"Ange, please?" begged Nia. The look on her face, I knew it well. She was thinking about a memory, and it wasn't a good one.

"No...no..no." said Angel, hugging her knees and rocking back and forth. "I couldn't, I couldn't kill someone. Not ever."

"Kill someone? Angel you don't have to, won't have too. You are too peaceful, to kind. Don't worry it will be okay. It was just a dream." I soothed.

"I do, it wasn't just a dream. He visited me, it was The Wise One." she said.

"See, didn't I tell 'ya? It was only The Wise One is wot it was." said Esteel, "Leave 'er be. No harm is comin' 'er way. I be sure of it."

Nia was still glued to he side trying to calm her down, I looked around. Surrounding Angel were worried looking faces. "Nia please," I said, "Come on leave her be." I bent down and grabbed her hand pulling her up and into my arms, kissing her forehead. "She will be okay, I promise. Has the Wise One ever hurt any of us." I asked looking her straight in the eye.

"No." she squeaked, burying her face back into my cloak.

I looked up to see that the worried faces were no faces of surprise and awe, and they were staring at Nia and I. I broke away from Nia gentlely and said to the crowd, "It has been a long day folks and this is the last time I will say it, get some rest! We leave in 4 hours, sunrise." I ordered.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:17 am
eldEr says...

ELINIA

I sighed and ignored the smug smirks of the camp. I looked over to Esteel. He looked thrilled with himself for some odd reason. "What are you grinning about?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

He just shook his head and wandered off. I rolled my eyes and took stole another glance at Angel. She still didn't look good, but there was nothing I could do. I was tired, but not sleepy. Too much had happened for me to fall asleep.

"I guess they know then huh?" I asked Forlo quietly, smirking.

"I suppose they do."

I grinned. "So I suppose it would be okay for me to do something completely irrational?"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Irrational?"

I nodded. "Very irrational." I put my arms around his neck and got on my toes, planting a nice neat kiss on his lips. My hard pounded. I never really got to finish back in the clearing. No, a certain snoop had sort of broken that one. Ah well, they'd have to club me on the side of the head to get me to let go now.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Claudia

I grinned towards Forlo and Nia. Had me finding them been a good thing? It had opened them up, I supposed... yes, I thought it might have been a good thing. Although I didn't expect anyone to realize that, not even myself.

I walked back towards my tent, feeling a little triumphant. So they had finally admitted it. Well, it was about time.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

30 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 pm
View Likes
RayneChild says...

Diana

Rilian and I watched as the scary scene unfolded. Angel was rocking back and forth, horrified beyond all belief. Akkio had awoken and was sitting up, looking over my shoulder, trying to get a good view. Nia and Forlo were kneeling by the stricken woman, trying desperately to comfort her, but nothing worked.

'What's happening?' Akkio asked me. I shook my head slowly, indicating that I had no idea.

After a minute or two, after Elinia and Forlo had given up, he stood and slowly made his way over to her. I tried grabbing at his tail, but he wagged it around and avoided me.

"Akkio!" I hissed. "Get back here! Leave her alone!"

'Wait,' he replied, not breaking his focus. 'I want to try.'

I rolled my eyes and sat back. That wolf could be so stubborn sometimes. The closer he got to the girl, the more he slowed his pace. My eyes narrowed with confusion and curiosity as I watched. He began to smell her when he got close enough. Her head was buried in her arms. Akkio stuck his nose gently into a space in her arms and gently began licking any skin he could touch. A couple of times, she pushed him away, but he was persistent.

Eventually, after, she was sick of pushing him away, Angel eventually broke and threw her arms around the concerned canine and he fell into a clumsy sitting position.

'Oof!' I heard him cry. I couldn't help but smile.

'You're the one who said you wanted to help,' I told him through my thoughts.

'Yeah yeah, shut up,' he said sarcastically. 'At least I'm helping.'

I rolled my eyes as my smile widened. Angel's tears soaked Akkio's silver fur and he lowered his head over her shoulder, in a sort of hugging, protective position.

I glanced at Rilian, then back at Angel and Akkio, and smiled.

---

:3 I hope this is okay; if it's not, just let me know and I'll change it ^^

~Rayne
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

66 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:48 pm
SisterItaly says...

ANGEL

I felt something licking my face. I tried shoving it away, but it wouldn't leave. So i threw my arms around it and started sobbing. I stroked it's fur gently. was soaking it's fur. I let go carefully.
"Thanks, friend." I loved animals, i loved anything living. It's tongue lobbed out of its mouth, i giggled. Trying to steady my breathing. I stroked it's fur, someone came and sat beside us.
"I'm Diana. This is akkio." she said, gesturing towards him.
"Angel." I said, not taking my gaze off akkio.
"Yes, he is." I smiled, holding back a laughing fit.
"No, that's my name." She smiled.
"I knew that."

The Book.

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:16 am
eldEr says...

ELINIA

I pulled away, grinning crookedly. Now that was a kiss. I turned to look at the camp, feeling slightly insane and dizzy. Dizzy in a good way. Ange was cheered up, thank the Wise One. Her and Dian were talking, which was a good thing I suppose.

I smiled and leaned on Forlo's chest, taking a deep breath. I suppose that that one got rid of any lingering doubts. Hey world! I'd just like you all to know that I just kissed the handsomest guy in the world twice in one night. Yep, he's MINE! I was in much too good a mood right now and probably scaring the chiz out of my warriors.

"Alright guys, you heard the man. Four hours and we leave. Just because I won't be able to sleep doesn't mean you shouldn't," I ordered, still leaning on Forlo. Yeah, sleeping wasn't going to happen tonight. I would probably lay awake and enjoy life while it lasted instead. My now complete, wonderfully perfect life.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 am
phantom of the potter says...

Rilian

Rilian joined Diana beside Angel.

"So," he said, smiling at her. "Feeling better now, are you?"

Angel nodded, stroking Akkio's fur. Rilian began to ask about Angel's dream, but Akkio twisted himself around to glare at Rilian. Rilian stared back, eyes narrowed. Was he being scolded by a wolf?

It took Rilian a moment to realize Diana was laughing at him and Angel was giggling. With some reluctance, Rilian broke Akkio's gaze and turned to look at his companions.

"What?" he asked, the hint of a smile on his face.

"You two looked like you were about to start growling at each other!" giggled Angel. Rilian blinked, then shook his head. He glanced at the wolf again, and was shocked to see what looked suspiciously like a satisfied smirk on Akkio's face.

"Alright guys, you heard the man. Four hours and we leave. Just because I won't be able to sleep doesn't mean you shouldn't," called Elinia from the other side of the camp. Rilian shook his head again. This time, he pointed ignored the wolf.

"I'm going to bed," said Rilian tiredly. Angel and Diana laughed at him. Rilian pursed his lips and retreated back to his bedroll. Rilian pulled his blanket over his head exasperatedly. Just as Rilian sank into sleep, he swore he heard the wolf give a soft wuff of laughter.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 am
SisterItaly says...

ANGEL

There was no way i could get back to sleep tonight. I looked up at our generals, i knew there was something going on between them. Usually I'm the quiet one, so not much escapes me. Diana stood up,
"I think I'm going to hit the sack." I nodded.
"I don't think it will be possible for me to sleep tonight." She smiled wholeheartedly.
"I hope you can, are you coming akkio?" He patted her lap. Akkio looked at me, then her, then me again. Then lobbed a big wet lick on my cheek. I smiled and ruffled the top of his head. He walked over to Diana. I lied back, looking up at the stars.

They say the stars tell legends of our ancestors. Had any of our ancestors gone to the strange world they call England? Why are we? England was terrible! I didn't want to go back anytime soon. But something told me we had to. We would have to. Not just yet. Shifting, that was the most painful experience I've ever encountered. That was a level of pain i'm certain even nia hadn't felt. I sat up and looked at her, she was talking with forlo, at least everyone was safe, for now.

The Book.

30 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 pm
RayneChild says...

Teehee ^^

Diana

As I made my way back to my bed, Akkio ran in front of me and stretched out on it, taking up the entire thing. I stopped quickly and looked down in surprise.

'Ha ha,' he laughed mockingly.

My eyes narrowed a bit. "You just think you're so funny, don't you?" I asked him sarcastically. He nodded quickly and I laughed. "Move it, fluffy," I said, pushing him off the bed roll. He yelped in surprise and darted off.

'Are you about done?' Asked Luvia, obviously very annoyed that she had been kept up the entire night.

Akkio and I looked at each other, then back at the irritated horse.

I shrugged. "Maybe."

Akkio nipped at her tail a couple of times, but stopped immediately when Luvia threatened to kick him. Tail tucked between his legs, Akkio backed off and curled up at the front of the bed. Using him as a pillow, I laid down and stared into the fire until I fell asleep.

---

8D
---

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola