Young Writers Society

The Shifters

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 am
eldEr says...

A quick note:
Spoiler! :
Well, if you've ever been in chat and have heard me talking about Aquariazzi...ahahaha...Or even my avatar ;) It's my own little made-up world and i've decided to make an SB about it! I'll have a map of it posted as soon as I can finish it!

You're stuck in the middle of a rebelion...
It's been 5 years since the fall of Aquara. The land is still in it's rebellion with the Dark Warriors, a race of the blood-thirsty that were corrupted by the Kirasha during the fall. Their numbers are many, and they are dangerous.
You are caught in the middle of the rebelion. Perhaps you're a warrior. Or maybe you're a healer. Perhaps even an orphan, victim of the rebellion.
Whatever you are, somehow you've come across the others. The warriors were seperated during a surprise attack, the healers in the camp scattered by that same attack. The orphans are running aimlessly, trying to avoid certain death.
Either way, you've found others, found hope. You band together. Two of you are shifters. You have the ability to travel to their reality. You can take who you wish, but the shifting is a painful experience. A pain envelopes you, runs down your spine, takes over your whole body. What's worse is that it is so immense screaming doesn't come easily, but you can't shift until you scream. Hold on tight, this is a bumpy ride.
Stay alive, fight, stay together, unravel the secrets of their world and find a way to stop the rebellion and restore peace.

The year is 1803...
You're home in England, far from Aquariazzi. Heck, you don't even know it exists. Life isn't too shabby for you, infact, it's really nice.
Until an Aquarian elder cries out for help from The Wise One. He sends for you. Suddenly you're enveloped in a pain unlike any other. Finally you scream and the world grows black. You awake to find yourself in the palace gardens in where other than Aquariazzi itself.
A man in a white robe appears to you and tells you to seek help from the small band that has been seperated. He has already told the Shifters there that you will appear. They will be waiting at the Mirage hills. An elderly woman finds you, a messenger of The Wise One come to show you the way.
Your return to England is only hours away. You and the other two shifters must seek the help of the others in the group to help you tame your power. You must learn to control it, the fate of Aquariazzi...and their world rests in your hands. What will you do now my friend?

RULES
-NO God-modding!

-Please use at least 550 characters while making a post. It really isn't that much, so please try to follow that rule

-No killing off characters without their permission

-The slots open are the slots open. Extra characters and the mythical creatures are all NPC's and can be killed and created at will.

-Please don't say you have travelled from one side of Aquariazzi to the other in a matter of hours. It's a journey that takes at least two weeks. Keep that in mind.

-Sex is allowed, but please DO NOT post anything overly descriptive. People really don't want to read exactly what happened. Keep it to a minimum.
--> Mod note: Just to reiterate this! Graphic sex scenes are NOT allowed in storybooks at all! ~ Snoink

-Aquarians don't have the same cuss words we do. Theirs are:
Gore, Bilster (Bilstering, Bilstered), Nug
And then they will catch onto some of our English cuss words too ;)

-Aquarians can have 3 minor powers. Make sure that they are beneficial to your character.

-Only generals have flaming weapons ;)

-First come, first serve. If somebody has claimed a general or a shifter before you, then take another role. They're just as important.

-Once we start, try to let everybody make their first posts before getting into things.

Character Slots Open:
General 1 (Shifter)-Isha-
General 2 *********-jemjive-
Healer 1 (Shifter)-allmixedup-
Healer 2 *********-sunstarfrozenlife-
Warrior 1 ********-RayneChild
Warrior 2*********-Phantom of the Potter
Warrior 3*********-Fox-
Orphan 1**********-Kawyiia-
Orphan 2**********-WhiteTiger93-
English (Shifter)-Apple-
English 2********-
English 3********-

Character Template:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English):

Personality:

Dislikes:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Powers (If Aquarian):

Up for love:

Other:

Map of Aquariazzi
Spoiler! :
MAP.jpg
MAP.jpg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 984 times

The Lands
Spoiler! :
The Palace
Well, obviously it's the palace where the Empress and Emporer live.

Aquana City
One of the only 2 cities in Aquariazzi.
Population: 48,000

Training Grounds
Training grounds for apprentice warriors and healers

Coromen Forest
A very large, very beautiful forest. There are Dwarves that live here and if you should get lost, going to them first is a good idea. Most of them are very friendly. I emphasize the MOST. It's extremely easy to get lost here, watch your step.

The Burnt Meadow
Once was a stunning meadow that was burnt during the fall of Araqua. It seperates the rest of Aquariazzi from the Forbidden Forest.

The Forbidden Forest
A forest that has been forbidden since the dawn of time. Araqua touched the pole that lies in it, setting free the Kirashia.

Stellana Town
A small trading town. Lots of markets here.
Population: 1020

The Crystal Forest
The only place in any world or reality that has soil fertile enough to sustain the Crystal Trees. It's a stunning place full of the trees. The trees produce an incredible fruit called a Crystal Berry. It's a delicacy in Aquariazzi and has been for many years.

Kort Mountains
A very large moutnain range. There are a few tiny settlements dotting the area, none of which have an official name.

Vierre River
A very old river that is home to a race of fish-people called the Kotata. They are very kind-hearted towards the Aquarians and are always eager to lend a helping hand.

Torl Caves
Three main caves and dozens upon dozens of many smaller ones and tunnels. It is dangerous ground here, as this is where the Dark Warriors live and train. their numbers are growing quickly. Best to stay away.

Katona River
Katona is an old Aquarian word for fear and terror. This river is where the Dark Warriors perform their rituals and torture their prisoners. The ground and water is littered with their victims' corpses.

Castella Mountains
An incredibly beautiful mountain range. It's rumoured that The Wise One dwells here in a hidden palace.

Tormorant Village
A very small, peaceful village. They are the people who have chosen not to fight unless they have absolutely no choice.
Population: 210

Mirage Hills
These hills hold wonder. People who travel here often see things that aren't there. Be weary all who dare enter here. Things aren't always what they seem.

Cyper's Cliff
An extremely high cliff that drops straight into the ocean.

Tor Cliffs
A series of cliffs that drop into the oceans. Thrill seekers often come here to cliff-jump.

Kalona Village
A small fishing village that tends to keep to itself.
Population: 523

Sea Port
It's well...a sea port.

Kosha City
The second Aquarian city. It's very busy and rather cheerful here.
Population: 16,200

Korsha Desert
A large desert that's in a very strange spot indeed.

Komen Lake
A small lake of a strange pink water. It seems to heal infections in wounds.

The Fog Lands
A land that is home to the Centaurs and Fire Birds of Aquariazzi. They were once allies of the Aquarian warriors, but the land has been cut off.

Fog Mountains
A mountain range in the Fog Lands home to the Fire Birds

Fog Lake
A lake in the Fog Lands, home to a much more viscious race of Kotata. Stay away.

Fog Village
Home to the centaurs in The Fog Lands.
Population: 526

Terror Bridge
A bridge filled with terrors beyond your wildest dreams. It cuts off Aquariazzi from the Fog Lands.

Hunting Grounds
A very large hunting ground dedicated to the semi-annual Big Hunt.

Festival Grounds
A grounds where all of Aquariazzi gather for major festivals such as the Spring and Winter Fesitals as well as the Thanks Fest.

The Fall Of Araqua
Spoiler! :
Five years ago, Aquariazzi lived in peace. The Wise One visited the people frequently, lavishing them in love and care. There was only one rule. Nobody was to enter the forbidden forest and under no circumstances were they to touch the pole that stood in it. If anybody was to touch it, Tormoran and dark creatures called the Kirashia would be released into the land.
They would torment and corrupt the minds of the Aquarians; forcing the knowledge and peace from their minds. They would be transformed into the Dark Warriors.
Despite the warnings, an elder who seeked knowledge walked into the Forbidden Forest. The Kirashia tempted him, promising him power. The pole was touched and the Kirashia were freed.
All hell has broken loose. It's a fight to the finish, for the land of Aquariazzi and to bring The Wise One back into reign.
Last edited by eldEr on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Angel

appearance:
Spoiler! :

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English): Healer 1!

Personality: She is kind and caring, doesn't get angry, and has never turned anyone down who needs her help. Of course, unless you try and hurt her.

Likes: Helping people, being surrounded by others, seeing people in love

Dislikes: Being hurt, being alone, arguments, not knowing what is going on

Skills: She is a healer, so obviously she heals people. She is very understanding and can end almost any argument. She is very flexible.

Weaknesses: The dark, being alone and she is a little claustrophobic, not very strong

Powers (If Aquarian): she can heal people by the touch of her hand, but in return she feels the pain

Up for love: most certainly

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:04 am
View Likes
jemjive says...

GENERAL #2! Ahaha :)
Last edited by jemjive on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name: Claudia Kateesha

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English): Healer 2

Personality: She's smart, sarcastic, funny, interesting. She can also be stubborn, annoying.

Dislikes: Brats, annoying people, her powers.....

Skills: Fast, coordinated, good at thinking things out logically.

Weaknesses: She can let her opinions blind her, she has a tendancy to be convinced MUCH TO EASILY....

Powers (If Aquarian): She can heal people but it is very hard to do and takes away much of her stamina.

Up for love: Sure! :D

Other: ....hi?
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:01 am
Apple says...

I'll take the English one. :D

Name:Sybil Fluer

Personality:Sybil is the kind of girl that won't say anything mean about someone even if they have a red mark on the side of their neck the size of New York. She doesn't like to insult others and can easily get hurt if people whisper behind her back about the things she does. She is just a cheery girl, and though she can come across as air headed; Sybil is someone who can easily make friends.

Likes:Sybil likes people. She's a peoples person and loves making new friends. Her whole life revolves around her dying sister, who Sybil would and often has to give her life for. Sybil has donated blood twice to try and cure her sister, both times failing. Another thing that Sybil loves is chess. She is practically a walking and breathing chess board, memorising each and every space.

Dislikes:Sybil hates illusions. She cannot stand being lead on, or people leaving their families. Divorce is a concept which she shudders visibly for. Rats and mice are another thing on Sybil's list. Ever since she was young, and found herself lying next to a rat Sybil has hated them, accidently killing the one in her room. She cried for weeks though her fear only grew when she watched a documentary on their breading cycle.

Skills:Sybil is very commited and will strive to fufil her wishes. She is also very fast and agile winning trophies in track and field events.

Weaknesses: Sybil always struggles to please people. It is something that she ever so badly wants to fufil. She isn't very strong and can easily be beaten down. Her right leg is also very because of her ankle, which often swells up.

Powers (If Aquarian):N/A

Up for love: Yes.

Other:
Spoiler! :
I spy!

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:17 pm
eldEr says...

Name: Elinia (Nia for short)

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English): Warrior General

Personality: She is very witty and sarcastic and has a good sense of humour. She's also desperately romantic, but she tries hard not to show it. She is a born leader and does not take orders well. Though she can be peppy and talkative, she has long streaks where she will be silent and deep in thought for hours. This is a good time not to tick her off, as her temper can be a dangerous thing indeed. She's also very defensive and opinionated, willing to speak her mind and nothing comes between her and those she loves.

Likes: Her sword, her land, stories, books, music, dance, poetry, romance, flowers, rain, sunsets, swimming, moon and star gazing, animals, babies, children, leading

Dislikes: Arrogance, snobs, Dark Warriors, following

Skills: She is an incredible close-combat fighter and is very agile. She can take down any trained man twice her size. She's also an incredible dancer and singer as well as a strong swimmer.

Weaknesses: She does not follow orders well at all and that gets her into trouble. She's also hypoglocimic meaning she has to eat very regularly or she will get quite sick. (About every 3 hours)

Powers (If Aquarian): She can control fire, water and can transfer/gather thoughts. (She can only read thoughts if they are completely unguarded or if they are directed at her)

Up for love: Why do we even put this slot here? HECK YEAH!

Other: Well...if you know me... She's got a flaming sword and of course a cloak. A white one with red around the edges... *shifty eyes* Oh, and also if you know me...she's got a pet cowbra named Shale. He's ridiculously loyal and more well-trained than a seeing-eye dog.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:45 pm
RayneChild says...

Now, I know all the characters so far have been girls, and thus we need more guys, but I just can't resist x) Woman warriors are so cool!

Name: Diana

Personality: Born in the Coromen Forest, Diana grew up to be a skilled and agile huntress. She loves to run and spend time with animals. She's very loyal to Nia and would do anything for her. Her skills in fighting and hunting make her a little bit conceited, but otherwise she is a kind girl, and enjoys making friends. She's not afraid of anything and loves a challenge. She's not exactly a tomboy, but is by no means a girly-girl.

Likes: Hunting for food, animals, the dark, fighting, riding her hrse through the fog lands, and running.

Dislikes: Hunting for sport, the Dark Warriors, cold, dresses, frilly things, and losing a fight.

Skills: She's incredible with a bow and arrow and a gun. She's a fast runner, a skilled climber, and can run easily through trees and on rocky terrain. She's also very strong and a skilled fighter.

Weaknesses: She doesn't trust easily and she's a bit of a slow learner.

Powers: She can communicate with animals and manipulate water

Up for love: Yessum :)

Other:
Spoiler! :
She also wears a long, black, hooded cloak. The wolf is her companion, Akkio :3 She doesn't know it, but the jewel around her neck was given to her by her mother. She's had it ever since she can remember. She never knew either of her parents and has set a goal for herself to find them - or what happened to them. She also has a Palomino horse, Luvia.
Last edited by RayneChild on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take the last warrior!

Name: Rilian

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English): Warrior

Personality: Rilian will either be your character's best friend, or a thorn in their side. He's arrogant and flirtatious at the best of times, but a true friend and loyal companion to have on your side. When he devotes himself to something, Rilian sticks to it through thick and thin. He is desperately loyal to his country and would do anything to save it. However, this doesn't entitle that Rilian can't be snarky and sarcastic on the way.

Likes: Laughing, carelessness, getting on people's nerves, triumphing over adversaries, his country,

Dislikes: seriousness, authority figures (he isn't rebellious, but doesn't see their point), snobs, squeamish people, Dark Warriors

Skills: He's excellent at ranged weaponry. Rilian is light on his feet and knows how to pick his battles. He won't attempt to fight something when he can't win, choosing instead to wait until he has the advantage.

Weaknesses: Rilian is a pessimist. When thing are going rough, he can use his pessimism to fuel his drive for a while, but soon it gets too heavy for Rilian to handle. When this happens, Rilian looses much of his passion and heart that makes him great at what he does.

Powers (If Aquarian): Rilian can boost moral in his fellows, as long as they are receptive to it. He can create a weak protection around himself and others that is useful for weak ranged weapons, but useless against close-combat.

Up for love: Yes

Other: He looks like this, but without the pointy-elvish ears. http://saimain.deviantart.com/art/Just-admit-it-you-like-me-142439695?q=boost%3Apopular+blonde+man&qo=54
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 pm
eldEr says...

Oh my gosh! I forgot to put in slots for the two orphany people!
*Facepalms*
Heh...I'll just add that now then... *blushes*
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:06 pm
eldEr says...

Oh, and we REALLY need guys here people!
Like...REALLY!
I'm going to open up a couple more spots besides the two orphany people.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Kenakora (Kena)

Appearance: She looks like most of the others from her village in the Kort Mountains: Red hair, light blue eyes, and very pale skin.
Spoiler! :

Occupation (Warrior, healer, orphan, English): Orphan

Personality: She is afraid of most people, and doesn't like rough situations. She had a tough past, and isn't much of a talker. She stutters when she does talk, and tends to babble in her villages native language if she gets really scared. But she is easily frightened, so she babbles a lot. But she is actually quite intelligent, and an observer.

Likes: the sun, flowers, being away from large crowds, writing

Dislikes: most people, large crowds, horses

Skills: writing, she is observant

Weaknesses: babbles a lot, shy, doesn't like most people

Powers (If Aquarian): she can understand and speak any language if it is spoken to her first

Up for love: if she is at ease around you, and trusts you, sure

Other: When she was five, both her parents died after being murdered by a Dark Warrior. Her whole village was destroyed. She only barley made it out alive, and that was because she had been at a stream collecting water. When she came back, her whole village was destroyed. Her parents were dead. She walked to the nearest village, Stellana town, and a couple took her in. Once she turned ten, however, they kicked her out. She began to greatly dislike people after that. She stole three weeks worth of food from them, and walked to the Aquana City. She disliked the hustle and bustle there, and in less than a week, left for Kalona village. The small village suited her perfectly, and that’s where she chose to stay.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:46 pm
Fox says...

Can I join??? I'll be a guy. There are a lot of girls, so I figured you'd need one...
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

I'll save a spot for an orphan. :)
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm
eldEr says...

Alright. Everybody who has asked for a spot can have one.
I'm waiting for a reply from 2 friends (you know who you are 'cause I PM'ed you ;))
Other than that I don't think we have any room for anybody else xD
Sorry guys!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 pm
jemjive says...

removed
Last edited by jemjive on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe