z

Young Writers Society

Avatar: the other last air bender.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 am
Bloo says...

SO, yeah, this is already closed unless I asked you. So, don;t bother asking.

If you were then here is the idea.

Basically, the Avatar can not bend. He was born without the ability too, but is the avatar. His masters did not give up though, they sent him on with some of the best benders around, around his age, and sent them off on a journey. They are to try and awaken the avatar bending with in him on it.

So, plot is this, we do whatever the heck pops into our minds, and the plot can go from there. We'll start as they all meet in Ba-Sing-sa for their briefing, and then to infinity and beyond!

So then, rules

Rules!
Normal SB ones, and YWS ones
I don;t care other then that
Also, 300 word minimum for it

Profile-
Name

Picture/Appearence:

Personality:

Skills/bending abilities:

Weaknesses:

History:

Other:
Last edited by Bloo on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Name Tala

Age 19

Sex Female

Picture/Appearance:

Spoiler! :

*That but with blue eyes.*

Personality: A cold woman that sees morality as black and white. She hates fire benders and considers all of them to be evil. Amongst her people she has been labelled cold for her lack of emotions and her willingness to kill anyone that can fire bend. She hates dealing with stupid people and will often reprimand people she seems to be stupid. Since she hates fire benders so much she kills them without regard and looks down on those who don’t have the resolve to kill.

Skills/bending abilities: A master water bender of the Southern water tribe. She is very skilled at freezing water part of the reason she is called the ice queen. She has no aptitude for healing. While travelling she discovered blood bending and uses it only against fire benders.

Weaknesses: She is narrow minded and bigoted towards all that come from the fire nation this makes her very not trusting and makes it impossible for her to work with fire benders. She can't heal and like most water benders she is limited to bending depending on her surroundings.

History: When she was a child she went on a journey with her parents. While they were travelling a group of fire nation soldiers captured them and killed her parents and tried to abduct her. After several years of being imprisoned she slowly began to figure out blood bending and killed the ones that has captured her before escaping. She returned to her village and dedicated herself to learning all she could about water bending with the soul goal of killing any and all fire benders. When a new avatar was chosen she volunteered to be the representative of the water benders.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

39 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:45 am
Bloo says...

Profile-
Name- Takki, goes by Tak
Age- 17
Sex- Male

Picture/Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Personality: At first Takki isn't gonna be all that fun. He is still in shock about the Avatar jazz, and plus he can;t bend. He feels like everyone is thinking of him as some sick rat, and both wants to prove himself, and go cry. Eventually he will lighten up as they go into more fun. At that point his real personality will come out. He is rather calm and easy going, and has a sort of wit, which is more funny as in its really unfunny and stupid. He rushes into battle despite not having any real chance against benders. And above all else, is just a tensely laid back guy, yes oxymoron. He is also below most people's morals in some ways, and doesn't think much about stealing what he needs.

Skills/bending abilities: He is the avatar, and so he can go into the spirit world, and speak to his former Avatar's through a half spirit world state. He has no bending abilities though. He is skilled in direct combat though, having lived on the streets as a street thief. He is also skilled in several combat weapons, and keeps them on him.

Weaknesses: He can not bend, and has a very rash mind. He rushes into battle, with decent plans, but thought to quickly to be executed right. He is also rather untrustworthy, and will often take things with out questioning the moral wrongness. He also has knack to not listening when people tell him to stay still and not try and fight.

History: His mom died while giving birth to him, and his dad reluctantly had to take care of him. His dad was rarely home after he turned five and was deemed old enough to take care of himself. Tak learned from there that he was on his own, and started to live on the streets and make money off suckers, stealing and rigging bets. When he was seventeen he stole some precious artifacts, which he thought were just expensive toys, and planned to sell them. He was then declared the Avatar, having chosen the four toys that all Avatars before him had as well. And because he could not bend, there was a lot of crap after wards.

Other: Was given a Messenger Hawk before he left on his journey, as communication.
Last edited by Bloo on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 am
Octave says...

Name: Devdan

Sex: Male

Picture/Appearence: Dev has that cocky, laid-back look going on. Dirty blond hair and unseeing glassy green eyes that tend to unnerve people. Is usually smirking. Pretty tall and well-built, as expected of an earthbender.

Personality: Devdan is cunning and sly, always observing everything through the vibrations on the ground around him. He takes advantage of people quite often and doesn't think twice about it. He loathes being pitied but isn't averse to using it to meet his own ends. He's hyperaware of everything all the time.

He most especially hates being compared to Toph, whom he believes to be on a whole different level from him. Will poke fun at the unbending avatar and will nickname people from time to time. He's rather laid-back and easygoing - or at least, he seems like it, because in his head he's always paying attention and working out stuff.

Skills/bending abilities: Pretty much mastered earth/mud/metalbending. Is an okay sandbender.

Weaknesses: Like his teacher Toph, Devdan is blind and only "sees" through the vibrations on the ground. Without it he can't tell much, and taking him away from the earth will strip him of the ability to earthbend. His style is akin to Toph's in that it relies heavily on the lower body and, although able to earthbend with his arms, it's considerably weaker earthbending. Also cannot bend wood. ._. Dislikes bending sand because he's only average there.

Also, because he's blind he isn't able to see some things and is often frustrated by this. He also tends to play strictly by the rules, refusing to kill anybody and only profiting from those he deems evil. He follows his screwed-up moral code so strictly it lands him into trouble lots of times. Finally, he tends to hold grudges. Really really really hold them. And gets obsessed with the thought of getting revenge.

History: Devdan was born to a powerful family in the earth kingdom. He expressed his interesting in bending at a young age and his parents gave him the best teachers they could give. It still wasn't enough for him since none of them seemed to understand how he had to see and all of them were waiting for him to automatically be some great bender like Toph. Tired of it, he requested his parents for badgermoles and spent his time trying to learn from them. Eventually he attracted the attention of Toph, who then taught him more than a few things about the advantages of being blind.

When the artifacts were stolen and the avatar was declared to be a non-bender, Devdan was called by the already-old-but-still-denying-it Toph, who claimed that she had enough of teaching incompetent people to earthbend and that it was his job now. Needless to say he's far from happy.

Other: ...?
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm
Fox says...

is it okay if I join???
Last edited by Fox on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

39 Reviews

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Bloo says...

read the top part, I said if I didn't ask you personally, no.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Okay, so I know that you don't want anyone else to joing that you didn't ask but I'm going to read it since I'm literaly OBSESSED with it.

Oh, and PheonixBishop, haven't you seen the final episode? The fire nation and the rest of the world are now at peace with each other thanks to Zuko. I'm sure some of them are holding grudges and are still wary of them but hate? Thinking they are all evil? That's just my opinion. Sorry to take up space you don't want me to use. I just wanted to put it out there.
Live, Love, Laugh

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 am
Octave says...

fictionfanatic wrote:Oh, and PheonixBishop, haven't you seen the final episode? The fire nation and the rest of the world are now at peace with each other thanks to Zuko. I'm sure some of them are holding grudges and are still wary of them but hate? Thinking they are all evil? That's just my opinion. Sorry to take up space you don't want me to use. I just wanted to put it out there.

I'll handle this one. ^^ We've figured that part out.

See, just because Zuko is king doesn't mean everyone will accept him. Azula is still alive (albeit insane) and there would always be rebels no matter what kind of country you are. The fact that they were so close to conquering the world when Zuko stopped their conquest only worsens things. There will certainly be rebellious factions that will go and try to stir up trouble.

As for you joining, I'm leaving it to Bolt. ^^
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

39 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 am
Bloo says...

Fox, I said no.

And fiction, feel free to read if you want, your choice. lol

Thanks for doing that, Kara.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:56 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Also to address your question Fiction. My character is bigoted . I even state that. Plenty of people show hatred towards others for no apparent reason. That's just part of life.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Fox says...

I know that you said no. You already told me that. I didn't ask again.

By the way, Azula is dead. They didn't show her dying because it's a kid's show. Her being all crazy and stuff was resembling her dying.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

39 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:29 pm
Bloo says...

Azula isn't dead, she was sent a mental health facility And you sort of did ask, when I responded to you, you edited in more question marks, knowing the answer.

Anyway, if you're not going to be in this, please don't post in this. Rather clunky now.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:47 am
Kale says...

I am working on a profile. And searching for a wiki. Here's hoping I, in all my ignorant glory, do not botch things up. @_@

Still working on the profile.

Finished!

Name: Chen
Sex: Male

Picture/Appearance: Chen has shoulder-length, dark brown hair which he rarely ties up or back. It usually hangs loose and messy around his head, with his bangs, which are unevenly cut in a "stylishly fetching" manner, framing his heart-shaped face. As a result, he is constantly brushing his hair out of his gray eyes.

Despite his decided lack of exercise, Chen remains fairly trim, if not exactly muscular. His long limbs and slender build lend him an air of self-claimed lanky rakishness, a perception he maintains by lounging around with calculated carelessness, taking pains to keep his appearance on the jaunty side of disheveled.

Personality: If there is one word that could be used to describe Chen, that word would be "bratty". He's extremely whiny, immature, and spoiled, expects everything to be done for him, and is lazy, to boot. He's not above throwing tantrums to get what he wants or using his looks to elicit favors from others, especially women. Chen can be charming when he wants to be, but an absolute brat if he doesn't get exactly what he wants. And considering that his demands are often impossible, absolute brattery is his default personality mode.

Skills/Bending Abilities: Firebender -- his two favorite techniques are Fire Lashes and the Shield of Fire. He also possesses a mastery of whining, complaining, tantrum-throwing, stubbornness, and ability to irritate people into attempting murder. Chen also possesses some insane luck and a drive for survival.

Weaknesses: Chen relies entirely upon his bending for combat. Negate his bending, and he's essentially helpless. Due to his laziness, Chen's technique is not as great as it could be, and he has very little stamina.

History: Chen is the second son of a family of rich merchants and was raised in the Fire Nation Capital. As such, from an early age, he got used to getting whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, without having to work for it. Being the second son, there never were any expectations for him to be anything great, so Chen got into the habit of lazing around and doing nothing, to the dismay of his private tutors, especially his Firebending instructor.

When news reached the Capital of the Avatar who could not bend, somehow or another, his Firebending instructor managed to convince Chen's parents that journeying with and teaching the Avatar the principles of Firebending would be a great opportunity for their son; in any case, it would teach the boy responsibility, and maybe improve his own technique. And so Chen was sent on this (in his opinion) pointless mission.

Oh well. At least it'll be easy.

Other: None.
Last edited by Kale on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 am
Fox says...

Okay, fine, Azula isn't dead. And I knew the answer, I was trying to delete my question, but I couldn't so I just re-did it. I didn't know I added more question marks. Sorry. I already knew it was a no.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 am
cheeb says...

OH CRAP I'M SORRY. >< Me not getting my lazy ass on the computer for the last 3 nights + me forgetting about this SB entirely = very very very late profile. >><<

Name: Sabi (pronounced "Sabby")
Sex: Female

Appearance: Brown hair is fashioned into pigtails, green eyes highlight the dark skin inherited from mother Katara. Generally wears a blue dress very similar to Katara's. Prefers not to wear shoes.

Personality: The daughter of Aang and Katara. Bubbly and friendly. She is always friendly to Takki and the others, whether they are friendly to her or in a good mood, no matter what. However, this causes her to bottle up her negative emotions, causing her to occasionally lose her temper and explode when things are particularly grim. All in all she just wants everyone to be happy.

Skills & Bending: Can airbend, enabling her to both attack and defend with relative ease. She is also a half-decent cook.

Weaknesses: Due to her overly friendly attitude, others have a tendency to walk all over her, and depending on the other characters' behaviour she may wind up bearing more than her fair share of chores.

History: Aang died when Sabi was very young. His death was a great burden on Katara, Sabi's mother, and so Sabi developed her bubbly personality by always acting cheerful in an attempt to cheer up her depressed mother. Occasionally Katara tried to teach Sabi waterbending, but to no avail; however, Sabi accidentally displayed her airbending during one such lesson, and has been honing her abilities ever since. At the start of the SB she still lives with Katara (apparently in the same village or city as Takki).

Other: Nothing.
Last edited by cheeb on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson