Young Writers Society

island games *details inside*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon May 31, 2010 10:58 am
SisterItaly says...

started, accepting

Plot

you and x amount of people are all lost on a deserted island, you have food, a real shelter (house), and all of the necessities you need. The house is surrounded by forest, there is a beach, and a dock, but no boat. Once a week while you are all sleeping food appears in boxes on the dock. But of course even though everything you need is being handed to you, there is a problem. None of you know anything about yourselves.

You don't know how you got there. You don't know who these other people are. You don't know why your there. You don't know anything about your past. All you know is your name. Later on the people discover there are cameras all around the island. That's when they find a note and the game begins. The only rule, get off the island alive.
rules!

-Cussing is allowed, but please don't be too vulgar.

-Please, no descriptive sex scenes. Nobody really wants to read exactly what happened.

-NO God-modding, every one has weaknesses, they make the character more... real

-Please keep posts over 550 characters. It's not lots, so please keep that in mind. no one likes one liners.

-Please keep the girl/boy ratio even. You can have 2 characters.

-please make their weaknesses REAL. Nothing puny and pathetic that really won't affect anything.

-Please try to post regularly, it's nice to have new posts to read through. I understand it is hard to keep up with the over posters, but please try, for me *puppy dog face*

-no killing of characters without the makers permission! In fact no making a character do anything but talk without the makers permission!
(of course you can do whatever to your own character)

-please try not to change your post unless its ooc (out of character)

character template

name:

Age (roughly):

Appearance:(please try and post a pic, no anime)

weaknesses:

strengths:

dislikes:

personality:

are you up for love?:

other:
Last edited by SisterItaly on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 am
SisterItaly says...

name: Tracey (Rather thorn)

Age (roughly): 16-17

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

weaknesses: over emotional, depressing, loud noises, weak arms, doesn't get angry

strengths: can be alone for long periods of time, not afraid to speak her mind, is very fast

dislikes: overly happy people, bright colors, fluffy moments, being over crowded, people who tell her not to cut herself

personality: quiet, depressing, doesn't know much about getting to know other people. Wishes she could remember her past. She's very defensive, often crossing her arms over her chest.

are you up for love?: she doesn't know what love is, but is someone would show her then yes

other: she's not afraid to show her cuts
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

name: Allegra

Age (roughly): About seventeen or eighteen. I don't know

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

weaknesses: Allegra has ADHD, she can't function when pressured, and she can never choose between two or more options.

strengths: Allegra is good at persuading, she's creative, and she's willing to do anything to defend herself and the people she loves.

likes: The beach, water, goofing off, making friends, laughing, smiling, being outdoors, the stars, doing adventures

dislikes: Medicine for her ADHD, being gloomy, having to be serious, being lonely for to long, Alaska

personality: Allegra is a fun loving, outgoing, 'I don't care what you think of me' kind of person. She's pretty flirtatios, she's always doing something unexpected. She hates to see anyone in pain, upset, depressed, or anything like it. She loves anything adventurous or dangerous and she can't turn down a dare. She's also always very hyper.

are you up for love?: Sure

other: She doesn't take medicine for her ADD because it makes her gloomy.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon May 31, 2010 4:33 pm
JaneThermopolis says...

Name: Kitty

Age (roughly): 15 - 16?

Appearance:(please try and post a pic, no anime) Don't know how to post a pic, so I'm just going to describe. Kitty has long, dark brown hair with choppy bangs and really pretty hazel eyes. She has a small nose, bright pink, supple lips and thickish eyebrows.

weaknesses: Is really insecure, doesn't like animals, isn't the greatest at making friends.

strengths: Is a natural born leader, very intelligent

dislikes: Any wild animal that gets close to her, having to get along with people

personality: Outgoing but not the friendliest person

are you up for love?: Sure

other: -
Apple of my soul,
Eats me whole,
Take one bite,
No delight,
Rotting hole.

66 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 8:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

to post a pic you post this [spoiler][img][*/img][/*spoiler] put the website in the middle and take out the *'s... we need more MALES!

The Book.

Reviews: 0
Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 pm
AirSouls says...

name: Heidi

Age (roughly): 19

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

weaknesses: She is very weak.

strengths: Heidi is very intelligent. She can come up with possible solutions. She can outwit people. Heidi can very easily trick people into doing what she wants.

dislikes: negative people, darkness and people who give up.

personality: Heidi is mostly a sweet person. She enjoys getting to know people. She doesn't give up in a situation and is very persistent. She can be mischievous by tricking people.

are you up for love?: yes
The only thing we fear is fear itself.

A compromise is an agreement where both parties get what neither of them wanted.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

66 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 pm
SisterItaly says...

name: Dylan

Age (roughly): 18-19

Appearance:(please try and post a pic, no anime)
Spoiler! :

weaknesses: he's limp in his left leg, not very good at being sensitive, has a soft spot for girls that usually puts him in trouble

strengths: he is physically strong and intelligent. Quick on his feet when his leg isn't hurting.

likes: When he meets thorn he kinda has a thing for her, he loves sports, people, bright objects

dislikes: this island, the fact thorn cuts herself, girls who are clingy

personality: First to fight if its to defend someone, if it's himself he could care less. Very sensitive, and always every ones shoulder to cry on.

are you up for love?: he likes thorn but she doesn't seem interested

other: no moustache, that's just... ew

The Book.

Reviews: 0
Mon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm
AirSouls says...

name: Aaron

Age (roughly): 18

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

weaknesses: Aaron isn't very patient. He wants results right away.

strengths: He is very strong and athletic.

likes: running, sweet girls, swimming, music and crazy adventures.

dislikes: waiting and staying on task.

personality: Aaron is thoughtful and nice. He is very outgoing and he likes to make people laugh.

are you up for love?: yes

other:
The only thing we fear is fear itself.

A compromise is an agreement where both parties get what neither of them wanted.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon May 31, 2010 9:29 pm
Razcoon says...

Name: Kade

Age (roughly): 16

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Weaknesses: She has a prosthetic leg, but she's used to it and can move rather fast, although it makes her stump rather sore and hard to deal with, even with her high threshold to pain. Kade also has anger issues and mood-swings. She's bipolar. She doesn't feel pain as much as other people[Strength and Weakness].

Strengths: Her anger issues make her lethal when she needs to be. She can fight very well, and has survival skills. She doesn't feel pain as much as other people[Strength and Weakness].

Dislikes: Confusion, rejection, "gushy talk", fast food.

Personality: She's sweet most of the time, but acts a little too innocent when she does something wrong. If someone gets her mad, she's seriously pissed and would attack if provoked enough. She can be cynical sometimes, but friendly others.

Are you up for love?: Yep!

Other: Her inability to feel pain as sharply as others is a strength because she can doesn't stop whatever she may be doing for anything even when she's badly hurt. It's a weakness because she doesn't know when she IS badly hurt, or how badly.
Last edited by Razcoon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

114 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 pm
Razcoon says...

Just saying, this sounds an awful lot like Maze Runner by James Dashner. Is it Maze Runner inspired?
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

66 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

never heard of it... sorry

The Book.

114 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 11:14 pm
Razcoon says...

They're trapped in this place in the center of a maze, every day certain people go out to search for an exit while trying not to be bitten by grievers, and the walls around where they stay shut at night. There's a hole in the ground at one spot where things come out, like food and other necessities. Once a month, another person comes out, confused and unsure of how they got there, with no memory whatsoever. Once they tried tying a rope around a boy and lowering him down, but he was cut clean in half by something. I'm just saying the stranded and food parts sound uncannily similar. And the amnesia.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 am
SisterItaly says...

nope never heard of it

The Book.

114 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 am
View Likes
Razcoon says...

Weird. Oh well, it's good, you should read it.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 am
Day says...

I may join soon, and of course since I'm a dude I'll make a boy character.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda