z

Young Writers Society

Malefactor

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 31, 2010 5:14 am
FinalFreedom says...

This is kind of a spin off of a storybook I started a while back, but I'm sure the idea has been used before so I in no way claim copyright, he he :)

The Plot

Thieves, criminals, murderers. Bring them all to me; seat them all at my knees. Make them my slaves.
--
War is on the horizon Chancellor. I hereby order your men to go, to find them all out. Bring them all to me; seat them all at my knees. Make them my slaves.
--
The last war flag has been dropped. It is us against the rest, but we shall create a much powerful weapon. Find them. Bring them all to me; seat them all at my knees. Make them my slaves.

An excerpt from the Letter of Declaration, sent by Overlord Proktor to Chancellor Vane.

He hunts you. You, the deadliest criminals; those all locked away in the highest security, those who once stood chances at destroying your home lands. He needs you to fight for him, to act in his stead as admirals in his army. However, his army is not what you would expect. It is composed of the most vile creations; animals scientifically altered to become better predators. Here you stand, as the Black Knights in his chimeric army; but you have no choice.

You all awake in a large room, lying in a line. You do not know each other, and you fear each other. You cannot fight, as he has put a hamper on the abilities that make you unique. You cannot escape, as his dark magic crowds your logical minds and chains you to the floor on which you stand. You may move, but you may not leave; unless he himself says so.

After introductions, the story shall begin. Your task will then be explained. Remember: you have no choice in allies. Kill one, and you yourself will be killed. Good luck, combatants.

The Rules

Traditional rules apply, with a few added quirks.

- No God Modding. To emphasize this rule, I ask that for every two strengths your character possesses, add a fault. However, do not add only one strength to avoid faults; you must have a minimum of two faults to balance your character.

- No cursing. I will stretch this rule for only one word; the one that is used to describe a female dog, and only in the context of "son of a...". Please do not overuse said statement; it is considered immature and a very poor writing tactic.

- Romance to be kept at minimum. This surely does not mean that you cannot explain a kiss your character may share with another; but do not emphasize it. We all know that a kiss is nothing but two lips and two tongues touching, so please keep it simple. "So-and-so kissed me", or "He reached in and passionately kissed me" will do. Also, no sex scenes or innuendo, please and thank you.

- One character per person. 'Nuff said.

- Please only use one of the following races: Elves, Humans, or Dwarfs. I hate to put a hamper on races, but the storybook will take place a lot during the day so werewolves and vampires are out, and I would like to keep animal hybrids to be Proktor's soldiers only.

- Only 16 character please. Well, 17 if someone wants to play Proktor, otherwise he will be a narrator voice controlled by everyone.

- Have fun! This is the most important rule. If you do not follow it, well... that's too bad! :D

Lands

If you read the plot summary, you'd know that you all come from different lands. There are eight to choose from, and only two can be from each land. None of these lands have any affect on your character; they're just places of origin and possibly places of death (evil laugh).

Anthakai (An-The-Ki) one spot left

Tyakai (Tie-Ah-Ki)

Morakai (More-Ah-Ki)

Lancakai (Lance-Ah-Ki)

Sorrakai (Sore-Ah-Ki) one spot left

Bitokai (Bit-Oh-Ki)

Havokai (Have-Oh-Ki) one spot left

Vordikai (Vord-Eh-Ki)

Can you tell I had fun with the names? He he! Just to let you know, the land you are forced to fight for is called Wretchokai. Pronounced how it's spelled :P

Character Profile

Name:

Race: (Elf, Human, or Dwarf)

Height/Weight/Structure: (yes, it is important)

Looks: (please spoiler large pictures)

History/Bio:

Land of Origin:

Criminal Deed: (what got you arrested in the first place? Remember, you were bad enough to be in top security, so don't hold out)

Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses/Faults:

Special Ability: (please keep in mind your faults)

Romance: (yes or no, if you'd like also state what you're looking for or if you've talked to another author and have a character claimed, place the name here)

Other: (go all out with your character, put in little things that everyone else will notice and that will allow extra conversations)

I'll put my character profile up tomorrow. Let's make this a good one guys! :smt003
Last edited by FinalFreedom on Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon May 31, 2010 6:20 am
Octave says...

Can I claim the name Havokai? I'll post my profile later
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon May 31, 2010 4:21 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take a character from Sorrakai.

Name: Tameryn Talut

Race: Human

Height/Weight/Structure: She's around 5'7, and very wirey and muscular.

Looks: http://wenchworks.deviantart.com/art/Wench-with-Spyglass-60666060?q=gallery%3AWenchworks%2F2071766&qo=55

History/Bio: Tameryn was the daughter of a sailor and barmaid. Tameryn was raised by her mother on the mainland. When Tameryn was 15, the port town she lived in was struck by a terrible plague. Tameryn and her mother soon fell ill. Tameryn's mother passed away, but the sickness was weaker in Tameryn, and took longer to gain a hold on the girl. Tameryn bribed a ship captain to give her board on his ship. She was determined to find her father, or a cure for the disease. The ship was struck by a terrible storm on their third night out at sea. The ship was nearly torn apart, but somehow remained able to float. The crew of the ship floated out at sea for two more days, before the ship was attacked by pirates. The crew was forced into slavery. Tameryn was brought back to the mainland, but sold off to the Vandron (the largest criminal operation in Sorrakai). She began training as an assassin, thief, and spy. Tameryn quickly rose in the organization as one of the most repected assassins. Her masters only hire her out to the best paying, and most important clients.

Land of Origin: Sorrakai

Criminal Deed: Tameryn had killed off various aristocrats in Sorrakai, and was already wanted for those crimes. After each job, Tameryn's masters would put her into hiding for a few months, until it would be safer for her to take on another job. After one job, a client approached the Vandron about an job which would involve the death of a royal.

Personality: Tameryn is a fighter at heart. She trusts very few, but is always willing to give a new opportunity a chance if it serves her personal gain. She developed an unwavering loyalty for the Vandron, but still sercretly fantasizes about meeting her father. Tameryn is harsh and blunt most of the time, but understands people very well.

Strengths: Tameryn has developed excellent acrobatic skills. She's a master with daggers and disguises. She can read people's emotions very well.

Weaknesses/Faults: Tameryn is useless at front-on combat. She has to sneak up on people to have any advantage in a fight. Tameryn is often too proud as well. She's never failed at a job until now. She does not consider failure as a possibility.

Special Ability: Reading and judging people's emotions.

Romance: Yes

Other: Tameryn has lived in luxery for years with the Vandron. She's very snide about poor living conditions.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 31, 2010 7:31 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Both of your spots have been saved. I'm saving a spot in Anthakai for myself. I'll post my profile in a few :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg