z

Young Writers Society

Half Blood Hill (Fan-Fic of the Lightning Thief Series)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:24 am
Shepherd says...

Dang it! Hoping for an Ares' kid but can I be Hephaestus's? Alsoooo can I be a male character even though I am female? (sorry, first time at Storybook!)

Name: Luka

Child of(Both human and god/goddess): God Hephaestus and Ljilijana (immigrant to U.S. from Bosnia)

Determined or Undetermined?: Determined

Been at Half Blood Hill for(If you're new just say it here): three years

Personality: Impulsive, funny. He loves a good laugh and is loyal to those he feels are his friends. He is anxious to be back at Half Blood Hill after missing a summer.

Appearance: Black hair, kept short enough that it doesn't bother him, but still shaggy. He's short but compact: wiry in the strictest sense. He has very defined features and dark brown eyes.

How many beads?(If any): Three

What do the beads look like?(If any): Simple, colorful (can I decide specifics later?)

Likes: Anything active. He is a very physical person. He can't stand being inside.

Dislikes: Lack of contact with his friends, recently.

Powers: Skillful metalworker, weaponsmith, fighter. He is resentful, occasionally, that his powers are not so great as his friends'.

Strengths: Fighting.

Flaws: He's a horrible mediator. He relies too much on gut instinct, and once he has an opinion he does not tend to change it even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Other: ADHD. Like most god-children!
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy
Nije vas zahvatila druga kušnja osim ljudske. Ta vjeran je Bog: neæe pustiti da budete kušani preko svojih sila, nego æe s kušnjom dati i ishod da možete izdržati.

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 am
Mizzle says...

Name: Ashlee (Ash)

Child of(Both human and god/godess): Ares and some small town woman that happened to catch his eye...he still remembers her (Ashlee's mom).

Determined or Undetermined?: Determined--definitely.

Been at Half Blood Hill for(If you're new just say it here): Three years.

Personality: She hates losing; and automatically she will hate anyone that she loses to. She has a very bad temper, but if she's your friend, she'll fight for you until the very end. She can be very flirty, but has been kind of broken since her boyfriend of two years broke up with her. She'll never tell anyone, but secretly she cries herself to sleep every night.

Appearance: http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/8/6 ... 3f5561.jpg

How many beads?(If any): Three.

What do the beads look like?(If any):
1.) This one has the symbol of Ares on it; quite simply it is her favorite.
2.) This one has a shape of a red arrow crossing with a silver dagger against a black background.
3.) This one is white with black swirls.

Likes: War. Fighting. Sarcasm. Hard rock music. Dark clothing. Guys (minus her ex-boyfriend).

Dislikes: Peace. Breaking up. Goody two shoes. The girl that took her boyfriend away from her. Her ex-boyfriend.

Powers: Just war in general; fighting, vengeance, hate. Causing bloodshed with her sword.

Strengths: She's her strongest when she's in battle, at the heart of war. Also, the only thing she fears is love--its the one thing that she loves, but hates, at the same time. She's very brave and would die to save anyone...except her ex-boyfriend and his new girl.

Flaws: She's tough; the only ones that can really hurt her are the one she loves. Also, she's forever trying to please her dad as much as she can.

Other: Up for love, if she'll let you in. ;)
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Hey guys, This is WordsInMyMind on fiction's account. She's my best friend. Sorry I haven't been on. We both went on vacation together and didn't get back until almost ten last night.

Nessie, daughter of Poseidon:

The hot rain pelted my skin as I ran towards the large tree. My mother begged me to come here. The moment I closed the door to the house I heard her scream. I knew I should have stayed and helped her but something told me not to.

I squinted through the foggy rain at the Strawberry Farm I was supposed to go to. Why there I don't know but that's what she wanted. I felt eyes on me and began sprinting again. I've always gotten the strange feeling that something was out there watching me. Something bad.

I trudged through the boarder of the Strawberry Farm. But what I saw wasn't at all a Strawberry Farm. Or rainy.

"What the?" I asked myself as a boy with goat legs walked by.

"Hey," someone called to me.

*This can be anyone. And fiction would post but she's fighting off her dog right now*
Live, Love, Laugh

367 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:21 am
Mizzle says...

Ashlee, daughter of Ares:

From where I was battling with one of the other Ares kids, I saw the newcomer at the top of the hill.
I quickly finished the battle I was fighting, my sword ending at the other guy's throat. He grinned even though he had lost. I rolled my eyes and turned towards where the newcomer was.
"Hey!" I shouted. I walked over to where she was at. "Welcome to Half Blood Hill."
She stared at me. I sighed.
"I don't have time to waste, so follow me," I snapped. She did as I said--who wouldn't?
I lead her over to where Dionysus and Chiron were once again playing chess.
"Chiron," I said. "We have a newcomer. She just got here, panting like a dog, too."
Chiron appraised the girl next to me. He was about to say something, but I cut him off.
"Look, I brought her to you, so can I please get back to what I was doing?"
He let me go, and I took one last look at the frightened girl. She definitely wouldn't be with me, I could see that much. Ares was not her father. For this, I gave a sigh of relief.
✯ ✯ ✯

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 pm
kidashka says...

~Maia~

I grinned as the new girl was promptly shoved towards me and Chiron, a terrified expression visible on her face. In an attempt to control my excitement, I bounced up and down, waiting for Chiron to finish with the introductions so I could start showing her around the place. I examined her closely as Chiron rambled on. Hmm. Black hair and blue eyes.... well, no gods were springing to mind... Could be anyone really...

"..So, then, Nessie, this is Maia, head of Hermes cabin. She'll be showing you around." Chiron finally said, and I beamed with joy. I loved new kids, they were always so wide-eyed and sweet. Well, unless they were one of Ares' kids, of course.

"Come on, you," I said cheerfully, "time to show you around!" Grabbing her hand, I started off towards Hermes' cabin, chattering non-stop on the way there about all the different cabins. She didn't speak much, only offering the occassional question inbetween my rambles. Finally, we arrived at our cabin, and I gestured proudly to it. "This," I declared in a dramatic tone, "is the best, most amazing, number one cabin. And it will be your home for the forseeable future."

Nessie gave the cabin a doubtful look. Okay, so it wasn't exactly the most appealing of places, what with the peeling paint and the shouting coming from within, but it was... erm... well, it's the people inside that make it great. Ahem.

"It's a little bit crowded," I explained, "so you might have to sleep on the floor. Oh, and be careful of your stuff cause probably someone will steal something. I'd recommend getting a safe, but I nicked one once just to see what was in it, so that's not such a great idea."

Nessie nodded blankly, looking a bit nauseous.

"Well, ready to go in and meet your cabin-mates?"
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:58 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Adonis:

When I spotted a new kid walking with Maia I jogged over. "Hello Maia." Turnig to the girl I gave her my best smile "Hello, I'm Adonis. And may I ask who you are?" Her cheeks colored slightly and Maia rolled her eyes. "Nessie, don't be fooled. He's the son of Ahprodite."

I fiegned a hurt expression and said "I would never use who my mother is to do such a thing!" Dropping the hurt expression I went back to my smile and lifted Nessie's hand. Placing a kiss on it I said "Miss Nessie." Then grabbing Maia's hand I placed a kiss on it and said "Miss Maia."

Then I turned and began walking away. But then I remembered it was about time to go fight. Over my shoulder I called "Well I'm off to fight Ashlee. Do you think this time Chiron would mind if I gave her thoughts of love?"

Maia called back "I'm not sure but I don't think Ares would like you messing with his daughter." Shrugging I said "Okay then, see you on my death bed."

Nessie:*This is wWordsInMyMind again. Sorry I keep using fictions account. I've just been at her house and she won't let me log off because she has to check other SB's.*

Maia rolled her eyes and turned back to me from Adonis. "As I was saying, ready to go meet them?" After hesitating and peering into the hectic cabin I nodded reluctanatly "Have to do it sooner or later."

Once we crossed the door Maia shouted "Fall in." Every kid of varied appearances lined up and looked me over. I noticed that I resembled none of them, my hair to dark and my green blue eyes to much like the ocean.

The ocean. Thiking of it made my stomach chrun as I thought of my mother. We were going to go to the ocean this weekend. Guess we're not anymore.
Live, Love, Laugh

367 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am
Mizzle says...

Ashlee, daughter of Ares:

It was time to fight. Adrenaline rushed through me, even if this was just practice. Either way, it was my favorite part of the day. It wasn't just because I was the daughter of Ares--well, yeah, that was why. Fighting was what I was best at. Daughter like father, I thought, and smiled to myself.
I wore a suit of armor, that shined like metallic gold in the sun. The front had an etching of one of the many symbols of Ares on it. I smiled, holding a thick shield in one hand, and a sharp black blade in the other.
Power surged through me.
Chiron called my name. "Your turn, Ashlee."
"It's Ash. Just Ash," I fumed.
Chiron sighed--I was always in a bad mood, but it was worse right before a fight.
In the arena, Adonis waited. He tried to hide it with a cocky smile, but he was nervous. I'd beat him the last two times we'd fought, each time ending with my sword to his throat. I grinned at him, but it wasn't friendly.
It was time.
✯ ✯ ✯

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Saving a spot for Hecate's daughter.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm
kidashka says...

Hecate is a pre-Olympian goddess... and is also a virgin goddess... I guess you could have her if you really really want but she would have to be in Hermes cabin 'cause Hecate is only a minor goddess. is not Olympian and doesn't have a cabin. Gonna take a wild guess here and assume your character will be called Selene, so I'll mention her now. :) If she's new then I'll edit it later.

~Maia~

"Right, everybody, this is our newest recruit, Nessie." All eyes turned appraisingly towards the aforementioned girl, who looked around nervously as she took in the stares. "Say hello," I murmured, nudging her in the ribs softly, and she offered a greeting to all the cabinmates with more confidence than I would have expected from her quiet demeanour.

"Okay then, I'm sure there will be time for name-learning later, seeing as they are hundreds of us here... now, some ground rules for all you old hacks." I fixed each of them, or at least everyone I knew to be one of Hermes' kids, wth a steely glare. "Nessie is new. You are not to steal any of her stuff."

There were groans all around, and I relented slightly, amending the previous sentence a tad. "...For at least a week." Nessie looked up at me in horror, and I ruffled her hair with a grin. "It's a joke," I said in a not-very-reassuring tone of voice, and she nodded distrustfully. I laughed at her ability to completely see through my half-lies and she smiled slightly in reply, though still appearing slightly mystified.

"Just keep a close eye on where your stuff is, and you'll be fine, okay?" I whispered to her as the crowd dispersed and everyone went back to what they were doing. After yet another uncertain nod from Nessie, I led her through the rabble to an empty bed at the end, gesturing to it with some degree of pride. "There's still a free bed!" I announced cheerfully, and Nessie ran her gaze over it with a slow nod.

"Actually, that's Merope's. She's not here yet, think she's gonna be late arriving this term." came a call from the above bunk, and Saphire's face appeared over it sleepily. I paused, taking this in, then shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. First come, first served, right? Looks like you got a new bunk-mate."

Saphire raised an eyebrow disapprovingly.

"Pshhh. I'm Cabin Counselor, not quite sure who decided I needed a position of authority but you know..... so... I get to chose where the new girl sleeps!" I flashed Saphire another joyful grin, to which she replied with yet another unimpressed expression, and I turned to Nessie. "Do you want to unpack now or look around camp first?"
Last edited by kidashka on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

12 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Name: Saphire Rose

Child of(Both human and god/godess): Goddess Hecate Human Vincent

Determined or Undetermined?: Determined

Been at Half Blood Hill for(If you're new just say it here): New(A harpie attacked her dad and she was taken to Half Blood Hill she doesn't even know if he's alive.)

Personality:She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check.

Appearance:has long black hair down past her waist and tan skin her eyes are a piercing dark blue and she is thin but not to thin she is about 5 8. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone who sees it is instantly happy

How many beads?(If any): Nada

What do the beads look like?(If any): Nix

Likes:Magic, nature, music (Playing/SInging), coming up with poems and songs, drawing, and boys.

Dislikes: Jerks, asses and preps.

Powers: Can use magic.

Strenghts: She is a very good friend and is very empathetic, is very kind and understanding, is great at fighting and is very good at listening.

Flaws: She can't stand when people tell her what to do, she has a very quick temper.

Other: Will often come up with poems and songs that describe how she feels she is extremely musically and artistically gifted. (despite the fact that she is not a child of Apollo.)*

Saphire
I shifted slightly uncomfortable I had just come into a cabin and found it full of what else people. No one noticed me so I coughed extra loudly and the camp counsaler turned towards me. "Hi I'm Saphire Rose. Is this the Hermes cabin?" I asked hopefully.

108 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:27 pm
Shepherd says...

Luka

Luka was lounging in the dust beside Hermes cabin. He was relaxed, stretched comfortably in the sunlight, which was purest here. He was whittling a shard of wood with practiced boredom, peeling slices from it with a short, sharp knife that was adorned simply with steel and leather. He heard Saphire's question and the gentle murmur from inside, and although he didn't recognize the voice he barked a short "yes" in her direction.

A few of the newcomers this year were easy to categorize as being the children of specific gods. One or two, Luka wasn't sure about. He usually read people very well, but after he had missed a summer at Half Blood Hill, he was slightly more wary of the people around him. He hadn't seen any of his old friends yet, but he was keeping an eye out for Ash, who had been at camp as long as he had.
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy
Nije vas zahvatila druga kušnja osim ljudske. Ta vjeran je Bog: neæe pustiti da budete kušani preko svojih sila, nego æe s kušnjom dati i ishod da možete izdržati.

367 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:14 pm
Mizzle says...

**Shep, Ash and Luka can be friends...or more later on, if that's alright with you. I dunno. And she's in the fighting arena right now...**
✯ ✯ ✯

108 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Shepherd says...

**Okay! I figure they can meet up in a little while once everything gets moving =) **
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy

12 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Saphire
I turned to the boy who had said the very sharp yes and said as cold as a glacier ice "Thank you." I turned back and smiled sweetly. "So where can I bunk?" The camp counselar pointed to a bunk and I swung myself lightly up onto it. I crossed my legs and took out a spell book and started to read. I looked up and most of them were looking at me with surprise so I smiled and went back to reading. I stood up and walked out of the cabin and sat down in the dirt. I smiled slightly and drew with my finger. I drew a pentagram and fire and an ankh. I drew a circle around it and started to hum quietly. I jerked out of my state of happiness and started to read again.

367 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:21 am
Mizzle says...

**I can't do anything until Adonis posts some of the fight! D:**
✯ ✯ ✯

Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman