z

Young Writers Society

Half Blood Hill (Fan-Fic of the Lightning Thief Series)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:29 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Adonis:

She slashed her blade at me and I stumbled a few steps back, her blade just missing me. She advanced with confident steps and began to really attack me, I seriously think she wants to kill me.

I tried my best to fight her but fighting her was almost as bad as a mortal fighting Ares himself. She knocked my sword from my hand with ease and I did the only other thing I knew I could do. I pressed thoughts of affection into her head.
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 am
Sidd-chan says...

Hey all, I was thinking of joining~

Is it ok if I make a Demeter kid? I've read all of the books, but I promise not to spoil! :smt003
NOTICE!!!

By the time you notice this Notice, you will notice that this Notice is not worth noticing!!!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:26 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Yeah, you can join. I know this is my SB but it's my friends and she's been wanting more characters.

And Words says she's sorry that she hasn't been on. Her computer broke so she can't get on.
Live, Love, Laugh

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 pm
Mizzle says...

Ashlee, daughter of Ares in battle w/ Adonis:

This was my favorite time of day, and knowing for sure--well, not really--that I was going to win made it even better. I slashed at Adonis with my blade, and then knocked his sword out of his hand. I smirked, and got ready to swing at him again.
And that's when I noticed how wonderful Adonis really was...his perfect hair, eyes, even nose...all symmetrical. Why would I want to hurt him?--I paused. Dang it. Adonis was using that thoughts of love thing...and it was working.
I stood there lollygagging at him.
Chiron blew the whistle as Adonis brought the sword to my throat.
"Enough," Chiron said. "Adonis takes the win for the Aphrodite cabin. Ashlee, don't kill him...and Adonis, please release Ashlee from the thoughts of love you are sending her."
Everyone in the crowd snickered, but Adonis released the thoughts of love from my head. Fury took over me.
"You bloody idiot!" I shrieked, grabbing my sword and lunging at Adonis.
"Ashlee, that is enough," Chiron scolded.
"I--but---he...argh!" I said, and stormed off, the other Ares kids trailing behind me.
Adonis watched me go with playful eyes, and I knew he wasn't done yet, but neither was I. It was payback time.
I sat inside the Ares cabin with the six other children of Ares. It was here where we were forming a plan to get revenge on Adonis.
"Are you going to tell Dad?" Zoe, who had been at Camp Half Blood almost as long as I had (notice: almost), asked.
"Maybe," I shrugged. "I prefer to handle my own matters."
Zack was Zoe's twin brother, and also my ex-boyfriend's best friend. I hadn't talked to Zack much because I figured anything I said would get around to my ex-boyfriend in Hermes cabin.
Zack asked, "What was it like, though? The whole thoughts of love thing?"
"Stupid," I said simply.
Zack nodded. "I think I have an idea to get back at him."
Zoe and Zack whispered for a few minutes, nodded, and then turned to me and the others again.
"We're going to need sillystring...the magic kind," Zoe said, grinning.
This was gonna be good.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

Er, I hope it isn't too late, but I was also hoping that I could join this? I have yet to read the fifth book, though I haven't read the second through fourth books in a LONG time.
I'm planning on making a daughter of Apollo. If I can join.
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 pm
View Likes
Mizzle says...

There would be no point in joining, Lynette - this storybook is and has been dead since the eighteenth of June.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:44 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

Haha, you're right. Sorry, I misread the date and thought all those dates were for this month. Thanks, Mizzle!
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec