z

Young Writers Society

Stranded in School

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm
Sins says...

Stranded in School

We've all imagined what it would be like if we were stuck in school, haven't we? Well, I have anyway. This is what I'm thinking of basing a Storybook on. I think that this could be quite an interesting Storybook if everything goes well.

Plot

This Storybook is set in modern times, 2010. You are a teenager who lives in the south of England and you go to Jeffston Comprehensive school (High school). You might be a nerd, a jock, a normal, an emo, a gangster, a chav, any classic stereotype. Whether you hate school or love it, you have to go every weekday morning. Only, it's the summer holidays now. You are finally out of the dull place... well, not for much longer.

You have broken into your school during the summer holidays along with five other students. You might have broken in because you wanted to or you might have done it to look 'cool' in front of other students. It's up to you. Anyway, the problem now is the fact that you've managed to lock yourselves in the school. Because it's the summer holidays, no one will come anywhere near the school in at least a month. As for your parents, they think that you've gone on a camping trip so won't be expecting you home in a long time.

So yeah, you're stuck in the worst place possible; school. You are surrounded by text books and empty classrooms. The only upside is the fact that there aren't any teachers there. What are you going to do though? There is a limited amount of food in the school cafeteria, no internet connection in the computer room, no way of getting out of the building and there are some members of the group that you really can't stand. Plus, there is something strange going on. How did you even get locked in in the first place? There's no one else in the building, right...?

Rules

1. Please, no posts under 500 characters... please
2. No God-modding
3. Swearing is allowed, just don't go overboard
4. No descriptive sex scenes
5. Violence is allowed as long as it's not stupid
5. No God-modding
6. Have Fun!

Characters

This Storybook is limited to six characters, simply so that it doesn't get too complicated. I might let another few join if they are that desperate though. I'm not strict and I'm a nice person. Plus, to keep the ratio even, we're going to start off with five guys and five girls. I'm also allowing you to give your character a 'special power' which can be anything you want (As long as it isn't unlocking things...) Although, your character does not have to have a power if you don't want them to.

Guys-
1. Skins
2. jemjive
3. yuriiko12345

Girls-
1. Ladyofthedeathroses
2. Kidashka
3. Chupatoasta

Character Template-

Name:

Age (11-18):

Personality:

Appearance/Picture:

History:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Power (Optional):

Other:

That's it for now, guys! If you want to know anything else, just ask me. Sorry if I haven't been very clear or something, I fail when it comes to explaining things. One last thing! I have no idea what to call this Storybook, I don't really like 'Stranded in School'. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this SB could be called?

Thanks for reading,

xoxo Rhian
Last edited by Sins on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name:Saphire Rose (Called Fire, Rose, Raven, Sara, or Selene by friends)

Age (11-18): 15

Personality: She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check.

Appearance/Picture:has long black hair down past her waist and tan skin her eyes are always changing color she is thing but not to thin she is about 5'8 has a that she shows rarely anyone who sees it is instantly happy

History: Her mother died when she was 8 when she was 10 her father committed suicide she went to live with her grandmother and her little brother.

Strengths:She is very good at thinking on her feet and at keeping peoples spirits up. She can play the guitar, violin or flute. She can sing and dance beautifully. She can use any weapons that you give her. She can tell what people are feeling most of the time.

Weaknesses: She has a quick temper and it isn't hard to set it off.

Power (Optional): She can change into or talk to any animal she wishes just by seeing a picture of it.

Other: Up for love. Emo/Goth. She is trained in martial arts.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 pm
kidashka says...

Claiming a girl! (Is electricity control allowed to be a power or is that cheating? >.<)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

1087 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 10:50 pm
Sins says...

Electricity controlling is fine, Kidashka :wink: :lol:
I'm using a character that I never actually got to use, even though I've posted the profile before...

Name: Oliver -Ollie- Buble

Personality: Ollie is a really nice guy, by heart he is anyway. He can sometimes come across as careless. The only reason for this though is the fact that he doesn't open up about his feelings. Therefore, he can come across as rather cold. It takes him a while to trust someone, mainly because of his history. Ollie's a very happy, go-lucky kinda guy. He doesn't really care about much, he doesn't show it anyway. He's always laughing and looks on the bright side of things. He's extremely charming and very easy on the eye! This makes him quite a likeable guy, although to some people, he can come across as annoying. He also has a disorder that affects his mood swings; ADHD. It's not too extreme though.

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: Ollie grew up in a pretty crappy family. His father left when his mother, who was 14 at the time, got pregnant with Ollie. Therefore, he's never met his father. His mother did have a boyfriend. He wasn't a nice one though. He was cruel to Ollie, his mother and his younger brother. He physically and emotionally abused them. When Ollie is away from home, he's afraid. Not because he's wprried about being mugged or something. He's afraid of leaving his mother and brother with his mother's boyfriend. He's constantly worrying about them.

Strengths: Ollie is extremely good at playing all kinds of music. He plays by ear and is very, very good at it. If you gave him a pipe, he'd probably be able to play Bohemian Rhapsody on it. He's also a very skilled fighter, although he hates doing it. Give him a weapon and he can do wonders with it. If only he enjoyed doing it...

Weaknesses: Like I said, Ollie hates violence. He's a very impulsive guy and doesn't think before he acts. This can obviously lead to problems. He also isn't very open at all with his feelings. No on ever really knows what he's really thinking. Plus, he isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Power: Meh, none.

Other: Up for love. Ollie has a scar that runs along his forehead. He got it from his mother's boyfriend. He always hides it with his fringe and will not show it to anyone.
Last edited by Sins on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat May 29, 2010 1:41 am
jemjive says...

I would like a guy character :D, I can post later tonight.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat May 29, 2010 3:46 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Carsen Zaft

Age (11-18): 16

Personality: Carsen is very, very quiet. She keeps to herself, and is usually considered strange. However, when she's playing her sports, she's agressive, loud, and often at times, commanding. The only reason people really know her is because of all the sports she plays. She does volleyball and color guard during the fall, basketball and cheer during the winter, and softball and track during the spring. A lot of people consider her a poser, although she means no harm to the cliques and such. She's not really a poser, because the clothes and way she dresses and makes up are all based on her interests. How she looks, depends on her mood. One day, she could be wearing all black, the next day skinny jeans with a Devil Wears Prada t-shirt and red converse, and the next, a skirt and button up shirt, and then the next day she could be wearing basketball shorts, tennis shoes, and a plain t-shirt with her hair pulled up. It all depends~!

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: Carsen wasn't raised in the best household. Her mother left her father when Carsen was three, and her father remarried to a horrible, abusive woman. The only way Carsen could get out of the house was sports, so that's what she did. When she was thirteen, her mother and father got back together, realizing they still loved one another, and although her family life was better with her half sisters, Kara and Layla, who were both five year old twins, Carsen couldn't simply stop playing her sports, so she still does it. She has a wicked scar on her neck and down her back when her ex-step-mom set the doberman pinscher guard dog on Carsen when she was disobeying at age eight.

Strengths: Very fit, and strong, for a girl. Her singing voice, and her sports ability, like her power and strength, but she also can jump high from volleyball, basketball, and track.

Weaknesses: She never speaks her mind. She's too shy to do so around others.

Power (Optional): Her singing voice can make anyone fall asleep when she wants it to. (Like Jigglypuff!)

Other: Up for love?
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 am
Yuriiko says...

Name: Samuel Young

Age (11-18): 16

Personality: He’s kind of an inexplicable guy. His courteous manners and his descent actions cause girls to blush and go gaga for him. Little did they know that those acts are just for a show. In reality, he simply wants fame and is earning for true love. He’s good at fashion, sports and is musically talented. He plays guitar since elementary and is now skilled at electric guitar. Partying and hanging out with girls are his favorite pastimes. It’s hard for him to trust other people though it’s easy for him to gain theirs.

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
Henry_Lau__24122009001026.jpg
Henry_Lau__24122009001026.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 327 times

History: Both of Samuel’s parents died because of car accident when he was still three in Korea. So after the tragic incident, his rich uncle immediately adopted him. Together they transferred to America and began living there as real citizens of the country. Growing up, he learns to love his uncle the same as his real dad but never has he called his uncle ‘dad’. English became his first language but he also learns a little speaking in Korean language. His uncle’s occupation causes him to be alone almost everyday in their empty mansion. He is slightly a spoiled kid but he never shows it to his uncle.

Strengths: He’s very athletic and brave to take any challenges that might come his way. He’s very observant around his atmosphere. He loves giving flattering remarks at girls; it’s usually his number one weapon in making a girl fall for him.

Weaknesses: He hates being humiliated. Rejection too makes him miserable and he’s bad at expressing his real love.

Power (Optional): He can heal minor wounds but it makes him weak too.

Other: Up for love. He sometimes has a bad habit; smoking and drinking.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 am
View Likes
Jas says...

Is it too late for me to join?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

35 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm
jemjive says...

Name: Benjamin (Ben) Zarr

Age (11-18): 17

Personality: A pretty at ease guy, fairly laid back. He plays soccer and the saxophone but he isn't very intense on either of them. His parents are always ragging on him to "get goals" little do they know, he is in the midst of writing a great novel!

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
hhsj.jpg
hhsj.jpg (170.78 KiB) Viewed 318 times

History: Grew up in a home that wasn't rich but didn't lack money either. He is an only child, grew up with everything he needed. Used to be immensly popular with his jockish ways. He used to bully around younger kids and was the typical mush head. But he grew apart from that crowd. By choice. He likes hanging out with people that have a little more substance to them.

Strengths: His serious physical strength, his ability to charm people to get his way.

Weaknesses: When people call him lazy, he really isn't. When people mention how he acted in the past when he was a bully, though now he isn't.

Power (Optional): Telekenisis, he can move objects with his mind. Small ones easily and large one with effort. Larger objects and longer distances drain him of energy.

Other: Up for love.
Last edited by jemjive on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

1087 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 10:45 pm
Sins says...

Yeah, you can join, Jas. There's always a place for you. :wink: :lol:
Could you post your profile soon, Kidashka?

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:46 pm
Yuriiko says...

Excited for this. Hopefully they would post their profiles as soon as possible. :D
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

35 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm
jemjive says...

Yeah, me too :D
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:08 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hm, I'll join. **Saves spot for a girl**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:10 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Clare

Age (11-18): 17

Personality: Super cheerful and bubbly, she's pretty laid back about everything. Sometimes this leads to misunderstandings with others when she accidentally hurts their feelings, then doesn't understand why they're getting into such a huff about it. She's quite callous and reckless; has little concern for consequences.

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: Haha everyone else has had a tragic childhood so I'm gonna go with a super-happy one. She's been raised in quite a rich household with fairly laid-back parents - Clare has been left to roam free and do whatever she wants, and rarely gets punished by her parents. Therefore she kinda has that attitude to life.

Strengths: Is cheerfulness a strength? She's... bold. And... Hmm. I'm struggling here. Willing to take risks, and fairly agile. Does kickboxing, so can defend self reasonably well.

Weaknesses: Not fantastically co-ordinated. She's a little high-maintenance, so don't be surprised if she starts wailing for her straighteners after a day or so.

Power (Optional): Has some control over electricity.

Other: Up for love.

(Sorry for the wait! Skins is going away in a few days (tomorrow?) so we'll have to make sure we keep her character in when we start. Please tell me if there's anything to change. )
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Sins says...

Thanks for the profiles guys :)
Kidashka's right; I'm going on holidays, like, tomorrow for four days. Would you guys prefer to start this in four days or would you like to start it soon? I don't mind if you start it soon, as long as you keep my character in it. :lol:

What would you guys prefer? If you want to start it soon, we can start it right now if you want.

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley