Young Writers Society

The Randomness Battles

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

By the way if we lose a fight to we die :'(

Me!!
I stood on the crest of a hill. The landscape was beautiful! I had to take a picture. I was about to pull my camera out of my bag when an arrow flew past my face. I turned, but no one was there. Another arrow appeared out of nowhere. This time it stuck into my bag. I didn’t take it out. Instead I started to run. Yes, I was a wimp, but I did have a plan. Whenever in doubt I went to water.

Once I started to run down the steep slope I couldn’t stop my feet flew below, but they weren’t fast enough. I fell. This first fight wasn’t going so well. I took of my hat and reached inside. At first there was nothing there. Then I felt a note. I pulled it out. Look behind you. When I did I saw a huge long sword. I followed the blade to two tan hands. An Asian dude stood above me. He was about to strike. I pushed my hat out like a shield. When they touched they made a clang. Metal against metal.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm
Howler says...

You don't have to die if you lose...you don't have to lose, either. You fight until you're tired of the fight, however long that might take. Then you write your own defeat however you want it to be. Now, it's time for me to ROCK!

I took off my shoes and felt the hot sand beneath my feet. I wanted to be comftorable in this battle, and personally, I hate wearing shoes. The ground was hot as hell, but the freedom in my toes felt like a weight being lifted.

Tala was standing in the distance, looking dead straight at me. For the most part, we were just waiting for who'd make the first move...for a little longer than I'd wanted. I flipped my hat off my head and reached for my Season Beater. The ground was too hot, if you asked me...so I decided to cool it down.

With a flip in the air, and a tap to the ground, white clouds quickly filled the air. You could feel a frozen breeze coming from the north, and soon enough, snow began to fall. My feet were about a balanced temperature now, just enough to be in perfect comfort. I burst into a sprint towards my opponent, and like a baseball player I readied a swing of the Beater. It attracted a cloud of snow around the end, and when I made the swing right at my opponent, it knocked her away with a snowy explosion to a quarter mile away without any further harm. I was a little evil, but I didn't want to hurt anybody too badly. I was pretty bad around blood and brouses. Tala, on the other hand, had that look in her eye that told me she wanted to give me plenty.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:23 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

*Ahem. Two things. One, I love our arena, so thanks Howler! And two, I'm a girl. That's kind of why I have a pink thing for my gender sign. ;) *

Hawk

My opponent didn't seem very dangerous at all. A hat, a bag, a...fish in a bowl? I could easily take care of her. But as I rushed after her with my ridiculously large sword, she turned and somehow flicked her hat into a shield.

Nifty trick, I thought. I'll have to keep an eye on that hat.

Suddenly she turned and made a ginormous leap, arcing into the water. As soon as her feet splashed into the surface, a smile spread across her face that told me I was in for trouble.

I didn't go near the surface just yet--I wanted to see what was in for me. The water started to boil and bubble, getting awfully far up the shore. I nocked an arrow and started shooting at the forms that rose up. A flower, a pickle, a rooster--all these shapes rose up from the water and tried attacking me. Every time my arrows went through one, it punctured a hole and made a little waterfall.

I can't hold them off much longer, I thought grimly. I tried to figure out what I could use.

"Music, start!" I yelled at my waterproof boombox, sitting safely back on the shore.

"Whoooo is your lover?? I couldn't tell!!...

As the music blasted through the speakers, the ground and sky shook and a giant rock fell out of the sky, splashing into the midst of the water beasts, turning them into geysers. I turned and scrambled away from the water. She'd have to come after me and battle it out on land.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

48 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:11 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

First - SOOOO sorry Hawk ummm I kind of was picturing you like a dude... You can win as payment :)

Second - this is not what I look like :)

Arahnia

I was doing great until Hawk decided to be chicken, and go away from the water. I had brought three of his arrows to me with the water, and I had stuffed them into my bag. I needed a weapon. Not just a hat. I slowly started towards him. His eyes followed my every move.

Suddenly he leaped disappearing in mid air. Dust rose a few feet away from me. I felt a stab of pain in my arm and blood rose. I grabbed my hat. I needed help. A silky voice came from it. The closest thing to a fair match is having the same weapons. Another cut appeared on my leg. Then I was hit in the stomach. Something tugged on my hat. I pushed my hand in, and felt a handle. I pulled out a huge sword.
The pull on my hat stopped, and I fell backwards.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 am
TalaPaulwic says...

Her opponent had struck first. It hurt, and she was cold. For a time period of roughly thirty seconds she looked like a young teenage girl way over her head. A few tears started to form in her eyes. Slowly, cautiously, she got to her feet. Her lips started to move as she mumbled something. Eventually it became louder until she was singing, the words were clear. "I wanna be your lover baby, I wanna be your man, I wanna be your lover baby, I want to be your man." The sand shifted behind her, something was forming out of the sand. "Love you like no other baby, like no other can. Love you like no other baby like no other caaan." She appeared to be doing nothing until she reached what seemed to be the chorus of what she was singing. "I wanna be your man, I wanna be your man, wanna be your man, I want to be your maaaaan." The thing in the sand had formed into a monster, a dragon by the looks of it. The cold air hardened it. She charged at Howler and let out a scream that only teenage girls could. The creature followed close behind her.

As she ran she grabbed the pepper spray from her pocket and held it up. She stayed low until she was close enough to strike. She pressed the button and sprayed the pepper into his eyes, when she was content she put the bottle back in where she had kept it and grabbed onto his weapon. She pulled at it, and then lowered her head to where his fingers were. Her lips curled back, her teeth exposed, she bit onto one of his fingers as hard as she could. The taste of his blood made her bite harder. Despite all of her actions she still hummed her song.

The creature that she had summoned stayed behind her, it for now seemed passive.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm
ultraviolet says...

>If TexanWriter doesn't post by Friday I'm just going to leave our battle, OK? Because by then it's been a week<
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

482 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

*ultraviolet, you could always join our battle if she doesn't show up*

~Rick Castle

262 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:52 pm
ultraviolet says...

>OK! I'll give it a few days first, though. In case she comes<
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 am
Howler says...

If you haven't already, send Texanwriter a PM telling her to post. If she refues, I'll throw you in as a third fighter for one of the other battles.

The dragon was so strong that it was blurry. It was hard to see, and made the cold air moist. I could barely make out the creature. I assumed it was some sort of spectral being. Oh wait...that was just the pepper spray. That also explained why the blurry sight was connected to the searing pain in my eyes.

I grabbed a handful of snow and put it in my face to try and freeze out the spray. I saw the dragon more clearly. Considering she made this thing, I certainly thought that the battle was going to be much harder than it looked before. I flipped off my hat and put my Season Back in, and took out my fancy tea tray.

Then, I made my sprint. I ran straight at Tala and her dragon, almost seeming foolish. Granted, I am a bit of a fool of a human being, but I did it with some intelligence. This seeming suicide run made Tala appear far less frightened. It meant I could pull of my own little surprise.

The tray balanced in my hand, I spun it on my index finger as I ran. The smog started growing around me, and a trail left behind me. The beast took a lunge at me face first, and then it recovered. I jumped out of its way and started making a perimeter of smog. It kept lunging right at me, but I could jump high enough to avoid it every time. When my circle was done, the dragon had breathed enough to be drunk as a skunk. The thing still attacked me a few times, but I dodged it easier than ever now. I threw the tray back into my hat, and I pulled out the Season Beater.

I raised it in the air and I ran closer to the dragon. They weren't the strongest, but I was knocking it back away throwing some fireballs at it with the mace. Every here and there, I threw one at Tala, but the dragon was the real priority; it was the thing that could kill me easily, after all. I saw the threat in the things Tala could summon, but pepper spray couldn't kill me.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

30 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:52 am
TalaPaulwic says...

The dragon was drunk. How did he make the dragon drunk?! The dragon was now drunk and taking several poundings. However it was doing it's job perfectly, a distraction. It wouldn't last much longer. She had a gut feeling that he would soon defeat it. For the time being the staggering dragon held his attention. It wasn't soon enough to make her move though.

Every so often he would take a swing at her, there was enough distance between the two of them for her to avoid his attacks with ease. It was the dragon that was having a hard time, not her. She reached into her other pocket and grabbed a small leather bag of sand, she put it loosely in her teeth. She charged at him from behind, she jumped and clung onto his back. Her legs wrapped around his waist tightly, and one of her arms around his neck to keep herself on. Thank Cthulhu that he had good balance.

He noticed that she was now on his back and started moving to get her off, however her grip was firm. While she was on his back the dragon stopped attacking to ensure her safety. The hand around her neck twitched to life. It got a firm grip on the back of his neck. The chain it was on would not break, and so this made a good anchor. She giggled as it dug deeper into the skin of his neck and soon enough drew blood. Her hands were now free, she released his neck and with one hand pried one of his eyes open.

With the other hand she retrieved the bag of sand from her teeth and dumped half of it out into his forced open eye. She then released his eye, and pried open the other. She now dumped the remaining sand into the other eye.

Apparently that was it. She was hoping to pull a "Mike Tyson" and bite off his ear, but his balance was quickly failing. He started to fall backwards. The hand let go, and she let herself fall to the ground. Before he fell, she rolled out of the way. Once he had fallen she staggered to her feet and jumped on him. Instead of landing on her feet, she landed on her knees, she aimed for the ribs. It was a cheap trick, yes, but how else would a teenage girl win against a man dressed as the mad hatter. She looked at him, she placed one knee on his neck just hard enough to apply pressure, but not to crush it.

"I hoped that you'd understand. Do you?"

She moved her other knee so that it put most of her weight on the hand that held his season beater. The dragon moved forwards slowly and pulled the hat away from him. It tossed it several yards away.

It was clear that she felt slightly guilty for using such cheap tricks.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

482 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

*Hey guys, sorry, but I'm gonna drop this storybook; I've got too much going on right now*

~Rick Castle

262 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:42 am
ultraviolet says...

*I'll take your spot. TexanWriter PMed me that she's dropping out, so me and AS both need partners.*

Texan snapped her lasso at me, which I barely dodged. It did however manage to flick my sprinkles, sending me to an unknown location I just barely had time to grab the sprinkles before I was transported.

*poof*

I landed on some Asian chick, knocking sprinkles on her and *poof* she was gone. I really needed to find a cover or something or I would run out real fast. I was in a forest on the side of a hill. I looked down to see a girl lying in the water, holding a hat and a sword. A new opponent. I almost laughed with anticipation.

I shoved my sprinkles into my pocket and pulled out my hairdryer. Time to find out what that thing could do. Literally. I had no idea. I pressed a random button somewhere in the back and a fireball shot out, sending a flare over the lake. Crap, now the girl new I was here. Then again, she was probably still expecting the ninja person.

I walked out into the open; that made things more interesting.

"Yo," I yelled. "Looks like I'm your new enemy. Sucks for you!"

And I pressed a big red button. You'd think that with all the junk on TV people would learn not to press big red buttons, but I was never a quick learner.

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:45 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Sorry, I am going to drop this story book too . . . There isn't really a point, and I have lots going on. Sorry.

262 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:49 pm
ultraviolet says...

*sigh* Howler and Tala, can I join your fight? Though in it I have no idea what's going on.

~asofterworld.com

30 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:45 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

As long as it's alright with Howler, it's fine with me.

I'm on top of Howler, and I have little to no balance. In addition there's a giant dragon made of sand walking in.

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology