Young Writers Society

Gifted *details inside*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 pm
SisterItaly says...

Started and not accepting... sorry!

PLOT

Your are a person with special abilities. You have lived on Manhattan island all your life. Like your ancestors before you. Many years ago the government found out about your kind and pushed them onto the island, providing them with food, shelter the essentials. But some rebelled, saying this wasn't fair, that they deserved to live like normal people. They all agreed. But the rebel ion was more violent then the rest, trying to escape bye force. Because of that the govt built the wall, a force field that only allows non-gifted people to enter and exit as they wish.

Now a days, the people from the rebellion own you. People who didn't help them fight are treated like trash, sold as slaves, pleasure items, and are killed on a regular basis. Some fight back, but usually fail. How much longer will you put up with this?

RULES

-What happens in this SB is now completely in your hands. What do the negatives do?Feed your creativity and create whatever you want.

-Cussing is allowed, but please don't be too vulgar.

-Please, no descriptive sex scenes. Nobody really wants to read exactly what happened.

-I said above that what happens is completely up to you, but please don't force your character into heroism.

-NO God-modding no one can have the *everything* power or the *invincible* power, they don't exist, every one has a weakness.

-Please keep posts over 550 characters. It's not lots, so please keep that in mind. no one likes one liners.

-Please keep the girl/boy ratio even. You can have up to 3 characters.

-you can have two powers.

-Last but not least, please make their weaknesses REAL. Nothing puny and pathetic that really won't affect anything.

-Please try to post regularly, it's nice to have new posts to read through. I understand it is hard to keep up with the over posters, but please try, for me *puppy dog face*

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name:

Appearance/Picture:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Dislikes:

Personality:

History:

Other:

Up for love:

Power(s):

*special thanks to isha... whom i stole most the rules and the character template from!*
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name:Shawn... (cause shes one of my faves!)

Appearance/Picture:Long medium blond hair, pale-ish skin, really really dark brown eyes. 5'4", pretty skinny.
Spoiler! :

Skills:intelligent, mature

Weaknesses: Doesn't like being alone, has trust issues, breaks down easily.

Dislikes: The rebellion, people who try to show her up.

Personality: Spunky and lively, easily trusts people... but they can lose her trust way to easily, first to defend others, last to defend herself.

History:She has no clue who her family is, she has been alone since she can remember. Often beaten half to death by the rebellion, then left to rot.

Up for love: Maybe some day... if she can find some one she trusts

Power(s): can control the element water
Last edited by SisterItaly on Wed May 26, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed May 26, 2010 12:20 am
Jas says...

Name: Arianna Bradday

Appearance/Picture: She has short pixie cut brown hair with strange but natural electric red streaks streaks. She has ice blue eyes and is very tall.

Skills: She is very persuasive and can "seem" to make you trust her.

Weaknesses: She can't stand water. Like, literally. A drop of water will like sizzle on her skin and burns. She hates water.

Dislikes: Weak people, the freaks who are always trying to get her to join the rebellion, water.

Personality: She is fierce, sarcastic and fiery. When she wants to be, she can be sweet, charming and kind. She loves children and hates the rebellion acts.

History: She honestly doesn't know. Her parents died when she was 2 and know one really knew them that well. She was raised by *will be filled in later when I find someone whose mom will raise her* and never knew her parents. Doesn't know why they were sent to the island and to be frank, doesn't care.

Other: She gets horrible migraines.

Up for love: Definitely :D

Power(s): Can control Fire. Can severe relationships and friendships. Can make you trust her.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed May 26, 2010 12:55 am
Chupatoasta says...

deleted
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sat May 29, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 am
Kaywiia says...

I will finish later....

Name: Calrista Rensado

Appearance/Picture:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Dislikes:

Personality:

History:

Other:

Up for love:

Power(s): Can turn invisible, and walk through walls.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 26, 2010 1:37 am
Howler says...

It's time I bring out one of my favorite previous SB characters.

Name: Lance Aston

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Skills: Guitar virtuoso, tech and mechanics expert, physically very strong.

Weaknesses: True aggression and power, but no defense. That includes combat and discussion.

Likes: Music (his music, metal, mainly), destruction, power, leadership, money.

Dislikes: Lance can get bored quick and easy...and he hates being bored, simple as that.

Personality: Lance is metal music personified. True evil, noise, power, and destruction are his favorite things. He loves a good fight, and loves to completely annihilate anything in his path. He'll bring in some help from others now and then, but I wouldn't trust him for too long if I were you.

History: Lance was the true king of the metal world. He was famous, powerful, skilled, wealthy, and having as much fun as he could. Soon enough, his powers burst into action while he was screaming into a microphone, and the sound was so strong that it knocked a row of people backwards, and deafened just about the whole audience. He was taken to the island the second it happened, and has spent a few years there. He hates the society, but doesn't join the rebellion. He only wants out for himself, doesn't care about a single other person's freedom. And after some mildly quiet waiting and preparing, he'll be ready to take his freedom with an iron fist.

Up for love: Not at all.

Power: Sonic Shout (can shout strong enough to knock people back or deafen them if it's high pitched)

Other: His Sonic Shout power is strong, but inaccurate and not as strong as it could be. To aim and intensify his power, he uses a guitar with a built in amp and talk-box (a device with a microphone tube that adds the voice of the user into the guitar sounds) to use his powers. Every power chord he gives off blasts a car height wave of energy, knocking people incredible lengths back, and a quick and constant riff can usually hold the target in paralasis.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed May 26, 2010 6:15 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Alice (icy)

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Skills: Making music,Drawing,and very intelligent

Weaknesses: to much thought,darkness,and heights

Likes: music,having a good time,writing,Animals,Reading etc.

Dislikes: "know it all's",conceited people,and people who never leave her alone.

Personality: Alice is a neutral person, she is both loud and quiet at times(depending on her mood.) and she takes things to heart. Alice is very understanding and trustworthy but a force to be messed with.She isn't very aggressive normally but she can be at times, and sometimes she can get too competitive.

History: Alice grew up with 6 younger sisters and one older brother, her and her sisters have little in common but her and her brother are almost exactly the same.After losing her mother, her father went insane and tried to kill the whole family which resulted in killing 4 of her sisters, himself and her brother,
(who died saving her).The other 2 sisters treat her like trash. Ever since her brother died she as felt alone.

Other: none.

Up for love: Yes!(:

Power(s): Can Read peoples thoughts and alter them, and has power over the element of water.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 26, 2010 5:48 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Saphire Rose (Called Fire, Rose, Raven, Sara, or Selene by friends)

Appearance/Picture: has long black hair down past her waist and tan skin her eyes are a piercing dark blue and she is thin but not to thin she is about 5 8. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone who sees it is instantly happy

Skills: She is very good at thinking on her feet and at keeping peoples spirits up. She can sing and dance beautifully. She is amazingly musically and artistacally talented. SHe can play the piano,flute,violin, and guitar as well.

Weaknesses: You tick her off she will rip you apart. She is very quick tempered. When she heals someone the worse the wound is the longer it will take her to heal and it takes alot out of her.

Likes: Music, singing , animals, natureg daydreaming, being herself, boys and her friends

Dislikes: Her mom died when she was little and her father committed suicide when she was 10 she went to live with her grandmother along with her little brother

Personality: She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check. She has nerves of steel.

History: Her mom died when she was little and her father committed suicide when she was 10.

Other:She loves Reading, writing. drawing/painting/sketching, playing the guitar, gymnastics, track, listening to music, and singing. She has a beautiful singing voice and can play the piano,flute,violin, and guitar as well.

Up for love: Yes.

Power(s): She can bend peoples wills to her own but since everyone has their own will it takes sometime. SHe can control all earth bound elements. She can heal people and herself.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed May 26, 2010 7:53 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Ohh! I'm bringing one of my favorite charries out of storage as well, but new and improved.

Name: Victoire DeLamode

Appearance/Picture: Victoire is kind of short with long brown hair. She isn't fat, but hasn't quite lost all her baby fat.She has an otherwise athletic build, broad-ish shoulders. She has a very cute face, but creepy eyes. They're a lifeless, but a brilliant, bright shade of blue. It's as if someone were to take a blue piece of cloth, cut it into a circle with a hole in the middle for a pupil, and stick it in their eye. Her eyes also always tend to be dark, as though she hasn't slept much.

Skills:she's an incredibly good fighter, and can easily take down someone three times her size. She shows signs of being very smart... read on.

Weaknesses: She cannot speak. She was born a mute, with the inability to use her vocal chords. She doesn't bother with sign language, so she just tends to be very withdrawn, making hand gestures when she has to communicate.

Likes: Well... nobody's quite sure. She enjoys fighting, although she's not confrontational unless you bother her. She wears a lot of black, so you'd guess she likes black.

Dislikes: Again, it's hard to tell. Annoying people, bullies. Probably bright colors, as she never wears them.

Personality:She's very withdrawn, and obviously can't speak. She's positively ruthless in a fight, and can use any and all weapons.

History: She grew up on the streets, occasionally living in a foster home before running off.She seems to have enough money to get by, however, but nobody knows how she gets it.

Other:

Up for love:not really.

Power(s):Unknown. Other then her fighting skills, nothing really makes her special. People think she might not even know herself. If she has any, they have yet to be developed or show themselves.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed May 26, 2010 8:12 pm
Sins says...

Name: Liam McCormack (Once I saw Shawn, I had to... ;D)

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Skills: Liam can always cheer someone up when they are down. He is also very protective at times, especially over girls. He is also a very good fighter, although he doesn't really like using violence. Liam's also a very good liar.

Weaknesses: Liam isn't the smartest of all kids. He's not stupid, just not smart. He is also very impulsive and doesn't think before acting. This can obviously cause some problems when he is in a dangerous situation.

Dislikes: Boring people, selfish people, having nothing to do

Personality: Liam is a very happy, go-lucky kind of guy. He always tries to look on the bright side of things. Although, he tends to hide his true emotions. He hates talking about his feelings because he thinks that it makes him weak. If Liam gets close to someone, he can become very protective over them. He's also a very impulsive guy. If he's in a tricky situation, he doesn't get phased. He does whatever he can to keep others safe and will act before thinking.

History: Liam grew up in a family of nine kids and he was the eldest of the nine. The fact that he grew up with so many younger siblings is why he's very protective of people. Liam lived in a poor family and his father died in a car accident when he was twelve years old. His mother then became depressed and then became an alcoholic. Because of that, Liam was left responsible of his eight younger siblings.

Other: Liam doesn't go anywhere without a bracelet that was given to him by his mother as a young child.

Up for love: Sure

Power(s): Can see the dead/ghosts
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

OMG... shawn is running around with him!?! what's wrong with that girl! *drools... hey me and liam have something in common! *nervous chuckle*

The Book.

Reviews: 0
Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 pm
MathisSiddel says...

SHE SAID TWO POWERS! I have seen more... lol

ok here is mine:

Name: Shasta Spice

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Skills: He can fight with his sword at an alarming rate slicing up anything in sight.

Weaknesses: Has a week stomach, gets annoyed at people, and he thinks a lot of people are just wimps.

Likes: Animals, racing (car), fast cars, swords, weapons from the past.

Dislikes: Guns (thinks that they are too loud), wimpy girls, drama queens.

Personality: If he likes you he will talk to you and be a good ally. If he does not like you he will probably show it. Ignoring you and giving you many other little hints.

History: Orphan. Always has been since he can remember.

Other:

Up for love: yes

Power(s): He can fly (Not just "lalala" floating up there! He can rocket at a speed of 200 miles per hour and maneuver very fast). He has the power of speed. He can run at 80 miles per hour and can do things like fight very fast.
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Name: Shadow

Appearance/Picture:
boy.jpg
boy.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Skills: He is an O.K. fighter, and he can usually tell when someone is lying. He is fast.

Weaknesses: He is completely non-social. He does awefull if someone is watching him.

Dislikes: crowds know it alls, loud people, when people pay attention to him, talking about his feelings.

Personality: quiet, doesn't do well under pressure.

History: He was a foster child all his life. When he started to discover his powers things didn't go soo well...

Other:....

Up for love: yes

Power(s): Turn himself invisible and things around him invisible. He can see invisible things. . .
Last edited by ArahniaSiddel on Fri May 28, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

66 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 9:04 pm
SisterItaly says...

no that power is fine ArahniaSiddel!

The Book.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 26, 2010 9:38 pm
Apple says...

Name: Alice Munroe.

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Skills: Climbing anything from trees to houses. She just has a raw skill to it, Alice isn't at all scared of heights and loves to climb anything that seems in the least difficult. So in other words; she is very agile and can duck and weave very quickly.

Weaknesses: Alice is physically and emotionally weak. Anyone and everyone can affect her and this usually makes others angry. She doesn't like the thought of being alone in the world, and clings to the people she cares for.

Likes:Colours. Alice likes anything that flashes and is very very very colourful and bright. She often wears tutu's that are always atleast seven different colours. Alice also likes sweets. Anything that is nice, creamy and just tantalizingly sweet.

Dislikes:Alice hates anything boring and plain. This includes her name which she absolutely despises. She hates the fact that you cannot make nicknames that are different and unordinary.

Personality:Alice seeks project management opportunities within a people-oriented environment, where she can analyse situations (or people) and assist in the achievement of mutually agreed goals and objectives. She can comes across as rather childish and a bad-like child yet she is very shy and only wants to accepted.

History: Alice grew up always wanting to know her real father was. Her father supposedly died when she was two from a drug over dose, yet people seem to think that they have seen him. Alice lived with her mother and step father, a man who owed a telephone company and two very annoying step brothers. When she was fifteen she left Australia to live with her grandmother from her father's side. She wasn't very acceptant of the girl and would tell her so, but it was the only way to keep from going to the old folk's home.

Other:Her father, real father, left her something when she was born. It was present for when she became thirteen. No one knew what it was till then but when they did they wanted it out of the house. Her father left a dagger which supposedly had her family crest on it.

Up for love: Yes, if you like the clingy type. :wink:

Power(s): Fighting. It is a very wierd power yet Alice just has to watch a fighting style and immediatly can execute moves that usually takes years to get right.
I spy!

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde