z

Young Writers Society

The Twisted City

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 pm
LastPaladin says...

The tale begins when the old King who had ruled benevolently but hard dies of a unknown illness and next in line is his cousin Red. That's last anyone heard from main kingdom, rumours came out stating that the whole stronghold was under reign of an actual necromancer. Stories spoke of him killing people in the night. The four major groups meet, Dwarves, Elves, Drow and Humans an alliance is formed to end Red's reign.

After a few skirmishes it's apparent that they need to try other methods, a call for all the best heroes and heroines is rung out.

Day by day the castle grows more twisted, day by day more people die and Red's grasp over free world spreads.

It's now or never.

Credit goes to Griffinkeeper for these rules.

The Rules

The rules are simple:

No team-killing!

People take it very personally when you kill their character. Doing so ruins a writing relationship, which is what we're all trying to build. So, play nice.

No God Characters

Please, do not make your character a god. Let's keep our characters within believable bounds.

Fantasy Setting

The default setting is in a Medieval Europe setting. As the characters travel, the setting may change. If you want to be a Japanese Shogun, you might end up waiting a long while for us to come by.
The Rules

The rules are simple:

No team-killing!

People take it very personally when you kill their character. Doing so ruins a writing relationship, which is what we're all trying to build. So, play nice.

No God Characters

Please, do not make your character a god. Let's keep our characters within believable bounds.

Fantasy Setting

The default setting is in a Medieval Europe setting. As the characters travel, the setting may change. If you want to be a Japanese Shogun, you might end up waiting a long while for us to come by.

On Writing Style

This is an RPG, so players may write in any style they please. First person, third person omniscient, your choice.

On God-Moding.

God Moding is vague. Here is the rules for it.

1. Other authors may control another authors character. We're all equally authors on this story, so the characters that are here are also communal.

2. Authors can not write for any characters than their own. I can't make a post for any characters other than my own.

3. Authors can not undo the actions of their characters unless the post in question was against the character profile. If no complaint is made by the author of the character within a reasonable amount of time, then we'll keep going.

4. This isn't a turn RPG, it is a real time RPG. That means that you aren't obligated to stop and wait for the author to reply to your character. This way, we don't wait three days for a response.

Profile:

Full Name: Lireal

Birthplace: The Wounded Dwarf Inn

Father's Name: K'rein

Mother's Name: Jrade

Race: Dark Elf

Eye Color: Hazel (Though Red in the Dark)

Hair colour: White tied up with a strand of rope.

Height: 5.8

Personality: Confident but not complacent (After a Axe blow to her breast and up to her cheek) Will not kill anyone she feels an empathy for (she kills good and bad, but anyone she feels empathic for she lets live) Aggressive (through years of discrimination). Caring(Though rarely shows it) Trustworthy(despite what others say) Quite a heavy drinker.

Occupation: Sell sword, Assassin. Untrusted by most so work is hard to find.

Clothing: Light versatile chain-mail jerkin, black trousers, a under vest and a pack of bare essential crossbow bolts, a dozen throwing dagger. Some food for five days and one change of clothes. A sword belt round her waist.

Weapon(s): A dozen throwing daggers(about three with fast killing poison) A finely crafted blade very scimitar like. Sharp and angled, sharp teeth cut into one side (age old blood encrusted on the blade) A large crossbow made with precise precision by a human blacksmith. (The aim and accuracy are deadly.)

Special Skills: night-vision, globe or darkness, limited levitation, faerie fire, exceptional swordsmanship, excellent survival instinct underground and Tracking.

Natural Abilities: Night-vision

Classification: Assassin fighter

Brief History: Born in the room of the Inn "The Wounded Dwarf". Grew up around discrimination for her species. Filled in around the Inn's her and Parents ran to. Always short lived. Once her parents left and after four days of not returning. She began to worry she bought some weapons and enough food for journey to try and find them. Her Father was no weak man, but even the most adverse fighters fall. Finding no trace she assumed they'd fallen and set down a road of hate for anyone who insulted our tried to challenge her. Obviously she got noticed by a group of Assassin who were of course impressed by her swordsmanship. They offered her money for killing a very influential individual coming to the town.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am
Octave says...

Okidoki. Placeholder here.

EDIT: First profile posted

Full Name: Eira

Birthplace: Asgard

Father's Name: N/A

Mother's Name: N/A

Race: Valkyrie

Eye Color: Storm gray

Wing Color: White

Hair colour: Pale gold

Height: 5'11"

Personality: Forget ice queen; Eira is trapped in a glacier. She hardly ever speaks, but she stays watching people. Is quiet and will strike without warning. She only associates with those she considers noble. Highly susceptible to mood swings. Her temper is the simmering kind - she's not one to lash out, but she will have the last say. Hardly ever raises her voice. Will spare the enemy if she believes him noble.

Clothing: Only wears upper body armor - underneath which she wears a knee-length dress with a flowy skirt. Has a feathered helmet which doesn't cover her face.

Weapon(s): A double-edged longsword crafted in Asgard itself. Also has two daggers from the same place, but she only uses those as backup weapons.

Special Skills: Night vision, flying, inhuman speed and swordsmanship, does not need to eat or drink as she's a divine being. However, she can't swim due to her wings. Also can't fly in the rain. Her senses are quite good too. Highly susceptible to dark magic and any poison

Natural Abilities: ...All of the above? Maybe the ability to never age? oO

Classification: Divine warrior

Brief History: She was born full-grown. Never quite lived a pampered life - she's always there during the wars (what else are Valkyries for?). She once fell in love with a mortal warrior, but he died of a sickness instead of in war like she hoped, and therefore never quite became part of the einherjar.

As of late she hasn't been coming to earth as the last king's reign was quite peaceful. She's only joining this team because she has a soft spot for the heroes who truly mean well and aren't just looking for the fame and glory it promises.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Full Name: Valerian Halifax

Birthplace: Halifax Manor

Father's Name: Virgil Halifax

Mother's Name: Annette Halifax

Race: Human

Eye Color: Blue

Hair colour: Blue-black

Height: 6'1"

Personality: Valerian is a cheerful, easygoing yet lazy bastard who will do his best to worm out of work. He's crafty, cunning and will always prefer outsmarting opponents and trapping them in disadvantageous situations. He doesn't like to battle straight on. He will avoid arguments by simply smiling at everything his opponents say. His motto? Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Despite all that, he's a pretty fair guy who judges with clarity and reason. He's loyal as well, if you can figure out where his loyalties lie. He doesn't seem to help with anything as he simply hangs around the group.

Clothing: A white silk shirt, vest, and a cravat. When fighting or camping he'll wear a black robe over his clothes so as to avoid getting them dirty.

Weapon(s): A silver staff that, when held right, can be a sword. He often uses it as a staff, of course, but when worse comes to worst...

Special Skills: Night vision, black magic, communication with spirits, poison-making, stealth

Natural Abilities: ...Black magic and communication with spirits. An extensive knowledge on the supernatural maybe?

Classification: Necromancer

Brief History: Not much is known about him, as he refuses to say anything. He's part of a guild of necromancers, which puts him under the protection of his "brothers". He's also part of the affluent Halifax line, but he doesn't talk much about his family or why he's with the group.

Alignment: Lawful Evil
Last edited by Octave on Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am
kidashka says...

LastPaladi, is your character a drow or an elf? I'll join as one of those two races :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

168 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am
LastPaladin says...

kidashka wrote:LastPaladi, is your character a drow or an elf? I'll join as one of those two races :smt003

She's a drow which is the same as a Dark Elf.

Glad ya wanna join.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

33 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 11:48 am
kidashka says...

Am I allowed two characters? Cause I can't decide drow or elf >.<
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

168 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 am
LastPaladin says...

kidashka wrote:Am I allowed two characters? Cause I can't decide drow or elf >.<

Yes, but only if you're sure you can control them.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm
ladyKixRox says...

I would love to join! as an elf though...and if i'm allowed two characters a Japanese shogun! xD!!
"Smart?? That's an insult! I am a Stupid,Smart,Talented,Unique person in demand."
For The RolePlayers and The Storybookers,The Twilight lovers, The HON obsessies, and The VD Swooners
Go Here---->http://nyxsentgoodness.niceboards.org/forum

168 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 pm
LastPaladin says...

ladyKixRox wrote:I would love to join! as an elf though...and if i'm allowed two characters a Japanese shogun! xD!!

You're allowed two characters but please stick to high fantasy and DnD type fantasy when posting characters.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 pm
rygel says...

are people allowed to kill their own characters

168 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm
LastPaladin says...

rygel wrote:are people allowed to kill their own characters
If you abandon character or choose not to participate anymore, you can of course have character killed.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 pm
Vanadis says...

Ooh, I forgot to stick my placeholder in. Here it is. It might take me a day or so to work on it (but I told you this already.) I think I'm just gonna stick with a human.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

33 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm
kidashka says...

Full Name: Nerissa Hunlyl
Birthplace: ???
Father's Name: Zytan
Mother's Name: Araiel
Race: Drow
Eye Color: Red-Amber
Hair colour: White blonde
Height: 5'2"

Personality: Nerissa is both untrustworthy and distrustful. She neither honours her promises nor maintains personal loyalties once they no longer benefit her. Considers Drow to be far superior to any other race. She is very driven in her aims, yet will rarely fight for anything but herself. Extremely over-confident and proud, she is determined to exact revenge on anyone who crosses her or humiliates her. Does not forget betrayals easily.
However she can be courteous and urbane, even to deadly rivals. She enjoys surrounding herself with things of beauty, giving hardly a thought to the cost.

Clothing:
Tends towards black versatile clothing for camoflage at night. Various weapons on person at all times, namely dual dwords and many many throwing knives.
(EDIT: clothing like this; ignore woman!
Spoiler! :
)

Weapon(s): As above. Dual swords and throwing knives.

Special Skills: Excellent agility and use of swords/knives. Good aim.

Natural Abilities:
Highly developed senses; however this does lead to problems as bright lights tend to temporarily blind her. Some resistance to magic.

Classification: Rogue

Brief History: She was raised in the typical Drow mindset (Drow are superior; trust no-one) and this has resulted in her sparkling personality. She left the Drow city of her birth and went to become an outlaw. Yay. (Sorry for vagueness, I hate writing histories)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

-----

Full Name: Naldrin Godearn
Birthplace: ??
Father's Name: Ozhar
Mother's Name: Nimaya
Race: Elf
Eye Color: Blue-green
Hair colour: Blonde
Height: 6'1"

Personality: Naive and completely trusting. He doesn't really believe that people can be evil - people who do bad things are just 'misguided' or 'misunderstood' in his eyes. Needless to say this leads to problems; however he seems to bounce back extremely quickly each time he is let down. He's quick to make friends, yet often doesn't realise he's being used for whatever reason.

Clothing: Pratical clothing? Carries some medical supplies, a book, quite alot of money and food with him in a rucksack.

Weapon(s): Bahah. No weapon skill. He'll get you with his spork.

Special Skills: ...He's not very skilled. Can run fairly fast, some medical skill. Considerable magical ability, notably (limited) healing and creating little bubbles of light.

Natural Abilities: Good hearing and sharp eyesight.

Classification: Traveller

Brief History: Sheltered upbringing from a fairly wealthy elfin family, which has resulted in his somewhat skewed views of the world. Has not had extensive experience of the real world, so his parents gave him some money to explore the world and stop bugging them with his theories on the non-existance of evil.

Alignment: Lawful/Neutral Good

Are these okay? Please tell me of any changes I should make. :smt003
Last edited by kidashka on Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

168 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 pm
LastPaladin says...

The profile are great if you could maybe expand on the histories a bit it would be great. But here's the information you all need for the alignments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_ ... 26_Dragons)

Also a bit about Drow/Dark Elves.

A PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Drow are elven, no matter who would like to deny this fact. The most notable feature of drow is their black skin, and pale (most usually white) hair. Drow on average are rarely more then five feet in height. Drow females tend to be bigger and stronger than males. Male drow weigh between 80 and 110 pounds, and females weigh between 95 and 120. They are typically elven in appearance, other then their skin color. Both sexes tend to be lithe, slim, and graceful in build, features, and movements, much as other elves appear to human eyes. They have long delicate fingers, pointed ears, and almond shaped eyes.
Drow vary in shape, features, and hair color as greatly as humans do. The only exception to this rule is their uniformly jet-black skin (the few exceptions tend to be bone white albinos). The majority of drow have snow-white hair from birth, yellowing (if female) or graying (if male) and thinning with great age. Rare drow have naturally silver or copper-hued hair, although there are those who deliberately dye their hair silver (these drow are the followers of Eilistraee).
Most drow have red eyes. Others have green, brown, or black. Various shades of gray, even amber and rose-hued eyes are not unknown. All drow eyes tend to grow redder when they are angry or upset. Yellow eyes usually denote illness, disease, poisoning, or the presence of certain detrimental magics. Blue and purple (and all the tints thereof) are the most unusual eye colors, and usually denote human or surface elven blood somewhere in the drow's ancestry. Drow teeth may be black, white, or purple, and their gums, tongues, and throats pink, red, or purple.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

33 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 pm
kidashka says...

Done the alignments now... :)

I think I looked at a similar website for info on personality and mindset :smt003

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm
ladyKixRox says...

Full Name: Falon

Birthplace: Unknown

Father's Name: Helien

Mother's Name: Robin

Race: Elf

Eye Color: Silver (With Dark blue Pupils)

Hair colour: Long Black straight hair down to her waist.With bangs that appear to cover her eyes.

Height: 5.6

Personality: Very Timid,But intdependent. A strong warrior but you would never know it. Very soft speech. She's clever and well taught about the land, Enjoys exploring.

Occupation: By day She helps at a midwifery. By night, She deals with the black market buying and selling things she can.

Clothing: A large Forest Green Tunic that falls to her knees. Thick Brown corset/armor That shapes the tunic to look like a dress. Sheep Skin boots that cross tie to her knees. A Silver chain necklace with a sapphire stone in the shape of a tear drop,that she picked up from the black market,and has given her good luck ever since

Weapon(s): Carries two foreign knives in hidden. They are strapped to each o her legs under her dress. Carries Poison darts. She creates the poisons herself with what she finds on the black market. She uses a different poison every time and creates a different antidote so no one ever finds the cure to any of her poisons.A Cross Bow made from a Sacred oak tree.

Special Skills: Medicine, Tracking, Archery(She never misses) Animal whispering.
Natural Abilities: Night-vision

Classification: Medic,Assassin,fighter,

Brief History: Living most of her childhood and adult life in the main kingdom as an apprentice to the village Mid wife. Falon was a mix of elf and Human. She had the appearance of a human but the eyes and skills of an elf. She was taken into secret custody when the husband of her Teacher turned her in To Red because he noticed her barely aging after 20 years she still looked 19.Red thought differently,instead of keeping her locked away he decided to use use her as an assassin to take down the any of his enemies. So she was put deliberately in the black market to assassinate any scum who ever tried to oppose Red. After some years her Teacher and husband died and she Inherited the Midwifery.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

~~~~~~~~~
Let me know if things need to be changed!
"Smart?? That's an insult! I am a Stupid,Smart,Talented,Unique person in demand."
For The RolePlayers and The Storybookers,The Twilight lovers, The HON obsessies, and The VD Swooners
Go Here---->http://nyxsentgoodness.niceboards.org/forum

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart