z

Young Writers Society

Primeval Awakenings

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 pm
RedBird says...

This is a storybook that me and my friends, Tazakk, aslan_radish24, and others, came up with.

This SB is loosely based on the TV series Primeval.

The year is 2011. Nothing much has changed from right now, and people's lives have gone on as usual. Then, around Sydney, Australia there begin to be strange sightings of unusual creatures. No one knows what these things are, and the stories seem radically different. No one of any power pays any attention to these rumors. And so, the stories propagate, culminating in several disappearances. When, by several coincidences, a professor, and several government agents, as well as some normal citizens, arrive at the sight of a disappearance, they are astounded and terrified by what they find. In an abandoned lot next to a eucalyptus forest, they discover the body of a long dead animal. And by long dead, I mean extinct. The creature is identified as a gorgonops, a mammalian reptile from the Permian Era. After a more in depth examination of the area, the group finds something even more extraordinary: a rip in time, through which the gorgonops had come. The group is in shock, and that is when the attack comes. Another gorgonops crashes through the trees, grabbing a member of the investigating group, and runs back through the rip.

You are a member of the group, still in shock from the abrupt and brutal attack on one of your companions. Will you alert the authorities? Go through the rip? For this is not the only rip. They have begun to pop up all around the country, sometimes remaining for long periods of time, sometimes disappearing in minutes. They open to all periods of time, past, present, future. And creatures keep falling through, wreaking havoc and causing more deaths.

Now that that's all out of the way, let's get to characters! We're only allowing one character per person here, but you can be from what ever profession you want, and you can be from any age of 12-40.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Profession:

Secrets:

Other:

If you have any creatures that you would like to come through the rips, or have any ideas for future technology or creatures, PM me!

Rules:

-Usual YWS rules (no god-modding, sex scenes, etc.)
-No super gory violence, though undoubtably there will be some in moderate amounts.
-Romance allowed, but let's keep it tame.
-Have fun!

PM me if you have any questions!
Here's my character:

Name: Nick Jonston

Appearance: http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/sabph ... 135387.jpg

Personality: Nick is usually upbeat and easy to get along with. He loves being with people and also loves science. He is a graduate student in paleontology, and was investigating the strange tales of creatures.

Profession: Graduate student

Secrets: None

Other: Up for love.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 pm
untameabletiger says...

Name: Nicole (Nikkie)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Nicole is very adventurous and loves to stand out.Her love of animals made her a vegetarian. She will not take no for an answer. She is a trouble maker most of the time, though many see her has an angel.

Profession: a journalist

Secrets: Nicole has a huge fear of rejection and heights.

Other: she is up for love!(:

61 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 am
RedBird says...

I forgot to mention that I'll be picking creatures to come through, and will take your suggestions to heart, as well.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue May 25, 2010 3:49 am
phantom of the potter says...

This looks interesting - I'll take a spot.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 pm
Tazakk says...

Name: Dave Franks

Appearance: Square face, with a buzz cut that he's let grow out somewhat. He wears suits all the time, as if he has some obligation to it. This obviously contrasts with his face and this topic has brought up multiple snickers in the past.

Personality: Dave is serious to an extreme. This trait has assisted in the development of his hatred for some of the more lighthearted people on the team. He lives by strict morals that he would take to his grave. This may prove to be fundamental when he is forced to make difficult decisions.

Profession: Proffesor

Secrets: None (even if he had one, he probably wouldn't admit it to himself).
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm
aslan_radish24 says...

Name: Pippy Twotuck

Appearance: bouncy ginger hair, petite, light freckles, short,
wears light, comfortable clothing.
LINK:http://elseachelsea.typepad.com/frolic/images/2008/06/19/johanna_2.jpg

Personality: sweet, caring, loving, has a slight anger management problem.

Profession: body double

Secrets: it is not a secret if i tell you

Other: orphan, also: THE PERSON THE GORGONOPS TOOK WAS PIPPY'S TWIN SISTER, LILI.
Last edited by aslan_radish24 on Sat May 29, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hellodilly-odilly, there!
Enjoy your time in cyberspace, creatures of the dark.
Certain levels of hypocrisy (redbird gets it).

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri May 28, 2010 2:07 am
aslan_radish24 says...

as for creatures...how about some sort of puppet thing? maybe a porcelain doll?
possibly a mutant creation of robotics, dolls, and mirrors?
Hellodilly-odilly, there!
Enjoy your time in cyberspace, creatures of the dark.
Certain levels of hypocrisy (redbird gets it).

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 30, 2010 12:52 pm
Tazakk says...

Should we start this before it is forgotten? There aren't many characters, but... :smt102
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

61 Reviews

Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm
RedBird says...

I guess we might as well...
~Snape, AVPM

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker