z

Young Writers Society

Cursed Atonement

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon May 24, 2010 4:24 am
sylverdawn says...

*I thought it would be interesting to come up with a story where everyone's the bad guy, or could become the bad guy. BWA HA HA HA!!!*

Cursed Atonement-

Plot: Sins of abbas es forever saluto in filius. The sins of the father are forever visited on the son. The child will pay for the crimes of the parent.

Caligula, Hitler, Ivan the Terrible, Jack the Ripper, Idi Amin Dada, Pol Pot, Vlad III of Romania(aka Vlad the Impaler), Mao Zedong, Adolf Eichmann, Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Attila the Hun, Rasputin, Genghis Kahn, Judas. And many more.

The greatest villians throughout history, there are no names more reviled. There crimes were so great that there own deaths were not enough to atone for all the blood they had shed. So their bloodlines were cursed, their children and descendents hounded by misfortune, not a one living to thirty. And so it has been throughout the centuries.

Eventually the families even forgot why they were so cursed. Until present day, the year is 2453 after the third world war, humanity regressed back to the feudal ages and has only just began to climb back out. At the dawn of the New Rennaiscance era, determined to uncover the truth behind their misfortune, the descendents gather. The quest for answers begins as they are drawn together by their desire to break the curse.

At the same time the spirits of their anscestors call out, they seek to live once again, to take the bodies of their descendents and tread the world once more.

Once again, war looms on the horizon.

--------------------
rules: the same as usual, no god moding, no killing off characters without permission, etc... There is only once special power, the ability to communicate with and channel your anscestral spirit, however this is dangerous as they wish to possess you permanantly, but they do not want you dead. The current timeline would be something like a cross between the rennaiscance, and the era of exploration.
--------------------
characters: Please follow this character profile.

name-
age-
gender-
anscestor- (pick your villains everyone)
appearance-
history- (a tragic past is a must for this story)
personality-
abilties- (basically does he know martial arts, can he survive in the wild, is he a strong swimmer, stuff like that.)
other-

-------------------------------
My Profile-

name- Raven Cajhe (pronounced Raven Cage)
age- 19
gender- male
anscestor- Judas (the original Betrayer)

appearance- http://media.photobucket.com/image/spir ... .jpg?o=132 ,accept his hair is black.

history- Raven was born in the South Pole of all places, his parents were researchers there before the third world war. When the war broke out Raven was only two years old. His father was drafted into the U.S. army. Alone in the research center, his mother cryogenically froze Raven when he was five.

Hundreds of years later Raven awoke to find that the Center had been destroyed and abandoned centuries ago. He grew up completely isolated in the tundra. Learning to survive in one of the worlds harshest enviorments. When he was fourteen he found a pair of Ice Wolves, animals that had mutated from the radiation in the third world war. He raised the cubs and when he was sixteen the trio left the tundra drifting north on an ice berg.

After three years back among people, Raven has gotten used to what he sees as a regressed time. He has been chased out of most of the towns and cities he's gone to. Wandering around looking for a place to live. By this point he's seriously considering moving back to Antartica.

personality- Aloof and independent, Raven goes his own way, and knows no law but his own. Incredibly competive and reckless, he's a hot head. Since most of his life was spent alone, he doesn't do well with crowds of people. Cynical with a slightly morbid sense of humor. Also because of his isolated upbringing Raven is more vulnerable to his anscestor's manipulations then the others. Will reveal more with time.

abilites- He can survive in almost any type of enviorment. Alone in the old research center he read all the books there so he's probably one of the few people living with a university education. A genius with a 200+ I.Q., as a child he even got the research center up and running again. He carries one of the few remaining guns with him, and can make his own ammo. An expert marksman.

other- Up for love, the tattoos on his arms are birthmarks everyone in his family has, the Mark of Judas. The medallion he wears was forged from the silver Judas betrayed Christ for.

A picture of the Ice Wolves, Storm and Gale- http://media.photobucket.com/image/whit ... 1.jpg?o=63
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 am
sylverdawn says...

*Come on people POST!*

novel.php?id=1157

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 28, 2010 10:44 pm
Bandgeek says...

I'll join.

Name:Kat

Ancestor: Jack the Ripper

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
1239760988_3842_full.jpeg
1239760988_3842_full.jpeg (14.86 KiB) Viewed 658 times

History:Both her parents died when she was 9. She killed them because of the horrid conditions they were living in. She knew that was the only way to live. It haunts her. Kat lives in a broken city, living with her gang in the rubble. She heard by word of mouth that the children of the world were meeting to rebuild a city. Wants her piece so starts traveling.

Personality: Greedy, she decides on whats best for her, without caring about others. Acts strong but has a gentle side that rarely shows. Hard to make her do anything that she doesn't want to do.

Abilities: Thick skin hard to penetrate, heightened senses, good with a knife, extremely fit, leader.

Other: up for love
Oh no! I'm going into the cave. Wha... Call m... Lat... I'm... *Turns phone off* Yes lost them!

Reviews: 4
Sat May 29, 2010 2:18 pm
MayApple says...

I save a spot for descendant of Ivan the terrible.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sat May 29, 2010 2:25 pm
Yuriiko says...

Oh my... everyone's the villain? Hey, I like to take Ted Bundy as my character. I watched a movie of him.hee-hee! XD
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

66 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 10:50 pm
sylverdawn says...

*Since this story has been up for a few days, once one or two more profiles are up we'll start, people can join as we go along.*

novel.php?id=1157

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun May 30, 2010 3:58 am
FinalFreedom says...

Name: Aeolynn Anandre Royal (pronounced Eh-Oh-Lin An-An-Dray Roy-All), most commonly referred to as "Aeo", "Aeos", "Anna", "Drey" or "Roy".

Ancestor: Charles Cullen

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: "Aeolynn," she said. "Her name shall be Aoelynn Anandre Royal."

It began with the whispered words of her dying mother. The name that no one knew, no one could pronounce; a name that held no written meaning except for "you are mine, and I am yours". Aeolynn never knew her mother, as the same bed that would bring her birth would also simultaneously bring her mother's death.

Never having a true place to call home, Aeolynn grew up in a small country home, with six supposed siblings and two neurotic parents. Her acting father was a man who couldn't count unless the specimens he was rounding happened to be cows or pigs, while her mother frequently tried to poison her with home cooked goods made from recipes that should have been long since forgotten.

Aeolynn developed the ability to remain invisible while completely out in the open. "Be not heard nor seen," she would say to herself in nothing but a mumble. Her theory eventually lead to her life continuing, but also to her family's demise. Under the bed, behind the boxes, she listened ever so quietly, and was not seen. She hid for a day, terrified. At the young age of nine, Aeolynn Anandre Royal had no idea why the men had come to kill her family, or what they had been looking for her. She lived until the age of nineteen, when she finally realized exactly what it had been they were looking for.

Her.

After the murder, Aeolynn fled from the country into the forest. After days of traveling, she came across a small cabin. In said cabin she made her life until she came of the age seventeen, when she moved to the nearest town after meeting a man; a traveler in the forest who had also found her cabin. The man, who soon became more than just a friend, allowed Aeolynn to stay with him. By the time she was eighteen they were married, and Aeolynn was pregnant with a daughter, whom they would name Theia.

A year after the birth of Theia, Aeolynn's husband went missing. Frantic, Aeolynn did whatever she could to find him while toting her one year old daughter. After a month, three men arrived at her door, dragging along her husband. The scene unfolded inside as the men admitted to being the ones who murdered her foster family, as well as the reason why they hunted her: being a descendant of Jack the Ripper; her husband was murdered, Aeolynn was brutally assaulted, and Theia was taken. The men left, believing they had killed Aeolynn.

Ever since, Aeolynn has become a wanderer. Never knowing where to go, never knowing when to stop. Broken, belittled, and with a heart forged of stone, Aeolynn now searches for anything that could erase her past, her family history, or allow her to atone for the deeds that were committed by her ancestor.

Personality: Aeolynn prefers to remain quiet and speak more through her actions than her words. Don't be confused; she does speak, and when she does, her words are ones to be listened to clearly. Despite her vow of silence, Aeolynn is kind, caring, and impulsive. She will stand up for any one whom she cares about, and is definitely not weak. She makes an excellent friend, and one day, will make an excellent lover.

Abilities: Having lived in the forest for many years, Aeolynn can easily take care of herself using nothing but her surroundings; she can hunt, build shelters, make fires, and knows how to keep herself from becoming ill due to food she cooks. She is also a strong swimmer and fisher. She has trained herself how to poach animals, but is rather lacking in the area of fighting. Her greater weakness is that of her kindness and her vow to never take a human life, thus making herself extremely vulnerable.

Other: She's up for love. Aeolynn has scars that are shaped like those of wounds made by a knife; and despite appearance, she was born with them. She also has a white tattoo (which is barely visible on her skin) in the shape of a bird on the nape of her neck. Aeolynn also suffers from a wound given to her when she was assaulted that never fully healed in the form of serious abdominal pain.
Last edited by FinalFreedom on Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

66 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 1:40 am
sylverdawn says...

*So we have two descendents of Jack the Ripper? ? ?*

novel.php?id=1157

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 31, 2010 1:52 am
Bandgeek says...

I guess. :smt102
Oh no! I'm going into the cave. Wha... Call m... Lat... I'm... *Turns phone off* Yes lost them!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 31, 2010 4:30 pm
kidashka says...

Can I have Rasputin's ancestor? I don't know who alot of the others are... >.<
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Lemme change it ;)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 am
Undertaker says...

Name- Nyx Carnal(pronounced like Nix)
Age- 16
Gender- Female
Ancestor- The Zodiac Killer
Appearance- the picture…
Spoiler! :

History- She was abandoned by her parents at the age of five because they were afraid of what she would become. After living on the street for a year, she learned the art of stealing and fighting. One day she stole something that something happened to belong to a local gang in town. Wanting that something back, they came after her. In the end she was the only on left standing. For a nine years she joined them and fought with them. Soon though, she got tired of the gang life and left. The rules of the gang are if you leave you die.

At first she did not want to fight them, they were her friends after all, but a couple minutes into the fight she felt something pull at her and she blacked out. She woke up to a bloody mess all around her. She ran. From then on she has traveled from place to place, stealing or bartering. Sometimes even getting paid to do an odd job here or there.
Personality- She may seem cold, quiet and distant when you first meet her, but if you manage to somehow get though that shell and become her friend, she will be the most faithful and amazing friend you ever had. She also is very smart and loves solving riddles or code of any kind, which is why she likes history so much.
Abilities- She can speak many different languages because of her traveling experience. She is also amazing a close range fight and decent at long range fighting. She is good with directions and great at navigating. She is good at breaking codes. Weakness is people, she has trust problems, so being around to many people makes her uncomfortable.
Other- She’ll be up for love.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

66 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 am
sylverdawn says...

*Since it's been up for so long, I guess we can start, if anyone wants they can join as the story progresses.*

Raven-

A song played gently in the background, Raven looked up as his mother came into the room, the cake she carried held five candles, her voice rose and fell soothingly as she sang to him. They laughed together as they ate the cake, saving a piece for when daddy came home. As the candles burned low, Raven closed his eyes, even though he wasn't sleepy.

When he woke up he was alone in a white world.

Raven's eyes snapped open as he woke with a jolt. Storm and Gale were pressed tightly against him their thick coats keeping him warm in the autumn night. The stars shone brightly overhead, so clear it was like he could reach out and touch them.

'Dreaming about the past again?' The voice was quiet and soft, there was no menace in the question and yet it chilled Raven to the bone. He glanced across the camp to see a dark haired man sitting on the other side of the fire. Raven couldn't see his face, but his eyes gleamed in the darkness, brilliant silver, the same as his own.

Sighing Raven sat up and glared at the spirit. "What do you want with me now old man? It's late, I'm tired, I'd like to sleep." Judas often dissapeared for weeks at a time, but he always returned to Raven, his only living blood descendent.

"Oh I don't want anything Raven, I just thought I should be here to greet an old friend."

Raven's brow furrowed in confusion. "An old friend? What are you talking about?" Behind him Raven heard the snap of a tree branch, Storm and Gale snarled as they got to their feet, Raven dove for the gun he kept loaded at all times and pointed into the dark woods. "Who's out there?"

*This can be anyone's cue, just so everyone's clear, the spirits know eachother even if their descendents don't.*

novel.php?id=1157

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:38 pm
View Likes
Undertaker says...

Nyx
I looked along the path that headed to the next place I was going, it was a small town out here in the middle of the forest. It was dark out and it was also hard to see the path. Sighing I felt no need to go down this path right now, but I could feel something pulling me and urging me to go.

Letting out another soft sigh, I made my way down the path. I walked slowly so I could enjoy the scenery as the moonlight shined on it. I stopped and closed my eyes, so I could really listen to the forest, when suddenly a voice rang around me. I stood in the middle of the path, still as a statue. Opening my eyes, I looked around. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the something move. Turning around, I stood and faced the shadow.

Every time this man came to visit me, I could never see his face. It was always shadowed by something, and I could never tell if he was smiling or frowning. I had long ago found out that he called himself The Zodiac. Crossing my arms over my chest I glared at The Zodiac.

"Can I help you?" I questioned.

"Nope, not at all."

"Then why are you here, I am busy after all. I have places to go and things to see." I said.

"I'm here to see an old friend of mine. He is very close after all."

“What are you talking about?”

“You’ll see.” After he said that he faded away. Shrugging my shoulders I continued to walk. As I walked I must have accidentally wandered from the path, because next thing I know, I see light in front of me and hear a chorus of growls from the same direction. She also heard someone shout "Who's out there?". Stunned that someone was actually out here at this time of night it took her a minute to say something, "Nyx, Nyx Carnal."she stated.
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:50 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

name- Shadow Manson

age- 14

gender- Female

anscestor- Charles Manson

appearance-
Spoiler! :

history- Shadow never knew her parents, or what happened to them. She doesn't even know her real first name. All she knows is that someone took care of her until she was old enough (five or six, by her reckoning) to take care of herself. By the age of eight, she was incredibly persuasive, would kill if it meant food, water, money, or safety, and was an expert thief. She bounced around from gang to gang, never staying in one for more than one or two nights. She never formed her own. She tells herself it's because she's an independent person, but deep down she knows it's because she's afraid of what she'll do. She raised herself and lives by her own morals, and is a wanderer in her own right.

personality- Shadow is bold, defiant, tough and almost harsh. A gang member named her Shadow because of her extreme stealth and haunting aura. She keeps to herself a lot, though, because she thinks if she bonds too closely, she'll end up killing that person. After all, it's the way it's always been. She knows what she wants, and will stop at nothing to get it. She's a little scared of herself because of her violent, sometimes deceptive nature.

abilties- Stealthy, athletic, fast, a great fighter. Very persuasive and has a knack for knowing where she can find her basic needs. Skilled thief.

other- She wants to be able to love someone without hurting them, but she's given up on that. She always wears leather knuckle gloves and a necklace with a metal skull-shaped charm on it, a gift from the gang she was most fond of.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Okay I’m supposed to be asleep what am I doing measuring sinks
— EllieMae