z

Young Writers Society

Gypsy Child

Reviews: 4
Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm
MayApple says...

Charles

We begin our walk down the canyon walls. The chaperon drones on like a tour guide about types of rocks and layers of the canyon and whatever else I wasn't listening to. I have my arm around Juliet the whole time, getting looks from the other girls. Silly, jealous girls.

We begin to hike downward, more, and the side of the canyon began to narrow. I stayed on the outside, closer to the canyon cliff. After a while, I couldn't believe the tour guide/chaperon still had things to talk about. We finally stop in a little picnic area for lunch. I sit down beside Juliet on a bench.

"How are you doing?" I ask Juliet.

"Fine."

"Is there anything I could do for you?"
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 pm
FadedHeart says...

Stacey

"What's this I hear about sneaking off?" Derek comes striding over.

"We are ditching this group." I laugh.

"Ha, good luck. If you get caught sneaking of, its a weeks detention." Derek raises an eyebrow.

"The key words being 'if you get caught'." Cole laughs.

"Please, the last thing that's going to happen is us getting caught." I say to Derek.

"Okay..." He says skeptically.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Sure Daydreams. Derek and Cole would make good friends. xD**

DEREK

He grins. "Okay," he replies, with a grin. "But, just so you know, you don't have a shot of getting out of here without me."

Cole snorts and rolls his eyes. "So are we just going to stand around then?" He asks with an excited smile.

Derek raises an eyebrow. "What about you, Stacey?" He questions. "You backing out."

"I think the better question is, are you going to get us caught with stupid questions," she replies, a smirk forming.

He shrugs, laughing. "Alright then. Let's do this."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

*Hey, everyone, I was grounded and I'm wondering what's happened. By the way, can someone bring my character Blaze in? Thanks.*
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun May 23, 2010 7:15 pm
Sapi says...

*Lily is friends with Sutton, like Fox mentioned the friend but didn't say her name.*

Lily

While I was walking away, I looked over my shoulder, chuckling still, to see Sutton walk towards a group of kids, laughing and talking in one big huddle. I stopped mid step to hold my breath. Sutton wasn't a social type, but I still liked her as a friend. She was awesome in a way.

Looking somehow half nervous and half confident, my friend stepped in front of them to say hi. Suddenly, looking at the group of kids, they didn't look as nice as they had at first glance. Narrowing my eyes, I tensed to run towards them.

About to spring forward to support Sutton, someone standing behind me who I hadn't noticed before laughed cruelly. Frozen to the spot, I turned on my heel to see a huge man watching the group of kids, who were presently staring at Sutton with, some, I noticed, deceitful eyes. The big man was, surprisingly, oblivious to me. How curious, I thought.
Last edited by Sapi on Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 pm
Day says...

sunstarfrozenlife wrote:*Hey, everyone, I was grounded and I'm wondering what's happened. By the way, can someone bring my character Blaze in? Thanks.*

we just just started so why don't you go with Lily and Sutton??
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

Reviews: 1
Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 pm
Fox says...

Sutton

I walked up to the group of kids. I knew they wouldn't like me, but I really needed to work on my social skills. I didn't care what they thought of me.

The only reason I really wanted to do this was because I thought I recognized them. I had seen them in the park before, and the way they looked at me when I walked over to them made me think that they knew me too.

"Hey." I said when I reached them.

"Hey." They said back to me. They were more pleasant than I thought they were going to be. One of the girls there looked at me with an odd expression, though.

"Do I know you?" she asked.

"I don't think so." I said.

"Well, you look a lot like someone I know."

"Okay..." I said awkwardly. That's when I decided that I was never going to try and be social again. It was way too hard and awkward. I walked away and didn't take a look back. I just walked straight up to Lily, who was still in the street staring at a strange man.

She chuckled when she saw me.

"I'm just going to stick to being anti-social." I said. She laughed again. We walked home, and I kept noticing her glancing back at the man, who seemed to be watching us.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Random avatar

Mon May 24, 2010 4:47 pm

*this is a bit of an introductory period, before he comes to this place*

Blaze

I grabbed my bags and headed out. To anyone else it seemed irrational, but I needed to get away from my parents, and now. I headed towards the airport.

Being underage for the airports restrictions, they wouldn't let me on I knew. A man stood there, sweating and looking very nervous. I walked up to him and whispered, "If you call me your son, your tickets done and payed for."

He looked towards me, startled, and then slowly nodded.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

Mon May 24, 2010 9:56 pm
FadedHeart says...

Stacey

"Alright then. Let's do this." Derek says.

I watch as the tour guise begins to descend into the canyons. I wait until no one is looking, then I press my palm to the ground, and a tree begins to grow. Soon, a large apple tree is standing where there was once nothing. I take an apple off the tree.

"What was that for?" Cole asks.

"I was hungry." I reply, and take a bite. They both laugh.

"Okay, here's the real plan." I say, and look around quickly. Then I just say, "Let's walk in the opposite direction."

"That wasn't very exciting." Derek complains.

"What did you expect?" I respond. Then we see a group of obviously boarding school people begin to walk down into the canyon.

"Let's follow them." I suggest.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

Random avatar

Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Blaze

The national park was a pretty stupid place to go. What was there for me here? Um, nothing, basically. And I had no idea where to go.

I spotted a group of kids. They looked like they were from a boarding school. Following them seemed like a not bad idea. Especially since they had a tour guide and a group of kids I could half try to blend in with.

I came up behind them and tried to blend in. Not that it would ever work.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 24, 2010 11:11 pm
untameabletiger says...

Name: Sarah jade

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality:Sarah is very sassy and sarcastic,but once she makes friends she is loyal.Her uniqueness and positiveness are two of her strengths.She is very aggressive and usually gets her way.Her loud personality makes it hard for others not to notice her.

Power: (if you are a Gypsy child) advanced hearing

History: Sarah grew up in a medium sized family, 1 sister, 1 brother and loving parents until a horrible fire killed her parents when she was 10. her sister departed because of a plane crash. Her brother (around her age) was now her protection and can't live without him.

Likes/Dislikes: likes: music,guys,friends,playing guitar and piano,writing songs etc.
Dislikes: pessimists,people who try to hurt her family or have hurt-en it already.
Flaws: Sarah is out for revenge for those who helped kill her family,she is horrible with first impressions. she sometimes comes on to strong or pushy.

Up for Love:yep(:

Other: nothing.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Mon May 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Day says...

Derek (Control Earth):

"Sounds a good a plan as any," I comment. All three of us head down the path the other kids took. For a while we just meandered down the path doing random stuff with rocks and plants. Finally we came into sight of the group we had been following. A few of the teens from the other group were goofing off not in the back not paying attention to what the tour guide was saying at all.

"Well should we just walk right up to them or do something a little bit more dramatic?" I ask.

"Let's definitely go for dramatic. Remember the last time when we scared those other tourists so bad," at this we all share a laugh.

"Sounds like a good idea. Now what did you have in mind?" Stacey asked.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 pm
Sapi says...

Sutton had come over for dinner that night, as I told her that she still should work on social skills, so matter what. She was gloomy as she picked at her green beans and mashed potatoes. My parents looked worried, and not very happy with me for bringing this friend over.

Suddenly, I had that feeling that someone was looking at me from behind. Mid-bite, I turned in my chair to peer out the heavily curtained windows. Who should I find, just for a split second before he realized I had seen him and ducked down below the sill, but the huge man I had seen earlier, at the park.

Heart beating fast, I turned back to face Sutton, who had noticed me glancing behind, but couldn't tell what I had seen.

"Come on," I said a few minutes later, after silence at the dinner table. "Let's go to my room." Gratefully, Sutton was quick to follow me down the hallway into the safety of my room.

"I have to tell you something."
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 24, 2010 11:47 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Sarah Jade~

Alone,i slowly walked down a path, that led to, something i wasn't sure of, a fork in the path.I could feel the rocks under my feet through my shoes as i went down one of the paths, and there was a forceful wind, seemingly to be directed on me.My feet slowly going backwards no matter how hard i tried to to forward like a whirlpool.

The wind suddenly stopped, and i fell to the ground hard.Standing back up,i dusted myself off and continued the way i was going before the strange wind.But again, i was forced back, when i reached the same place as before.

I decided to try the other route, since traveling that same way was obviously useless. kicking up gravel,and dirt as i went, i came to a small shop.i entered.

"Hello sir, do you have any thing to drink?" i asked as i walked in.

"yes we do" he pointed to a cooler,and walked from behind the counter and came to me.

"you know your special" he said calmly "me? no." i replied

"you mean you don't like being a gypsy child?" "a what?"

From there he took me into a nearby room, and explained.

"You've got to be kidding me!" i laughed "No." he answered sternly.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**I think you mean Cole controls Earth DayDreams. xD lol**

Derek - Healing

Derek smirked at the other two. "You know, I don't really see the point in sneaking away if we're not going to cause some dramatic get-a-way."

Cole nodded agreeing. "What do you say we cause some real trouble around here. Maybe freak out some of the students."

Derek nodded. "Maybe I can play prince charming and get that girl to come with us. I wouldn't mind talking to her a little," he grinned.

Stacey rolled her eyes as Cole nodded his head in approval.

"That's Lily," Stacey said, with a sigh. "Geez, Derek, do you hit on anything that walks on two legs?"

Derek shrugged. "Just anything that walks on two very attractive legs."

Cole snorted loudly and Derek grinned at him. "So what's the plan then? Cause I don't really have any idea of how to cause a scene and get out."

**Any ideas? :D**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox