Young Writers Society

Shadowland

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Thu May 20, 2010 1:39 am
captain.classy says...

Shadowland

Let me say that this is based on my short story, Penetrating the Pale Horse, and is my idea, and I would appreciate no plagiarism of this. (:

Death and God have devised a plan. They are tired of children dying before they have the chance to fully live. Because they want to change this, they have devised an ‘afterlife’ where children can go. They will not be able to venture to heaven until they complete their mission. Their mission, you ask? Improve someone’s life.

They will be in the afterlife, basically a world between death and life. You will be able to see the world that the living live in, but no one will see you. You can touch things in the living’s world, and humans will see it. They will be able to see your reflection (in a mirror or water or something).

But don’t dawdle in this land. You have a mission. From time to time Death (I will be speaking for him) will remind you of your mission if you seem to forget. Remember that your mission could be anything from telling a younger sibling that you are alright (as featured in my story) to discovering a lost lover.

Note: I do not suggest love relations between members of the afterlife in this storybook. But, if you must, you may.

Character palate:
Code: Select all
Name:
Age (7-15):
Reason for death (includes history):
Mission (You may change this later on!):
Picture (optional):
Appearance (if no picture):
Personality:
Other:

Questions can be asked in the DT: topic63934.html

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat May 22, 2010 4:07 pm
ultraviolet says...

Name: Jeanna (pronounced the letter G, and Anna) Carter
Age (7-15): 14
Reason for death (includes history): Her mom left when she was two. Her dad is almost always drunk. One day, being drunk, her got mad at her and smashed a beer bottle over her head, killing her instantly.
Mission (You may change this later on!): Death can choose.
Picture (optional):
Spoiler! :

Appearance (if no picture): Picture
Personality: Can be harsh. Practically lived on the streets and raised herself when her dad didn't care enough to. Is a good and loyal friend when you get to know her, but getting to know her's the hardest part. Her life motto--I don't put up walls to keep anybody out; I put them up to see who cares enough to go over them.
Other: Is up for almost any challenge.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela